[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to be a U.S. citizen in order to buy a rifle in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
Do you have to be a U.S. citizen in order to buy a rifle in the states or is permanent residency enough?
>>
>>34037862
In regards to federal law, green card is enough. As for state law, it might depend on the state of your residency.
>>
>>34037862

I know that in NY state, permanent residency is enough for long-guns at least. Pretty sure that it's also enough for pistol license.
>>
>>34037930
>>34037949
Thanks

Which states have the 'best' gun laws?
>>
>>34037970
If you just avoid New York, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Illinois you'll probably be happy in regards to gun laws.
>>
File: neat.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>34037862
>australian soldiers remove the magazine disconnect safeties from their hi powers
>mfw
>>
>>34037862
Future news article for why stricter laws needed and false flagging the post.
>>
File: MK_safty_3.jpg (172KB, 542x600px) Image search: [Google]
MK_safty_3.jpg
172KB, 542x600px
>>34037862
I recall, that EU citizen could go to the US and live there for 6 months, without a visa
and I even think, you could buy guns too
but don't quote me on that

sauce was some ATF article, if I remember correctly
>>
>>34038012
Ya I live in MN which is pretty much the Sweden of the US but gun laws here are actually really nice.
>>
>>34038041
No. You need to show that you are a permanent resident.
>>
>>34038012
don't forget maryland.
>>
>>34037970

Hard to say which one is "best" because they're all different, but generally the closer to the middle or south of the country you are the more likely they are to be good. Coastal areas aren't automagically bad (Pacific NorthBest is still free) but they're more likely to be fucked.
>>
File: 1408948356231.png (615KB, 554x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408948356231.png
615KB, 554x480px
>>34038126
I thought I was missing one.
>>
File: 1495097779339.jpg (64KB, 475x518px) Image search: [Google]
1495097779339.jpg
64KB, 475x518px
>>34038096
you sure about that

>https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/does-prohibition-receipt-and-possession-firearms-and-ammunition-aliens-nonimmigrant-visa
>https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visa-waiver-program.html

my english is't perfect, but I understand it as
>be western-european
>travel to US as tourist, without visa
>buy funs
>sell funs
>travel back to EU
>>
>>34038164

Why sell funs when you could burry them and save them for when you get back
>>
A permanent resident successfully sued the state police in Montana after they were denied a CCL due to their citizen status. You'll be fine.
>>
>>34037970
Alaska, Texas, Arizona, Vermont
>>
File: you ese.jpg (255KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
you ese.jpg
255KB, 1162x850px
I got my ccw permit when I was a green card holder, bought all my guns when I was a green card holder, just became a legit zitizen couple months ago bless Trump I fucking love America. I could conceal carry before I could even vote
>>
>>34041754

Welcome to to land of funs.
>>
>>34037970
Florida
>>
>>34038072
In MN, Yes. But in Minneapolis, it's cuckville.
>>
>>34041949
Does Mogidisu really restrict firearms that much? I assumed we had universal rules regarding that. I bring guns all the time down there to visit a friend who's trapped behind enemy lines and I carry like...3 extra 7 round magazines when I visit, now I feel I am violating some law and am going to get assraped in court for it.
>>
>>34041965
It's nothing THAT drastic, but good fucking luck carrying when almost every business says they don't want guns in their shop, the general attitude towards guns and gun owners is negative, and gangs of niggers roam the streets. I'm the only person on my block who owns guns, and when I said I did on Nextdoor
(Neighborhood forum), in response to a lot of home and car break-ins, I had literally 60 people say that shooting a violent invader was morally wrong and that I should hide in my basement and call the cops. Fucking liberals can't make up their mind between
>the cops are racist and violent
And
>only the police should be able to use force!
>>
>>34042007
You know it's only a $30 ticket if they find you're carrying AND call the cops AND you are still there after being asked to leave right?

It's like a speeding ticket, and this all assumes you're "caught" carrying.
>>
>>34041754

Trump didn't do that, the founding fathers did. Don't give credit to those who never earned it.
>>
>>34042018
>"the hobnailed boots aren't THAT spikey, anon!"

The point I'm trying to make is that gun owners are pariahs here, and CARRYING owners are second class citizens.
>>
This thread is full of wrong.

Former non-immigrant here (visa).

As a non immigrant you can buy any firearm from an FFL provided you meet the age and any state criteria.

The only thing you need is a valid hunting permit. See the ATF transfer form, it explains it.

