[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2020 >ATF confiscates my printer and I can no longer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2484.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2484.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>2020
>ATF confiscates my printer and I can no longer print my homework for class

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yZgoG9pIyDM
>>
How long until some /k/ommando type in a logistics position leaks the files?
>>
>>34001146
man, I love rapid prototyping
>>
>>34001184
It's not like it would be very hard to design yourself if you have any CAD skills

The trouble is that you can't just go down to the store a buy a case of grenades to run through it.
>>
that progress-twist rifling looked fuckin sweet, would be cool if that could improve barrel life or increase efficient or whatnot

>>34001665
the problem before that is that SLS metal printers cost hundreds of thousands. If you have that money you could get traditional manufacturing. It is interesting as a prototype but not nearly viable for home users
>>
>>34003321
give it a few more years, maybe we will be living in a time where you can print your gun and ammo at home
>>
Why did they shut it down though?
There`s lots of people everywhere around the world that could simply put some of it at home in the quiet and do it, a lot of places where guns are prohibited.
Not talking about the GL specifically, I mean regular guns and so forth, specially in places where it`s near impossible to get a gun.
>>
>>34005621
Shut what down?
>>
Cool prototyping, man i sure do hope i can get to work at a place like that or something alike when i graduate. I don't really even care about the wage as along as it is enough to support me.
>>
>>34005145
Ammo casings wouldn't hold up to the stress.
>>
>>34007440
???
>>
>>34001146
>2017
>Still forcing the push-break grenade launcher on us

Side break is superior.
>>
>>34008280
I was also confused to see a new m203 instead of an economy american version of the hk320 we've deployed with for a decade
>>
>>34008261
3D printing lays down material in layers. the boundary between these layers are structural week points and are not suitable to contain pressure with
>>
>>34005145

If you have a furnace.
Or if you have a full DMLS/SLS setup with all the explosion, metal fire, and laser hazards that entails.
Or if plastics take a giant fucking leap forwards.

>>34009083

True and also False. Layer adhesion is the weakest point all else being equal, but it may also still not matter. Solid concepts 1911 barrel is DMLS printed and stands up to .45 ACP. Proper material choice and geometry trumps "muh layer adhesion."
>>
>>34009481
no joke i thought the barrel was an off the shelf part. neat to learn so i guess it's a matter of careful design rather then a simple impossibility might require specially designed snowflake calibers
>>
>>34009524

Now to be fair, .45ACP is pretty low on the scale of whoopass peak pressure levels, but they also did not (to my knowledge) change any of the geometry. So until some enterprising soul with a DMLS/SLS rig wants to try taking on something with 5.56 pressures we really cant put it to the test.

...But on that note I expect a 3d printed .38 special would do very well.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.