[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As Europe's militaries begin to modernize/replace their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: SA80A3-UGL.jpg (81KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
SA80A3-UGL.jpg
81KB, 750x500px
As Europe's militaries begin to modernize/replace their small arms, is there any chance they'll end up in the US as parts kits, like the CETME L?
>>
Probably not, not many governments have interest in selling military surplus weapons en masse to the civilian market
>>
>>34015103
fuck no, they; probably consign them to a blast furnace and make a big deal out of it as some sort of virtue signaling to the world
>>
>>34015152
When has a military EVER done this
>>
>>34015168
I know that's how Australia and and New Zealand dealt with the last of their L1A1 FALs
>>
>>34015168
That is what France is doing with their FAMAS.
>>
>>34015193
That makes a bit more sense, though. A FAMAS parts kit probably isn't technically feasible, considering the body is polymer.
>>
>>34015168
We (Switzerland) have thrown nealy 300k new STGW57 into shredders in the mid 90s
thx you fucking political assholes
>>
>>34015103
What have they done to my erru

that looks fucking disgusting and ugly as fuck. No way in hell they're actually going to adopt that. It's our modern day FIST program.
>>
>>34015168
Almost every European country including the brits.
>>
Sadly, the trend has been towards destroying surplus arms rather than exporting them
>>
>>34015168
You'd be surprised.
>Ltn Fuckwit doesn't want to get his fingers out of his ass.
>"Selling the weapons? Impossible; too much paperwork. They MUST be destroyed"
>>
What about South American countries? A lot were using H&Ks, and have either recently modernized or are in the process of doing so. Surely they wouldn't give a fuck about selling guns to US civilians like pansy Euro governments?
>>
>>34015233
Military mindset in a nutshell.
>>
>>34015185
Yup. So did Canada to theirs!
>>
>>34015219
The L85 is an abortion, any advancement after the A1 has been a solid improvement.
>>
>>34015193
Nope
Since "state of emergency" (ie untrained cops vs brainwashed muslim subhumans) every gun is kept for "reserve"

We haven't even bought the second batch of HK417/416 yet

The famases will end their service in a decade or so...
Of course not one of them would be sold th the commercial market, we will rightfully give them to saudi arabia or any upstanding muslim nation in an effort of war agains brainwashed muslim subhumans....

See the trend here?
>>
>>34015103
If you're hoping for L85s & l86s parts kits it will never happen.

The government still clings to hundreds of thousands of L1A1 SLRs, L4 Brens, and millions Brens, No.4s & no.3s,

We even have weapons that we've never used like Aks and shit.

they still have martini enfields and even some old martinis.

You may get lucky though as cadet forces do sell their firarms, problem is you'll be stuck with a shitty l98A1
>>
>>34015370
>they still have martini enfields and even some old martinis.
I'd be happy if they would just sell these off.

>>34015245
There may be something to this.
>>
>>34015103
They'll be sold/given to less fortunate militaries (i.e. South and Central America, Africa, Middle East). They might make their way here in 20 years or so after they've had their fun with them, but they'll probably be in field-grade Garand condition by that point.
>>
>Military rifles in the hands of american gun nuts, read about it here
Yeah, no way.
>>
Assault rifles? Not a fucking chance these days. I was legit surprised the Canadians didn't chop up all the Lee Enfields their Rangers had just to keep them off the civilian market.
>>
>>34015245
That really depends. Either they hold it in reserve for their government backed militias, end up selling it to cartels/smugglers, or they destroy them. Then you have some that turn then into parts kit or rifles which are bought by companies and imported to the US. I can guarantee you alot of Galil parts kit being brought in are very likely from Columbia
>>
>>34015168
>When has a military EVER done this

A given military doesn't get to decide that. The civilian government they serve does.
>>
>>34015103
That look bulkier and heavier than the current mount.
>>
>>34015168

That time Britain sold all their weapons to Nazi Germany.
>>
>>34015168
>When has a military EVER done this
Portugal has done worse. They sold the tooling for their licensed G3s. Which now make PTRs.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.