[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT: Old thread hit bump limit edition Is there any way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 53

File: mfw 2017.png (126KB, 774x510px) Image search: [Google]
mfw 2017.png
126KB, 774x510px
QTDDTOT: Old thread hit bump limit edition

Is there any way an AR can ND from closing the bolt via the bolt release? I'm a little new to my raifu and even though I know how to operate it fine on the range, I'm always a little nervous to close the bolt at home and keep it loaded in case it ND's and puts a hole through my apartment's ceiling/upper neighbor's foot
>>
>>33999670
No
>>
>>33999670
Is there any public land in the Central Valley of CA where I can go shooting? I'm from Oregon but I'm visiting my brother and I was wondering where would be a nice place to shoot unbothered if I brought my uncucked AR
>>
>>33999670
Might be possible, but extremely unlikely. You'd have to have the firing pin stuck in place from gunk, and if it's that bad it may not even go into battery because of the way the firing pin and cam pin interact.
>>
I'm trying to think of the perfect weapon. A jack of all trades. Can be used in any situation. A weapon light and compact enough that I can easily move around a building with it, cleaning room by room. And strong enough that if I put a scope on it, it practically becomes a DMR or even a sniper. It has a light trigger and extremely modular. What do you think /k/?
>>
>>34000245
AR15 in 300blk with side charging handle

done
>>
So .22 has problems feeding from a magazine because of the rim right? Are there any .22-like cartridges that are rimless, and an appropriate handgun to fire them from? I want to get something small for self-defense.
>>
File: 1494241605576-k.jpg (30KB, 319x218px) Image search: [Google]
1494241605576-k.jpg
30KB, 319x218px
>>34000454
.380, or .25ACP

.25acp is probably the smallest common mousegun caliber, and it cycles well thanks to being a conventional primer design with an automatic-style rim, and has similar (slightly better) ballistics than a .22lr. Incredibly enemic but you can find a lot of VERY small guns for it, oftentimes styled after the PPK (such as the infamous Jennings). You can find them cheap because people dont want them, but most of them will also require some gunsmithing to function reliably enough to work as a carry piece. Again, be wary because some designs are real saturday night specials with chincy safety features. There are some defensive .25ACP hollowpoints on the market but again, I'd go bigger if i were you unless it was an emergency underwear-concealment gun.

.380 is basically a shortened 9mm. its another reliable auto cartridge, and has far superior ballistics compared to .22 while still being small and very light. However, considering how many micro 9mms of similar size are being made (such as the beretta Nano), I'd just go up to 9mm if i were you. .380 is slightly better than .38 Special, for comparison.

same with .25acp guns, theres a hell of a lot of cheap saturday night special .380s so watch out. pic somewhat related.
>>
>>34000627
Everything I've read so far about terminal ballistics suggests that bigger bullet =/= more dead so I want to get a smaller caliber in order to have more shots in case I need it.
>>
>>33999670
Which is holiday sales will have the better prices for /k/ related stuff? The Memorial Day sales or The 4th of July sales? I am thinking about picking up a new M-LOK rail or a stripped upper and lower combo.
>>
>>34000283
>.300 blk
No.
>>
>>34000245
AUG with 20" barrel.
>>
>>34000662
Then just get a doublestack 9mm and wear a jacket or something to conceal it.

I dont mean to bring the >stoppin powah meme into this but .22lr, .25acp, and to a lesser extent .380 (which, same diameter as 9mm so same capacity for a given size of magazine) is going to have issues getting through layered clothing, muscle, fat, or merely carrying enough energy to induce hydrostatic shock like a 9mm or bigger can. Yes mag capacity and quick followup shots are important, and thats why the beretta m92fs, glock, and sig sauer are all so popular. You can get easy shooting with a fullsize, balanced gun, and you can get big magazine capacity with doublestack. wanting the gun to be physically smaller is going to cost you in the projectiles reliability to have a desiried effect on the target.
>>
>>34000245
Mossberg shockwave
>>
Why don't militaries accept 5.7mm as the standard handgun cartridge and make more guns for it?
>>
>>33999881
Where you at in Central Valley?
>>
>>34000881
Because they are already heavily invested in their current calibers. Since pistols are low priority in a military, nobody wants to spend the money and effort to replace tried and true with a meme caliber.
>>
>>34000881
NATO tried to standardize on it to replace 9mm, but Germany vetoed becauce ">muh Heckler & Koch" and ">muh own homegrown german 4.6mm round is bettuh"
>>
A shop here is selling a Western Auto Revelation 150 with a 4x32 scope for $100.
Should I hop on that? I've never heard of Western Auto.
>>
File: gun.png (70KB, 168x193px) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
70KB, 168x193px
Anyone know what this is modeling?
>>
>>34000762
>sniper mini shotgun

Dear god I hope you're being ironic
>>
File: ATF.jpg (30KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
ATF.jpg
30KB, 432x648px
>>34000951
Lets say Madera
>>
>>33999670
Yes, but only with a high primer of unusual sensitivity.

In normal conditions, the chances are nil.
>>
>>34000973
It seems that the more people say small and fast is the way to go we aren't getting pistol rounds that compliment that.

>>34000749
There's no evidence to say that hyrdostatic shock even exists.
>>
File: JCL_3146.jpg (75KB, 674x450px) Image search: [Google]
JCL_3146.jpg
75KB, 674x450px
>>34000245
Desert Tech MDR
>>
>>34001130
It seems to be a rebranded Marlin 49. It used to be common for stores to put their own name on other companies' guns and sell them, Sears is the most famous example but Western Auto was a big one too.
>>
>>34001277
It's impossible to get a reasonable pistol round going fast enough using modern propellant technology.
>>
>>34001322
2,000ft/s isn't fast enough?
>>
>>33999670
Highly unlikely.

That being said it's technically possible that a combination of extreme filth or fuckery could result in a firing pin being suck in a forward position, causing an ND when the bolt slams home. Then there's the whole hammer follow thing but thats only possible if you seriously fuck with or got a retardedly out of spec FCU.

So no i wouldn't worry about it, but yes if you don't inspect/clean your firearms at all and the gods of the odds decide to fuck you it could probably theoretically happen. Sames true for most any gun out there though.
>>
>>33999670
It's possible, but only because of a malfunctioning rifle (for clarity, it wouldn't be a ND, it would be a AD). It's like a 1 in a 100 million/ 1 billion kinda odds.But the 4 rules help to mitigate danger. So keep the shooty end in a safe direction when you charge the rifle.
>>
What the fuck is going on legally with armor-piercing ammunition and can I get some or not?
>>
What's the most Phantom Pain tier /operator/ branch of the military?
>>
I'm trying to find a picture I saw posted here once of very LONG shotgun shells. IIRC, it was something about proof loads or something for double barrels, can anyone help me out?
>>
>>34001903

Like, the shells must've been at least 6" or longer and really only meant for break-actions, if that helps.
>>
How have we not shot enough people in history to at least get an accurate idea of what kills people the best?
>>
File: Msbskandmsbsb.jpg (94KB, 800x492px) Image search: [Google]
Msbskandmsbsb.jpg
94KB, 800x492px
>>34000245
An AUG or AR-15 with quick change barrels. Either these or the nearly non-existent Polish FB MSBS.
>>
File: uga3uguq.jpg (128KB, 967x1024px) Image search: [Google]
uga3uguq.jpg
128KB, 967x1024px
>>34001334
Not really, no, especially considering the teensy bullets and absurdly long cartridges involved in producing even that.
>>
>>34001979
If you're talking about muzzle energy I haven't found anything that proves muzzle energy serves any purpose except marketing on the back of ammunition cases.
>>
>>34000283
>.300 memeout

Will this meme never end
>>
>>34001277
Yes there actually is, if you're legitimately interested in the topic there are multiple scholarly sources supporting some sort of hydrostatic shock. In fact Dr. fackler is the only published source(in the journal he edits/controls...) im aware of that takes a hard stance on hydrostatic shock not existing in any way.
>>
>>34001167
It's a famas
>>
>>34002024
Fuck off back into your hole Mr. Courtney.
>>
>>34002024
Just because it exists and can cause pain does not make it reliable as a method of stopping power. As the FBI manual says, the only two guarunteed gun wounds that incapacitate are lethal blood loss or a shot to the central nervous system.
>>
>>34000245

Maybe a convertible AR-10/AR-15 hybrid. Swap out the magazine wells and barrels to go from a 20" DMR in .308 (or better yet, .260 Remington) to a 10.5" SBR in 5.56 (or .300 Memeout or 6.8 if you're so inclined.)

