[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was looking at a Colt retro AR in my LGS today. What's with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0898.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0898.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Was looking at a Colt retro AR in my LGS today. What's with the auto sear pocket only having one notch cut out? To stop people from dropping F/A parts in?
>>
Yep! You're exactly right.
>>
File: IMG_0899.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0899.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>34030407
Compare this to the other retro AR there. This pocket is different. Why do they have to be different?
>>
>>34030409
But on F/A M16s, doesn't the pocket need to be milled out anyway? That seems like it would make it easier.
>.-t, someone who only ever saw/shot a full-gun AR in the US on a trip
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (74KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
74KB, 600x448px
>>34030418
Because that's an older style Colt lower. The little pocket was, as you guessed, to prevent a DIAS being plopped in, to ensure you'd need to do machining.

Pic is one like you saw on the left, and a full-auto lower on the right.
>>
>>34030418
because colt is known to be a cuck company
>>
File: IMG_0963.jpg (52KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0963.jpg
52KB, 550x412px
>>34030677
And pic is an old style DIAS in an older-style AR lower. The notch in the lower in your pic would prevent this. Nowadays the ATF rules have been relaxed a bit on that. And any unsavoury type looking to mill out the lower to F/A M16 specs would notice no difference anyway, as my other pic showed.
>>
>>34030703
>won't make FA capable lowers to sell to civilian market
>cucks
I mean, colt may suck, but its nothing everyone else isnt doing already.
>>
>>34030703
This. Colt did the little notch, regardless of whether or not it was necessary. At the time, I also recall they advertised their ARs with 5rd mags instead of 20
>>
File: IMG_1064.jpg (808KB, 2256x3196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1064.jpg
808KB, 2256x3196px
>>34030407
DEUS VULT
>>
>>34030797
I laughed harder than I should have.

On a side note, it's legal to have a lower milled out to proper M16/Full Auto specs MINUS the sear hole, right? Are there jigs or something to do such a job easily?
>>
>>34030961
I don't see why not or who would ever know, know to look or know the difference.
>>
>>34030961
>is it legal
As long as the ATF doesnt catch you. If you have some FA parts they could try and fuck you over by tying you up in court for 'constructive intent'
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.