[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Coworker asks if I want to go shooting >Sure >Meet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 18

File: 640.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
>Coworker asks if I want to go shooting
>Sure
>Meet up at the range one weekend
>I bring 4 guns, he just brings his AR-15
>He sets up his target at the 25 yard line
>He uncases the AR-15
>"The AR drops em all!"
>He magdumps his first magazine
>Jams another magazine in the rifle and magdumps again
>He does this a few more times until he's out of ammo
>The target has about 30 holes in it
>mfw he expected me to share my guns and ammo after not letting me shoot his
>>
>>34040381
>>mfw he expected me to share my guns and ammo after not letting me shoot his
i really dislike that. when i go shooting, its usually atleast 4 or 5 hours. some guys bring 100 rounds of ammo, shoot it up within the first 45 minutes and then just hang around.
>>
yea, that's an asshole move. You should've brought up how you didn't even get a chance to shoot his ar15 (which I am sure you don't really care, but it's the principle), and after the shoot, never go with him again.
>>
>some poor retarded sperg boy at my construction site
>be nice, invite him to come shooting with me
>he brings 3 flintlocks and some hungarian machine gun
>try to get him to loosen up, put on my Chris Costa impression
>he starts rocking back and forth and tells me he has to go home
>>
File: arshoottry.webm (3MB, 928x528px) Image search: [Google]
arshoottry.webm
3MB, 928x528px
>go into woods
>magdump AR-15
>people yell "hey we're hiking over here!!!"
>I yell back "Get out of my woods!!!"
>here whispering amongst hikers
>"we're allowed to be here right?"
>"I'm not sure, I thought it was public"
>I yell out loud "I heard that"
>They yell back "I'm calling the Forest Service Cops"
>I yell back "go ahead faggo... hang on I have a phone call"
>"Forest Service how can I help you?"
>>
>>34040420
I said something like "really? you didn't even let me try your AR."

I ended up giving him my 10/22 to shoot, he just rapid fired. I told him to aim his shots and he complained about how ARs are better than 10/22s. I ended up calling it a day after about half an hour.

Usually I enjoy having people shoot my guns, but this was something else. I'm never going to the range with someone I barely know again.
>>
File: 1433552610752.jpg (14KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
1433552610752.jpg
14KB, 300x419px
>>34040473
>>
>>34040407
>4 or 5 hours
what the fuck
>some guys bring 100 rounds of ammo, shoot it up within the first 45 minutes
literally me

what are you doing for 5 hours?
>>
>>34040544
>what are you doing for 5 hours?
shooting
>>
>>34040381

>Hey anon, you have a gun, right?
>"Yeah."
>I just got a sweet handgun to go with my hunting rifle. can you help me sight them in for my hunting trip?
>"... sure?"
>Two days later, attarange
>I bring a Saiga, haven't shot it in forever, figure it's a fun gun to let a beginner dick around with.
>He brings out his rifle
>Fucking PRISTINE 7600. Beautiful woodwork, original scope mounts
>I'm in awe. It's the most beautiful piece of fudd I've ever seen in my life.
>Tell him it's a great gun.
>"Yeah, well I really wanted an AR but this was cheaper."
>Tells me he got it for 300 bucks. I almost shit a brick.
>Worth noting that we live in PA and semi hunting was illegal until this year.
>Anyway, help him get zeroed at 100, figure he's knew and shouldn't be taking long shots anyway. Tell him holdover or under shouldn't be more than a few inches at realistic ranges, so he's good.
>Brings out his handgun.
>By this point I'm expecting some fucking glorious revolver
>.25acp break action derringer. "It's better than bigger guns because no one will look for it in my little pocket.
>He means the pocketwatch pocket on his jeans. I tactfully don't make a joke about fitting it up his ass.
>we shoot for a little bit, until he gets bored and bails.
>Next day at work.
>"Hey anon, I bought a laser sight for the rifle (he means a boresight). I rechecked it in my room and it was off by like a mile, so I readjusted it.
>"Wait, you zeroed your rifle with a laser at like, what, fifteen feet?"
>"Yeah."
>"Good for you, buddy."
>"You should really be more knowledgeable about this stuff, anon. You said you knew what you were doing."
>>
>>34040544
shooting. i make a day of it. plus my range has a few different ranges, so its not like im sitting at a bench all day, although there are days like that too.
if im working on reloads or brought multiple guns to shoot for example.
>>
>>34040544
>what are you doing for 5 hours?
He's that guy who checks his target after every shot.
>>
>>34040580
Where are you located roughly in pa?
>>
>>34040473
>Am kiwifag
>Like to fuck with tourist
>My property is a couple km from a popular bush track
>Tell people they're lost and that they are trespassing on bush Maori land
>Fuck off into the bushes
>Make my way home with a grin on my face
>Probably killed more Germans doing that then my grandad did in the war.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 1274x710px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 1274x710px
>tfw too autistic to go to the range with people because they end up mindlessly magdumping everything and hate having +5 guns laying around on the table
>>
>>34040607