That's something that already "exists" at least. Sure, the MSBS, MDR, or whatever seem fine, but who has them and where can you get them?

Practically, a 16" or 14.5" AR can do everything you mention just fine. If you're a richfag, slap on a SpecterDR, load up some Mk.318, kit it out with some gucci lightweight MLOK forend, and you're set. I don't have any trouble moving around my house with my "M4gery", nor does it seem to be a hindrance at matches (going from "indoors" to "long range" analogues) and I just keep a tiny little RMR on it because I won it and didn't have any other sight "free"/"available" to slap on this particular carbine. I prefer it to my RDB and AUG strangely enough.

Unrelated, but I was thinking of SBR'ing my PS90 and putting in the paperwork for a can for it, then giving it to my gf for her side of the bed for HD since she's literally 5'4" and scrawny af and doesn't like any of my PCC's or SBR's. What do you think, /k/? Good idea, or just tell her to stick with her pistols?
>>
>>34002063
KEK

You probably think that the 8-10 papers showing evidence for remote neurological damage from small arms are all fake. Even though they come from completely different people in completely different countries. Im sure a bunch of random chinese, iraqi, czech, american, and other MDs got together and decided to start some huge conspiracy to support courtney & courtney for dem bullit dividends.

>MFW Facklerites believe anything he says even though his career and personal livelihood is based on his views

>MFW he never even pretends to have looked for neurological trauma as deeply as these other published individuals have(electron microscopy and chemical testing)

Fackler OTOH would look at a slide of dead pig brain with the naked eye and go "yep, no hemorrhage, im right again."

>inb4 appeal to the FBI
>>
>>34002094

Also, for HD, everyone seems to recommend linear comps if going unsuppressed, thoughts?

(P.S., if Marisa still posts here, I don't want your opinion on the PS90, I can already guess what it is.)
>>
>>34002112

I doubt Marisa still posts here. Most of the namefags seemed to have died. Could be wrong though. (RIP McNig)
>>
A lot of people on here claim that Remington, along with every other brand bought out by Cerberus are prone to rusting.

If I cleaned a Remington 870, de-greased it with brake cleaner, then gave it a camo finish with some Rustoleum, wouldn't that solve it?

Also, best WASR-10 mags out there?
>>
>>34002077
Hydrostatic shock exists whether you want it to or not. Whether it's an effective means of stopping an individual with a handgun cartridge or not is an entirely different discussion. Whether it CAN be an influence on if an individual is stopped by a handgun cartridge in one instance is a whole other topic again.

Im not even a self proclaimed expert but rather an individual with an above layman's understanding of anatomy, physiology, and terminal ballistics. it's rather clear that this subject has been poorly studied and understood.
>>
>>34002142
An analogy to hydrostatic shock is when a bomber sinks a ship by "bracketing" it with bombs which land in the water and detonate below the surface. The water transmits force so well it rountinely cave hulls in during WWII. Limpet mines also take advantage of water being nearly incompressible.
>>
>>34001998
Well it depends on the design of the round. Muzzle energy might matter slightly less for a 5.45 compared to a 5.56 due to the yaw vs fragmentation design. Also penetration (unless someone devised a way to make miniature HEAT rounds for handguns).
>>
>>34002219
To me it seems penetration is the best thing you can get in a bullet because it creates two holes to bleed out from and will damage the greatest amount of tissue.
>>
>>34002001
Socom is looking at .300 uppers; the meme is only growing stronger.
>>
>>33999670
The firing pin on an ar15 doesn't have enough mass to set off the primer when the bolt slams home. If you had a super soft primer and you really threw the bolt back (more force going back forward) you could make an ND and I've heard it is possible but I have never heard of it happening.
>>
>>34001167
A handgun... really that has elements of 1911, Beretta model92, and um... wonder nines? I don't know it is a hot mess.
>>
>>34001946
It is hard to do controlled realistic testing. There aren't a lot of places where you can just line people up and shoot them. Also there are a lot of variables. Are you shooting through a car door, a leather jacket and some layers below that? Or just skin? Do you need to worry about what is beyond mr bad guy? Also cost of guns to shoot your new super perfict bullet. It is like saying tires are just some rubber doughnuts why haven't we settled on one tire size for all cars.
>>
>>34002112
If you are inside and shooting a gun without hearing protection you are going to damage your ears. A liner comp will help most of the time a little bit. But shit is still going to suck
>>
>>34002130
That would probably work. Also just try oiling you gun after you clean it.
>>
After so long searching, I finally found a Winchester 1897. It's got the 30 in barrel though and I want to make it into a trenchgun. I can't seem to find anyone selling a shorter barrel. I'm considering chopping the barrel and refinishing the end of the barrel to get my trenchgun. What's /k/'s take on this?
>>
>>34002805
I was thinking it looked like the cz 75d compact, but the dust cover and front serrations are off

just wanted to know if there was something obscure it took after that I didn't know about.
>>
>>33999670
I live in Central Florida. Is there any public land or whatnot where I can take my rifle, go out and fire off a few rounds?
>>
>>34002884
Well obviously the solution is to start making execution by firearm a thing. Why can't Texas do anything right?
>>
Is the SIG P250 Compact in .45 a good first CCW gun?
>>
Not sure if very /k/ related but how much would I pay if I decided to buy full replica gear of some conflict, say, WW2, Vietnam, Desert Storm etc. This includes replica uniform, helmets, boots, vests etc. What price range would I be looking at?
>>
File: 1478809328849.jpg (88KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478809328849.jpg
88KB, 960x960px
>>34003241
Depends on the quality you want. I buy my reenactor shit from hessen antique. Total kit I spent a bit over a grand. I already had a rifle though. A repro rifle can run you 3 to 4 hundred bucks on some models.

Again though, you can do way cheaper. Just depends in what you're using it for. Cheaper stuff will shred itself if you take it into the field. Otherwise you cab go cheap and be pic related at parties
>>
>>34003287
It's mostly for collection but also airshit. Do you think I'll be spending over 1k as well? And thanks.
>>
File: strikefire2.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
strikefire2.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
So let's say I buy a Vortex Strikefire II for my rifle and want to put a killflash on it. Do I just go and get any old 30mm obj killflash and make it work, or is there a specific denotation that I should be looking for? Thanks any and all
>>
>>33999896
>>33999670
You say this but the ar15s imgave, both in 556 & 545 consistently light primer striker on closing of bolt, leaving dents on the primer which is quite frankly horrifying
>>
>>34000662
Those tiny cartridges are not designed for capacity, they are designed for ultracomoacts with very limited capacity
>>
>>34003372
Honestly if you're going to take it out and run around with it I'd buy the quality stuff. Looks real because it is (although not old). Keep in mind though my kit is WWI. A cheaper option is Vietnam. You can pick up era specific uniforms for way cheaper than a Prussian Infantry tunic.

If you were going to pick an era what would it be? That kind of narrows down your price range
>>
>>34001759
US army special forces

Aka green berets aka snake eaters. Really activates the almonds
>>
>>34003445
That'll always happen. The firing pin is a harder material than that of the primer. The force required to detonate the primer, however, is much greater than that of the bolt closing.

Think about this, have you ever heard of an AR cooking off? Because that's what would happen if it was possible to detonate the primer just by chambering a round.
>>
>>34003496
It's still disconcerting when you have an ar15 shooting ammo that it was never designed for if questionable age and quality
>>
>>34003495
Nah senpai that's delta

You know it ain't green berets because theyll admit to being green berets if you know them
>>
>>34003539
>Shooting ammo in a gun not designed for it
>Is horrified and uncomfortable

Maybe go buy some new production Wolf or something, I don't know
>>
>>34003539

Then don't shoot sketchy ammo?

It's hardly the rifle's fault if you feed it questionable ammunition.
>>
>>34001290

>Vaporware

I'll believe it when I can hold it in my own two hands. Until then I'm going to assume it will go the same way as the Masada/ACR
>>
>>34003496
8 joules to set off a hard military primer. Much less energy than the bolt closing has. This is why you get slamfires when the firing pin is stuck fowards.
The AR has a faily light pin so it has a much lower risk of slamfiring than something like an SKS.
>>
>>34003562
All Tula is questionable.
>>
>>34001207
panoche hills near firebaugh
>>
>>33999670
an update from last thread.

