[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just installed the NY1 trigger spring with the 3.5 lb connector

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0293.jpg (1004KB, 2973x2216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.jpg
1004KB, 2973x2216px
Just installed the NY1 trigger spring with the 3.5 lb connector in my Glock 19

holy shit it makes a world of difference. Just came back from the range. After a bout 5 rounds of absolute garbage because I wasn't used to it I started shooting tighter groupings than I ever have. Now keep in mind I was flinching like a bitch because I haven't shot a gun in about a month and a half because of work, but I have never been able to get 5 or 6 rounds in a 1 inch circle like that until today. The trigger just feels a hundred times better. I used to find "slow fire" excruciating and ineffective. With the new trigger I can execute a slow trigger press while keeping the sights steady because the trigger feels smooth and consistent.

Why the fuck doesn't glock just make their triggers like this in the first place?
>>
>>34035337
...continue.
>>
>>34035337
>After a bout 5 rounds of absolute garbage because I wasn't used to it

But you're supposed to dryfire beforehand. Seriously, dryfire is all you need.
>>
>>34035421
I did
>>
File: wut.jpg (65KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
65KB, 960x960px
>>34035337
wayyy too light & short of a trigger for a carry set up

although I'm glad you are happy with your downrange results op
>>
>>34035938
>wayy too light

I thought the Ny1 and 3.5# kind of cancelled each other out weight wise?
>>
>>34035957
oh I misunderstood, carry on m8, sorry
>>
>>34035337
Does lightening your trigger affect your weapons reliability in any way? ie:light primer strikes or something?
>>
>>34035994
what the fuck did you even just ask what, what?
>>
>>34036011
He is inquiring on if your modifications to your gun compromise the reliability of your gun such as ignition failure.

You would comprehend this if you did not have the IQ of buckwheat
>>
>>34036025
Yeah no I got that but is asking if the trigger pack of a closed system pistol is changed by the trigger being slightly modified or different?
The fact that you're not laughing with me just shows how noguns you retards are.

>Does lightening your trigger affect your weapons reliability in any way? ie:light primer strikes or something?
No. A lighter trigger sear still strikes with the same force as a normal trigger, 'lighter' in this sense means less weight is needed to actuate the trigger pack.
>>34036025
There, are you happy that someone spoon fed some retard with such a basic bit of information that a child with a basic grasp of gravity would understand?

God I fucking hate day/k/are.
>>
>>34035994
NY1/- is a Glock-approved setup that Certified Glock Armorers are allowed to recommend.
Several LEAs use it in their issue guns with no problems.

>>34035337
Wlecome to the NY1 Master Race, pal.
>>
File: IMG_1427.jpg (115KB, 450x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.jpg
115KB, 450x413px
>>34036061
>all this hatred

>all this negativity

Why? Let's make /k/ a friendly board where people can ask questions without being ridiculed.
>>
>>34036086
No. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>34036086
It wasnt a /k/ question. it was a mechanical question. Some people are retarded and cant understand basic things. They should be talked down to. Not everyone is created equal you moron.
>>
File: IMG_1361.gif (1021KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1361.gif
1021KB, 500x280px
>>34036107
>A mechanical question

>involving the mechanics of a firearms

Sounds pretty /k/ to me, his head was in the right place, decreasing trigger pull weight in some guns by changing out parts can SOMETIMES result in light primer strikes - he just didn't understand what a connector actually does.

Please say your sorry to
>>34035994
>>
>>34036095
Well then you can kindly fuck off
>>
>>34036240
>decreasing trigger pull weight in some guns by changing out parts can SOMETIMES result in light primer strikes
Want to tell me what a different trigger pack has to do with firing pin springs?
Want to know how I know you're noguns?
>>
File: IMG_1254.png (652KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1254.png
652KB, 750x1334px
Is this GSSF legal?
>>
>>34036274
>some guns

Maybe he thought it was like changing out a mainspring on a hammer fired gun.
Also plenty of people own firearms without understanding the function of the internals - i understand how a glock/ striker fired pistolworks, I'm just defending someone who didn't
>>
>>34036303
Does changing the gas pedal on a car give it more rpm? Higher mileage?
>>
>>34035938
Actually the weight of the trigger is a little more and the NY spring makes it a longer trigger because it completely removes the pre-travel, making it more consistent
>>
>>34036354
Well youre changing out springs not just literally the piece of plastic you put pressure on you literal autist poster.
>>
>>34036775
And that somehow makes the gun not cycle and fire the same round and follow the same action? Are you a fucking retard?
The guy asked if putting an after market trigger in made id less reliable. Please do not try to defend that stupidity lmao
>>
ITT: Glockfags being assholes and touting "superior intelligence" because some aren't familiar with striker pistols.

