[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the love of god I cannot decide. Please help me. Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2081.png (714KB, 798x1872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2081.png
714KB, 798x1872px
For the love of god I cannot decide. Please help me. Because of my situation I can only get black powder cap and ball revolvers and then conversion cylinders to use cartridges.
The 1873 single action army cattleman can get a 12 shot 22lr conversion cylinder. Pro is more shots and easy to get cheap rim fire ammo. Cons is 22lr plinking power and more expensive overall.
The Remington 1858 conversion is a 6shot 45 long colt cylinder. Pro is more power, con is can only use low velocity cowboy cartridges because still a cap and ball pistol.
I'm so torn, I'll be using it for everything so I need the best balance overall.
If you could only choose between one of these single actions would you want 12 shots of 22lr or 6 of 45 long colt. No I cannot buy regular modern handguns, no I am not a felon, no I am not United States just visiting, yes this is a pain and probably not ok for me to do but my family is in danger. Please /k your opinions!
>>
>>34030535
I would go with the .45 colt. It used to be a black powder cartridge and it still killed people plenty
>>
>>34030535
>hi I'm not a felon t. wifebeater

top one is a cartridge firearm dumbass
bottom one becomes a cartridge firearm once you put the conversion cylinder in it.

correct answer for an american citizen or permanent resident is a uberti cimarron 1858 remington factory cartridge conversion because those guns are fucking sex

foreigners looking for a taste of freedom before returning to serfdom should just rent a machinegun or two like all the gooks/euros do.
>>
>>34030616
Fuck you and your useless post. In the circumstance I am talking about both pistols are originally sold as cap and ball black powders, and only become 22lr or 45LC after installing the respective conversion cylinder. You stupid shit I cannot get the factory installed conversion I have to do the cylinder swap on my own. Jesus Christ in fuck it's like you didn't even read what I wrote originally. Go ass touch yourself.
Seriously anyone? 12 of 22lr or 6 of 45 long colt?
>>
>>34030721
.45LC - Have a speed loader w/ 6 more ready,
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (335KB, 1224x1224px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
335KB, 1224x1224px
>>34030535
1860 Richards Conversion
>>
>>34030535
Probably .45lc
>>
>>34030798
Also this if possible. Preferably multiple speedloaders.
>>
>>34030798
>cartridge conversion cylinder
>speed loader
You shouldn't give advice on something you don't have working knowledge of
>>
>>34030862
My point is he's going to need something to reload with relative haste. moon-clips, speed loaders, whatever the fuck.
>>
>>34030721
No need to be a fucking sperg
Assuming you are not legally barred from owning a firearm and it was me and I just wanted to do a conversion for fun I would get the Remington 1858 and the 45 Colt conversion.
Although I prefer the feel of the SAA the 1858 is a strong and tough gun, the 45 Colt is fun as hell, and with 35-38 grains of black powder under a conical 255 grain lead bullet has enough ass to take out any 2 legged critters and a quite a bit of 4 legged ones too.
Besides, every gun enthusiast should shoot or own a 45 Colt at least once.
>>
>>34030862
Maybe have multiple cylinders if feasible, it may allow for a quicker reload idk. Fortunately in burgerland we can use 21st century technology for defense.
>>
Neither. If you can't pass a 4473 then you're either a felon or an alien.

Just buy a spear. Nobody is going to fuck with your family if they see some retard running at them like fucking Shaka Zulu.
>>
File: 17v8kk39bmb8qjpg.jpg (64KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
17v8kk39bmb8qjpg.jpg
64KB, 720x540px
>>34030883
>>
You'll be happier with the Remington 1858 replica. I don't think I'd spend the extra on Uberti, though. Go with Pietta, cheaper and their fit and finish quality has improved over the last decade while Uberti's has slouched.
>>
File: 1495345237656.jpg (106KB, 916x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495345237656.jpg
106KB, 916x1024px
>>34030883
>moon clips
>speed loaders
>1858 Remington
>>
File: 1474081777771.jpg (70KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474081777771.jpg
70KB, 720x720px
>>34030907
This'd be the only real solution, and even then it's gonna be very slow.
>>
Hard choice.
A lot of weak bullets or a few strong bullets.

I guess I would go with the 22lr since the ammo is cheaper and more shots means more kills, assuming you have good aim.
>>
>>34030883
>>
I wish someone would make a Merwin & Hulbert replica ;_;. They're so cool.
>>
>>34032149
Indeed, the lack of a replica of this is tragic.
>>
I hate all the aesthetics of these "cowboy" style revolvers.

Revolvers are my favorite type of gun, I'd just much rather look at a Smith or a Colt than these ugly dolts
>>
OP has not replied in a while. do you think he made his choice??
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.