I had ordered that Rossi 92 and waited months.

Visited the gun store with the receipt, met with the guy who normally does the special orders. Very apologetic, showed me that they had tried to contact Rossi on a near daily basis (i'm one of a few people waiting apparently) and they had nothing. Apparently, something is fucked up with Rossi's import paperwork or something since they got bought by Taurus.

At any rate, they refunded all the cash and were helpful in researching other options. After a lot of discussion I decided to go with the Henry Big Boy 16.5" steel carbine, and they placed the order with a discount due to my trouble. So now i'm getting the Henry for about $600 brand new, which isn't a bad price at all.
>>
>>34003219
probably not as a first carry gun, but almost anything Sig makes is good otherwise

>pricey
>larger than other options (G43/42, S&W shield)
>less capacity and .45 compacts have lots of recoil
>pricey
>newest production was 2009
>>
>tfw moving
>tfw gotta sell some funz to pay for muh baiku
>tfw guns aren't selling
>tfw probably won't be able to bring them with me for legal/logistical reasons

fug

this isn't even really a question, I just couldn't sleep for worrying about it
>>
>>34004099
What state?
>>
>>34004124
to CA. Yeah, yeah, I know.
>>
>>34004099
What kinda funs you got? You try showing them on the BST threads?
>>
>>34004136
From where? If you're in the Houston area and you have something I'm interested I'll buy it from you.
>>
>>34004139
2 AR builds (got a guy interested in 1, maybe) spikes/bravo/cmmg tier, iron sights
I'll check that out, thanks for the heads-up.

>>34004156
IL unfortunately, thanks for the offer though man.
>>
File: vmacbrace (1 of 1).jpg (127KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
vmacbrace (1 of 1).jpg
127KB, 1000x540px
How bad do MAC-10/11 semi-auto only clones suck? Pic rel can attach an AR-15 buffer tube, so if you were to Form 1 the thing, it *might* be possible to add a slide fire stock to it, or design one that can attach to it.
What does /k/ think?
>>
>>34004225
They're fun guns.
Stop expecting more than that
>>
>>34004225
MACs are more expensive than they used to be, but there's still no excuse for not just saving up for a real one.
>>
>>34004242
How much do those go for? 5k?
>>
>>34004242
Because the MAC-10 was designed to be a cheaply made stamped subgun to provide good firepower for cheap, not to be a $6000 gun because of inflation and stupid liberals. I don't want to jump through a million hoops and take out a loan for a bit of fun. I just want an alternative for cheaper.
>>34004239
I was just asking if they were as bad as some say they are. Don't want a chinese clone breaking a piece that I can't replace because it's a clone. I don't know if the Masterpiece Arms are any better than the VMACs or not.
>>
>>34004272
mpa a best.
The ones before they started adding railz and tacticoolness to everything at least.
Dunno if they started cheaping out on things at that point as I bought on;'y the originals but it seems like the point it'd happen
>>
I've only ever bought funs from muh LGS here in leafland, but jfc I'm getting sick of the prices whenever I look around for used guns online.
What's the procedure for buying a used gun online here?
>>
>>34003433
bump pls
>>
>>34003570
ah yeah man, you're right. I was trying to describe how the floating firing pin itself doesn't have enough mass to hit with that much force. Good catch.
>>
Im trying to remove a muzzle brake that was put on with locktite. Even though I've turned it offward for two rotations, the damn thing is incredibly stuck. I cant remove it any further

Already decided to take it to a gunsmith before I do something retarded.

I couldnt have stripped my threading could I?
>>
File: IMG_2039.jpg (1020KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2039.jpg
1020KB, 3264x2448px
>>34004902
pic
>>
>>33999670
Are OSS silencers actually any good?

They look fancy and they obviously put money into their advertsiing but how do they compare to tradition cans in effectiveness?
>>
>>34004902
Heat gun/blow torch
Open-end adjustable wrench
Rubber Mallet
Small rag

Place rag on brake, size wrench to brake. Take the wrench off and put the rag inside the wrench head, leave for later. Heat up the threads with the torch/heatgun til it gets too hot to touch but before it starts glowing. Quickly attach rag and wrench to the brake and tighten down wrench. Use rubber mallet to pop the wrench until it comes off.
Use as a last resort, don't do it until after consulting the smith, though.
>>
>>34004936
No thanks man Id rather dremel the fucker off before doing all that insanity
>>
Is there a newby ar starter dump that i can visit and learn about? Retailers, quality control, and the gun itself?

Essentially AR 101 ?
>>
>>34005176
>gun itself
Wikipedia
>retailers
Pretty much any website or store that carries guns themselves will have AR-15 components. If you want to know more about the specific manufacturers, google "ar-15 parts" or "best ar-15 manufacturers" or "best ar-15 parts makers" and do your own research.
>quality control
Any part that is not milspec could be subject to QC, but milspec is milspec. A $50 Anderson milspec lower receiver will be the same as a $200 Noveske milspec lower receiver. It really depends on what kind of part it is, and whether or not it is milspec (military specification). Do your research on each one, but I'll spoonfeed you a few.
>handguards, grips, stocks, and attachments: Magpul, Hogue, Midwest, Troy, BCM
>receivers, barrels, bolt carriers: Anderson (low end), Spike's Tactical (middle), BCM, Daniel Defense, Faxon (high end)
>triggers: Geissele, Spike's Tactical, Timney, Rock River
>pre-built guns: S&W M&P-15, Ruger AR556 or Sport 2, Daniel Defense, Cobalt Kinetics, Colt 6920, Stag Arms, Aero Precision
Keep in mind, building your own is always more custom and will help you become more familiar with the rifle platform. If you aren't technically inclined enough, most gunsmiths nowadays will have AR-15 building services, and some may even let you watch and teach you how it works (but that depends on your local smiths).
>>
>>34000245
Desert tech MDR or a bullpup SCAR that's ambi (forward/downward ejecting)
>>
>>33999896
The firing pin wouldn't hit the primer if that happened, it would slide over the top of the round and cause a jam.
>>
>>33999670
Wow now that's got to be one of the worst low effort b8 strawmen i've ever seen

>democracy is inherently socialist
>actual libertardian argument used by a national SOCIALIST

Step your b8 up my man
>>
>>34004009

How is the .40 version of them then
>>
>>34002244
One straight line through the body vs a round that flattens and tumbles as it travels, creating huge wound cavities and causing near impossible to stop hemorrhaging

The idea for handgun and intermediate cartridges is to deposit all of the force in the person. The bullet doesnt have to exit the body to cause more bleeding, you'll die quicker from internal bleeding if there's a bigger hole
>>
File: EDC 2017.jpg (143KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
EDC 2017.jpg
143KB, 854x640px
>>33999670
Why do people blur out the serial numbers on their guns?

Should I be doing this too?
>>
Is it true you gotta change the stock and trigger of your m700 and get a 1000$+ scope if you want to improve accuracy ?
Sounds like a bother to me and my billfold
>>
Can't find a current military enlistment thread so here it goes...

I'm 32 and considering enlisting in the Army. I know I know. After getting my college degree and trying to work with that, I found I am not passionate about it any longer. I always wanted to serve deep down and now I want to take advantage before I'm too old and regret not doing it.

I talked to a recruiter and they gave me a run down of MOS with enlistment bonuses. These are the ones I'm interested in. Any advice? Also, looking to pick something that would help with with a civilian job in the future.

12N Horizontal Construction Engineer
35G Geospatial Intelligence Imagery Analyst
68R Veterinary Food Inspection Specialist
94E Radio and Communications Security (COMSEC) Repairer
>>
>>34005565
Unless you're planning a crime, no.
>>
Double stack magazines for rimmed cartridges are easy to do, prove me wrong:
>Magazine puts cartridges at an angle to separate rims from each other in their columns
>Rims of cartridges fit into slots on either side of magazine body to ensure they don't move forward or back
>one column of cartridges is a little further forward than the other, to keep its rims separate
That's all you need to do, no?
>>
>>34006490
Do they layer?
|
|
|

Or do they alternate
|
|
|
|

Because the first one means you need as many "slots" cust as you have cartridges.

