[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NY Thread? NY Thread. How many of us are still here? I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

NY Thread? NY Thread.

How many of us are still here? I just got approved for my Sullivan County pistol permit. Planning on picking up a 1911A1 from Thruway this Tuesday.
>>
>>34018203
Welcome to a representative democracy
>>
>>34018323
Represented by Nigs, Yids and Cucks (NYC)
>>
I'm always glad to see that Ulster county is opposed to the safe act. We might be full of assholes from the city but there are enough rural people left to tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>34018330
New York city should be it's own sate so that gun owners can rejoice
>>
>>34018345
What part of Ulster you in?
>>
Suffolk county here.

I'm not even going to attempt applying for a pistol permit. I was in a mental hospital for a month as a kid and 4 years ago I was brought in for a psych eval for "threatening suicide", and I'm worried that applying will get them to poke around and somehow I'd be barred from owning longgats as well.

Fuck this unconstitutional garbage. It's completely arbitrary as well, totally dependent on the whim of some unelected bureaucrat. I'm in no way a threat and actually I have a great job and am an upstanding citizen, and yet I have to fear my past regarding my rights as a human being.
>>
>>34018203
Can you please stop sending invasive species of cancerous Puertoboos called New York Ricans? They are horrible and bring alot of damage to the island's health. Thank you
>>
>>34018203
pistol permit? wtf is this heresy?
>>
>>34018372
I got locked up for shoplifting a couple years ago, I got my permit last week.
>>
>>34018387

Mental illness has a way bigger stigma, especially Suffolk.

What county?
>>
>>34018382
The island's health is already shit. It's what happens when you celebrate the black in your island's culture. I know so many New York Ricans. Most have never been to PR. They all act like nigs. But hey, at least you're not Dominican.
>>
>>34018203

I am.

I want a handgun but I am concerned that applying would be a waste of time.

I live in Rockland County, have no criminal record, no mental hospitalizations or anything like that.
>>
>>34018391
Sullivan. While I've never been adjudicated, I have been on antidepressants as a child and as recently as last year (mostly for sleep problems on the recent prescription). I stopped taking them and I'm fine.
>>
>>34018413
It's shit, but there's already enough damage done that I don't need more communist yuppies and progressive cucks from New York that sympathize with the FALN and the Independistas. If only we can purge the projects and government and start over again would things only improve...
>>
>>34018467
Very true. While I'm not Puerto Rican, my fiance is and she moved here to NY 3 years ago. She has nothing but bad things to say about how things are there. I've visited and had a good time but I see the problems with these commie assholes around the UPR and in the Puerto Rican government. I know about the whole Oscar Lopez thing. It's awful what these fucking commie scumbags are doing.
>>
Erie Co reporting in.

FUAC; fuck new amsterdam
>>
>>34018418
How old are you? I think you could do it. I know Rockland is a shit county but maybe you could get a restricted license and later upgrade it to unrestricted.

>>34018350
You and I both know that will never happen
>>
Why can't Trump send in federalized national guard to safeguard our constitutional rights and kick Cuomo's ass?

They did it in the 60s with segregation. What the fuck is the difference?
>>
Livingston here. Albany can lick my balls.
>>
>>34018479
Yeah, what pisses me off the most is how they keep on closing the schools. I'm here trying to sign up for ROTC and the school that hosts the HQ for the orientation remains closed because of their protests. Only two more years left until I'm eligible for a transfer to Florida so my education won't get compromised by their stupidity
>>
>>34018512
>They did it in the 60s with segregation. What the fuck is the difference?

this is why no one takes 2nd amendment supporters seriously
>>
>>34018507

24 years old, college graduate also.

When you say 'restricted license', you mean one which would enable me to keep a handgun at home, at work or in my car, right?

I have to admit I never really looked into it too much, because I heard people say that it's extremely difficult to get one around here.
>>
>>34018551

Cool non-answer, commie.
>>
>>34018563
Same here, just without the college and I've been arrested for petit larceny (disposed of as disorderly conduct and sealed). That's exactly what restricted means. I used to live in Orange County, it's probably very comparable to how it works in Rockland. I think you have a good shot at getting a pistol license. When you do get an interview with your judge, just dress nice and be very respectful. It worked for me.
>>
>>34018589
>>34018563

>have an absolutely spotless record
>still need to beg for a permit
>still chance of being denied
>completely arbitrary

HOW IS THIS LEGAL
>>
>>34018609
It's not legal at all. It's because the circuit and federal courts are loaded with activist judges who are Clinton/Obama appointees. Now that we have Gorsuch, we might have a chance. But I'm not holding my breath. I am hoping Kennedy retires this summer like rumors say.
>>
>>34018623

Are there even any major legal organizations that will actively fight this bullshit if we have a favorable supreme court? NYSRPA doesn't do shit.

