[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Police should go back to using revolvers. That will help prevent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: old cops.jpg (15KB, 350x281px) Image search: [Google]
old cops.jpg
15KB, 350x281px
Police should go back to using revolvers. That will help prevent bystanders from being accidentally shot.
>>
>>34032891
It wasn't the guns it was the marksmanship standards, they are very lax compared to what they used to be.
>>
>>34032898
I agree. Unfortunately, having an inordinately large number of rounds encourages police to shoot more. We want them to shoot less and use what few shots they have more judiciously.
>>
File: IMG_1757.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1757.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
And a SBR's

Stop....Boom, Stop.... Boom. Fuckyou Ratttatatatatattttt
>>
Would love it if ban states forced their cops to carry less rounds because of the muh training excuse they always use for why only cops should have high capacity magazines. If their training is so rigorous they should need less rounds than I do. I'm limited to ten? They should only need five, SWAT should be able to get by with three.
>>
>>34032915
until a terrorist shows up and fucks your sister!
>>
If they wear long sleeves or a blue uniform in general they aren't real cops. Also must have a strong hatred for the duke boys.
>>
>>34032915
Nice if somewhat mild bait.
>>
>>34032939
Not bait, I'm serious. Would get the police unions out of the libs pockets. Like in NY where the police refused to endorse the SAFE act at first because the state government forgot to write in a police exemption.
>>
>>34032906
Unfortunately once standards lower they can't go back up otherwise you'd suddenly have a ton of employees completely unfit for the job by the current standards, and you can't just fire well over half the force all at once.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (25KB, 446x250px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
25KB, 446x250px
>>34032949
>you can't just fire well over half the force all at once.
>>
>>34032891
t. noguns

Revolvers are generally fired in DA and generally have heavy triggers because that's usually the only safety they have. If your concern is capacity then it'd make more sense to go back to single-stack semi-autos.
>>
>What is the Newhall Shooting: The Thread
retardation
>>
>>34032891

Why not just train your cops better? Most conscripts go through longer training to ultimatelly do nothing, than your cops do to protect and serve on daily basis.
>>
>muh magazine capacity
>muh how am I supposed to keep people safe if I have to carry less than 96 rounds
>muh cops should be more armed
>muh police lives matter

Honestly tho, I have believed this for years. I understand that guns have evolved and so has crime, but its not a police officers job to protect you, its their job to enforce the law.
In my county, the police went out and bought a fucking MRAP to drive around in. The government told them we dont even have enough crime and made them sell it and since then we have had to hear the police bitch and moan about how they cant properly do their job now. This isnt a cop hate post. But seriously, they need to grow the fuck up
>>
File: 1468563329030.png (69KB, 178x246px) Image search: [Google]
1468563329030.png
69KB, 178x246px
>>34033430
>retarded blogpost namefagging op
Sweet
>>
>>34032968
Ive read about a small town that had their police force arrested and fired for basically turning into a corrupt gang and the town just never rehired them. They just realized that all that they needed was a county sheriff.

Honestly, except for revenue generation to pay themselves..what do most police do. I don't mind detectives but patrol cops are parasites man
>>
>>34032891
Police can't shoot bystanders if they don't have guns.
>>
>>34033437
t.anarchist who thinks tickets are a rights violation
>>
File: 1470351828129.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470351828129.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>34033430
>>34033437
>This isn't a police hate post but FUCK ALL COPS COPS ARE PIGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PATROL COPS PARASITES REEEEEEEEE COPS ARE JUST GANGS
You have to go back. Kill yourself
>>
>>34032915
>SWAT should be able to get by with three
exactly they can just shoot the gun out of the suspects hands
>>
>meanwhile in the town where maple snake happened people are against the cops having ar-15s and say they should only have shotguns and handguns
>>
>>34033437
Ever seen someone driving with their face buried in their phone? Those people speed too.

Also, the majority of dispatches for a patrol officer in a suburban area are for resident checks, traffic accidents, and domestic disturbances.
>>
>>3403345
...but they are
>>
>>34033339
This
>>
>>34033570
I see you made a statement of fact without any evidence.

