[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did 300 little boy fucking faggots somehow hold an entire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

How did 300 little boy fucking faggots somehow hold an entire empire at bay for fucking days?
>>
>>34038385
>little boy fucking faggots
Considering the Persians did this on top of pretty much the entire rest of the world at the time... yeah they're all gay.
>>
>>34038385
bottleneck and superior training
>>
Effective use of terrain and the Athenian fleet covering the sea routes.
>>
>>34038385

Easy

Spartans liked boys around 10-12 while arabs consider anything 8 and under fair game

This means they have much lower standards for boy rape than the Spartans who only allowed the fastest and fittest to bugger adolescents. Some of the men in Darius' army hadn't even raped any boys at all and had gone after young girls, a much easier quarry.
>>
>>34038385
Bottleneck and arabs being arabs. Wait, correct me on that. "Persians". That's it.
>>
>>34038385
because thousands of other boy fucking faggots were helping them
>>
>>34038385
Fun fact, Xenophon who spent much time in Sparta and had his sons schooled there denied any forms of pederasty among the Spartans.

There is no other primary source that actually had dealings with Sparta to support that claim; Plutarch never actually saw the Sparta he wrote about as he was born 300 years too late. Combined with the fact it was documented by the Athenians that Spartans insulted Athenians as boy fuckers, it is unlikely they actually practiced pederasty.

Athens on the other hand, has lots of surviving documents of families hiring body guards to protect their sons from child rapists during that period. Thebes is also the only documented city-state to have gay soldiers.

Now, on the other hand, Spartans were well documented notorious swingers, who encouraged their wives to fuck any comers.
>>
>>34038385
by being backed by a fuckton of other greek faggots who didn't get any credit.
>>
>>34040429
This.

The only guy who ever wrote down their history explicitly denies it. Faggots try to shoehorn LGBT garbage into whatever they can nowadays.
>>
>>34038410
/this
>>
>300
There were literally thousands of spartans and other greek tribes.
>>
>>34038385
Because the "300 Spartans" actually happened to be USMC who got time travelled back to the area when the Greek economy went to shit a few years back.

the simple lack of any commerce opened up a singularity swallowing up the Marines. who after they spent all their ammo picked up the spears off the battle field.

USMC are born to natural fuck each other, and battle naked.

this story of the time traveled 300 barbarians was enough to cause the Spartan arm to actually stop molesting their goats to actually fight the battle after the "300" got but fucked by the Persian micro penis's ((which where fun sized compared to the ones the drill-argents had from bootcamp))

and so the story of the brave 300 Spartans came to be.
>>
>>34040429
>who encouraged their wives to fuck any comers

This isn't entirely true. They encouraged their wives to fuck around only when the husband was away on a campaign in order to "make more sons for Sparta".
>>
>>34038385

The Persians were from the middle east and were used to fighting in wide open spaces where mobility was crucial. So you pack a couple hundred thousand conscripts in wicker and cloth and order them to take a narrow pass held by heavily armored professional soldiers (putting it mildly) in bronze plate.
>>
>>34038385
Western armies were always superior to eastern ones.

The idea of disciplined heavy infantry cooperating in formation is strictly western and no other culture figured it out on its own.
>>
>>34043305

That is such bullshit. I don't... where are you reading this stuff?
>>
>>34043305

Put a combined greek coalition army circa 4th century B.C. out in the middle of the desert and they would have been surrounded and torn to pieces.
>>
>>34043322

Excuse me... 5th century... a 4th century greek army did just that.
>>
>>34043318
Tell me about all the non-western armies who's military practices reminded those of western ones.
>>34043322
Xenophon wasn't. In fact he went straight back from middle eastern deserts through Anatolian mountains to Greece, with just 10000 Greek mercenaries fighting entire Persian Empire.
>>
>>34043327

Yeah but he was running AWAY, though.

