[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently got my 3W laser shipped direct to me from China.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0253.jpg (75KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0253.jpg
75KB, 400x400px
So I recently got my 3W laser shipped direct to me from China. To give you some context on how strong this laser is, it's extraordinarily dangerous to simply play around with due to the possibility of the beam reflecting off a surface and hitting me in the eye. To actually shine it directly into one's retina is roughly 3,000 worse than staring into the sun in midday so the possibility of permanent eye damage from toying around with this awesome toy is quite high.

Can this serve as a decent self-defense weapon? Or should I just stick with pepper spray? Sorry, I live in Chicongo and as such actually getting a CCW is pretty much impossible.
>>
>>34040954
You're gonna try and wave a laser pointer at someone's eye in a high-stress, frantic situation?

Good luck, man. I mean that. I want to read a news article titled "Man Blinds Group of Muggers with A Laser."
>>
>>34040954

You would get have such a lawsuit brought against you on the grounds that he didndonothin' and now you've blinded him and he can't work or finish his doctorate.
>>
File: 67457896.png (273KB, 448x436px) Image search: [Google]
67457896.png
273KB, 448x436px
>get a thousand of these things
>set them in a 10x100 rig on a tripod
>wire up all the on/off buttons to a pair of spade grips
>use it for roadblocks
>shine it into the faces of anyone attempting to get by, or you got bored
>technically nonlethal

What could go wrong?
>>
>>34040982
What choice do I got?

Fucking job has me (unassuming white guy) going door to door in the hood at times.
>>
File: daa.png (117KB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
daa.png
117KB, 310x325px
No, in most states you'd probably be arrested just for carrying it and probably have a meeting with a Homeland security agent assuming you're an achmed looking to blind airline pilots.

Most states would prosecute you for using it in an offensive/defense manner and if they don't you'll be sued in civil court and pay for that niggers existence for the rest of your life.

>Check your municipalities knife and mace laws
>Leave Chimpcago - it's unfit for whites to live in.
>>
>>34040987
He was goin to be ah space astronaut veterinarian an shiit
>>34040954
My old ass red ryder is more dangerous to eyesight
>>
>>34041405
Not OP, but 3000mW is pretty fuckin dangerous. Pointing it at a white wall 1 foot in front of you can cause permanent injury, especially in the higher energy wavelengths like green, blue, violet, and UV.
>>
I didn't think you could even import 3W lasers as a consumer, unless things have changed in recent years, or I'm just an idiot.
>>
>>34041444
Joke
Your head
>>
>>34041496
hush now, child
>>
Use it as an offensive weapon. Jury rig a tripod to hold it steady and put a scope on it. blind a hoodlum from a mile away.
>>
>>34041101

I love how this is the case but you can literally cc a fucking "long pistol" or if you want pure nonviolence, you can grab yourself a god damn Kronos Master Key for 100 bucks and get into anything on the face of the earth without a trace.
>>
>>34041496
You're absolutely right. I definitely don't sense any sarcasm in your previous comment.
>>
>>34041483
It's still probably not something checked for by customs maybe? He might have broken a law that's not being well enforced yet.
>>
>>34041483
>as a consumer
OP is just a small businessman looking to do some engraving. He dindu nuffin.
>>
>>34040954
Four sets of cheap-ass UTG scope mounts and a quadrail handguard.
>>
>>34041519
>>34041534
samefag/10
>>
>>34041037
More like
>get 500 of these things
>build them in to a mechanized turret on your roof
>play Millenium Falcon vs. TIE Fighter with passing aircraft
>get black bagged
>>
>>34041634
Needs a swivel chair and drive-thru head set for max effect
>>
>>34040954
>getting a CCW is pretty much impossible.
I thought the SC overturned that and made Illinois shall issue.
>>
>>34041049
Quit your obviously shit job?
>>
>Dindu breaks into your house
>you shine your 3W laser at him
>he smiles and his teeth reflect the laser into your eyes, permanently blinding you
>>
>>34041483
You can't import a "laser pointer" above 50mw or something stupid, but the actual diodes and emitters can be imported for engraving an other uses. If you build a "laser pointer"-like device with the parts, that's your business. Think of it like an 80% lower.
>>
>>34041646
Nice shot kid that was one in a million
>>
Don't mess around with this type of stuff without protective glasses. I had a cheap green chinese laser about the same strength when I was in middle school, and after playing with it for 20min, and accidentally getting myself in the eye for a millisecond, I have permanently burned a hole in my left cornea.
>>
>>34041405
NASA already finished its chimps in space phase. Tyrone missed it!
>>
>>34041819
Sheeeiiiiiit
>>
for self defense, not good. First the dot is too small to easily point right into an eye. Second is you'll get sued for blinding someone. A wide collimated beam or a flashlight cone would be better for quickly shining on someone, but you'd have to really ramp up the power to get the similar lux (brightness per sq meter). Pepper spray is the better bet since the spray is wide and you won't be in legal trouble
>>
>>34041405
Mine is the same model in this video. It's only a 3 watt diode as opposed to the 4.5 watt in link but it has the same effect on objects especially darker objects.

