[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever held or fired an H&K Mk 23 or Desert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: mk23 deagle.jpg (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mk23 deagle.jpg
34KB, 800x600px
Have any of you ever held or fired an H&K Mk 23 or Desert Eagle? Which would you recommend for a good way to blow a tax refund?

Mk 23
pros:
>built like a tank
>will run for days
>socom and solid snek
cons:
>12+1 capacity of 45 acp
>???

Desert Eagle
pros:
>gas operated handgun, neato
>can fire revolver cartridges as well as .50 AE
>gold tiger stripe IS an option
cons:
>horror stories of not cycling .357 and even .44
>costs more to run
>rails make the gun look ugly and it loses its iconic look

I'm torn. Of course if I get the mk23, I'll need to drop money on a suppressor and LAM. With deagle I would probably have to mana port it, and possibly titanium coat.

Wat do?
>>
File: deserteagle1.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
deserteagle1.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>33998370
They're honestly about the same size but I would go with the desert eagle just because it's a fucking desert eagle. I'd go for an original Mk1 made by IMI because they seem to have overall better quality.

Pic related, mine.
>>
>>33998460
Have you had any issues in feeding or difficulty in maintenance?
>>
>>33998497
Not really, but it gets dirty extremely quickly and that can cause issues. Expect about 100 rounds from each cleaning
>>
Desert eagle gonna be around for a while but mk. 23 is out of production and will end up being a collectors item in the future
>>
>>33998659
The Mark 23 is still in production tho
>>
Do you want to buy the gun mainly so that you can take pictures of it for cool points on the internet? Buy the Desert Eagle.

Do you plan to actually become proficient with the gun and shoot it regularly? Buy the Mark 23.
>>
Held and shot a mk23
It's fucking huge for a .45
shot pretty well though
>>
>>33998370
Shot my buddies m23 and .44 D eagle
Both are kinda "meh" to be honest
Much nicer guns out there

Those 2 just have the "meme" value
>>
File: IMG_0751.jpg (740KB, 3609x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0751.jpg
740KB, 3609x2400px
What about a .357 coonan OP?
>>
>blow a tax refund

Don't do this OP, wasting money is never a good idea. If you want a deagle/ mk23 then by all means get one.

That said, I'd go Deagle, neither are practical and the deagle seem a lot more fun to fuck around with, especially if you reload. If cost of ammo is a concern then go mk23 or Conan for 357
>>
>>33998923
Not OP, I've got a .50 DE already and a Coonan is going to be my next buy..
>>
>>33998913
I was thinking of one of the two because they are both LARGE frame automatics (I got big mitts). What would you spring for in that price range?

>>33998923
Now that's an idea...
>>
>>33999924
I have late hands and I didn't find either to be very comfortable.

I'd buy a CZ shadow 2 at that price point.
Got to shoot one a few weeks ago
Probably the nicest gun I've ever shot.
>>
>>33998497
Feeding issues are caused by people limpwristing the gun.
It's 8 pounds for a reason.
>>
I shot and held the .50ae isrealian made Desert Eagle. Cool gun just expensive to shoot. I would've preferred to shoot for March 23 instead but beggars can't be choosers.
>>
File: 20170223_152344.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_152344.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>33998370
as some one that owns both get the mark 23 unless you can find one of the older IMI's in .50
>>
>>33998370
also you won't find a real lam for under $2500
>>
I'd get the Mk.23 for the simple reason that it uses cheap and widely available ammo. The Deagle brand Deagle is a fun gimmick for a bit, but I've known several people who've owned them and they've all sold them within a year or so.
>>
>>34000193
When I hit post, knew I misstated. I meant cycling issues. I've heard of some issues with .357 and even .44
>>
Hk WAY better quality
>>
>>33998370
I'm sure there are better options if you want to slap 2 grand down.
>>
>>33998370
I've shot both.
The desert eagle is fun only really for the muzzle blast, cartoonish size, overall theatre, so it's great for passing around with friends in the evening hours on a private land watching fireballs.
Outside that its kinda lame, they don't always work right, the trigger is very meh for a single action, and the safety is way the fuck up there on the slide, it also weighs 72 oz.