And the second means when you feed you're still going to get rim contact every second round.
>>
>>34006561
Damn it.
|
.|
..|
...|

vs.

|
.|
|
.|
>>
>>34006567
There would only be two slots, continuing down the full length of the magazine body. They would be much wider than the overall width of the cartridge rims, because they need to fit the rims of cartridges positioned at an angle. The cartridges are angled to put the rims of each cartridge ahead of the rim of the cartridge below it (single stack .22 pistol mags, for example, do the same thing)
>>
File: 14952082535651115144667.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
14952082535651115144667.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Is there any items I should be worried about while I'm eating pic related?
Applesauce? Vegetable crackers? Anything?
>>
>>33999670

THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY FOR ANY GUN TO GO OFF BY ACCIDENT

some piece could be broken or worn out, some crap in the chamber, some messed up ammo
>>
>>34006843

I know veggie crackers are delicious and that some of the newer MREs have chocolate peanut butter in them.
>>
>>34005565
If you want to be identified by the ATF agent resident and then arrested for your nazist, facist views, yes
>>
Dude in Texas wants to buy my Vz.2008.

He wants to send me a certified check for my asking price and then once it clears he wants me to send the rifle to his FFL.

On a level of 1 to shady as fuck, what would you rate that as? Think it's legit?
>>
File: 1493297789554.gif (3MB, 450x251px) Image search: [Google]
1493297789554.gif
3MB, 450x251px
>>33999670
Can some explain to me all the spouting off, probably by vatniks, that the m1 Abrams is actually not a tank but a glorified tank destroyer?
>>
>>34007478

if you get the $$ who cares ? let some local FFL dealer do the shipping, insure it, get tracking number etc
>>
>>34002001
Within 400 yards it actually might be the answer. For it to make sense you need to run it suppressed and carry sub and super rounds but it really is a jack of all trades to a point. You just have to open your mind to it and let the memes roll in.
>>
East German night sights; Are they worth it?
>>
>>34001903
>>34001943

Please answer ;~;
>>
>>34000245
>AR-15
>16-18" free-floated 1:8 barrel
>Mid-length or rifle gas system
>Variable power optic
>Match trigger and ammo
Basically a 5.56mm recce rifle or SPR.
With 77gr ammo you can fuck people up at like 700 yards if you're good and practice enough.
>>
>>34008560
.410 is pretty long. I think 10 ga might be too.
>>34008561
AR-15 might be one of the best platforms out there, but 16" barrel for CQB a shit. If we could have an ambi bullpup 5.56 or .300 Memeout suppressed to run alongside then I would agree. Something like the MDR or RDB, if the MDR wasn't Vaporware and the RDB wasn't made by Shit-Tec
>>
>>34008659
>but 16" barrel for CQB a shit.

Says you. I have no problems with it in my house, truck, or at matches.

> if the MDR wasn't Vaporware and the RDB wasn't made by Shit-Tec

Agree about MDR, but LelKek dindu nuffin', they good boys. I love my RDB, and I generally dislike bullpups.

Unrelated to you, but what're some of you guy's opinions' on NATO-length AK stocks? What're some of the good ones? (Preferably wood)
>>
Is there an up to date list somewhere of states with the best gun laws? Looking for the most based states in the mid/northwest.
>>
>>34009712
http://gunlawscorecard.org/
Keep in mind that in majority-white states like Montana, a high "gun death rate" typically means lots of suicides.
>>
>>34004925
They're loud and have a tendency to overheat and explode.
>>
>>34005616
A $$$$ scope never made anybody less accurate, but in general waht you really need is to git gud.
>>
>>34008746
>NATO-length AK stocks
nyet; rifle is fine
>>
>>34007478
With a certified check you need to be careful because it can take up to several months to spot a fraud. The best thing you can do upon receiving the check would be to call the issuing bank. If they say it's legit, it's legit. The only way a purchaser of a bank check can get the money back is if it's lost or stolen (e.g. not cashed for several months). You can discuss this possibility with the representative over the phone.
>>
>>34010974
No, nix that I confused certified check with a bank check. A certified check should clear relatively quickly. Talk to your bank about how long this could take. They get these questions all the time and should help you make sure everything is legitimate.
>>
File: 1489820101234.jpg (67KB, 907x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489820101234.jpg
67KB, 907x1024px
Are detachable carry handles with A1 style sights a thing? I really want to primarily use a carry handle on an AR, but I can't stand the match comp bullshit of A2 sights and have had bad experiences with the stupid little wheel getting knocked out of adjustment without me noticing.

I know I could just do a fixed rear sight, but I like the aesthetic of a carry handle.
>>
Why don't they make full length Jericho's in .45 ACP? Every other type of Jericho comes in .45, but the F only comes in .40 and 9mm. FS is the closest you can get.
You'd think such a tank of a pistol would be perfectly suited for .45 and the smaller ones would be better for 9mm and .40, but apparently they got it the other way around.
>>
>>34008746
I meant 16" on a traditional rifle. A 16" barrel bullpup will be overall shorter than a 16" AR-15.
Kel-Tec has terrible QC. I wouldn't spend my dollarydoos on one to have to send it back 3 times.
>NATO-length stock
Most would say rifle is fine, but I have longer arms and the Warsaw AK-stocks make me feel like a giant and cramps my arms. Go for it.
>>
>>34011000
http://www.cncguns.com/misc.html
>>
Good rear sights for ar15 besides magpul with no drift?
>>
>>34010619
>Permit-less carry is bad
>Background checks are good
>Muh cool down time for purchases
Fuck off, you retarded libshit scum. I ask for a site listing best gun laws and you link me this fucking mom's demand action tier dog shit.
>>
>>34011226
>I meant 16" on a traditional rifle.

I did too. I don't find 16" AR's trouble indoors at all really.

As for the stocks, what're some of /k/'s "top brands"?

>but I have longer arms and the Warsaw AK-stocks make me feel like a giant and cramps my arms

Pretty much same. Most of the time I've got my AR stocks fully, or near-to-fully extended too. One of the reasons I'm not so keen on bullpups is the LOP and/or lack of (easy) adjustment. Perhaps it's my stance or something?
>>
>>34006490
>>34006648
Fire up paint and sketch it for us, Broseph.

Because the problem I see is that any double stack is going to have rim overlap because the bodies of the cartridges have to touch.

The rims of 1st cartridge in the second stack will overlap the rims of the 1st and 2nd cartridge in the first stack if there only 2 slots
>>
What's the name of that site with all of the cheap, shitty knives and other weird melee weapons again? The one we make fun of?
>>
File: spoonfeeding.jpg (86KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeeding.jpg
86KB, 507x338px
>>34012564
Just substitute "good" for "bad" and it's exactly what you asked for.
Your next line is, "I was only pretending to be retarded!"
>>
>>34012705
Cold Steel?
>>
Any opinions on the differences between slide-fire stocks? Really want one because I can't afford a mortgage to get a real transferable M4, and most seem more available and more consistent than a binary trigger.
Mainly looking at the DefendAR-15 and SSAR, I know there are others out there like the sub-$100 ones, but I don't know of any specific models/brands other than the above.
Also, is the Magpul D60 worth it? Are there any other good AR drum mags on the market that aren't $200?
>>
>>34012877
Bump-fire stocks are inherently less consistent than binary triggers because they work based on the gun bouncing back and forth against your finger and as such are dependent on holding the gun a particular way for it to work at all.
No, the Magpul D60 and Surefire MAG5-60 are basically the only games in town for good high capacity mags.
>>
>>34012948
Hmm. Literally all the videos I have seen, everyone says slide fire are more consistent. Both require practice obviously. Guess I won't know until I have shot one or own one.
The other problem is availability. Fostech Echos and Franklin BFS3s are out of stock everywhere, while slide fire stocks are consistently in stock. I've also heard that the Franklins cause hammer follow.
Guess I'll be getting the Magpul. 60 rounds with either slide fire or binary sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.
>>
>>34012729

No, the one that has dumb Wolverine claws and those forearm blades and stuff. It had gear from a bunch of brands, though, so it probably had Cold Steel stuff too.
>>
>>34012877
I'd get the binary trigger and also parts for a full auto conversion for shtf.
>>
>>34012988
The Surefire fits in normal mag pouches and is much harder to accidentally break.
>>
>>34013007
Full auto for SHTF doesn't sound very practical when ammo is going to be rare as fuck. Binary increases fire rate while being more controllable.
Also, I don't know if that is a very good idea to purchase parts while owning an AR without the proper legal channels. Don't want to take risks like that.
>>
>>34013054
But the Surefire is unreliable as hell. If I had a bullpup, maybe.
>>
>>34004902
>>34004910
What type of loctite? Is this an AR?
Before getting too drastic or shelling out cash for someone else to look at it boil a pot of water and hold the muzzle over the steam. Set the upper in a vice and insert a screwdriver through the holes of the muzzle brake from one side to the other. Two hands and use strong smooth motion to break it free. Could be catching on some carbon buildup.
>>
>>34003625
thanks...

