[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Americans so stupid and give revolvers to some of their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: animated kalle.gif (241KB, 219x200px) Image search: [Google]
animated kalle.gif
241KB, 219x200px
Why are Americans so stupid and give revolvers to some of their policemen? It takes ages to reload why not a normal pistol?
>>
Did you just just emerge from a bunker? It's not the 80s anymore.
>>
if people have revolvers it's some backwater place nobody gives a fuck about where they'll probably never even have to use them outside of quals, or carrying a revolver is a personal choice, in which case they'll probably have speed loaders or have a backup, which they'll never use outside of quals.
>>
File: 0.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
I havent seen a cop with a revolver that wasnt some ancient sheriff since I was a kid.
And Im old as fuck.
>>
>>34011254

Doesn't take long to reload if you actually practice reloading.
>>
>>34011254
No real reason why your everyday beat cop needs 20rnds on him all the time is there?

>on patrol
>dindu doing dindu stuff
>"stop resisting"
>6 shots didn't do the job?
^If above scenario the officer is a shitbag anyways.
>>
>>34011274

I know it's backwater places but it still exists somewhere.
>>
>>34011303
>>6 shots didn't do the job?
Someone post that news article about the cop who had to shoot that black guy center mass like 30 times with a .45
>>
>>34011322

Was he high on PCP or what?
>>
File: IMG_6752.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6752.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34011254
this is the same fucking post from but with American replacing Japanese.
>>
>>34011341
This is the one, that other guy was exaggerating a bit, but shit was still crazy
https://www.policeone.com/police-heroes/articles/6199620-Why-one-cop-carries-145-rounds-of-ammo-on-the-job/
>>
>>34011270
>he doesn't spend years living in a bunker
You've changed /k/, you've changed.
>>
>>34011355

>Sheer determination, it seemed, kept him going, for no evidence of drugs or alcohol was found in his system.

Just admit it, he was a fucking terminator and that cop scored a lucky hit that temporarly shut it down and then they covered it up.
>>
Of all the shitty troll threads that get crapped out of the collective assholes of /b/ and /pol/ every weekend this is the dumbest.
>>
>>34011254
How old are you?
>>
>>34011254
Maybe he lives in an area that doesn't have any niggers in it
>>
>>34011254
When was the last time American police were issued revolvers as service handguns? The early 90's maybe?

Glocks are cheap, they're the most typical police gun in the US for the past 20 years.

For that matter, given that cops will draw, but don't fire their guns 999 times out of 1000, and that it's really rare for protracted gunfights to happen (most shootings typically being 2 or less rounds fired), just six rounds is really not that useless.
>>
>>34011322
Handguns are fundamentally mediocre stoppers (yes, even .45ACP), cops are fundamentally poor marksmen, adrenaline can easily keep you going in a life or death scenario, even with life threatening injuries.
>>
File: 1986_fbi_miami_shootout.png (394KB, 2615x808px) Image search: [Google]
1986_fbi_miami_shootout.png
394KB, 2615x808px
>>34011440
No drugs needed, just adrenaline, determination, and a deathwish.
>>
File: 1483513397986.jpg (326KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1483513397986.jpg
326KB, 1000x667px
One Bullet from a Police Revolver is worth Ten bullets out of a Glock
>>
>>34012505

Spoken like someone who has never fired a weapon in his life.
>>
>>34011321
there's a single stoplight town near me with a population of 100. their most shocking crime last year was someone spray painting a dick on the school wall, and the weekly speeding tickets of people trying to blow through the towns 35 mph speed limit. Most of the time the cop doesn't even sit in his cruiser, he just parks it along the main road and people slow down anyway.

Tell me how a Glock will radically change the capability of the single sheriff to engage what was likely a 13-year old vandal and write the occasional speeding ticket when the town has literally never had a major act of violence.
>>
File: 1412973469648.png (77KB, 553x480px) Image search: [Google]
1412973469648.png
77KB, 553x480px
>>34012511
Maybe they use really expensive ammo.
>>
>>34012532
Sounds fucking amazing I hate living near niggers.
>>
>>34011373
>he doesn't have internet in his bunker
pleb
>>
File: 1396494184624.gif (1MB, 482x272px) Image search: [Google]
1396494184624.gif
1MB, 482x272px
>>34012676
>>
File: bigshot.jpg (16KB, 661x306px) Image search: [Google]
bigshot.jpg
16KB, 661x306px
>>34012466
no way you live, no way
>>
>>34012739
seems like your own fault
>>
>>34011287

t. Loves to reload during a battle.
>>
>>34011274
when I was in middle school the jagoff local police came to class and one had a silver .357mag probably S&W

fucker wouldn't show it to us and the teacher got super pissed at me for not participating
>>
You see cops with revolvers all the time in Chicago. I assume it's because the cop got an easy low-risk detail and couldn't be arsed to
requal with a semi-auto.
>>
The only reason any department anywhere is still using revolvers is because they already have them and they still work so why spend a shitload of money replacing them?

The second is because they want every single bullet accounted for and since revolver casings need to be manually removed then reports can dictate exactly how many rounds were used.
>>
>>34011254
Shit post OP
https://youtu.be/lLk1v5bSFPw
Most revolvers both shoot and reload faster than semi-autos at highest skill levels.

This is a mechanical fact.

The reason revolvers have fallen out of favor is because of capacity but also due to most shooters lacking the skill to master the revolvers advantages.
>>
>>34011254
Older cops get to keep revolvers due to a grandfather clause, I was pulled over once by some ancient looking dude and he had a ruger six speed holstered.
>>
>>34012739
theres actually a decently large mexican community of questionable legality, but they keep to themselves.

that small town is basically old people, a post office, a small firehouse, and a small elementary school. very, very small.
>>
>>34016073
>a decently large mexican community of questionable legality
This is true of almost any town west of the the Mississippi.
>>
>>34011322
>1911fags btfo
>>
>>34014941
>Most revolvers both shoot and reload faster than semi-autos at highest skill levels.
>This is a mechanical fact.

t. literally has never seen an Open Division shoot in his life

>>34016178

It was a Glock 21, but fair.
>>
>people replying seriously to pasta/bait

I love this world
>>
>>34011303
We're Mericanizing (Militarizing) police over here, boo.
>>
Never seen a cop out of old movies use revolvers OP.
Ever heard of a glock 19?
>>
these revolver v semi auto threads are almost as autistic as manual v automatic threads on /o/. It comes down to preference. Both sides have their positives, with the more modern option being the objective best in many more situations. However, some people may like the reliability, looks, or feel of a wheel gun over say a glock which looks like ass. ( not that all semi-autos look/ feel bad). Personally i like revolvers because their ability to fire magnum rounds, their simplicity, and also because modern revolvers can now hold 7+ .357 at a time one of which is more than enough to bring a man down. At the same time i know that higher capacity revolvers are not as nearly as concealable as semi autos, and that magnum cartridges tend to require longer barrels to get the most out of.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.