[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Latest media-scare in Sweden is that criminals print 3d weapons.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 16

File: 3dvapen-jpg.jpg (76KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
3dvapen-jpg.jpg
76KB, 992x558px
Latest media-scare in Sweden is that criminals print 3d weapons. This is a photo of a captured weapon. Is this really 3d printed? Looks like a fugly conversion of another weapon.

also looks like a 10/22 mag. What can /k/ say about this weapon?
>>
File: 3d-gun-640x387.jpg (62KB, 640x387px) Image search: [Google]
3d-gun-640x387.jpg
62KB, 640x387px
Old news. 3d printing is basically the end of the gun grabber narrative, simply because it's a demonstration that they cannot actually control guns, therefore gun control is irrelevant.
They don't even have to be good, there's functional 3d printed pistols that can fire .38 special for upwards of 50 rounds without any barrel fractures, and that's more than enough to end the campaign. Not to mention that the US Army is actively working on creating 3d printed weapons to reduce equipment costs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZgoG9pIyDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz8mlB1hZ-o

It's good news as far as I'm concerned.
>>
parts of it like the bolt mag and trigger pack werent 3d printed. looks like a mix of real parts and 3d printed plastic
>>
>>34005263
if haji made it op it doesnt even have to be 3d printed
>>
>>34005263
The cost and access to 3D printing technology and materials, let alone the machining skills needed to then make a functioning automatic action from these parts far outweigh the costs of buying or sourcing illegal weapons imported from other european nations.
>>
>>34005275
>Any nigger can now produce his own guns with a damn Hewlett Packard

This is good news to you?
>>
>>34005595
Yes.
>>
Why was this shit meme ever contrived? It's not like milling machines were terribly expensive before. Jungle people in Vietnam were able to make simple blowback pistols with no knowledge of how guns work for the most part other than cloning other designs.
>>
>>34005275
Listen cletus, maybe in the US you're free to buy all ammo you want but in yurop it's mostly banned. what will 3D printeds gun do when you can't feed it anything, exactly ? and don't say anything about reloading yourself, most of the materials needed to reload like primers and smokeless powder are also banned/heavily regulated.
>>
File: 1489115796260.jpg (106KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489115796260.jpg
106KB, 720x960px
>>34005595
>RWDS can have mass-produced disposable mortars, assault rifles, and other funner stuff to rectify the above issue.

Yes
>>
>>34005630
what, black powder cartridges are too uncool now?
if you're so much of a nigger you can't figure out how to get ammo illegally it won't be that bad
>>
>>34005679
>what, black powder cartridges are too uncool now?
I hope you're not just assuming that those would be legal when smokeless is not.
>>
>>34005669
Living in a fantasy.
>>
>>34005726
firecrackers usually are
>>
>>34005736
Firecrackers give you only one ingredient for a cartridge, the easiest ingredient.

Also, 'usually' being the operative word.
>>
>>34005275

They'll just try to regulate 3d printing or try and fail to regulate and restrict printing of 3d weapons. Maybe a blanket ban on any 3d printed firearms. That way no criminals will print 3d firearms. Because it is illegal and why would they break the law.
>>
>>34005834
>primers
unless you live in Ausfailia you can get something that works as well in toy stores
>casings
old shotgun shells were made out of paper
>bullet
depending on what you're building ball bearings may work ok
big fucking deal

>usually
yeah, how many EU countries have firecrackers banned? also, even of they're illegal you can easily find them on the streets around New Year's eve
hell, I know of people who celebrate with 50 kg cherry bombs
>>
>>34005275
until they legislate what your printer can print they way they legislated what photocopiers could copy

remember the left is the thought police. thats your "progressives" for you.

always ask yourself two things: who stands to gain, and who stands to lose. follow the money. always follow the money.
>>
>>34005595
yes. while the overwhelming odds are that someone committing a person-on-person crime on you is melanin-rich, the overwhelming odds are also that not every schwartze is a criminal. you can't argue that.

however, as the old saying goes, one bad apple spoils the bunch
>>
>>34005726
black powder is carbon sulfur and salpeter
>carbon you get from stove grad anthracite
>sulfur is an easily acessible product to make wine
>salpeter grows on your basement walls for free
whoop dee doo, every 10 yo kid knows how to make black powder even in europe. And even if they didn't it's a wikipedia search away.
>>
>>34005263
No polymer is strong enough to be used for a gun as of now.

t./diy/ 3d printing general
>>
>>34005862
So, a paper cartridge with cap gun primers is what you're suggesting?