Please kys tactitard glockfags.
>>
>>34035337
Because it's snake oil and it doesn't do a fucking thing.
>>
>>34036800
lmao did you even read the thread?
Someone asked a retarded question that was off topic and got a retarded answer and now shit posting. Get a fucking life retard lmao
>24 posts from 9 posters
LMAO
>>
>>34036814
>glock owners in a nutshell

PS I read the thread and that was my first post. Maybe if you learned to properly explain and teach instead of ridicule people wouldn't hate glock owners like you.

Also
>asks if aftermarket parts make gun less reliable
That is a legitimate question, for every NY1 trigger there are 30 gimmicky aftermarket jobbies that horribly ruin the function of a firearm.

I reiterate: kys
>>
>>34036974
Not even a glock owner, just have basic understanding of machinery lol jesus christ you're a fucking moron arent you this is hilarious

>'this is my first post'
>'i reiterate, kys'
jesus man put the bong down you can't even keep your own story straight.

Enjoy your lack of basic technological information.
>>
>>34037143
>lack of reading comprehension

I said that it was my first post, not the post following your stupidity. Maybe you need to pay attention in class tweedle dum.

>assumes everyone must know it because he knows it

Well fancy that! Like I said typical superiority complex, yet is so stupid he can't read more than three words without sperging out.

>"but you said it was your first post"
>"I'm not stupid or arrogant for my lack of reading comprehension"
>"HURR DURRR you're just stupid because you don't know every little detail of this weapon"

Once again I reiterate: kys.
>>
>>34037424
Well no I called you out on reiterating because you never said kys in that post until the very end.
And it's not difficult to follow along with einstein.
If you think that a different part made to the same specs will cause reliability issues then I guess you're in the right place, held up in a thread on /k/ looking like a retard and grabbing at anything to try and save face. Retard.
>>
>>34037473
>different part
>made to same specs

Wow, you are retarded. If the parts were of identical specs there would be no reason to replace them. There are variences in the spring tension, coil/twist rate, coil diameter etc.

That means if you put the new part in it will change how it functions, now doesn't if function better or worse? Jesus you can't claim to have "technological superiority" then say something so retarded.

>you said kys at the end so it justifies my lack of reading skills

Yep there we go boy. Eyes forward, listen to the teacher. Typical mouth breathing autist who can't even finish reading a post before sperging out trying to strawman said post.

Please for the love of God, take what ever is closest to you, and kys.

Let me reiterate, kys and do it now Lanza.
>>
>>34037559
jesus christ you're completely disconnected from the conversation arent you.
Nice work anon you've made yourself look like a retard three posts in a row!
>>
>>34036974
>>34037143
>>34037424
>>34037473
>>34037559
Wait I dont get it.
You said it was your first post but then said
>I reiterate: kys
If you're reiterating it, then it's not your first post and you didn't mention it anywhere in that original post so...

I'm not a glock fanboy but can at least follow what the other anon is saying besides your sperging posts.
>>
>>34037612
Good god you have zero reading comprehension.

>please kys tactitard glockfags
>that was my first post...I reiterate: kys

What are you in middle school or something? This isn't advanced nuclear physics and theory, it's basic conversation flow.

How can someone not only argue that they have technological superiority and knowledge of their argument all stems from:

>hey so does that part impede function
>HURR DURRR gas pedal change RPM!

If the parts were identical it begs the question, why replace it. Reason is the parts aren't identical. Any variable can completely change function. Try putting a weak or soft steel spring in an AR buffer tube, might be the same diameter coil and length but have fun with a short stroking rifle.