What are the laws in CA for out of staters shooting their uncucked guns at a range?
>>
>>34010946
Bullshit, the only ones that exploded were the prototype ones they gave the DOD to destructively test a fair while ago.

>>34004925
To actually answer your question competently,
The blowback is significantly better than traditional cans. For many users this won't matter much and it has no real effect bolt action rifles. It does make them very comfy to shoot though and nice for rifles with finicky gas systems.

Wrt to sound reduction, honestly they're on par with the rest of the market, make sure when you compare performance, that you are comparing the same measurement locations. OSS uses sound at the shooters ear I think, others use 1m from muzzle horizontal, etc. Make sure they're the same metric.

Overall they're expensive for what they are, so if you just want sound reduction there are better choices on the market. If the issues in the first paragraph are important to you, then consider it. For the average shooter, it's not going to matter though.
>>
Someone just gave me a Cobray M11 9mm with barrel extension and 6 clips some metal others plastic. The thing is the barrel extender is ported compared to all the pictures I've seen with a solid version.

Is this weapon any good or should I try to sell it? All the videos I've seen say this guy is a pain in the ass
>>
>>34007478
When the check comes for too much money walk away. If somehow that doesn't happen, call the issuing bank as well as yours. If everything seems cool, cash the check and send the VZ directly to my home address.
>>
File: get the jumper cables.jpg (95KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
get the jumper cables.jpg
95KB, 1100x619px
>>34012716
>Site shows how states rank on their arbitrary list of "good" gun laws
>In any way what I asked for
End your life.
>>
>>34013265
>gave you
Please tell me he went through the legal hoops and did a transfer.
>M11
Does it have a giggle switch? If so you might want to be extra careful, I have no idea what the laws are for gift transfer of machineguns if the second party doesn't have the right licenses.
>clips
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MAGAZINES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34013399
Yes the transfer was done so no worry on that...I don't see any actual fun switch just safe and fire..it does say semi though so I'm thinking it's not one of the fun ones. Excuse my misunderstanding on the correct terminology.
>>
File: MAC11.jpg (326KB, 2403x2359px) Image search: [Google]
MAC11.jpg
326KB, 2403x2359px
>>34013450
There are so many different versions of the MAC-11 and MAC-10 because so many brands copied it, its silly, and each one has a different design.
But, typically, the safety is near the trigger guard, and the selector is near the muzzle. From Google Images I can't see the trigger guard safety on the Cobray versions but really who knows...
>>
>>34013137
That was just a problem with the first run; the new ones are fine.
>>
Hello /k/, I really need a quick rundown on how to into shotgun ammunition. I'll list what I know, which isn't much, so please correct me.

Three types of shotgun ammo- birdshot, buckshot, and slug. Birdshot is a load of tiny pellets for, as the name implies shooting birds, buckshot is medium sized with 8 or 9 pellets in it, and slug is just one big bullet. There's two common gauges of shotgun ammunition; 12 gauge and 20 gauge. The way a shotgun bore is measured is in gauge. If you had a pound of lead and divided it into 12 different equal piles, you'd get one pellet of 12 gauge, same for 20 gauge, meaning a 20 gauge pellet is actually smaller. The larger the gauge the smaller the bore. You can also measure sizes in bore itself, like 410 ammo (but 410 means it'd be like .45 caliber? i dunno). Also he said that how shell lengths are measured is retarded.
Dram. 447 grains to make an ounce. A dram is 20(?) grains. But some shotgun shells label themselves as having 70~ grains of propellant?The guy I talked to about this mentioned BBs (is that supposed to be a reference to bb guns or something?) and diameter of shot if that helps, but I didn't really catch it all kek.

Honestly I didn't need to type all that out. Just, could someone give me a basic rundown on shotgun ammo please?
>>
Going to buy my first firearm (Pistol) in the first week of June. I'm pretty set on a Smith and Wesson M&P 9 compact.

Is this a good choice for first Pistol and an eventual CCW?

I have shot guns since I was 7.
Old .22lr, Actual WWII Luger, .45 Revolver, Taurus 9mm pistol to be exact.

Handled them all well enough considering my age and size.

Any thoughts?
>>
File: image002.jpg (44KB, 576x441px) Image search: [Google]
image002.jpg
44KB, 576x441px
>>34013696
just consult Wikipedia

>>34013733
M&Ps are fine.
"Compact" M&Ps are an awkward in-between size that's not as effortlessly concealable as a subcompact Glock, but not big enough to get a full grip on or accommodate a normal weaponlight.
They're not bad, they're just neither fish nor fowl.
>>
File: dat angle.jpg (17KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
dat angle.jpg
17KB, 550x550px
>>34012684
I'm having a bit of a trouble thinking of how to represent it in a sketch, I think it's better to just explain.
To avoid rim lock in a single stack magazine, they are often angled so that each rim is at a different position horizontally and they don't touch. So you make a double stack magazine that's angled this way. One stack of rounds in the magazine must be ahead slightly of the other, so that their rims don't touch that row. This doesn't affect feeding of the stack further back because the angled magazine pushes each bullet rim in that row ahead of the bullet in the row below it pushed slightly ahead. Both sides have simple slots where the angled rounds fit into, to keep everything where it should be.
>>
>>34013733
Don't buy the first gen, only buy the 2.0. The 1.0s had huge reliability problems. I personally hate the gun due to the grip angle, grip profile, iron sights, felt recoil, and unreliability, but I guess they make good alternatives to the Glock 19, if you're desperate. The 19 will be more customizable, but will suck out of the box. The S&W will suck out of the box, but can be upgraded (albeit, more expensively than the Glock) to have a better trigger than the Glock ever will.
If you're going to get a polymer striker, the Sig P320 is probably the best overall. The modularity, Sig quality, and great trigger are perfect, while not being much more than the M&P or the Glock.
>>
File: ProMag-Archangel-Nomad-Stock.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ProMag-Archangel-Nomad-Stock.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>33999670
If i get this conversion kit, am i autistic?
>>
>>34013820
does 9c have a 2.0?
>>
>>34013855
I dunno, all I know is the M&P 2.0 came out recently so I would imagine that the whole line got an update.
>>
>>34013820
>but will suck out of the box
Debatable.
The sights are bad, granted, and the slide release is small and hard to use (if you're a "thumb the slide release" guy), but other than that I can easily imagine a shooter with exceptional restraint keeping their 19 totally stock.
>>
>>34013875
Not seeing any M&P 9 Compact 2.0's
I am aware of the full size ones having a 2.0, which I would get over Gen 1.

I've seen and read nothing but good things about the compact, I wonder if the compact version didn't have the same problems as the full size M&P 9.
>>
>>34013885
>I've seen and read nothing but good things about the compact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YikT-6EshI
>>
Is the WA2000 a meme or is it actually good? Its been my raifu for years and I need to know if I should get one or not.
>>
>>34013918
>raifu
>doesn't actually own it
What are you doing go buy one right now
>>
>>34013918
It's objectively a good rifle for its intended purpose, but it's still very 70s and mostly a meme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_av1zBdnxXY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgrVdNqfDfA
>>
File: 20170416_035623.jpg (1MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170416_035623.jpg
1MB, 3264x1840px
My Winchester 94 has FTE issues. Is changing the extractor myself doable? Or should I just take it to a gunsmith from the get go?
>>
how far away should i get when shooting steel to be safe?
>>
>>34014036
Should have taken it back to get a bolt or semi-auto by now.
Just take to the damn gunsmith.
>>34014176
Frangibles? 3 yards. Hollow point, flat point? 8 yards. FMJ, bimetal, steel? 10 yards
>>
has anyone cut down a polymer holster to make it fit a compact length wise? is there anyreason not to do this?
>>
>>34014609
Does it not already fit?
>>
File: swiffer360951495299989949.jpg (11KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
swiffer360951495299989949.jpg
11KB, 450x450px
>>34000245
>Cleaning room by room
>>
>>34000245
Be sure to tape a second trauma plate to your back, dipshit.
>>
File: 1488242395067.jpg (72KB, 1372x1818px) Image search: [Google]
1488242395067.jpg
72KB, 1372x1818px
So, I've had this 7.62x54R ammo for a while and I've been trying to find out shit about it.