Also, do you think it's ok for a neighbor to call an armed person to go to your house because they think you are being noisy, speed limits are arbitrary
>>
>>34033437
Wasn't this in florida
>>
>>34033579
>Also, do you think it's ok for a neighbor to call an armed person to go to your house because they think you are being noisy
That is a blatant strawman but if you want to actually give it context: Yes, I find it reasonable to call in a noise complaint and I find it equally as reasonable for the said trained officer responding to be armed. This is the weapons bored you redditor dipshit. Unironically kill yourself

>speed limits are arbitrary
I see you've never driven a car before.
>>
>>34033599
Glad that you find others people's fancy is more important than freedom.

If speed limits are arbitrary then why are there speed limit changes between city limits on the same street, explain why a speed trap isn't something that people should be upset by

do you think DUI checkpoints are a good and reasonable thing too?
>>
>>34033599
It isn't a strawman when it's a reply to your own example. Please learn what you are talking about
>>
>>34033579
Google "[insert your city here] top 10 reasons for 911 calls". Every local news show has done one of these. That's where mine comes from.

As for your second paragraph, welcome to living in society, warts and all. If you want your speed limit raised, your neighbors likely agree, and you can address it at the city council.

Also, I can't tell if you've just lived near assholes or you're one of those PITA neighbors. I hope it's the former, and you end up in a nice neighborhood some day.
>>
>>34032949
>train new recruits better
>slowly re-train current LEOs to better standards
>as they retire the standards will increase

where's the problem
>>
>>34032891
The way I see it the police should have no more
and no less gun rights than the citizens of where ever they are.
>>
>>34033631
>Thinks it's ok to call cops on neighbors
>agrees that warts should be kept
Welcome to your gilded cage
>>
>>34033616
>Glad that you find others people's fancy is more important than freedom.
This is your brain on ancap
>If speed limits are arbitrary then why are there speed limit changes between city limits on the same street
Never seen it before.
>explain why a speed trap isn't something that people should be upset
Speed traps aren't a problem you retard. Get a license before trying to debate about traffic bullshit.
>I broke the speed limit, speeding, and got my license revoked! I only sped because I couldn't see a cop! Laws don't exist if no one sees, y'know!
Do you see how retarded you sound.
>>
>>34033616
>Glad that you find others people's fancy is more important than freedom.

For all the context provided, maybe he had a job interview in the morning and you were blaring Papa Roach at full volume at 2 a.m.

So whose freedom do I curtail, the guy keeping the neighborhood awake or the guy trying to go to sleep?
>>
>>34033650
Now That's an example of a strawman
>>
>>34033637
It's a modifiable cage though. To my knowledge, there will always be arbitrary limits to freedom past a certain population density.
>>
File: 1492071752651.png (517KB, 895x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1492071752651.png
517KB, 895x1089px
>>34033658
What an amazing, earth-shattering argument my friend! You've sure shown me! All the points exactly refuting your underage redditor bullshit is wrong, because you've managed to type out a single line and somehow be too lazy to even search up what a strawman is! Wow! In fact, in calling my post a strawman has also drawn attention away from the fact that your non-argument is a strawman itself! Fascinating.

Do you hear that, guys? Quoting the post I'm replying to and directly answering his points is setting up a strawman now.

Fucking hell, I knew ancaps were retarded but I didn't think it was physically possible for this sheer level of autism to exist.
>>
>>34033683
>Speed traps aren't a problem you retard. Get a license before trying to debate about traffic bullshit.
>>I broke the speed limit, speeding, and got my license revoked! I only sped because I couldn't see a cop! Laws don't exist if no one sees, y'know!
>Do you see how retarded you sound.
>>
>>34033693
Alright, my man. Let's reverse the question on you if you think I'm wrong: What do you find wrong with speed traps? You haven't explained. My argument is that speed traps aren't a problem because the only time it would become a "problem" is when you're speeding (yes, breaking the law) & you dislike that fact that you could be ambushed, per se, and pulled over.
>>
>>34033715
Inhibiting the constitutional freedom of travel
>>
File: 1495456855167.jpg (617KB, 3000x1997px) Image search: [Google]
1495456855167.jpg
617KB, 3000x1997px
Sorry citizen, this is for your safety.

Now pick up that can
>>
>>34033723
Alright, you got me, fair game. I've fallen for the bait.