Northwestern.
>>
I don't get you yanks and your ranges, the states is fucking massive, just shoot in your backyards.
>>
>>34040632
Im the butler/clarion are 724.

You interested in a group of other PA kommandos? We have about 60 members and have meetups every other month along with going to gun shows and build parties and camping trips to centralia/abandoned pa turnpike.

Interested?
>>
>>34040618
Glad to know I'm not the only New Zealander that does shit like this.
>>
File: 0509171558.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0509171558.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>>34040658
Like this?
>>
>>34040381
If you have him something trivial like 5 rounds out of each he might learn to appreciate something other than mag dumps, OP.
>>
>>34040544
load development, extended courses of fire, generating and interpolating dope tables for various conditions with various loads and rifles, general fuckery.

Not that guy, but an average trip to the pistol range for me is ~300 rounds and ~3 hours. An average trip to the rifle range is ~100 rounds and ~3 hours.
>>
>>34040688
Yea but without the fucking stand and everything. Why is bench shooting popular? I'll never fucking understand, doesn't it take all the fun out of it?
>>
File: 1489230871217.png (421KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489230871217.png
421KB, 1067x800px
>>34040473
>>
> take nogunz friend to range
> bring assorted pistols for him to try
> .32, .380, .357, 9mm, .45
> have a blast!
> he loves shooting
> as we leave he mentions doing it again
> I say sure but next time the ammo is on you
> he looks at me and asks "don't you have any more?"
> tell him how much $$$ we threw down range
> last I heard from him about shooting
Some people really live in their own little worlds.
>>
>>34041979
similar story with my friend but the fucker guilt tripped ME about using my own ammo.
>>
>>34041979
>"Sure! Want to help me reload some?"
>He takes you up on it
>he learns more about guns
>you ask him to pay for his half of the components at the end

If he fucks off you got a bunch of ammo loaded for free, if not, he may do it again or even buy his own ammo to avoid the hassle.
>>
>>34041979
Oh for fucks sake even after it's been explained how expensive the shit is
>take friend to go shoot my new pistol for the first time, my first time shooting a pistol
>friend isn't crazy about guns like me, but none the less is interested
>ended up having a blast, put probably 400 or so rounds of 9mm downrange
>he starts talking about getting a gun
>did I mention my friend is also a cheap, cheap bastard?
>all he does is talk about guns he's "gonna get"
>brings up taking him shooting
>I tell him he needs to get his own ammo or get his own gun or both
>"but you took me last time"
>"you'll just end up taking me because you want someone to shoot with"
NIGGERTHISSHITISEXPENSIVE.explainedagain
>"bro I'll buy like a box off of you or something"
SOME FUCKING PEOPLE
>>
>>34040473
Incredible.
>>
>>34041903
bench shooting is for old men with rheumatism and a bad back.
>>
>>34042562
>>"you'll just end up taking me because you want someone to shoot with"
kek, he probably thinks that you have no friends and that you should pay (in ammo) for the privilege to hang out with him.
>>
>>34042562
this is why I don't take people shooting.
>>
>>34040670

Northeast PA fag here. Kinda interested if you're still around. I live about 20 minutes from Centralia actually.
>>
>>34042594
Yeah he's kinda retarded, he's been getting bad lately. The other day he got me all worked up because he kept spewing some shit about how the nogs are "oppressed by white people cuz the CIA introduced crack to inner cities in the 80's" and just general retardation that's starting to become a bit too much for me to handle.
>>
>>34040473
You sound like a fuckhead
>>
>>34042599
Well I mean I have a friend who I go shoot with, and my "collection" is nothing compared to his. I may ask for a clip or two through the garand or the Mauser or the mosin or a mag of .30 carbine but I keep well in mind how expensive it is and I make damn well sure my bud gets to shoot a good bit of my own ammo. Just amazes me how someone can pretty much expect you to spend hundreds on them and go out of your own way to give them a hobby.
>>
>>34040381
>>34041979

This is why you shoot .22 when you take random people for the first time so you don't have to look like a schlomo
>>
>>34042562
>>34041979
I have a guy at work who is also a delivery driver with me saving up for his citizenship test and I finally broke and am willing to pay for ammo to shoot if it would stop raining.