The Red / Black tipped is incendiary/armour piercing from what I've gathered.

But what the fuck is the yellow tipped? Something, something Lead balled?
(Can it be used for hunting? I can't find any SP in my country)

Yellow markings: 60/35
Red & Black markings: 17/51
>>
File: 1480377376663.jpg (33KB, 564x451px) Image search: [Google]
1480377376663.jpg
33KB, 564x451px
Can air guns/CO2 pistols actually help with learning the basic fundamentals of handguns for someone just getting into shooting? I try to go to the range often, but my plans don't always guarantee I can get some trigger time in.
>>
>>34017062
Gas blowback airsoft guns can definitely teach you some fundamentals, especially if you get the same model as your real steel counterpart. It can help you practice the controls of your gun, reloading, and maneuvering or drawing. I can't say it can improve accuracy because of the projectile and because the trigger probably won't be the same as your real steel gun. But I believe them to be fun, cheap alternatives that can be used to practice in your backyard or basement if you can't afford the time or cost of an actual range.
>>
>>34017099
Thanks. And yeah, I'm not so much talking about becoming dead-eye accurate, but more along the lines of proper sight alignment, trigger pulls, controls, etc. Bought my first handgun in late 2015, but I've only been to the range sporadically. I'd like to take a Basic Pistol class one day when I can free up the time.
>>
What's the best place to find actual combat quality medieval weapons and armor? I have been looking at medievalcollectibles.com and they have some weapons and armor that are claimed to be "battle ready" or "SCA quality" and such, but I am not really sure if that's true or not.

I was originally looking for a decent mace and chainmail, but frankly I am finding it hard to figure out what is actually worth buying and what is just complete shit that would break if you dropped it.
>>
File: 1493870179694.jpg (1000KB, 1500x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1493870179694.jpg
1000KB, 1500x1010px
bit offtopic but
>Requesting the screenscaps of the anon with all his fathers guns, that he inhertited. Like the M2, the H&K future shit and his cowboy cannon

>pls
>>
File: god loot part 1.jpg (3MB, 1169x10000px) Image search: [Google]
god loot part 1.jpg
3MB, 1169x10000px
>>34017618
>>
File: god loot part 2.jpg (2MB, 1116x10000px) Image search: [Google]
god loot part 2.jpg
2MB, 1116x10000px
>>34017737
>>
File: god loot part 3.jpg (1MB, 1226x6065px) Image search: [Google]
god loot part 3.jpg
1MB, 1226x6065px
>>34017749
sorry for the shit quality but these .jpg versions are the only ones I have
>>
Where is the cheapest place to buy a CZ 805 Bren?
>>
Anyone have that big long picture about a guy's experiences in a cut off city during the Balkan wars? He talks about all sorts of crazy shit like being not allowed to leave, snipers and having to shoot AKs out of his house to defend from looters.
>>
>>34017737
>>34017749
>>34017761
Is there more? Not showing the HK21 is too much of a cliffhanger
>>
Can rails on handguns impact how smoothly it draws from it's holster? Do they even produce the risk of getting snagged?

pic unrelated
>>
>>34000245
nuke with a deadman switch. because its MAD MAD MAD world out there.
>>
I have a W. German P220 with 4 magazines in 90% condition hat I posted on the local classifieds for sale or trade.

I have been offered an FNP 45, with 3 magazines.

And an NHM 91 AK

Are either of these worth my time?
>>
>>34018401
Also interested in this
>>
/k/ don't hurt me but around 2 years ago I saw a /k/ommando post a guy with a pumpkin as a head and everyone got shot while posting what's the name of the pumpkin guy?
>>
>>34018831
Depends on the quality of the holster and how it's shaped, but generally no.
>>
>>34019991
NHM 91 is essentially a Chinese RPK. If you're a burger then there's no more Norinco coming into the country. It's a damned good rifle as far as AKs go.
>>
What handgun should I get if I want to LARP as a Prohibition era gangster?
>>
>>34020745
Colt 1903 or a snubby S&W .38 special
>>
Is it possible to make a Mk. 22 (hush puppy) clone by ordering the parts off the internet, or is it something you'd need to pay a gunsmith to do? I'd be happy with just the raised sights and the threaded barrel, but I haven't seen them for sale anywhere online. It seems like S&W 39s and 59s are cheap and easy to get, but there aren't really any ways to get the barrel or sights without making them yourself or paying someone to make them for you.
>>
>>34001167
Kind of looks like a tokarev tt-33
>>
>>34013885
I have a M&P9c, had it for about a year so, don't know what "gen" it is but it shoots perfectly fine, zero problems whatsoever, love it.

Honestly the best thing you can do is find a gun store and fingerfuck as many diff models that you've narrowed it down to, as you can.

There have been several guns I was deadseat on buying based on what I was looking at on paper, but actually felt like dogshit in my hand when I got to fingerfuck one.

Everyone's different, the 9c fits my hand like a glove whereas glocks just feel awkward.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (512KB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
512KB, 1504x1000px
>At the range
>shooting .22 handgun (SR22)
>blastin mag after mag, mag fairy gf keeping me topped off
>range goes cold
>run out to check water bottle targets I was shooting at
>notice monarch butterfly sitting on the ground lazily flapping it's wings near one of the ventilated bottles
>look more closely
>it's right wing has been shredded from about midpoint to the tip, exterior is dangling by the bottom half
>stomp it and continue setting up more water bottles
Is /k/ proud of my first kill?
Pic related: the area that was shot
>>
Does anyone have that one picture of all of the NFA classifications?
>>
>>34021723
worse than Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, and Talaat combined into Genocide Voltron/10
>>
/k/ I am in a bit of a pickle.

I really want a new gun for CCW, but I want to try it before I decide if whether or not I truly want it. I am even willing to pay for it but virtually no store around me is willing to do returns on guns. And I don't want to go through the hassle of an auction to dump it if I don't like it.

What would you say is my best course of action here?
>>
>>34021890
>virtually no store around me is willing to do returns on guns
The LGS I go to has a no questions asked 7-day return policy on used guns. Have you tried asking pawn shops?
>>
>>34021912

I doubt many pawn shops will special order a gun for someone. Though I've never bought one from there, so I'm just working off the assumption of how sleazy most of those places are.
>>
>>34022017
I'll never go anywhere else, they'll haggle like 25% off sticker on their used and they'll always throw in free extras.

I'm absolutely confident they'd special order something if I asked, but they have a HUGE inventory all the time anyway. It's not a hole in the wall type place, they are the largest retailer of firearms in the state. They've got like 1400 guns in inventory right now
>>
>>34022037

Damn, that's a lot different from the pawn shops I am used to dealing with. These places are literal hole in the wall deals, or they don't buy/sell guns at all with the few larger places that do exist near me. Most the shops that aren't literally fifty miles away have less square footage that you can walk around in than my bedroom. This is why I'd be surprised if such a place did do special orders, but maybe things are different near him.
>>
Where can I find a cheap bayonet for a K98 and a sling aswell
>>
What /k/ approved countries are there besides the US? For the most part the US isn't bad, but the NFA, FOPA '86, etc ruin all the fun. So what other countries are there that have lax gun and knife laws?
Requirements:
>no restrictions on automatic/assisted/gravity knives
>no restrictions on blade length
>no unreasonable restrictions on barrel length, ie barrel must be at least 2" on rifles, only seems fair because a 2" rifle would be fucking useless, but not cucked like the US' 16" for rifles and 18 for shotguns, etc
>full-auto is less restricted and less expensive, ie can be recently made and doesn't cost a couple grand
>guns like the Armsel Protecta aren't "destructive devices" or other silly rulings
>decent cost of living, nothing insane like Commiefornia or Hawaii
>>
>>34021890
have you checked ranges around where you live and see if one has any of the guns you're looking at for rent?

