[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people call scout rifles a "meme"? Show me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: scouttease.png (134KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
scouttease.png
134KB, 600x432px
Why do people call scout rifles a "meme"?

Show me a comparable bolt action with iron sights and magazines that is suitable for defence, hunting and plinking.
>>
>>34023584
>bolt action
there's the problem
>>
Scout rifles for scout rifle use is fucking retarded, but I don't mind if it means iron sights on boltys are making a comeback.
>>
>>34023584
Better question: Why did you not read the fucking catalog before you posted a scout rifle thread when we already have an active one going?

>>34018205
>>
>>34023584
Show me a single instance on a bolt action with a detachable magazine where the scope is better off mounted in front of the entire action instead of right above it.
>>
>>34023584
I have a ruger gunsite scout, .308, and i love it. I can get pretty decent groupings with my leupold 3x at 100 yards, and the rifle is light and handles well with a good action and trigger. Its nice that the optic is on a rail too, so it can be removed at any time by twisting two screws. Ten round mags are fun as shit, and working the bolt through the whole magazine is quite satisfying. The mags seat well and are quality.

To me, this is more of a jack of all trades rifle. Not a dedicated scoped rifle, but an optic can give it a little more range. The scout rifle needs a specific scope because of the eye relief, but its not hard to get used to and is enjoyable. Id take this rifle on a hunting trip or stalker challenge for sure.
>>
>>34023615
How's the built quality?
>>
>>34023615
.308 bolt rifle ... 100 yards
Id fucking hope you could get good groupings that short range
>>
Put on the scope and it's better in literally every way.
>>
>>34023584
Whats the gun in the center?
>>
>>34024816
Savage
>>
>>34023584

>2 meme rifle threads at the same time

>>34018205
>>
You saw the other thread and because you're a lazy shitposting 15 year old enjoying his first days of summer you opted to make ANOTHER thread about the same fucking topic even though the other is still front and center. Kill yourself.
>>
>>34023584
I fucking love my Gunsite Scout. Thing is pinpoint accurate to at least 200 yards with irons. Only gripe is the 10 round mag or the fact that it has a magazine in general. I need to get a 5 or 3 rounder to make it more comfortable to shoot in prone and to take hunting.
>>
>>34023584
Not sure about what "scout" even means. In terms of memes anyway.

I was a pointman in the Infantry for over a year. Our job is to create the path. Our squad leader hands us a GPS so we know where to go, but we decide how. We carried the same rifle everyone else had, an M16 with an acog, which has a 4x zoom. So yeah, in my opinion a scout rifle is a meme.
>>
>>34023584
Pretty much any semi automatic rifle outweighs bolt action in a defense situation so heavily that the other slight, questionable arguments for bolt action are rendered moot

Firearm technology has in fact advanced past 1930
>>
>>34023681
You're so cool anon
>>
File: Burnham_africaweapons.jpg (2MB, 2639x3022px) Image search: [Google]
Burnham_africaweapons.jpg
2MB, 2639x3022px
>>34024926
>Not sure about what "scout" even means. In terms of memes anyway.

Scouts were globetrotting adventurers and frontiersmen.
Basically the 'scout rifle' concept is "what if we made a modern version of the sporterized rifles carried by Frederick Russell Burnham and his ilk"
>>
>>34023584
I just want a bolt rifle to have iron sights and the ability to mount a normal scope. None of that forward mounted shit.
>>
>mfw people still abide by the 'forward-mounted low powered optic' bit
This is by far the most memey aspect of the scout rifle and many people just blindly follow it because muhCooper, blind to the fact that optics have kinda advanced somewhat in the past three decades.
>>
>>34024604
heavier
>>
>>34023595
When you want to use stripper clips
>>
>>34024977
How much does your usual "scout" type bolt action weigh anyway? I mean the AR-10 can easily get down to 8 pounds without any accessories mounted, that's pretty goddamn light.
>>
>>34025470
Most Scouts are around 7 lbs naked, 8 all up.

As for OP's questions, Ian of FW answered this fairly well: it's a specialized weapon for a specific purpose that is superfluous for the vast majority of the populace. If some bro with a Scout rifle went up against some other bro with an equivalent dull as dishwater hunting rifle neither would have a significant advantage or disadvantage over the other. The scout might be better in heavy brush, big deal.

The biggest thing I like about scout rifles is that they actually have irons, but that's honestly outdated in this day and age with scopes as durable and inexpensive as they are. I'd much rather have an AR-10 with a pencil barrel, red dot and BUIS.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.