You'd literally be better off making a crossbow, if you can't make a decent metallic cartridge analogue.
>>
>>34006037
Thats objectively wrong because the civil fucking war was fought with black powder convict guns instead of larping crossbows
>>
>>34006060
We're not talking about civil wars, we're talking about individuals clandestinely building weapons.

Completely different situation, one which has different priorities.
>>
>>34005605
Cody whatever-his-last-name basically did it for media attention and scaring anti gunners. At that he was highly successful. The community continues doing it because it's amusing and a fun engineering challenge.
>>
>>34006085
>The hobby community *
Fixed it for you since it is impossible to find machinist that will even attempt manufacturing a firearm part.
>>
>>34005595
>an intelligent person with knowledge of 3D printing and enough money to buy a very expensive plastic CNC machine can have access to the means to defend themselves from niggers and Muslims who want to rape, kill, and enslave them
FTFY
>>
>>34006108
Those Hewlett Packard printers are around 18K.
>>
>>34005843

You literally cannot regulate 3D Printing. The most you could do to a pre-assembled kit is use a software/firmware restriction (which can be sidestepped pretty easy), or you just manufacture your own at home kit. IoT devices have made the necessary pieces of hardware easy as hell to get a hold of, plus some fucking washers, a soldering iron, and plastic, and you're GTG.
>>
>>34005882

The difference is that you can't build your own photocopier, you can build your own 3D Printer. People were literally building their own homebrew printers some time before they entered the commercial market.
>>
>>34006037
we're talking ghetto engineering here, if you want something reliable you might as well buy a gun from the black market
>>
>>34006171
Not necessarily reliable, just practical. It would be entirely possible to make cartridges, but every time the discussion comes up here, people tend to vastly underestimate the difficulty.

Building most components to a gun is easy enough, but the hard parts, mainly the barrel and ammunition, are too often ignored entirely.
>>
>>34005595
Bruh i know alot of niggers and none of them even own paper printers. I think we'll be alright.
>>
File: Blyskawica[1].jpg (18KB, 650x342px) Image search: [Google]
Blyskawica[1].jpg
18KB, 650x342px
Can somebody PLEASE explain to me why 3D printed guns is such a scary new development? People have been jury rigging clandestine firearms for over a fucking century. Nobody has talked about mill and lathe control in all this time. Pic is a polish resistance submachine gun.

>Antoni Starsky built this in a cave! With a box of SCRAPS!
>>
>>34006227

It's just a new technology, people get spooked easily and the media plays on these fears in order to get viewers. That's all. Also, that kind of stuff takes at least some rudimentary skill and a few investment in space and money.

A 3D Printer? Eh, not really. Not anymore than buying a decent AR-15.
>>
>>34006227
Because a level of expertise, practice, and effort will always be required with a decent metal gun, at least for the foreseeable future. Mills, lathes, and the associated tooling are also fairly large and expensive, being industrial equipment with little consumer interest.

With plastic printers on the other hand, it's entirely possible that in the near future they will become quite widespread and commonplace, and the guns will need a bare minimum of expertise to print and assemble.

>tl;dr any dumb cunt can use a printer, you need to be at least not terrible to machine a metal gun.
>>
>>34006273

I have seen the stuff they can print, it is literally as easy (to use something of comparable baseline knowledge) assembling a computer from just parts. It's stupid easy if you have a modicum of interest, and at least know how to follow instructions to find out what works and what doesn't. You won't have to spend hundreds of hours getting decent enough with a 3D Printer to figure out how to assemble the device, download the software & files, print it, and then assemble that. There might be some trial and error involved, but it's just fuckin' plastic. Reprint it, sand it down, and try again.
>>
>>34006037
>Decent metallic
Buy brass pipes, start forming them. Simple as that, it's like you don't even read the Home Gunsmith
>>
>>34006313
>brass pipes
. . .