https://youtu.be/b10I4UWQqkE
>>
>>34041774
Fuck man that reminds me of being in elementary and being so fucking retarded I allowed a fellow classmate point a laser in my eye. It was just for a small second but still. Glad it wasnt one of those powerful ones. Im lucky to not have any noticeable damage.
>>
>>34042034
Close left and right eye at a bright white screen
>>
>>34040954
getting a concealed carry permit is not "impossible" in Chicago
16 hours course and apply
shall issue
it's just expensive
>>
>>34042159
Tell us another story
>>
>>34042248
https://www.isba.org/ibj/2013/12/thenewillinoisconcealedcarrylaw

there's even state preemption of local firearm carry law
>>
Stop fucking around with LAZORZ xD and buy some pepper gel like a grown-up if you can't get a concealed carry permit.
>>
>>34040954
Don't go fucking up my hobby by doing dumber shit than has already been done, nigger.
It's not a fucking "toy" whatsoever.

A 3W directly in the eye will cause permanent blindness, and will get you sued.

Get a gun like a normal person.
Yes you can get a CCW, even in Chimpcago.
>>
>>34041049
>going door to door in the hood at times.

Get a jacket that says FEMA on the back.

They will love you.
>>
File: morans.jpg (40KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
morans.jpg
40KB, 480x468px
FPBP

stick with pepper spray you moran
>>
>>34040954
>3W laser from china
I don't believe you
>>
I checked the legal statues and it's only illegal if you don't say "pew pew" while using it.

Rigging up a speaker to automatically emit the phrase when activated in a self-defense situation is perfectly legal, creating a semi-automatic laser that pew pews every time you activate the laser.

Making the speaker continuously say "pew pew pew pew etc." is however creation of an illegal automatic laser weapon and you would face jail time if it were found on your person or even worse used in an actual self-defense situation.
>>
>>34041037
nigger, if that's a three watt laser, you don't need TWO of those for anything. that fucking beam is so bad that merely having your eyes exposed to it, as it, the beam is somewhere in front of you, and at no point is it reflected onto you, will cause permanent eye damage or blindness. for a 750mw laser (1/4 of this one's brightness) just looking at the splace of it on a wall at 20 feet will guaranteed, cause eye damage if not blind you.OP could literally go on a fucking rampage blinding thousands in just a few minutes.these kind of lasers (exceptionally powerful burning lasers) will penetrate cds, light shit on fire, light matches near instantly, hell, they're not even meant to be activated outside a controlled environment or near anybody not wearing a pair of laser refraction goggles. If pointed into the eye, radioactive man said it best. "The goggles, they do nothing!
>>
File: 1484910982425.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1484910982425.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
>>34042145
>>
>>34042770
>>34041037
so, seeing as I'm the guy who replied the first time, let me tell you what to do... make a mockup of an M-2, link the laser on a ripple function to a pair of spade grips. bonues points: the laser is in IR and only night vision can see it. point it at random people and blind their asses for no reason.
>go on rampage today
>what gun to choose?
>nothing seems to work until....
>3W IR Laser.
>Blind several THOUSAND people over the next couple hours.
>Random dude walking along freezes like a deer in the headlights, and starts screaming that he's having a stroke because his face feels like it's on fire and he can't see.
>Best. Day. Ever.
>>
>>34040954
you'll put your eye out.
>>
I've always wondered what was stopping someone from shining one of these at a crowded street from a distance.

Like, there's almost no way you could get caught.
>>
>>34042817
Not to mention everybody within a 3 mile radius, if line of sight is unbroken.