The mark 23 is big 45, no two ways around that. The grip is nearly identical to a USP 45 tho so if you wear a medium glove or bigger you can make it work.
The controls unlike the desert eagle are well placed, the safety is separate from the decocker so you can ride the safety if you want but the safety is kinda small, which is my only complaint about the controls.
The trigger is very nice for a da/sa, the double is smooth though not revolver smooth, and the sa is much better than that of any da/sa I've handled. The trigger itself is metal which gives a nice feel.
They are of course very reliable, my friend owns one and has never had any trouble with any ammo he's put into it, for the price I would expect that.
It is also very accurate. It'll hold groups that will put some 1911s to shame.
Although I wouldn't carry one for several reasons the mark 23 has the appeal of match grade accuracy and decent trigger combined with rock solid reliability, it's joy comes from being used.

In all if was going to buy either one it would be the mark 23 but the question is what is more important to you to have, a rock solid 45 or a fuck heug cannon?
>>
>>34003879
Well, that kind of pushes me off the fence towards the Mark 23. The only thing leaving me a little hesitant though is the inability to find a LAM for the iconic build.

Closest alternative seems to be hkparts picatinny strap-on and streamlight TLR-6 (or something blockier if I could find it).
>>
Mk. 23 is cheaper to feed, more reliable, and has less recoil. But goddamn does the Deag look badass. And fireballs are always fun.
>>
I held a MK23 and I've wanted one ever since. It fit my hand surprisingly well for looking as large as it does.
>>
>>33998370
mk 23 is an amazing pistol, much like a 1911 in that it's a .45 with an amazing trigger but also the most reliable pistol ever and usable for tacticool nonsense.
Deagle is a meme, not knocking memes, it can be fun just to show off with and mess around due to the power, but the mk 23 has the wow factor and the usability imo
>>
File: Battal bruthas.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Battal bruthas.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34000921
Yeah defintely get the .50 ae. I say that as someone who owns both. The major problem with the DE in anything other than the 50 is that the 357 and 44 were originally revolver rounds. Meaning they were designed around revolver tolerances, not gas powered pistols.

As a result finding ammo for my 44 or even reloading 44 it can be an excersize in frustration. It likes HOT ammo. So only certain brands will properly cycle it, and they're pricey.

And as others have said, it's very clean intensive, you need to clean it pretty much after each range trip in order for it to run well. that said it's a fun ass hell pistol to shoot and will always be a conversation starter at the range.

MK23 just plain shoots better. It's designed from the ground up to take the hottest 45 loads including 45 super. It's probably my most accurate pistol in my collection, next to my Springfield Custom Target.
>>
>>34004207
Yeah you'll need the HK light adapter before you can add on any modern light. It's about 130 bucks last I checked, but you'll need it sadly unless you can actually find a legit LAM module for sale.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1470&idcategory=207
>>
File: 20170207_150210.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_150210.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>34004207
>>34004993

Wrong. Just get a TLR3, they can come for USPs without needing some 100 dollar adapter.
>>
>>33998370
>tfw sneks gun could have been a supressed deagle
>tfw Meryl ruined it by wanting to use the ultimate tiny penis gun to show off
>>
>>34005026
Talking about a MK23 amigo. USPs yes, can use the TLR-3 without an adapter, but the MK23 has its own proprietary length rail.
>>
File: 20170515_180332.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_180332.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34005055

Ah fuck, I forgot. My bad bro.
>>
>>34005143
No worries, it's annoying as hell to deal with. :( But I guess it's part of the cost of owning a MK23 if you can't find the original lam package.
>>
So, found a Wilcox Nightstalker LAM, but can find absolutely no information on it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/647936292

Thoughts?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.