I'm willing to sacrifice ammo if it means we get another conservative in America.

But the other guy at work, he pays. I like them both equally as friends but cmon. Get a gun.
>>
>>34040658
unless you live in the country, most people don't have yards big enough for that.

Most incorporated municipalities have ordinances against firing a gun for anything other than SD anyway.
>>
>>34042610
>the CIA introduced crack to inner cities in the 80
That's true though, that's how they get money for various projects they don't want to disclose.

Pretty sure they peddle drugs in poor white areas to.
>>
>>34042581
>>34041903
>what is a stable platform to sight in for 200 alex.

Also range shooting is nice around here if you really want to strech your rifle out . my range is only 10 min away and is 600 yards along with a 50 yard pistol range.
>>
>>34042601
Fill out the required bits or more and let me know here if you do it so I can check it once you are done.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JYhCV8qmxX_MKVfaVnNGoK4eq_Y8ExPlm1CoevnXDwM/
>>
File: 1492844878593.jpg (12KB, 261x221px) Image search: [Google]
1492844878593.jpg
12KB, 261x221px
>>34040473
Hmm
>>
>>34040580
>>Next day at work.
>>"Hey anon, I bought a laser sight for the rifle (he means a boresight). I rechecked it in my room and it was off by like a mile, so I readjusted it.
>>"Wait, you zeroed your rifle with a laser at like, what, fifteen feet?"
>>"Yeah."
>>"Good for you, buddy."
>>"You should really be more knowledgeable about this stuff, anon. You said you knew what you were doing."
How many rocks did he kill on his hunting trip?
>>
>>34041903
>Why is bench shooting popular? I'll never fucking understand, doesn't it take all the fun out of it?

>Custom building an extremely accurate rifle and competing to see whose is best
>Not fun
>>
File: 1492981853377.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1492981853377.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>34043337
>Can you carry concealed in Pennsylvania?

I used to conceal carry when I worked in PA with my FL permit. Then they stopped accepting it a couple years ago...

>mfw
>>
>>34042822
I think the point he was making was his friend somehow believes the CIA was created for and is run by white people as a whole. I for one have never gotten a reminder to attend the super secret white folks meet up to vote on how to oppress the shit out of minorities. Do you know who I need to call?
>>
>>34040381
I honestly thought your co-worker was gonna show up with new guns and wanted to rent
The fact that he actually owns a gun makes a huge difference
>>
>>34040473
> dem Rick O'Shay's
>>
>>34043651

"Man, anon, my hunting trip was crazy. I was just about to take down this giant deer when I got jumped by an army of rock monsters! I didn't bag the deer, but at least I saved us from the Golem Invasion. You're welcome, by the way."
>>
Why in the fuck do you go to a range with other people? There's literally no advantage to it
>hangin out wif mah bros tho!
Yeah, go to a bar. Or go fishing. Or go out to some ranch to do your magdumping and not-actually-paying-attention-to-your-shooting. Or literally ANYTHING else but shooting at a range.

Ranges are for practice and training. You can't do that with some faggot bugging you.
>>
>>34044191
>Tripfag
>Is autistic
Oh what a world we live in!
>>
>>34040544
I spend about 3-5 hours when I shoot.
Go for good groups at min 300m and check my target about every 5 rounds to see my group.

What is the point of shooting, especially what most tactitards call "training" if all I do is spray and make noise? You can't tell how you are doing and if you can improve when you do that.