>>34042821
Usually morals.
also
STOP TRYING TO FUCK MY HOBBY UP
It's hard enough building high powered lasers as it is, I don't need retards like you making it more difficult.
>>
>>34042821
if you do, this guy >>34042834 will find you and break your legs
>>
>>34040987
*Doctorate in Ebonics
>>
>>34043006
Not necessarily.
But his wrists and every finger on both hands, so bad that he's never able to hold anything again is a distinct possibility.

>Happy lasering, and remember to wear properly rated laser eye protection!
>>
>>34041483
>>34041730

Obama's FDA banned the import of lasers over 5mw January 1 of 2015 because faggots were using cheapo green lasers from gas stations on planes and helicopters.

Thanks alot Obama.

It is also illegal to install a laser over 5mw on a gun. Alot of you need to lurk LPF.com
>>
>>34042821

Except there will be a giant ass super bright beam traveling from you to where ever you point that thing. It will be totally not obvious.

>protip you will be caught.
>>
>>34043485
>what is IR
Also everyone that looks at it goes blind. It's the perfect crime.
>>
How blind are we talking about here? I would never use a weapon thats guaranteed to leave the adversary alive to sue me
>>
>>34040954
How does someone even protect from this? It looks so fucking easy for the first idiot to fuck up your life in a moment
>>
>>34043802

Is it possible to be blind enough not to be able to sue?
>>
Can these lasers really hit a plane's cockpit and screw with the pilots' vision or was the hoopla just an excuse to pass nofunallowed.jpg laws
>>
>>34044290
>sitting in big glass box
>suddenly massively bright light shoots in and starts reflecting all over the place
You tell me.
>>
couldnt you get some kind of protective googles? or do they do nothing?
>>
File: engagepartymode.jpg (45KB, 570x379px) Image search: [Google]
engagepartymode.jpg
45KB, 570x379px
>>34044393
It's impossible to track with that amount of accuracy for any length of time, the US banned them after they were used in Egypt and other places during the arab spring to deny police and military helicopters.
>>
>>34043468
That's a dead link with a vacant domain.
>>
>>34043956
>>34043802
well, no, we're talking permanent blindness, and not even from shining into the eye, just from being exposed to the beam, particularly so at three watts.
>>
File: brainproblems.jpg (21KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
brainproblems.jpg
21KB, 657x527px
>>34044290
>>34044393
>>34044520
I'm not sure about that, I think it has more to do with old times when assholes with spotlights would shine them on pilots.
>Be me, 1926.
>Flying my biplane over New York city at night. Trying to navigate by lights and land features.
>Whole world turns the color of my upper wing as some asshole with a spotlight shines it on my aircraft.
>Can't see outside. Suddenly see something.
>It's the empire state building.
>Crash through window.
>Police come up to investigate and see if I'm okay.
>MFW they give me a speeding ticket.
>>
Which visible wavelength is best for weapon purposes? Do these work on animals? I'd love a 3 watt laser to stun rabbits with
>>
>>34044626
>Overheard on ATC, about twenty years ago, after a British Airways flight has just landed and changed from Tower to Ground frequency:

>Frankfurt Ground, Speedbird 12, for bay 36A

>Speedbird 12, Frankfurt Ground - have you been here before?

>Speedbird 12, affirm I have

>Speedbird 12 Frankfurt Ground - very well, cleared to taxi to bay 36A by taxiways Charlie and Golf; the 727 to your right will give way to you

>Speedbird 12, taxi via Charlie and Golf; request taxi assistance to get to Charlie?

>Speedbird 12, you said you'd been here before?

>Ground, Speedbird 12, affirm sir that's correct - but it was in 1944 and I didn't land
>>
File: yag.jpg (180KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
yag.jpg
180KB, 334x500px
>>34040954
>3W laser

>So I recently got my 3W laser

Get on my level son
>>
File: collimation.jpg (32KB, 440x316px) Image search: [Google]
collimation.jpg
32KB, 440x316px
>>34044683
>Get on my level son

"your" level, fucking lol

pic related, fusion bitches
>>
>>34044665
Bump
>>
File: Beyond_Belief.jpg (5KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond_Belief.jpg
5KB, 284x177px
>>34044715
>mfw portable fusion reactors
>mfw they enable portable laser guns with the same lethality as firearms
>mfw Star Trek mirror universe
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.