So, you're also going to carry a pair of pliers for when the cartridges inevitably turn into a banana peel and get stuck in the chamber?
>>
>>34005595
>barely literate nogs suddenly able to build weapons from 3D printers

Sandniggers on the other hand can be more crafty
>>
>>34005726
Black powder can be freely sold and bought in my country
>>
>>34006273
>Mills, lathes, and the associated tooling are also fairly large and expensive, being industrial equipment
>mills and lathe
>large, expensive
>implying you need industrial to make cheap as smgs and pistols
Wanna know how I know you're wrong? Lathes are easy as fuck to build and can be powered with a bloody DC motor. These Lathes can fucking fit in a bloody room, shed and/or basement and be used for said purposes.
>http://www.chesterhobbystore.com/lathes-788-c.asp
>http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hobby-lathe
Hell, you can still make barrels using a proper manual vintage lathe (Not as effective as a motorized one but better than nothing). You can even find fucking milling machines for 1-3K without an issue, all one gotta do is stop being a fucking poorfag.
>>
>>34006368

Yeah, but I can spend half that (1.5k) and buy an unassembled 3D Printer, and put it on my desk.
>>
>>34006227
Because the potential for a larger underground firearms manufacturing industry scares those in control.

A well and easily armed populace isn't in the best interest of the government
>>
>>34006368
Wow, you really proved me wrong. Oh wait...

Also,
> and can be powered with a bloody DC motor.
Yeah, no shit...
>>
FOR THE IMPERIUM

THAT RIGHT THERE IS A FUCKING BOLTER
>>
>>34006385

The concern for them in the US is whole "ghost gun" thing, where you can just print out a gun - pop a few shots off, and then ditch it without anyone ever finding out where it came from or who did it. You can sort of do this already (looking at you nigs and bikers), but that's hard to get into if you can't pass. This even sidesteps the whole private sale rule, because with those there's still presumably a paper trail (from where the gun originally came from) or someone will speak up. It's all about obfuscation. ATF/NSA/LEO don't want snackbars capable of printing out guns to go with their bombs. And they don't want spree shooters able to do the same. LEO/ATF/NSA could give a fuck about bikers and nogs shooting one another. They keep their violence insular for the most part, and when they don't, they crack down hard. Hell, in Chicago, killing a civilian is so looked down on and multiple gangs will try and kill the guy who killed someone he wasn't supposed to because of the heat his resulting stupidity is going to bring on them. His own gang might even just kill him to keep him from flipping on them.

Abroad the concern is more about the ability to get guns cheap and easily in general, which admittedly, those governments don't want whatsoever.
>>
>>34005595
>implying they have a hard time getting them without 3D printing
>>
File: 1489104817362.png (373KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489104817362.png
373KB, 1600x900px
>>34005669
This. Day of rope when?
>>34005734
Ooga booga go back to Africa
>>
File: 3D Printed AR-10.gif (3MB, 416x233px) Image search: [Google]
3D Printed AR-10.gif
3MB, 416x233px
https://3dprint.com/54163/printedfirearm-ar10-piece/

3D Printed AR-10 receiver.
>>
File: 22semi_final_3.jpg (183KB, 1175x606px) Image search: [Google]
22semi_final_3.jpg
183KB, 1175x606px
>>34005263
Looks like a TEC-22 knockoff produced throug a reverse engineering of the Proteus .22 pistol (which can be found in the latest Fosscad megafile).
>>
File: Lost PLA 10-22.png (3MB, 1194x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Lost PLA 10-22.png
3MB, 1194x1440px
PLA 10/22 receiver, scaled to compensate for aluminum shrinkage and then successfully cast.