When I do "mag dump" I do double and triple taps with my AR or SKS at 100-300m and still check my "groups" but at around every 10-15 rounds of I am rapid firing.
>>
>>34040658
I do. Supposed to have ten acres of land to do it and I only have 2, but the farmer behind me lets me shoot on his land, so I just sit the target on his side of the property line and blast away.
>>
>>34042601
Also PA fag here. Whatever you do, don't try to make friends with fucking Parker. He's autistic as fuck and points guns at people when he drinks.
>>
>>34041903
That's why Field Target is a thing.
>>
>>34040580
Holy shit I'd want to just backhand him hard enough to break bones.
But I'd have probably just done the same thing and decided I can't fix stupid.
>>
>>34040381

What range do you go to that allows mag dumps?

Every range I've been to, other than private land, for the last 20 years have a 2 second rule per round.
>>
>>34042610
Why are you his friend? He seems like a total asshole to be around.
>>
>>34044672
Idk man I gotta admit I've been questioning this myself lately
>>
>>34042581
Or to have a controlled environment in which to site in, develope loads or develope ballistics tables
>>
>>34040618
Ausfags gonna ausfag
>>
>>34044526
Gun clubs or Ranges on Game lands/
>>
>>34040407
>4 or 5 hours.
What the fuck, are you blogging about every shot you take?
>>
File: Holdingheadwhilelaughing.png (78KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
Holdingheadwhilelaughing.png
78KB, 247x248px
>>34040473
>I AM THE LAW!
>>
>>34045121
>>34040544
Found the fags that show up, magdump a mag or two or shoot a few shells and leave
>>
>>34045150
>magdump
No, I use shoot'n'see and my spotting scope to check my targets. At most I'll stay for a couple hours. It's sounds like you shoot one round then take Instagram photos about it.
>>
File: 1384134933727.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
1384134933727.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>34040473
>>
>>34045195
I magdump too, I'm just not afraid to spend a good amount of money on ammo. When I'm being serious I try to make sure as many rounds land on target as possible. I'll have my buddy spot for me too.
>>
>>34042539
>trusting someone else's reloads, especially a beginner
>>
>>34045150

4 to 5 hours of paper punching is useless.

You should find an area that allows shooting and moving or some type of dynamic environment.

Shooting paper is good for making sure your basics are in order and practicing proper sight picture and trigger squeeze. It should not take more than an hour.

Unless you are about to go on Safari and are sighting in an a .458 Lott and you need quite a few minutes between rounds. I met a guy doing just that, he let me shoot it 2 times. I can see where a long rest could come in handy.
>>
>go shooting in the desert with my crazy fudd friend who is 100% for trump since he announced he was running, believes in conspiracies like contrails and probably flat earth, and joined the local militia
>wears camo, vest, leg holster, bucket hat, has cigarette hanging out of the corner of his mouth, the whole 9 yards
>don't mind shooting with him because despite all this bullshit, he brings a shitload of guns and ammo
>just bring my two ARs and pistol
>my shit is set up to be as accurate as possible, one AR is pretty much a DMR setup that I have no problem hitting tannerite jars at 200 yards
>he takes off the scope from my AR (ADM mount so I don't really give a shit)
>puts it on his pistol AR
>shoots a full mag at tannerite 100 yards out, misses all shots
>starts talking shit about my scope and how it doesn't work
>uses his iron sights, still misses because he doesn't even bother to zero his shit, just expects it to work.
like I get owning guns and shooting them are fun, but why not put a little effort into understanding them?
>>
>>34045283

Because reading isn't fun I guess
>>
>>34045283
>like I get owning guns and shooting them are fun, but why not put a little effort into understanding them?
Go back to the first line describing him and you'll understand.
>>
>>34045283
>one AR is pretty much a DMR setup that I have no problem hitting tannerite jars at 200 yards

Wowzers, a whole 200 YARDS WITH AN AR? Geewiz, so accurate.

Seriously, with a scope, you should be reaching out further than that unless you bought some noname barrel.
>>
>>34045323
what got you worked up? I'm not saying it like it should be impressive
>>
File: Holdenitdown.jpg (68KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
Holdenitdown.jpg
68KB, 420x315px
>go to local indoor range
>shoot steel case ammo, let those range jockeys sort that shit
>Adjacent shooter is using same caliber and throwing his brass away in the range owned bucket
>Ask if I pick his cases up for him can I keep them for reloading
>They look down at the pile of lacquer cases around my lane

Get dirty looks from the RO's but do it anyway. Buy cheap shit ammo and go to range. Leave with 150+ rounds of shiny once fired 45 brass. Waiting for the staff to come up with some new rule about only being able to pickup your own brass.
>>
>>34040618
Haha
>>
>>34045330
>one AR is pretty much a DMR setup that I have no problem hitting tannerite jars at 200 yards