>>34033735
You know what's funny about that image? It was taken in southern commiefornia. Good try you goddamn yid.
>>
>>34033743
What does california have to do with anything?
>>
>>34033430
Hey pal police never know what kind of istuation they're walking into or how many people it could be, they pretty much need as many rounds as they can get since they have to wait for backup or pursue a threat. Like I got 5 rounds in my revolver because the only time I'm likely to use it is very defensively at close range it's not likely a group of guys would come at me.
an mrap what if they have to drive into a situation with someone that is going to start shooting? what if they want to knock down a wall? those really are not unreasonable for a police station to have.
>>
>>34032891
Higher standards of marksmanship and practical pistol courses, combined with handguns suited for duty use (like not having a 12lb trigger), will be what prevents bystander injuries. Qualifying twice a year at an indoor range shooting from isosceles isn't training, it's a veneer of competency designed to maximize people passing, not produce competent shots. Not saying all cops can't shoot, but the current scheme isn't a good barometer.
>>
>>34033779
> bystander injuries

Obviously I don't want to be shot accidentally, but is this a large problem? News coverage, for what that's worth, seems to indicate a more pressing issue with too rapid escalation of force.
>>
>>34033902
Depends on the precinct. Bumfuck nowhere, no. NYC, he'll yes.
>>
>>34033902
NYPD have a massive problem with it due to a combination of escalation, poor marksmanship, and department-mandated 12lb triggers. They have ISIS-tier marksmanship.
>>
>>34033923
I wonder if it has anything to do with completely untrained niggers who've never held a gun in their life, let alone gone to a range, are being given stunted crippled guns in a dense urban area full of violent crime.
>>
police should always work in pairs.

>first guy has a riot shield and long baton
>second guy has a shotgun with beanbags

they both have pistols on them as a back up. they will also have access to sasumatas, M4s, bolas, and tear gas
>>
>>34034054
> Call in for traffic accident on 5th & Walker
> Better send out Sir Percival and Doom Guy out to start taking down witness accounts
>>
>>34034125
>unarmed mentally ill man in the street
>better send in one guy with just a glock 17 and no training other than to shoot people.
>>
>>34034209
Percival and Doom Guy don't have any better training than Officer Bob and his pepper spray and taser. The situation you are describing requires way more psychiatric training for both parties, not riot shields or better marksmanship.
>>
>>34033633
The youngfags learn from the oldfags, you can't really change anything without a full on purge.
>>
>>34034054
>>34034645
Both solutions require more gear or training, which no one is going to spend money on. Everyone wants SWAT with a PhD responding to every call, but no one wants to pay for it.
>>
Makes more since for people in general to stop doing activities that greatly increase their chance to get shot.

Drug dealer gets shot by gangster, no one in neighborhood complains or even cooperates with police. Drug dealer gets shot by cop, all hell breaks loose and everyone was a witness. Let these areas rot and burn and just keep the vermin in their warrens.

I'm not saying that the police don't need more training because they do. Anyone with a gun that plans on using it needs training. The police are going to run into many more situations that could require them to use their gun so logically should train significantly more.

They should also train in hand to hand combat and be on a weight lifting program.

In a logical world, there would be no female cops, they have no ability to defuse a situation physically without jumping to deadly force.
>>
>>34034767
>no ability to defuse a situation physically

Me and every single defense attorney in your city would prefer officers turning to pepper spray or tazers before laying hands on someone, just based on lawsuits and medical bills alone.
>>
>>34032891
They also used tommy guns, you putz.
>>
>>34032891

I motion that we replace all police weapons with suicide bombs large enough to level the block. That way they won't be used irresponsibly. For same reason, suicide bombs should be the only weapons legal for civilians to carry.
>>
File: Shattered corpus humeri.jpg (15KB, 340x442px) Image search: [Google]
Shattered corpus humeri.jpg
15KB, 340x442px
>>34032891
I was at testing for a big city department. I saw an old school looking Sgt that still carried a revolver. In such a violent, high crime/shooting city I was shocked that they still allowed it but apparently some of the old timers were grandfathered in. Not sure I would feel comfortable carrying one, maybe a backup piece.
>>
>>34034750
How about we just do away with the SWAT team?
>>
>>34032891
Cops have the same right to the 2nd amendment... and the last I checked it's mostly dindus shooting everything and everyone...
>>
>>34038875
Only way that is happening is if we drop the drug war and pre-cognition spree shooters.
>>
>>34032912
is..is that mustard on lo mein?
>chinking intensifies
>>
>>34038875
>>34038904
no.

we just need to limit the use of swat to appropriate situations.

they basically use SWAT for everything these days.

i've seen SWAT follow a inspector looking at a barber shop before.
>>
Americans already continued to use revolvers for police long after every other civilized country switched to automatics

And now you want them to go BACK??
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.