Been there,done that.

Some states will even let non immigrants get a CCW but that's rare as most require you by statue to be a LPR or US Citizen.
>>
>>34042041
Of course if you are a LPR then you can do anything a US Citizen can with regard to firearms. (Yes even NFA)
>>
File: MNGOP voters.png (500KB, 1045x787px) Image search: [Google]
MNGOP voters.png
500KB, 1045x787px
>>34042038
I get that people will mistreat you if you own a gun and that sucks, like a lot, but if they know you are carrying a gun you are probably carrying wrong.

All you can do is tell them to fuck off and be a responsible gun shooting person. My friend still lives at home in the Northside and his mom is against private firearm ownership despite a drive-by happening like a year ago, somebody was trying to break into their garage when I was there and the cops took almost 40 minutes to come and she's still against guns.

Thankfully, her son and his brother are VERY VERY pro gun because they see that retardation. In MN we have a dying liberal generation that has gone fully to the extreme left who's offspring have seen the failings of their parents. I've met many people younger than me who are borderline "race war now" types, and not just privately thinking it but openly supporting it. It's very strange. Minnesota will be very different in even just a decade. A lot of people are furious at our congress not passing stand your ground and the anti-gun lobby here had nothing to do with it as they are completely impotent. It was all our fudd Republicans.
>>
>>34042087

I've heard that the current generation of teens is more conservative than the previous one.
>>
>>34042110
The current generation is leaning towards both political extremes. All that's changed is that they have an infinitely larger platform to express their views on.
>>
>>34042137
>>34042110
I mean, it's not really related to either but here's something neat.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/08/26/public-views-about-guns/#total
>>
File: 1493710417612.jpg (63KB, 479x377px) Image search: [Google]
1493710417612.jpg
63KB, 479x377px
>>34038012
>>34037970
Don't lump Illinois into these cuck states. There are like 4 cities in Illinois, all centered around Chicago, that currently have California/New York style Assault weapons bans and magazine restrictions. The rest of the state abides by home rule, or just very lax gun laws in general.

The two caveats being that suppressors are completely banned in Illinois. The hearing protection act should change that though. And we need a separate curios and relics license to manufacture SBR/S and get form 1s. And unfortunately, any form of open carry is illegal, which doesn't seem likely to be challenged anytime soon.

I'd like to point out that Illinois has possibly one of the best self defense laws in the entire country, it's written into our constitution that you can use your firearm to defend/prevent against any "forcible felony", at any time.

This actually is better than traditional stand your ground/castle doctrine because Illinois tate law applies for every "forcible felony" at all time.

So in conclusion, if the hearing protection act gets passed, Illinois will actually become one of the coolest and most interesting gun owner states.

No other state in America contains such a large city (3rd largest in the nation) with a large state (5th largest) that enjoys relative gun freedom. So for instance, if you were to move to DuPage County, the county adjacent to Chicago, you'd be living in one of the most affluent suburbs in all of America and relatively relaxed gun laws, yet within 30 minutes driving distance of a huge metropolitan area.

No other state is like this, save for Texas to a degree.
>>
>>34038022
Is that what that roll pin is under the extractor is? I can't tell any other difference from a normal one but that empty space in pic related.
>>
>>34037862
What's the thing taped to the grip? Looks like a switch for the torch or something?
>>
>>34041754
how did you get a green card? work? if so what kind?
>>
>>34037970
Arizona is the best

Several other states are pretty close 2nd place runner ups:
Alaska, New Hampshire, Vermont (this might be trending away though idk), Kentucky

Honestly more important than what your state does or does not allow is Castle Doctrine and Shall Issue. If you have a State with good Castle Doctrine and Shall issue it probably has other good gun laws, but if they're slightly worse than another sate with say sub-par castle doctrine the aforementioned is still superior
>>
>>34041754
Welcome brother
>>
Former perm resident now a citizen. As usual lot of misinfo so let's dispel some of it.
As a perm resident you can buy everything that a citizen can( not sure about NFA as I never looked into it). As a perm resident you will always get delayed by NICS. Once I acquired American citizenship I was approved within seconds every time.
Also, visitors on a valid visa(non perm residents) can get a waiver to purchase hunting rifles
>>
>>34041754
God yea I was carrying before I was eligible to vote as well. God damn I love this country so fucking much
>>
>>34037970
Any of them. Even the most strict states are still incredibly relaxed in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>34042436
You mean the D ring that connects to the bungee cord?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.