[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could the Roman Empire at it's height survive a xenomorph

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: xenomorph.jpg (41KB, 736x420px) Image search: [Google]
xenomorph.jpg
41KB, 736x420px
Could the Roman Empire at it's height survive a xenomorph infestations? They'd appear first as colonies of dozens in the sewers of major cities.
>>
>>34032200
>>>/hm/
>>
>>34032200
The majority of weapons then were melee weapons, so if you kill a Xenomorph you'e going to be showered with acid and your weapon will melt in the process. I don't know if arrows would be strong enough to penetrate a Xenomorph's skin, but a ballista might do it.
>>
>>34032241
No fucking way you'd actually hit one of those fuckers with a ballista. It'd probably end up being large forces of slaves used to fight them. Could promise freedom in exchange for a successful kill.
>>
Like nigga. Deploy the elephants and flaming Pigs.
>>
I'm not as hip as you cool kids. What's a Xenomorph? Pic looks like the thing from Alien. So Alien?
>>
>>34032200
it would be an amazing movie. Though if a xenomorph was forced out into broad daylight on a massive open plain it would probably be at a massive disadvantage. Massed pilums, and spears would certainly wreck shit when we are talking waves of a hundred or more. On the xenomorphs excel at a close in combat, and 3D terrain navigation. An ancient city/ sewer system would be a charnal house for anyone going into it, and would quickly become a lost cause with how fast the xenomorphs breed.
>>
>>34032274
Yes
>>
>>34032200
I've seen this thread before
>>34032274
Yes
>>
>>34032200
By the time the authorities realised what was going on the xenomorphs would have won.
>>
>>34032284
Queen headcase, but more mobile. Not sure what type it is. Considering it lays eggs to facefuck others to intern in stomachs to then hatch into the host's semi-DNA (conveluted as fuck), maybe it bred with a land hippo.
>>
>>34032284
This.
Some great surface battles, maybe even some brave charges into the sewers and baths with basic flammables, but there is just no way they could dig the queens out with that level of tech.
>>
>>34032284
So don't fight on their terms. Don't even enter the sewers, just flood them out or douse with greek fire and cook
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRD8jAk274I

Not xenomorph, but this is a pretty good indie short film... at least for a fan work. I'd love to see a Xenomorph t.v. series in the same vein. Imagine it, each hour long episode could take place at a different time in history and in a different part of the world.

>Legionaires trying desperately to route a xeno queen from under a city
>Colmubus era sailors trapped on their wooden ship with a few facehuggers
>Inuit tribe using bone weapons to try and figure out what exactly is killing all their caribou

I'd watch the shit out of it.
>>
>>34032406
So reddit it hurts.
>>
>>34032200
In a field battle? With preparation and prior warning? Maybe.

An infestation like at Hadleys Hope, theres no chance. Each town wasn't well armed enough to prevent the infestation taking and infesting the townsfolk. Each town means hundreds of Xenomorphs. Even in the cities you couldn't mobilize fast enough - the queen producing eggs at as fast as she does she'd have created dozens of warriors before their hideout being discovered, and trying to take it would be almost impossible.

Remember that Hadleys Hope converted 158 colonists in less than a month, and they had steel walls, explosives and were fighting to their death. Fighting them would be suicide for a roman soldier, trying to keep them from deserting would be almost impossible.

Hell, I'm not sure even modern day societies could adapt fast enough to survive that.
>>
File: sassanid.jpg (225KB, 800x791px) Image search: [Google]
sassanid.jpg
225KB, 800x791px
>>34032200
Romans? nah
I think the Sassanid empire could slow or even beat them with mounted archery. The Romans stand no chance if there is an urban infestation.
>the Sassanids have thousands of miles of desert to out-maneuver and outflank the enemy
>low population density
>i doubt the xenomorphs are as fast as a horse
>no water in the desert
In short, geography would definitely work against the xenomorph infestation
>>
>>34032200
Depends, these are the movies xenos or the EU xenos?
>>
>>34033352
Xenos are probably as fast as a horse, but they would still totally have a good chance.
>>
File: 1494885274351.png (281KB, 371x532px) Image search: [Google]
1494885274351.png
281KB, 371x532px
Make the movie take place in Pompeii and have the predators show up at the end and nuke the volcano.

It would be a nice ending.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.