[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S&W Model 59 What are /k/'s thoughts on it? Still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: sw59-025194_4.jpg (40KB, 740x514px) Image search: [Google]
sw59-025194_4.jpg
40KB, 740x514px
S&W Model 59

What are /k/'s thoughts on it? Still a good gun? I have the chance to buy one for $300, is that a good price. I think it would mostly be a range or house gun.
>>
I asked once about S&W hammer autoloaders, apparently they're alright. Usual caveats, test it if possible.
>>
the 59 has a kind of narrow feed ramp, apparently does not like anything but ball. Other than that they are very solid, accurate guns. I have the upgraded 459 (among other S&W autos of all 3 generations), they're pretty nice. If you get it, look into Mec Gar 5900 series magazines; you can get 10, 15, 17, and 20 rounders for less than $30, from the same people that make Beretta and SIG's magazines

$300 is really good, but you need to inspect it because that low is kind of suspicious
>>
For $300? That's not bad. Keep in mind that the early S&W autoloaders were some of the first domestic production 9mm pistols and that you will be disappointed if you expect them to perform to the same standard as a 92FS or G17. They're not bad guns, but they're not great ones either.
>>
>>34033584
yeah sure if you're that big into slide safeties
weirdo
>>
File: smith and wesson 59.jpg (208KB, 1516x1200px) Image search: [Google]
smith and wesson 59.jpg
208KB, 1516x1200px
>>34033584
I want one purely for how sexy they look, not to mention ive heard great things about old smith autos. Heavy and built like tanks but reliable
I think these look better then the 5900 series
>>
File: S&W 469.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
S&W 469.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>34033584
The trigger is going to be awful.

But it's a good gun. Old, but good.

t. S&W 469 owner.

Also paid $300 for mine, albeit because the other side of pic related has a pretty gnarly scratch in the frame/slide.
>>
File: hushpuppy_in_seal_museum.jpg (497KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
hushpuppy_in_seal_museum.jpg
497KB, 2048x1536px
I want a 59 solely for turning it into a hush puppy
>>
>>34034168
>when the slide lock is actually used to LOCK the slide in place...
>>
>>34033584
Smith & Wesson are generally pretty good at automatics, and in my opinion, way better at automatics then they are at revolvers.

The Model 59 is pretty solid, and I think you can even find 17rd flush fitting mags for them these days.
>>
>>34033809
t. extremely greasy skin
>>
>>34033584
>$300, is that a good price.

i wouldn't think so

that gun was made, what, 30 years ago ?

was it some range rental with 100,000 rounds thru it ?

seriouslly you can get a new ruger 9e for $340
>>
>>34034603
Maybe he doesn't want a plastic gun with a Glock meme trigger?
>>
>>34033961
If you want one, try to get a (4/5/6)59, they are more reliable than the regular 59 without much change in looks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.