You could always buy it and sell it on armslist or something if you hate it. Just remember to list it for the price you paid plus 20%, then let whoever is buying it haggle down to what you paid. You get all your dosh back and he feels like he made a good deal.
>>
>>34013210
btfo out of staters
>>
>>34022695
Wartorn African nations, as /k/ as they get
>No laws
>No regulations
>Cost of living is almost nothing
>Guns everywhere
>Get lots of real world experience
>Start private militia to fund more gun buying
>Become Big Boss
>>
>>34017761
Thank you man
>>
Anyone heard anything about the new ATI MP40 clones in 9mm? Does ATI usually make shit?
>>
>>34017749

>laugh at the Luger
>in hysterics at the Gyrojet
>fucking can't breathe at the FUCKING 0013 MP5K

I have to wonder who the fuck this guy was. It's one thing that he had the money for all this shit, but also the connections to buy such rare weapons, and on top of that at such early points in their production. It almost seems like we're missing another story entirely. You don't just fucking buy HK21E for instance.
>>
New to guns and I'm getting my first one soon. What's the difference and pros and cons of a safety and a decocker?
>>
Does anyone know where one could come across a 1911 parts kit for less than highway robbery prices?
>>
>>34023979
Google has better answers than any of us, and doesn't waste our time. But basically safeties aren't popular these days because they can accidentally switch off and of you screw up flicking it on draw you're fucked. Decockers are all the rage because they have none of these flaws, but you have to deal with that DA pull.
>>
>>34023979
Safety;
>sure bet the gun won't fire, though with modern holsters that cover the trigger this is a moot point
>That's about it
Decocker;
>Double action on first trigger pull, switches to single action for every subsequent round fired
>gun WILL fire if booger hook pulls bang switch but previous point on modern holsters applies here, as well as exercising common sense and good judgement
>>
>>34000245
Literally any semi-auto in an intermediate caliber with a detachable magazine.
>>
Was having a discussion with a liberal friend who insists that in a state with cucked gun laws (ei California), you can get consent from local police departments to circumvent these laws, that is capped magazines, pistol grips, bolt releases etc. Is this true?
>>
>>34025735
Yes, you could probably bribe, lean on, or otherwise corruptly influence the Cuckville PD to look the other way just like with any other law.
That's how people get CCW permits in NYC, for example.
However, the fact that you have to ask strongly suggests that you aren't in the social echelon that could pull that sort of thing off.
>>
>>34023979
get a glock 19
>>
>>34025777
We're both middle class living in Northern NJ, well within New York's blanket.

I'd like to move out at some point very much but, nice car comes first.

Excellent digits you've got there
>>
I just got into ARs with a SW15 Sport2.
I've been hitting the range with it like crazy for a few months now, starting to feel like I know it pretty well inside and out.
Now, what should I do with it? I like the idea of a short lightweight minimalist carbine with a carry handle, but I don't know what's true and what's memespeak when it comes to good accessories and good companies. I mean, do I really need a new bcg, and which one looks the coolest while working the best? Is it a big deal that the standard out of the box hand guards don't have an aluminum heat shield? Is Geisselle really the ultimate trigger? What about Timmany or whatever they're called?
>>
>>34025849
you dont really need anything. if you do feel like modding, you might be better off starting from scratch with a new upper. the reason being it usually gets to the point where you replace almost everything and you have all these old parts laying around. the ar market has been in a glut for awhile so its not like you can sell them, unless you practically give them away.
>>
>>34025849
lurk /arg/ for a while, they'll sort you out
>>
File: 1494527392293.jpg (521KB, 3840x2060px) Image search: [Google]
1494527392293.jpg
521KB, 3840x2060px
>>34005835
>35G Security Clearance: Top Secret
>posts on 4chan
hehehehheeh fbi tip sent
>>
>>34005835
the recruiter's job is to lie to you
you will get mega-shafted unless you get everything in writing, and even then--
>>
>>34003569
Yeah, it is going to go the exact same way as the ACR. Main reason being price. There's nothing they can do to justify the price they are charging to make it popular enough with the average buyer, in other words the majority of the market. Obviously there will be plenty of people with free money to throw around, but once that relatively small group is satiated, it's dead.
>>
File: 00.jpg (23KB, 750x1132px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
23KB, 750x1132px
>>33999670
What model deagle does this best resemble? IWI, IMI, IXI?
>>
>>33999670
Cuckstate resident.
Anybody fire an FN FAL? If so describe to me it's accuracy and recoil, please.
>>
The fuck do I do with my guns while at uni if neither of my parents can legally own guns? Can I still store them at home even if I'm not living there?
>>
>>34029263
If your parents are felons or otherwise prohibited possessors they're literally not allowed to be in the same house as a gun.
>>
>>34029303
There's no law against it. So long as the firearms are secured in a safe they cannot access it's not in their posession.
>>
>>34029342
>a safe they cannot access
If it's left unattended long enough, any safe can be accessed by a determined attacker.
>>
>>34029263
https://www.childersguns.com/Firearms-Storage-Service
Maybe you can find a better deal but this is cheap enough unless you're storing a fuckhuge arsenal.
>>
>>34029385
I don't make the laws. The safe is supposedly good enough to pass state certification despite being only $80 so clearly what constitutes "secure" has nothing to do with actual security. A sledge could crack this fucker open.
Gun control is at its core illogical, I don't see any reason why any particular subsection of it would make any sense whatsoever.

>>34029386
Sweet, thanks.
>>
File: image_6.jpg (83KB, 303x267px) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
83KB, 303x267px
>>34029386
>Some advantages to offsite storage:
>Keep firearms safe from home invasions
>>
File: C4FzKm6W8AEJG-k.jpg (32KB, 680x379px) Image search: [Google]
C4FzKm6W8AEJG-k.jpg
32KB, 680x379px
>>34029470
Home invaders can't steal your guns if they aren't in your house.
>>
>>34025735
>>34025777

CA here in a cucked urban county

the only law where there is actual leeway is with CCWs because it is left to the department to decide who gets them. When it comes to ARs with the fun features, it's more a matter of enforcement. Some rural counties in the Central Valley/Sierras/far NorCal have sheriffs that refuse to comply and won't enforce unless they really have to, but some Fed/State LEOs will. Firearm laws in CA are pretty much a perpetual grey area because of how fucking wack the legislation is and even lawyers struggle with interpreting it
>>
File: Bayo.png (454KB, 567x499px) Image search: [Google]
Bayo.png
454KB, 567x499px
Why is turrists so ineffective? Why don't they go D.C. sniper on open carriers or subtly sabotage shit like water pipes to inflict massive financial damage and make americans fear coming home to floods?
>>
Are munitions like CCI "Stingers" and Velocitors basically 22lr +p, or is it just high velocity? Are +p and +velocity synonymous. Asking on behalf of some of my older, weaker .22lr wheel guns.
>>
File: chalabi-datalab-cousins-1.png (92KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
chalabi-datalab-cousins-1.png
92KB, 500x315px
>>34029943
Because MENAs are borderline retarded from centuries of first-cousin marriage.
>>
>went to the store after finishing my AR and bought a block of 200 rounds
>excited to shoot the AR
>didn't realize the cheap stuff I bought was fucking green-tip
>can not find any ranges in my area that allow green tip, or anything steel

Why are ranges, particularly OUTDOOR ranges, autistic about steel? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>34030327
Because they're under the mistaken impression that it's AP and will fuck up their steel targets/fuck up their backstops/cause sparks and forest fires.
>>
>>34030327
Excuse me?

Who follows the rules at ranges?

Mine has a big "Paper Targets ONLY" sign that someone has shot with a shotgun, and everyone just shoots whatever the hell they feel like shooting at. I saw someone blasting an old printer yesterday.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494778571501.jpg (85KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494778571501.jpg
85KB, 720x540px
I want to buy firearms off armslist.
What is the deal with firearms with bids starting at a penny? If I win then what is the next step? How should I go about receiving the firearm? Never done it before. Thanks/K/
>>
I need something, preferably not a gun to deal with dogs. Not anything too serious like a german shepard or pitbull but I have some dumb fuck spics that live on my street that cant seem to take care of their animals.As legal as possible. at the moment I have a hammer, and that should do. but I dont know
>>
>>34030827
>drill hole through small rock
>attach paracord
>swing to fuck up animal
>>
>>34030827
>preferably not a gun
The phone number of your local animal control office?
>>
>>34030827
Come at night and spear it to death or hit it with a slingshot rock.
>>
>>34030868
I would like to take the civil route. I dont think the civil route will work. Its like
>dumb fucks have dog
>everybody on block has some sort of fence, including these dumb fucks
>they intentionally open their fence, and dog sits on sidewalk, confronts me as im walking down the street, headed home.