Well, the Chinese for one thing. Also let us not forget that the Mongols independent of any western influence ran roughshod over half the globe unchecked.
>>
>>34043327

By the way, you said superior not equivalent.
>>
I mean physical bottleneck and 7,000+ soldiers from other city states helped...
>>
>>34040429
Weren't their women also expected to defend Sparta while their soldiers were off fighting?
>>
>>34043336
>Yeah but he was running AWAY, though.
Fought numerous battles on the way back and won them. Terrain didn't matter. In fact if you were a smart cookie you'd say that the hills and mountains would be huge problem for him since phalanx would break in those but he did just well there.
>Well, the Chinese for one thing.
>>34043339
>By the way, you said superior not equivalent.
In that case Chinese don't fucking count.

As for Mongols it was very short lived affair, the only European nation they were really able to conquer was heavily divided Kievian Rus in the middle of civil war, and some people wouldn't call it "western".
>>
>>34043349

Alright, alright... Xenophon was the man. But he was picking the spot and hugging the coast.

As for the mongols, we all know what would have happened if Western Europe had the right kind of environment for a pitched battle with the Mongols.

Why do the Chinese not count? They were fighting pitched battles over rice fields involving more men than the entirety of western Eurasia could have fielded combined.
>>
>>34038385
Good choice of chokepoint and having massive assistance the other city states.
>>
>>34043349

Look, the west has clearly done something right, but I resent the idea that it's military traditions are flat superior. They are NOW, or at least they WERE, but I tend to think the Han vs SPQR in their heydays would have been tough to call.
>>
>>34042911
300 spartans and 7000 other faggots
the spartans had the most morale and held on the longest though
>>
>>34038437
But anon, persians aren't arabs.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 206x244px
>>34038437

Nigga.... please.
>>
>>34043327
>Tell me about all the non-western armies who's military practices reminded those of western ones

Parthians
Seleucids
Baktrians
Indian kingdoms(defeated Alexander)
Goths
Huns
Mongols
>>
>>34038385
>weapon folded a thousand time
>superior bushido
>their job
> superior tactics
>>
>>34043473

Wait... Alexander the Great lost a battle? That's news to me!
>>
>>34038437
same flock of seagulls
>>
>>34043497

Isn't that like saying Russians and Germans are the same?
>>
>>34043194
u wat?
>>
>>34043395
Not really
>>
>>34038385
Because, it was their profession.
>>
File: 1486175754125.jpg (10KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
1486175754125.jpg
10KB, 202x184px
>>34043194
>>
>>34038385
>>34043627
Beause they had the upper hand in terms of position on the land. Also they were not alone, there were a shit load of guys backing them up from athens and other places.
Learn some fucking history you pleb.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 1024x763px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 1024x763px
>>34038385
They didn't.

It was more like 1000 dudes. If I remember correctly it was 300 Spartiates, 700 Thebans and I think like 400 Corinthians? Some other city state.

The Persian numbers also probably aren't what you think.

Other than that, the Phalanx is a REALLY good defensive formation in mountainous terrain and narrow passes.

t. Classical Studies minor
>>
>>34043675
300 Spartans (plus about 2x as many Helots) and between 4000 and 7000 other Greeks (possibly with unlisted slaves as well) from Athens, Thebes, and Thespiae. The Thesspians were also to stand by the Spartans in the final hours of battle.
>>
>>34043773
The spartans had a shit load of helots that would scamper up to the high ground and pepper folk with arrows. The Thesspians had a real chip on their shoulder if i read correctly and refused to retreat with the other greeks, preferring to stand shield to shield with th Spartans. Didnt Sparta give them something for their bravery? Swear to fuck they did but i cant remember
>>
>>34038385
>300

Keep getting your history from movies bub, the greeks outnumbered the persians at Thermopylae, the Spartans werent the only guys there, and brought a shitlaod of non-citizen conscripts beyond that 300 figure, above 10k If memory serves, the only part of that tale that's true is that the choke-point helped, cause of muh phalanxes
>>
>>34043830
Probably, but I can't remember either. It's been years since I've read anything about the Greeks.
>>
>>34043858

>Greeks outnumbered the Persians at Thermopylae

Which is the bigger number, 7,000 or 300,000?
>>
>>34043773
Didn't Thesspia get fucking razes? Like it was one of the first cities after Thermopylae so they got fucking rekt after the greeks had to give up the pass
>>
they were pumping each other with semen
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.