Although people have successfully just used ABS for 10/22 receivers, so really you'd just be increasing long-term durability.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdhZ9-bdEfc

3D printed skorpion receiver assembled with parts kit.
>>
>>34006092
why's that?
>>
It looks like a 10/22 receiver, bolt and and trigger mechanism with a shorter barrel and a nigger-rigged combination of sights and pistol grip
>>
Eventaully most everywhere will follow the trail my bold state of California is blazing with It's recent ammunition regulations. Taking affect January 1st 2018:

-All ammo purchases must be done through a licensed ammo vendor

-No selling ammo without going though a licensed vendor

-No bringing ammo yourself across state lines

-No purchasing ammo online unless first received by a licensed vendor

Beginning the January 1st 2019:

-Licensed ammo vendors will be required to record, maintain, and report to DOJ records of ammunition sales, in a manner similar to dealer’s records of sales (DROS) for firearms purchases.

-Background checks required to purchase ammo

http://smartgunlaws.org/ammunition-regulation-in-california/

Your ghost guns are cute though.
>>
>>34006227
all the previous answers are off-base. It's a "scary new development" because anti gunners are fucking STUPID and don't know that you can even make guns at home. Or how guns or anything mechanical works at all. 3d printing is evil magic voodoo to them because they were completely unaware of previous home manufacturing.
>>
>>34006092
>>34006649
Some people definitely plan on going into business in the future. Last I spoke with him WarFairy was talking about opening a firearm design/manufacturing company when he was done his current contract.
>>
>>34006641
How easy is it to calculate aluminium shrinkage for casting?

I wanna build a little foundry and get into casting. Not that I'd build a 10/22, because that'd be illegal in my cunt... >_>
>>
>>34006658
>with him WF
How the fuck did I get "him" in there? I need another coffee.
>>
>>34006656
So... handloading and casting, it is, then?
>>
>>34006663
I wouldn't be able to tell you off the top of my head. I've mostly worked with sheet metal. I know the basic principles behind casting (draft angles, consistent part thickness, etc), but I've never had to get a part cast.

>>34006667
Pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gYPdNAp9Q0
>>
You could mill delrin into a fucking receiver. This whole hullabaloo about 3d printed guns is many decades too late.

I mean, shit, look at the Luty gun (God rest his soul), because all it requires is a trip to your local hardware store.
>>
>>34006658
>Last I spoke with him,* WarFairy was talking about [...]
Just forgot a comma, mang...
>>
>>34006683
Ah, that makes sense. I probably shouldn't post when this tired, but whatever. Shitposting waits not for sleep.
>>
>>34006680
You don't even need a mill for delrin. A router is more than adequate for it and I wouldn't want to gunk up a mill with that shit.
>>
>>34006667
Yes you could still get a small taste freedom by assembling your own ammo in secret...

...Until the ghost bullet loophole is closed.
>>
>>34006703
>YFW people just start printing shot cups and loading them with fucking rocks if they have to
>>
>>34006220
>Implying it won't be an enterprising white man printing off 38 specials and selling them for crazy black market profit.
You need to apply yourself son, those are rookie numbers.
>>
>>34006703
>...Until the ghost bullet loophole is closed.
Speaking of loopholes, all the separate components for reloading ammunition is technically okay to own in Australia, because the brass and bullets are just metal, and the primers and smokeless powder isn't covered under firearms laws, but industrial safety laws, because it's used in other shit like mining, hobby rocketry, etc.

So you can legally own the components, and reloading equipment without a firearms licence, but you're not allowed to assemble them.

The possibilities are intriguing, really...
>>
>>34006709 #
>if they have to

>if

I hope HAVING to do that is as much fun as you seem to think it will be.
>>
>>34005263
yeah i'm sure you should be worrying about 3d printed weapons and not the hordes of shitskins you imported.
>>
>>34006751
>>34006780

Frankly, accelerating pretty much anything to supersonic speeds is fun shit. If we're talking about having to do it because of a conflict, that's another story, but I'm talking specifically about the feasibility of manufacturing, not the use itself.