So what im trying to say here, is that by the time animal control gets contacted, if they even respond (which is a if in the neighborhood I live in) the dog may very well be behind the fence, problem does not get solved.
>>
is there a real way to speed load cartridge converted black powder revolvers? ive seen some games where they quickly pop out the cylinder by pushing it out with another cylinder but cannot find an actual video of people doing it.
>>
>>34030918
Changing cylinders is a complete Hollywood meme.
>>
>>34030994
darn
>>
>>34023350
Yeah, but
>niggers
>everything wants to eat you
>fuckin parasites and diseases
>muh medical care
>100+ degrees 24/7/365.
>>
File: 1480353597451.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1480353597451.png
40KB, 152x254px
Is Aguila .22 shit?

Sportsman's guide has it for $.06/rd, free shipping if you buy 1500rds+
>>
>>34031283
>Niggers
Great target practice
>Everything wants to eat you
Great target practice
>Fucking parasites and diseases
Antibiotics and vaccines
>Medical care
Any good mother base has full medical facilities
>100 plus degrees
Not in your custom made armoured off road luxury vehicle with ice cold AC
>>
File: IMG_4614.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4614.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Anybody know what gun this is? I'm told the photo is from the Algerian War of Independence. Probably a legion gun but I can't figure it out.
>>
>>34003433
Vortex makes a kill flash specifically for the strikefire II.
>>
>>34000749

>hydrostatic shock
>lol only 9mm

keep fucking dreaming. If it's real, you're going to need magnum level power.... or at least a .45
>>
File: MAS-49-56-060731_01.jpg (29KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MAS-49-56-060731_01.jpg
29KB, 800x600px
>>34032233
FAMAS

move along
>>
>>34002105
>merican, and other MDs got together and decided to start some huge conspiracy to support courtney & courtney for dem bullit dividends.
>>MFW Facklerites believe anything he says even though his career and personal livelihood is based on his views
>>MFW he never even pretends to have looked for neurological trauma as deeply as these other published individuals have(electron microscopy and chemical testing)
>Fackler OTOH would look at a slide of dead pig brain with the naked eye and go "yep, no hemorrhage, im right again."
>>inb4 appeal to the FBI

>small arms

They didn't mean pistols by this, even though it sounds misleading.
>>
Where did the milsurp/camofag threads go?
>>
125gr or 158gr bullets for a 4-inch Ruger GP100?
>>
What's the first revolver to have a top strap?
>>
>>34031399
They're fine
>>
>>34030917
Yeah, just kill their dog when they're away.
>>
File: EbU1MJ9dG_8r4Xlhe2J.png (1MB, 3650x941px) Image search: [Google]
EbU1MJ9dG_8r4Xlhe2J.png
1MB, 3650x941px
Alrighty you cheeky buggers, found a Savage Mark II FVXP for $370 AUD, is it worth it? and what problems do they have. Pic related.
>>
>>34032322
Thank you.
>>
Can build an AR pistol with a 12 inch barrel? Keeping in mind that it will not have a stock and be a pistol
>>
>>33999670

do y'all fill pistol magazines to capacity or cap-1 ?

is cap-1 fuddlore ?
>>
>>34033519
You can build a pistol with any barrel length you want.

>>34034215
Depends on the gun.
Browning Hi-Power mags, for example, legitimately need to be downloaded by one to work reliably.
>>
>>34001194
No, he is being serious
>>
>>34003020
Dont be a faggot
>>
looking to buy my first fun, for HD almost entirely. Pistol or shotgun? What brands do I avoid/ go for. Do I go to a local gun shop vs someplace like AIM?
>>
>>34034461
S&W M&P15 Sport
>>
>>34000245
AR-10, PTR-91, or SCAR-17S with 18 in barrel

You're not going to be shooting in full-retard, so recoil shouldn't be that much of an issue at close ranges, plus muzzle breaks help a lot

Past 400 yards, 5.56 has too little power and .300 has massive drop and wind problems

>>34029244
Accuracy, at best and like most battle rifles, is around 2 MOA. You'd have to do some serious mods to get it down to 1 MOA or less.

Recoil wise, it depends on if you're running a flash hider or a muzzle break. I'm not sure what you've shot, but it definitely kicks more than an AR but less than a lot of milsurps with straight stocks.

>>34029263
If you have a job then rent a storage unit.

>>34034461
First fun should always be a rifle. I agree with >>34034521
>>
>>34034461
>Pistol or shotgun?
Depends anon. Are you going to do anything else with it? CCW? Hunting?

If HD and fun are literally the only thing are going to do with it, I suggest Shotgun. Firstly, they're versatile and pretty forgiving to novices. Second, you need to practice with either, and trapshooting is a fun way to get trigger time (though obviously not exclusively).
>>
File: efd.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/

How do we silence these anti-funs?
>>
>>34034605
>14,097 NRA Sandy Hookers
I can't afford that many tax stamps.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x260px
Springfield mil-spec 1911 for 600 in socal.
First handgun, should i go for it?
>>
>>34034605
You can't, but we don't need to. Gun control is on the decline in America and shitposting idiots won't change that.
>>
File: 1490760872880.gif (4MB, 448x251px) Image search: [Google]
1490760872880.gif
4MB, 448x251px
>>34034605
>liberal subreddits

Literally no one cares what Barney Sandals supporters think

In fact, many of them have become so disillusioned with the system that they've sworn off voting
>>
>>34034461
Canik TP9, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark IV 22/45, S&W M&P-15
Online is fine but used gun stores may have lower prices. Whichever you decide on, do your research, make sure you can accurately judge the condition of the firearm before buying one from a pawn shop
>>
>>34034652
>Springfield
>1911
No.
Canik TP9, Glock 19, CZ 75, Makarov, or surplus Hi-Power.
>>
Is it socially acceptable to haggle at guns shows?
>>
>>34035192
It's not socially acceptable to be at a gun show.
>>
>>34035201
If you live in a communist state, no
I live in glorious Arizona though
>>
>>34035218
It's not socially acceptable to live in Arizona.
>>
>>34035228
It's not socially acceptable to post on 4chan
>>
>>34035192
You'd be a fool not to.
>>
>>34033084
I have a Mk II but it's the basic bitch youth model I've had since I was a kid

>retails for about $150-200 USD so the price seems about right for Aus
>no problems after 1,000+ rounds but make sure to get good quality .22 (idk if they sell CCI over there)
>hella accurate but haven't shot it past about 40m really, just use it as a plinker
>the accutrigger can take some getting used to and make sure the mag clicks in
>smooth bolt

overall good choice m8
>>
File: 14954796587601.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
14954796587601.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>34005565
>>34005848
you blur out the serials because people can call the guns in as stolen.

also, if there's any alphabet soup agencies on here (or anyone in law enforcement at all), they can run the serial and get all of your information... name, address the works. You're basically no longer anonymous
>>
So the AK bug finally bit me but I am a poorfag so looking for a decent entry level AK. My LGS has a few Century N-PAPs and RAS-47s priced in my range, the RAS being slightly more expensive. Which would be the better choice? They also have i.o. but I know to avoid them already.
>>
>>34036015
http://pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
>>
File: 1491421034880.jpg (23KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491421034880.jpg
23KB, 398x500px
>>34036087
Thanks anon.
>>
File: 1477849557102.png (439KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477849557102.png
439KB, 1920x1080px
>>34000627
>and it cycles well
it jammed EVERY magazine in my 25. No matter how many times I cleaned it, field stripped it, or what ammo I used, shit never cycled right. Fuck 25.
>>
I have a compact Tanfoglio Witness, and I also have big goon hands. I've discovered that sometimes, especially with +P ammo, the safety will get switched back on, probably by the gun recoiling into my thumb.

Should I just rest my thumb on the safety holding it down in Fire, or should I make more of a conscious effort to hold my thumb away from the frame? Both feel strange compared to my normal grip.
Never had this problem on any other gun, including a full size Tanfo and full size CZs.
>>
>>34035192
You always haggle in a private sale. Always.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.