If you can't grasp this kind of logic or conversation structure, please kys. God knows if you ever manage to get out of mommies basement your employer would face palm at such stupidity.

I actually spent 4 years calibrating CNC machines and understand how the tiniest variable can go from having your steel cutout looking as intended, or it being kicked across the workstation nearly cutting a man in half.
>>
>>34036785
>>34036814
The spring conversion lazy people tell newbs to do to 92 series berettas for a lighter d/a pull make them light primer strike nato spec 9mm. Striker fired is different so its a non issue.
>>
>>34035938

>Too light and short for carry

Not for me, nigger
>>
>>34036107
I bet you're really fun at parties, man.
>>
>>34037473
Alright motherfucker i showed up here just because you're a rude little autistic ass wipe who's probably more no guns than these other motherfuckers.

Swapping out springs to effect a lighter trigger pull can result in reliability issues with many handgun designs such as when reducing the the weight of the mainspring on a hammer fired design. Just because somebody isn't intimately familiar with the workings of a striker fired firearm(in many ways similar to SAO) doesn't make them retarded. Fucking with any number of parts or replacing them with aftermarket variants can cause issues(recoil springs, main springs, extractors, mags, mag springs, guide rods, etc)

I hope your terminal autism leaves you so crushingly alone in life that you slit your wrists.
>>
>>34036279
It only uses Glock-brand Glock parts, so I can't see any reason it wouldn't be.
>>
I have used this setup for about a year in my 17.

I believe the reset is vastly improved.

One thing I have noticed is that I cannot manually reset the trigger. With a broken or missing standard spring, you can pull the trigger forward. With NY1, this doesn't seem to be the case. However, the housing and compression rather than pulling orientation of the spring I suppose this would literally never be an issue. Have yet to try and induce a malfunction to test this during live fire.

Also just be aware, due to the spring orientation, when you disassemble the gun, you may find the slide doesn't want to come off. This is because of the slightly different resting position of the sear with NY springs.

Just keep the trigger pressed and it will fall out of the way and the slide will come off.

This or V1 LEM is best carry trigger.
>>
>>34038725
1. I do not know of any instances of a NY trigger spring breaking, so not being able to manually reset the trigger is moot.
2. What I find helps with disassembly w/ the NY spring is to lower the takedown lever first, then pull the trigger and remove the slide, that way the trigger is already rearward and you don't have to move your hand again.
>>
>>34038804
I already said both of those things.
>>
>>34038810
Good.
>>
File: 5736568377_b0214f7337_z.jpg (55KB, 640x218px) Image search: [Google]
5736568377_b0214f7337_z.jpg
55KB, 640x218px
>>34038725
>V1 LEM
V1 with a heavy trigger rebound spring for a more authoritative reset is best LEM.
>>
>>34035337
>Why the fuck doesn't glock just make their triggers like this in the first place?
You'll also think this after you do the 25ยข trigger job.
>>
>>34035938
>wayyy too light & short of a trigger for a carry set up

>Having finger on trigger while pulling.

Train harder.
>>
>>34037143

youre a douche
>>
File: 20161228_225446.jpg (1MB, 1776x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_225446.jpg
1MB, 1776x2268px
>>34035337
If you start doing defensive shooting drills, the trigger smoothness doesn't really matter too much. Slow fire does not resemble defensive shooting at all, the same reason competitive shooters shoot with different mechanics for speed than they do for long range accuracy.
>>
Congrats. You're still a shit shooter. A new trigger isn't going to help you. You need to learn WHAT to practice. You should be able to shoot consistently with any handgun.

All your new springs are doing is firing the gun before you can fuck up whatever you're doing
>>
NYT and minus connector sucked... I was super disappointed in the extra mush feel. I just tapped my trigger housing for an overtravel set screw like the lone wolf ones and left the standard disconnector.
>>
>>34045543
NY1 by itself is the real pro setup.
Only 1.5 lbs heavier than stock, retains the relatively crisp break and reset of the normal connector, and you get the even, steady, non-stacking DA revolver-like pull that people crave.
>>
Has anyone ever tried a + connector?
What happens if you use it with a NY trigger spring?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.