[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how realistic is this scene? https://www.youtube.com/wat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (184KB, 1648x953px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 1648x953px
So how realistic is this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OnPH9FDBrg
>>
>>34015569
well, I was with 1ID for OIF II, whoever was doing their costumes got the look right for the uniforms, IBA, and all the shit on the vests. The rest....meh
>>
>>34015569
I started writing a list, but Jesus Christ it might be easier to cite what's not wrong/weird with that scene.
>>
>>34015598
Uniforms look right, but it's weird to see every swinging dick carrying an M4 with an ACOG. The timeframe with mixed uniforms people still carried a lot of M16A2s and ACOGs weren't full issue.

And then of course all the things that happen in the scene...
>>
What about this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmy4pyPpv8Y
>>
Why uh, did the platoon leader just run directly into the open while fire was incoming? I don't understand.

The kid running after him kinda makes sense (even if it's sorta stupid, I can see somebody doing it), but the first guy, just what?

And were they calling cease fire while literally being hit with RPGs?
>>
>>34015675
The director was a worst Korean. And not the Americanized ones.
>>
>>34015664

It happens for real too.
See links
https://youtu.be/5-K1UiXI7b8
https://youtu.be/OQ1AYVcAS7k
>>
>>34015640
Okay. You going to do that or...
>>
>>34015868
Things not bizarre about that scene:
>American uniforms. Actually decently recreated

End list.
>>
>>34015876
Well, thanks for wasting everyone's time I guess.
>>
>>34015887
Sorry I wasted your time on an animu image board.
>>
>>34015661
>till carried a lot of M16A2s and ACOGs weren't full issue
I was 1ID during OIF II, we had a mix of M16A4s, and M4s. maybe 1 ACOG per squad, everyone else had a M68
>>
>>34015739
Shame the Air Force is a bunch of SJW pussies nowadays.
>>
>>34015900
I was 4 IBCT, 1 ID out of Riley there for the Surge. Whole Brigade has ACOGs, including all of our FOBBITs. 2nf BCT dudes outta Germany all had M68s and shit still
>>
>>34015876
Things not bizarre about that scene

>people have gun
>people shoot gun
>>
>>34015900
1ID carried A4s? I've only ever seen the barest handful of A4s in Army hands, usually tricked out as a stopgap DMR for Afghanistan.
>>
>>34015569

why are they all so bunched up ?
>>
>>34015909
Surge was long after tri-color deserts were phased out. For the timeframe of the film assumed by tri-colors, the abundance of optics is out of place.
>>
>>34015922
Yah I kno., Just thought I'd add my experience. This was about a year and a half to two years after DCUS/old IBAs we're worn in theater. We had ACU everything and the big fuck heavy IBAs with side plates, pre IOTV
>>
File: 1493750792214.jpg (84KB, 1080x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1493750792214.jpg
84KB, 1080x1042px
>>34015569
Not the least bit.

Engagement that close on both sides would be a slaughter fest and a sandstorm of shit.

The soldiers would have most likely been slaughtered right after that rpg shot if the dune coons had the balls to move in. That tunnel scene was absurd along with four to five other previous ridiculous things happening.
>>
>>34015914
yep, I also did the invasion with 3ID, the redhead stepchild of the 18th Airborne Corp, we had 2 M4 in our platoon that by MTOE were supposed to go to the anti armor guys, but the PL and PSG had them, everyone else had an A4.
>>
>>34015976
An A4? Not an A2? Really? That's bizarre.
>>
>>34015664
I forgot, not that poster, but he is wearing the unit insignia of the 2nd Inf regiment on his beret and shoulder boards. For the time frame of the movie based off the uniforms, he would have been with 2Bn 2Inf Regiment out of Vilseck Germany. This is the unit I did OIF II with.
>>
>>34015986
hey, before the invasion, we were down in Kuwaiti during the build up and ran into some guys from the TENN NG and they had A1s, triangle hand guards and all.
>>
>>34015569
Why are they all wearing dollar store safety googles?
>>
>>34015913
Can't even put that on the list when they walked up to a guy and didn't shoot him, but rather just beat on him with bare fists, and shot at another guy once, before walking up to him
>>
>>34015569
Looks real to me. If that's CGI then that's some good CGI.
>>
>>34015569
Why did that kid even have a pistol?
>>
>>34016861
I think he got if from the Sargent
>>
>>34017727
>Sargeant
Underage pls go
>>
File: spc billy lynn.jpg (15KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
spc billy lynn.jpg
15KB, 600x400px
Would you ever say "I love you" to your brothers in arms?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiHgX_WFAMc
>>
Those engagement distances are such a joke, way to close, especially with everyone having ACOG's.
>>
Why does the young guy jump out of cover and run at those guys trying to capture the guy who ran out of cover at first? They're like 20 meters from him, he could have just peeked out and put a couple of rounds into them and then get back into cover.
>>
>>34018305
that is a sweet ass 5.0.
>>
>>34015903
Yeah, you tell em, guy!
>>
Non american here.
Can someone explain to me what the fuck is the difference between marines and us army in practice? I keep seing them doing the same kind of stuff (aka infantry).
Maybe the Marines are more polyvalent/versatile since they like water and have some boats, etc??
>>
>>34015569
as far as a shootout from Ang Lee or any prestige hollywood director
I was fucking impressed.
a bit simplistic and condensed for film but all in all it was pretty good. coulda used some actual iron sights or at least some aiming at a target profile at least.
>>
>>34018904
as a non-fat aswell this is what i know

>don't call muhreens soldiers - the ultimate insult
>propaganda - marines have better propaganda
>"this isn't the army - marines make do"
>i think they might have like one extra week of basic training
>>
>>34018904
>>34020146
Marines are basically trying to steamroll the enemy completely, sweeping the first defenses away,
Army then builds infrastructure to hold the country and expand their influence.

It's a lot more complicated, but this is the gist of it.

And yes, the Marines are a bit...more spartan.
>>
>>34015569
The first thing I noticed is tat they wasted too many bullets by using full auto.
>>
Not tough talking the tunnel sand nigger after knifing him
>Shhh, it's Allah over now.
Wasted opportunity.
>>
>>34020188
No thats pretty much inaccurate.

They do The. Same. Exact. Shit in today's warfare, you fucking morons. You all sound like poolees at MEPs
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.