People have this odd mental disconnect where they think firearms are magical or some shit. People have been manufacturing them for hundreds of years without any of the modern knowledge, tools or techniques we have today. They didn't know shit about metallurgy, they just made it big enough that it wouldn't explode. While it isn't optimal, that methodology is still completely viable today.

People are only as disarmed as they choose to be.
>>
>>34005263
BAN ASSAULT PRINTERS
>>
>>34006777
>hobby rocketry
Speaking of which, I've always wondered how well sugar rockets would work in a makeshift firearm.
>>
>>34006799
I had the idea of alcohol vapour canisters or an alcohol mister for a sort of alcohol rocket/airgun hybrid the other day.
>>
I don't even care if sweden is completely overrun with somalians and becomes the next south africa

swedes are such autistic, massive-egoed, virtue-signalling cunts that they deserve everything coming to them
>>
>>34006813
Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgeOX2a1Sdo

I'd like to try using the same kind of valve they use for refillable lighters. Just give it a squirt from a small lighter fluid bottle and fire with your standard spud gun igniter.
>>
>>34006828
Yeah, something similar to that, except imagine the spray bottle was part of the gun.
>>
>>34006842
You could probably just attach the alcohol bottle to the bike bump intake with a small valve to control the alcohol/air mixture.
>>
>>34006879
bike pump*

Doing it that way also means you have less of the combustion chamber's volume occupied by the sponge like in that design.
>>
>>34005585
This guy doesn't know how a 3D printer works
>>
>>34005263
It appears to be a .22 caliber gun that feeds from a Ruger 10/22 magazine, so it's not far from an old Intratec Tec22 or something.

You could easily 3D print a little machinegun or something for .22LR, it's a light caliber, the gun is gonna wear down pretty fast because 3D printing spool plastic is generally pretty weak stuff, but it'll work.

>>34005595
Jovisst, inte som att det var svårt förut, att bygga en Rattlare i 9mm Luger är knappast svårt.
>>
>>34006144
not only that, but you can 3D print 3D printers
>>
>>34006969
You still need to purchase the controller, power supply, wiring, stepper motors, extruder, etc...
>>
>>34006130
and there are printers that cost only a couple hundred
>>
>>34005275
The problem with that is that liberals don't actually care if their laws work, they feel the need to meddle.
Doing something, even if it's useless or even harmful, will always be better than doing nothing to most of them.
>>
>>34006985
Absolutely. There are printers that can be had for 100, even.

Costs will vary depending on what your requirements are. If you're only going to print in PLA, then you don't need a heated platform and the nozzle won't need to get nearly as high temperature as if you were printed polycarbonate, for instance. That alone will save you a lot of money.

Whether your printers uses ACME rods, belt drives, etc for interpolation will greatly affect the price, but also print quality.

The larger the print volume, the higher the cost.
>>
>>34007012
printing* polycarbonate.

I seriously cannot type today, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>34005862
>50kg cherry bombs
I want one
>>
File: shitty diagram.png (133KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shitty diagram.png
133KB, 1200x1000px
>>34006842
>>34006879
Just did a shitty diagram of a pump-action marble/ball bearing gun.

Basically, the slide loads the ball into the chamber, as well as pushing the piston back.
The piston squirts some alcohol from a container in the pistol grip, compresses it with air into the firing chamber.
When you release the slide, the pressure from compressing the mixture pushes the piston forward, which pushes the ball against a seal in the barrel, but doesn't have enough pressure to push the ball past the seal.
Pulling the trigger ignites the mixture in the firing chamber, which pushes the piston forward with enough force that the ball shoots past the seal into the barrel.
>>
>>34006702

If you've got a steady hand, you could get it done with a dremel

> I wouldn't want to gunk up a mill with that shit.

It's not as bad as you've expect.
>>
>>34005263

I've 3d printed my sig p250 frame and an AR180 lower. Yes it's possible but the bolt and barrel will still need to be metal.
>>
>>34005275

3d printing does to firearms what the printing press did to books.