Uh-huh
>>
>>34045358
so why are you worked up again? I can't state facts?
>>
>>34045366
If you think saying you can't shoot/you bought a cheap barrel is worked up, then the real world must be awfully hard on you buttercup.
>>
>>34045398
>say my AR is set up to be accurate
>give example of how it's accurate (say hitting a 4 inch target at 200 yards with ease is not a problem)
>HURR DURR IT'S AN AR DURR

it's cute how you're getting all worked up and then denying it. Please respond more.
>>
>>34045423
Calm down anon, you're just being exposed as a shit shot, or dare I say, a noguns who thinks 200 yards is impressive. Still, I appreciate you showing your autism as you flail at the keyboard and risk knocking over your mountain dew.
>>
>>34045351
every range (indoor) ive ever been to has this rule how the fuck do they miss the memo
>>
>>34045472
you're projecting a lot.
>>
>>34045488
I've never been to a range that regulates what brass you can pick up. My primary range doesn't even have an RO except for events and competitions, so I guess it varies by area.
>>
>>34045497
A MOA or sub mia DMR should hit a target like that at double the distance without an issue.

Learn to shoot.
>>
>>34045512
that's nice. WHy are you so worked up friend?
>>
File: 1493928506018.jpg (336KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
1493928506018.jpg
336KB, 673x680px
>>34045523
>Only defense is why u mad

Lol, nvm, forgot you Reddit fats are here for the summer.

Carry on humble bragging about being a bad shot.
>>
>>34045542
again, you're projecting pretty hard. Me stating that the rifle has no problem hitting targets at 200 yards to show how this retarded couldn't hit anything at 100 isn't me bragging. Please keep responding to show you're not worked up over nothing.
>>
File: 1495270546153.jpg (38KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
1495270546153.jpg
38KB, 443x332px
>>34045323
>>34045358
>>34045398
>>34045472
>>34045512
>>34045542

FUCKING NORMIE GET OFF MY BOARD
>>
>>34044460
Get a map of your property lines, get a surveyor team out, then tell everyone to fuck off of your land.
>>
>>34045612
I have a steel pin in all four corners that the county placed in the 50s. Not sure what you're saying, though. No one bothers me on my land.
>>
>>34045270
you should also find a range that lets you fire out of your car incase you need to practice your elite operator skills in a civvie zone, or better yet one of those MOUT training areas set up like an Iraqi town. That's the only way to be cool, otherwise what's the point?
>>
>>34040580
sounds more like you failed in your instruction of a new shooter. Maybe if you taught him what zeroing is and how it works he wouldn't have done that. Better to be snarky on the internet
>>
File: 1489347161096m.jpg (100KB, 725x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489347161096m.jpg
100KB, 725x1024px
>>34040473
>>
>>34045488
>every range (indoor) ive ever been to has this rule

No shit? That is fucked up. Ranges charge a membership or admission fee to use their grounds/facility and I get that it covers overhead costs. Then they have service that buys brass casings by weight making unknown amount of profit. God forbid you actually buy their overpriced ammo cause you forgot a caliber at home or rented a range gun. Their double dipping on the customer, if I get permission from a owner/shooter to police their brass then fuck 'em in their pussy.
>>
File: 1495103651534.jpg (13KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
1495103651534.jpg
13KB, 280x373px
>>34044473
Nigger I dont even drink.

Im willing to bet your ass never went to a meet up.
>>
>>34046505
Can confirm, parker is a huge faggot
>>
>>34040445
You brought Ian from Forgotten Weapons to the range?
>>
File: 17_23_36_281_file.jpg (25KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
17_23_36_281_file.jpg
25KB, 460x305px
>>34040473
Doing god's work and magdumping an AR, good job lad
>>
>>34040580
It sounds like you had a nice date.
>>
File: stolen-meme.jpg (7KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
stolen-meme.jpg
7KB, 250x196px
>>34045523
boy you sure are showing him
>>
File: 1487670703704.jpg (154KB, 707x536px) Image search: [Google]
1487670703704.jpg
154KB, 707x536px
>>34047432
>>
>>34045323
The fact your are acting that way makes me think you never even tried to shoot at 200yards.
>>
>>34040473
I hope this is real
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.