[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Go to Gander Mountain to check out there closing sales See two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: top.jpg (122KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
122KB, 1400x425px
Go to Gander Mountain to check out there closing sales
See two Mini-14's sitting on their rack
They wanted like $830 but with their closing sale discount its like $807
Stand there for a while, really considering buying it. I could use a nice little semi-auto rifle
I could move some cash around and buy that rifle, Id have to tighten my belt until my job starts in a few weeks but I could do it...
I end up deciding against it, 800+ is still kinda pricey, even when its on sale
Go to Wal-Mart a few days later, see another Mini-14 sitting in their gun section for $770
Felt kind of relieved I didn't splurge on that one at Gander
Is this why they are closing down their stores?
Even when having a closing sale, they are still expensive...

Any other gun buying stories to share?
Tips about Mini-14's? I still want to buy one soon and I think I may be getting that one at Wal-Mart.
>>
Redmond Oregon here. The one at my store is $729 and near black Friday we get 25% off everything so I'll get one then.
>>
>>34030521
>go to gander mountain
>"sales"
>theyre selling the furniture
>walk out the doors with a shitty used smith & wesson and a mannequin
gun was about the right price too.
>>
>>34031105
At Wal-Mart? I didn't realize their guns went on sale as well. I guess I can wait until then and get it.
>>
>>34031141
You knowingly bought a shitty gun?
>>
>>34031146
I should have clarified. I work at the store so I get the discount but everything does get a little Cheaper at some point in the year.
>>
>>34031155
i mean shitty as in well worn and ugly. works well.
>>
>>34030521
Gander was always MSRP + $50 minimum, no real loss other than the fact that their Gun World location was good for a nice fingerfucking.

Guess it'll mainly affect people like my friend who fancies himself too snooty for the trashiness of Wal-Mart to pick up ammo.
>>
I just bought mine for $699, lightly used and looking grand new. Somebody bought it, put maybe two magazines through it, and then it was a safe queen for a couple of years until he sold it. Came with four magazines - two five-rounders and two ten-rounders (I live in a cuck state, unfortunately). Good deal, I think.
>>
>>34031194
>Gander was always MSRP + $50 minimum
This tbqh. The only rifle i ever bought at Gander was a H&R Handi Rifle in .223 and it was actually priced under what H&R lists them as on their website but that was the only good experience ive ever had at a Gander Mtn. I recall the one in Mooresville NC had 350+ Nuggets like 4 years ago when they were still going for 150-170
I honestly will not miss Gander
>>
>>34031194
OP here, My buddies got suckered into buying some lever actions. a 30-30 and a 45-70. They are damn fine rifles and we had some fun shooting them when we got home, but they payed like $650-$800 for them. Really got wowed by the 5% discount tag.

We went to an Herb Philipsons across the road right after and I ended up getting a Chinese Winchester 1887 clone like pic related for $200 brand new. I call it Bob Marley because its always Jammin'. I am gonna take it apart and try to smooth out the rough mechanisms so that it loads and ejects more smoothly. Got a nice cowboy gun out of that long as trip to Gander anyway, even if I didnt buy it from there.
>>
>>34031196
I spit on your ancestors and take a shit on your children. I drink your milkshake and slap your hoe in the ass as he passes by, he likes it.
>>
File: glock fags will defend this.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
glock fags will defend this.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>34030521
>Is this why they are closing down their stores?
you tell me OP, I think they got fat off gun sales during the panic and when that ended they didn't want to pull their snout out of the trough
>>
>>34031541
Well the closest Gander to me is like an hour and a half away. I never went there that much. I heard their prices were high but me and my friends were like "hey closing sales, maybe this is our chance!"
nope.
Meh, I guess I wont be missing them.
>>
>>34030521
I paid $600 for my Mini-14 with several magazines, used. Wouldn't spend more than that on it.

It's a nice, handy little rifle. Don't let the AR fags tell you otherwise.
>>
File: 20170517_182552.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170517_182552.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Mini 14 is the most fun ive ever had with 5.56

Do it OP
>>
File: IMG_5503c.jpg (270KB, 988x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5503c.jpg
270KB, 988x527px
>tfw I got my mini 14 for $400 off my dad
>>
>>34031847
Dad sold you his gun? That's so fucking pathetic. He should have gifted it to you. I feel actually sorry for you
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.