This isn't a small thing, gun grabbers are effectively blown the fuck out forever unless 3d printing is banned entirely.
>>
>>34005630
Shotgun shells are ridiculously low pressure.
>>
>>34006790
It's engineered ignorance. Most people would never even consider that a firearm can be made, simply because they've been taught that they're incapable of doing anything except following orders and sitting in their cubicle.
Keep 'em dumb and keep 'em compliant.
>>
>>34005630
>most of the materials needed to reload like primers and smokeless powder are also banned/heavily regulated.

You could make what you need. You don't need smokeless powder. Black powder is sufficient to run simple blowback actions, and you can make your own black powder with your piss (nitre bed) and wood ash. Primers are trickier, but you can make a paste of Armstrong's mixture, and that should do it (but it is quite a bit more dangerous).

By far the trickiest part would be cases, but you can do that on a lathe.
>>
>>34007294

KEK that's fucking gay
>>
>>34007793
Well uhh, yeah... Where do you think you are, exactly?
>>
>>34007047
>ywn celebrate New Year with IEDs
why even live
>>
>>34006385
3d printing has absolutely no potential for large underground manufacturing. The machines that can reliably print in sufficient quality cost more than crate of Aks. also, printing takes a buttload of time. and way more skill than just machining a gun in some garage.

It's once more people overreacting to something they have no understanding of.
>>
>>34007567
>engineered ignorance
FYI, what you describe there is an actual thing but the correct term is learned helplessness.
>>
>>34007981
Quality doesn't mean shit when your gun cost 30 cents to make. We're not talking about anything being used in warfare, this shit is going to be used to rob a corner store then dropped in a gutter. 3d printers are more than adequate to produce weapons for that.
Imagine this, you print out a hundred .38 Special single-shot Songbirds, and you sell them to hood rats for $50 each. Hell, $20 each. For an initial investment of $400 or less.

I really have trouble phrasing this, but it's like an ultimatum. "You can't stop us no matter what you do, so fuck off and leave us be". The point is Gun Control is simply obsolete.
>>
>>34008077
This, the kind of gun you're looking at for criminal mass production is something that'll at best last 50rds and that's if it's ever shot that much (it won't be).

Think some kind of three round double-action pepperbox with steel liners in the chambers and a folding grip, .38 caliber or so, it's not made for precision or fighting, it's not made to last, it's made to shoot a few times, it's probably not even rifled.
>>
>>34008077
The gun in opening picture probably took 15-30 hours to print, and it's probably just casing an possibly trigger mechanism. materials would have cost anything from 5 dollars up. and the important pits are metal. it would have been much easier and faster to make by hand. and if you try to actually print a gun barrel... well good luck.
>>
>>34008151
The Songbird pistol is already stress tested firing .38 Special with no issues without any Barrel Insert. You're living in 2008 still, the guy who designed the Songbird has moved up and is trying to get it to fire .357 already, and he's been mostly successful. If he actually used a Barrel insert, he'd have it firing .357 with no issues. This stuff isn't hypothetical, it's already been done.
>>
>>34005263
Looks 3d printed body with some metal internals. Makes sense, still cheap as fuck and now it doesn't break immmediately.
>>
File: IMG_2608.jpg (332KB, 1227x1157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2608.jpg
332KB, 1227x1157px
>>34007957
That's loser talk anon, you can do anything if you set your mind to it.
>>
>>34008339
I know, I'm just trying not to get v& over something that small
>>
File: IMG_2621.jpg (31KB, 365x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2621.jpg
31KB, 365x299px
>>34007957
>>34008339
And here's some handy links to help you out along the way.