I'm the guy that was brought by the cops for a psych eval as an adult and also was sent for a month long eval as a kid by a judge. I just want a clear cut criteria for getting one that I either get through or don't, with a clear appeals process. Right now you basically need a fucking lawyer who will charge you out the ass to fight it in court.

Suffolk county in particular is completely ridiculous. I just don't understand why we differentiate pistols anyway. I have long guns and haven't killed myself or anyone else, so what's the problem? And because the rules are so vague and arbitrary, like I said earlier, I'm worried they'd somehow find some way to bar me from having any kind of guns at all. I feel like if you can pass a NICS you shouldn't have any problems. I just wish there was some way to know without applying.
>>
>>34018203
I have to move from CA to NY later this year. How the hell does shit work over there?
>>
>>34018667
It's probably best for you to move to another state and try to get a pistol license. Just don't go to the Carolinas, because they're becoming NY lite.

>>34018683
Not that different. We can't have bullet buttons, and no magazines over 30 rounds are grandfathered here.
>>
>>34018690
I imagine the fact that I'll be living in the NYC metro area will probably complicate things immensely.
>>
>>34018667
I dunno why they don't let you go ask a shrink to vouch for you.

In this case I do believe it should be the call of a shrink.
>>
>>34018698
Yep. Do you know which county? 5 boroughs and Long Island are fucked. Westchester and Rockland Counties too. Orange, Dutchess, Ulster and Sullivan are likely doable if you're squeaky clean.
>>
>>34018711
Yep, Westchester. Well, shit.
Now what the hell am I going to do?
>>
>>34018721
Make friends with a lawyer. There are some good ones there, but I know they're not cheap. Still a better chance than NYC though.
>>
>>34018623

Wasn't it like that in NY before that shit though?

Pretty sure this state is just full of noguns assholes who vote everything away that scares them.
>>
>>34018736
I'll be working in the northern half of the county though, `round Yorktown Heights. Maybe it'll be possible to work something out in Putnam county at some point.
>>
>>34018203
Just got my license moved from bestchester to Broome so now I've got a much easier ways of going.
>>
>>34018773
I hear Putnam is iffy. Worth a shot though.
>>
>>34018549
bicho
>>
>>34018549
Are you David or Edwin?
>>
Can't build a good AR
>No pistol grip
>No flash hider
>No adjustable stock
>Can have all these things, but your magazine must be pinned

Can't build a good HD gun either.
>No suppressors

Want a pistol to defend your home because your AR is cumbersome and lol shotguns don't work?
>Wait going on 9 months + because you don't live in the capital city, but that's what it says on your drivers license.

Want to have economic success?
>Get fucked by income and property taxes

Fuck this state so much. I can't wait to move to Pennsylvania.
>>
>tfw finally overcoming revulsion to cucked guns
>plan on buying a Vz 58 "liberty" fixed mag when they are in stock

$1200 for a cucked gun, but god I want some slavshit. using stripper clips isn't that bad desu. It's not like the law will ever be overturned. NY needs to be nuked.
>>
>>34018873
benis
>>34018921
I'm neither
>>
>>34018203

So what happens if I own guns and move to NYC? Do they not allow me to take my guns with me?
>>
>>34019310
NYC won't. Long Island might recognize your permit.
>>
>>34018203
Serious question:

My parents moved to NY and have 80 acres that backs up to a state forest so obviously I bring my funs to go shooting while up there but im restricted to my less fun funs. However I'm looking into trying to get my CCW as an out of state resident. As a contractor with significant professional experience do I have any hope getting my CCW as an out of state resident?
>>
>>34019412
fuck me right, guess ill just illegally cc
>>
>>34018358
Rondout Valley area. Living near Mohonk is pretty nice but we have a ton of people from the city moving here.
>>
>>34018419
Did you disclose that you were on anti depressants
>>
Jew-descended NYC resident here. I want nothing more than to own a Luger.
Life is suffering.
>>
File: New_York_Population_Map.png (181KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
New_York_Population_Map.png
181KB, 600x600px
>>34018203
You should start a political party demanding equal representation for conifers and dirt
>>
Chenango is loaded with ccw and bubbas with woodchuck guns in theys dis-ell trucks
>>
>>34018358
>>34018345
wew, I never knew there were other people from Ulster here.
>We might be full of assholes from the city but there are enough rural people left to tell them to fuck off.
it helps that our sheriff is fuggin based compared to some of the others in this shitty state
>>
>>34018512
>They did it in the 60s with segregation. What the fuck is the difference?
To quote John Glanton:
"You have to admire the Left for its clarity of vision. It has identified its enemies, and it does what it can to drive them from the field. The recent fireworks in Indiana are a perfect illustration. Team blue knows that Christians are hateful homophobes, and so it goes to bat for the right of homosexuals to sue them over wedding cakes. The Right, with its characteristic acumen, mistakes this bushwhack for a principled stand. “Ah!” they say, “But if you support the right of a gay man to force a Christian to make a cake then you must support the right of the KKK to force a black baker to make a cake!” The average liberal couldn’t imagine a more irrelevant rejoinder. They aren’t making any such proposition at all. In their calculus, Christians (of the Not-fans-of-Pope-Francis type at least) are the bad guys and thus their interests are hateful and invalid and must be opposed. The KKK are bad guys and thus their actions are hateful and invalid and must be opposed. You attack bad guys. You don’t attack good guys. Whence the confusion?"
Full article here:
http://www.socialmatter.net/2015/04/09/rules-of-engagement/
>>
Look on the bright side, you don't have the handgun roster bullshit California does. I'd happily put rifle grips on all my ARs if it meant being able to buy new model guns.

Also you guy can't complain, your guy is in the White House. Trump is going to dump so much money on NY it's not even funny. The MTA is now seriously entertaining the idea of a Second Avenue Subway to Staten Island now, because Trump would obviously pile Federal cash on that.
>>
>>34023025
>The MTA is now seriously entertaining the idea of a Second Avenue Subway to Staten Island now, because Trump would obviously pile Federal cash on that.
He would, but Bill DeBlasio will never pay Trump's price, which is to stop being a sanctuary city.
>>
>>34023046

everyone has a price, and deblasio can't fight off the SEIU
>>
File: 1482915454784.gif (323KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482915454784.gif
323KB, 500x375px
>>
>>34021599
They never asked.
>>
>>34018949
Veterans should apply for star program re property tax and go for a state job if they deployed (preferential hiring) but for fun and retirement be ready to cross state lines
>>
>>34019412
Sadly>>34020248
Has it about right unless you are former leo or mp who did law and order duties and got the federal cc with duty weapon. Even then state and city cops will fuck with you. ..... most sherrifs will npt give a damn though
>>
>>34018533
>>34018492
Ex Monroe county here. Now live in Ohio.

Get out my friends, the grass is greener in the other side. I bought a Draco pistol after moving and put my paperwork in for a suppressor
>>
>>34019412
Ny doesn't offer out of state CC permits nor do they recognize other states permits. And getting caught with an "unregistered" handgun is 5 yrs in prison minimum.

I would be more willing to risk having an untucked AR over an unlicensed handgun
>>
>>34024053
Yeah unlicensed pistols are a huge nogo even for the redneck sheriffs. For moving an ar through NY just keep it in a case in a trunk of a well maintained vehicle with no weed (rentals often an option) and never give consent to search
>>
>>34018203
Fellow 845er here, how long did the whole application process take you?
>>
>>34024612
8 months because one of our judges ran his brother over and was off the bench. Only one judge was doing pistol permits at the time.
>>
>>34018203
>going to school in Tompkins
I'm not even remotely surprised by these commies.
>>
Jefferson County masterrace reporting in
>>
Niagara county here. Fuck this state. Fuck NYC those god damn liberal whores
>>
>>34024038
Monroe here, gf is in Cleveland for a year so I've been going out there pretty frequently and I like it. Where in OH are you located?
>>
>>34024939
I'm out in Dayton. Lots of ranges and clubs here. I do miss the variety in sporting clay courses. I used to do the hunters tour every year
>>
File: 1392042984379.png (153KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1392042984379.png
153KB, 700x700px
>>34018203
Broome county mentioned! Succession to PA when??
>>
>>34018372
Unless a court ordered you to stay in a psych ward, it's fine. Your rights can only be revoked through due process.
>>
Who else is from Onondaga county here?
>>
>>34027331
I am
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.