[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When someone says: >"HURP LOOK AT THIS AR I *BUILT*"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Ikea.jpg (2MB, 2288x1739px) Image search: [Google]
Ikea.jpg
2MB, 2288x1739px
When someone says:
>"HURP LOOK AT THIS AR I *BUILT*"
I give them the same look I would give them if they just got done shopping at pic related and said
>"HURP LOOK AT THIS DESK I *BUILT*"

Please, stop using the words "build" and "AR" in the same sentence. You just make yourself look really, really incompetent and sad.

Correct word: Assemble. As in:
>"I assembled this AR."
or
>"I assembled this Ikea furniture."

Also, there's no reason to be upset that I compared your favorite gun to Ikea. It's just a simple and obvious comparison, and one that's utterly apt and accurate. If this upsets you, please stop living in your own fantasy land where whanging in a couple of roll pins makes you a "builder". It doesn't. You're an "assembler", just like the college girl holding the black-and-white cartoon instructions and carefully tightening cam-locks in her dorm room. You're both "assembling".

Live in reality.
>>
>>34008108
Agreed, but there really is no reason to make a thread other than to see assblasted ARkiddies rant and rave and seeth over how right you are.
So...trolling I guess.
>>
File: g4y.jpg (233KB, 1242x1234px) Image search: [Google]
g4y.jpg
233KB, 1242x1234px
>>34008108
>>
Pretty sure your interaction is more like someone within earshot said those words, you roll your eyes and mutter your post, and nothing else happened.
Go back to your containment thread.
>>
>if you didn't build your gun in a cave with a box of scraps get out of my face
>>
>>34008108
IKEA sells it as a kit, you don't have to get every component of an AR as a kit. It's not like you go to IKEA and buy 4 legs, a seat, and a backrest, you just buy a chair.
You may as well compare building a computer to playing with legos
>>
>>34008130
How is it trolling if you're trying to help people not look like morons? It's a PSA if anything.
>>34008204
Yes, exactly. Saying "AR build" is very autistic.
>>34008251
I hear and read it all the time, and yes, I do [cinge internally], but I try to not be an asshole about it. I made this thread to just bring the problem up, and help people not look like jackasses.

>>34008268
There's no need for hyperbole. If you blueprint a Remington 700 or do something similar, then fine, you can say "you built" a firearm. But if you didn't use a mill or lathe... you didn't "build" anything. You assembled.

>inb4 someone doesn't think you need a lathe to properly blueprint a rifle
>"muh hand files!"
god, I can hear it already...
>>
>>34008296
>You may as well compare building a computer to playing with legos
>thinking that ~ASSMEBLING~ a computer is difficult in the slightest.
Seeing as how the Legos are literally twice as difficult as ~ASSEMBLING~ a computer from parts you buy, then yeah, you're right.
>>
but assemble requires 3 syllables and build is easier to spell
>>
>>34008130
Well it's zed, so of course there's trolling involved, it just happens to one of the times where he's also right.
>>
>>34008108

Cool blog. Also shut the fuck up, zed.
>>
>>34008326

>Legos
>difficult

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>see troll thread
>oh it's by zed
>turn 540 and walk out
>>
>>34008381
>is grasping how easy it is to put a computer together
No, but it's nice to see that the thrust of my point was understood. I'm used to about a 3-5% reading comprehension level from the average anon. You literally have to bludgeon them with the language to have anything understood, ever.
>>
>>34008108
build
construct (something, typically something large) by putting parts or material together over a period of time.

assemble
fit together the separate component parts of (a machine or other object).

>parts together
>together parts
>>
>>34008464
>construct
>parts or materials
vs
>fit together component parts

How is it even hard to understand the difference?
This is what I'm talking about with the reading comprehension levels. It's abysmal.
>>
>triggered over using build over assemble
you must be fun at parties
>>
>>34008488
Do you know what synonyms are?
Thanks for entertaining me for about 45 seconds.
>>
>>34008326
Bitch, I assembled a 2.5k piece imperial star destroyer Lego set when I was 10 in 8 hours.
>>
>ree
>reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
t. op
>>
I bet you're a real hit at parties.
>>
>>34008510
>>34008946
>Zed
>Getting invited to parties
>>
>>34008108
So, you want people to say the assembled an AR-15 instead?

I mean, obviously they didn't mine the ore smelt the ore refine and cast the metal and machine the gun themselves, but constructing a weapon out of drop in parts that may require some fitting counts as building for some people.

Are you going to call house building contractors assemblers because they buy lumber, nails, pipes and etc?

Bow about 80% that have to drill out and file out the holes in the receive?
>>
File: 1391945091146.jpg (38KB, 608x448px) Image search: [Google]
1391945091146.jpg
38KB, 608x448px
>>34008108
Turn your trip off you fucking moron.
God you're so pathetic it hurts.
>>
>>34008310
Because it's basic knowledge being used for the purpose of pissing people off.

AR Ergos suck as well but I don't need to make a thread about it just to piss idiots off.
>>34008464
You assemble a Lego kit.
You don't build a Lego kit.
>>
File: 515.gif (1022KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
515.gif
1022KB, 640x480px
LE PEDANTIC AUTIST MEME
>>
>>34008108
You can't shoot things with an IKEA desk tho
>>
>>34008108
Why is absolutely every single tripfag so fucking terrible? I've never seen a good tripfag, ever.
>>
>>34008108
so when people buy a car kit; you want them to say they "assembled" a cobra? you're a fag and will always be a fag.
>>
>>34009242
zed is actually okay as much as I hate saying it. I still refuse give him or any trip a (you)
>>
>>34009275
>Zed
>Okay
He occasionally says something decent but a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>34009292
he's usually the first in a thread to call out stupid fudd lore or just blatantly incorrect info while most trips are pure attention whores. anyway this is just feeding his faggot ego so I'll stop now.
>>
>leave /k/ for a few years
>come back
>Zed still here
>Zed still being a terrible shitposter in every way imaginable

Fuck off you kike.
>>
>>34008108
You usually have something at least somewhat interesting to be contentious about. Sperging over the connotation of "build?" This is just retarded.
>>
>>34008108
This is like car people that say "built not bought." Bitch shut the fuck up, you ordered stuff off jegs and did automotive lego. Or people that "build" a computer by again putting together parts that have slots and connections designed to only fit one way so only idiots can screw it up.
>>
>>34009328
Zed left and then came back
>>
>>34009242
>BOOF is terrible
>Mowerblades dollar builds isn't helpful
So, where did the trip touch you?
>>
autism is real
>>
>>34008108
Even if I put the pins in myself?
>>
File: DSC_0043.jpg (2MB, 3483x1876px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0043.jpg
2MB, 3483x1876px
>>34008108
Hey look at this ak i had built.
>>
>>34009242
Guard can be cool a times. But then again thicc waffegeist art might be coloring my perception some.
>>
Nice blog post, faggot.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.