>Potassium Chlorate
http://youtu.be/7MsHq_dUfnY

>Mercury Fulminate
http://youtu.be/ONfeTsByKhM

Have fun anon, and try not to loose your arms.
>>
>>34008363
>something that small
Nigga, 25g of Potassium Chlorate and Vaseline can rip your foot off. Something that size can shrapnel the fuck out of everyone inside a British pub.
>>
>>34008379
no doubt about it, but getting arrested over some slightly unusual New Year celebration? no thanks
>>
>>34008200
yes,of course it can be done. but not easily if at all with your 500 bucks desk printer. They just aren't that accurate. and even then it's more of a curiosity than very viable option, like wooden cannons. there are just so many better and faster ways to do this. like casting it from solid gold or something.
>>
>>34008456
>They just aren't that accurate

Which is completely, totally irrelevant. These weapons are disposable, untraceable, unscannable, and unbannable. Completely impossible to regulate, and they can kill you just as dead as a factory made firearm. You seem to have it in your head that they're going to be used for target shooting, they aren't.

Accuracy and reliability are completely irrelevant. They work. They're enough to commit crime with. Any hood rat can get one at any time and nobody could even hope to stop them. Gun Control no longer has a leg to stand on, end of story. That's the point.
>>
>>34005585
Getting all set up with a good enough (not great but affordable) 3D printer is less than $1k. That's pretty fucking good.
>>
>>34007294
Simple enough. I'd probably not put the alcohol in the grip (or anywhere near my hands/face), though.
>>
File: 1490347381845.jpg (114KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490347381845.jpg
114KB, 1200x900px
>>34006940
Pray tell your vast knowledge about the entire process of obtaining 3D printers good enough to fabricate the parts in high strength plastics and metals for fully functioning automatic weapon that can be done for pennies on the dollar by a barely literate migrant terrorist. Oh it nowhere in that process would they be flagged by government surveillance or counter terrorist agencies.
>>
>>34006333
Wewlad, there's this new invention called 'The Leatherman'. Most people are already carrying a set of pliers with them. Along with screwdrivers, an awl, a knife, a couple files...
>>
>>34008611
you go down to fucking Office Max or order from Amazon a commercial 3D printer
then you download the files for a gun
then you print it
then you assemble it
then you rob the liquor store
>>
What volume would you need a 3d printer to be to print a gun?
>>
>>34008611
>>34005585
why are you arguing about the cost? It was NEVER about the cost, it's about telling the government to fuck off. You're pulling economics out of your ass for something that was not intended to be economical
>>
>>34005263
That's a Ruger 10/22 receiver and functioning parts with a 38 printed stock and barrel shroud.
>>
>>34008621
Or you just rob it with a knife and they still five you all the shit.
>>
>>34005630
Match heads you dunce Grind em up and use them as propellant and ignition.
>>
>>34009055
Larger is better, but you can print it in multiple pieces and then bind then together. Depending on the method you use, the adhesive might actually be stronger than the rest of the print, lol.
>>
>>34009386
... bind them* together...
>>
>>34006429
Ghost guns are a meme. I could throw together a slamfire 12g with two pipes and a nail, for fucks sake.
>>
File: tippmann C3 propane marker.gif (736KB, 920x490px) Image search: [Google]
tippmann C3 propane marker.gif
736KB, 920x490px
>>34007294
Tippman made a paintball gun that worked like this.

>>34006227
because:
>>34007567
>>34008035
>>
>>34008339
>instructions on how to build a bomb that detonates immediately upon completion
wew
>>
File: 3dRuger22_LiveLeak.jpg (8KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
3dRuger22_LiveLeak.jpg
8KB, 300x209px
>>34005263
>>
>>34005263
show me a 3d printed gun that I would rather use than a 12 gauge slamfire pipe shotgun. Protip: you cant

I want a game show where they release a handful of survivalists/machinists and shit into home depo with a 2 hour time limit and see what guns they can make. No power tools allowed besides a drill press to mill the barrel. This would actually be entertaining with different kinds of weapon categories as well or explosives.
>>
File: 3d-printed-gun-shuty.png.jpg (30KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
3d-printed-gun-shuty.png.jpg
30KB, 480x361px
>>34011971
i'd take one of these over a slam bang, i'd totally watch that show though. like junkyard wars ameribros edition.
>>
>>34012087
junkyard wars was exactly what I had in mind
>>
>>34009055
I checked some files from the liberator pistol. The frame seemed the biggest, it was 131x82x41mm
>>
>>34006663
It's pretty easy to empirically determine shrinkage for your exact conditions. Basically
>print up a simple part.
>Measure it before and after casting
>before size / after size is the scale factor you multiply your dimensions by to get a finished casting to size
>>
>>34014658
Why bother?

You would be machining all important surfaces anyhow
>>
>>34005862
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gYPdNAp9Q0

Matches work amazingly too. Even can rig up a primer with the striker paper stuff.

After seeing this I realized how easy it would be to make. Pressures are so low it's actually pretty safe as long as you don't do something dumb like capping both ends of the barrel.
>>
>>34014680
yeah, that's basically what's inside a cap gun primer, though I'm not sure how cost-effective it would be to make Armstrong mix from matches as opposed to the other alternative
>>
>>34005263
Parts of it may be printed. You obviously don't want 3d printed barrel etc.

There's nothing wrong in 3d printed stock or fire control group though, other processes may lead to more reliable parts that are more economical when produced in mass scale, but it'll do.
>>
>>34006227
Ease of construction. To make a gun on your own you have to go get parts and be able to put them together, requiring some tools. With 3D printers anyone with one can just download the file(s) for the parts and put it together with much less effort
>>
>>34015602
Eh, I've seen people having trouble even with test 3d prints ... Having to fiddle with belt tension, blowers and other shit after hours of printing.
People scared of that shit think it's like a laser printer where you get instant results instead of reality where it takes hours to print a small autism spinner lmao.
>>
>>34007294

Is grade school out already?
>>
>>34008077
You don't get it. 3d printing is a dead end for guns.

Anybody can make slam-bang shotguns with less than 20$ in materials and an hour of time.

There is no economy with 3d printing, you couldn't print anything useable to sell for 50$ and still make minimum wage.
>>
>>34016022
Glad to see you're contributing to the discussion.
>>
>>34016043
what about
>print cheap plastic v0
>clean up imperfections by hand
>form cast
>cast as many metal versions as you like
>???
>sell for profit
>>
>>34016054
shut up kid
>>
>>34016083
>n- nothing personnel or anything...
>>
>>34005585

A prusa costs around 400 euros and can use many kinds of plastics.

Its easy to assemble, easy to maintain, easy to use and easy to expand.

2 years ago it was 600 euros if you wanted to mount it yourself, today they sell them at 400 already mounted and calibrated.

So, yes retarded post.
>>
>>34016043
>3d printing is a dead end for guns.
Wrong, it makes toolroom prototypes miles easier.

Working guns though? That's really limited use.
>>
>>34016072
That's more like it.

People tend to forget 3d printing is meant for quick prototyping, not mass production
>>
>>34008611

For around 600 bucks you can get all of that.

400 for the prusa
100 for being a useless fuck using the prusa and fucking things up while making adjusting the thing(its not complicated... just requires a lot of time and trial and error so skip this if you really know what you are doing)
60-80 bucks for the plastic(there are many plastics to choose from, from nylon to ABS to carbon fiber.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?fst=as:off&rh=k:carbon+fiber+filament,n:230659011,n:16310091,n:!16310161,n:6066126011,n:6066128011&bbn=230659011&keywords=carbon+fiber+filament&ie=UTF8&qid=1464766912&rnid=230659011&linkCode=sl2&tag=all3dp0c-20&linkId=fa761da5dea783827ecf5bd860399a87

5 for something like a firing pin
10 for a recoil spring
Ammo for whatever price people buy .22 or .38 in the US.

So, we have the materials for the body, the firing group, the bolt and if you really want to do it get a barrel or do the rifling yourself from a piece of metal.

Either way, is not rocket science and is nothing that will trigger any alphabet agency atention since springs are inoffensive, firing pins aren't hard to come by and a barrel is optional, so unless they are putting under a watchlist everyone that uses a 3d printer, yes they can.

The real hard part of a 3d printer is time, because holy shit the thing is sensible to even a breeze and takes a effort to make it reliably work.
>>
>>34016206
I think that maybe in a couple of decades the technology could be used for *some* mass production.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.