[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to pick a CCW I think I've narrowed it down to three

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: iwb-holster_515_1_3_1_537.jpg (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
iwb-holster_515_1_3_1_537.jpg
85KB, 800x600px
Trying to pick a CCW

I think I've narrowed it down to three options:
Ruger SR, Beretta PX4, Steyr S

Notice these all have .40 S&W models actually designed for that round. You assume I'm talking 9mm, but since /k/ is going to point me towards a +P anyway and I do well shooting a subcompact 45, I'm very much considering the 40 S&W models and shooting heavier bullets which have inherently less recoil. 40 S&W is flooding and it's a very good value now bang for buck, so overall to stock up on something, this seems to be it.

If I wanted more manageable recoil, I'd get a 380 over a 9mm and the frames for 45 are too fat/heavy for carry.

No regrets on the 45 subcompact, it's too fun to shoot at the range. I'm keeping it even if it's impractical for carry.
>>
It really is true, OP IS a faggot
>>
>>33994546
I hear the PX4 in 40 S&W in particular has very mellow recoil, and 180+ grain 40 SW is a cakewalk.
>>
File: bait_0.jpg (39KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
bait_0.jpg
39KB, 650x650px
>>33994546
>Trying to pick a CCW
>and justify my choice in caliber
>>
>>33994565
>shoehorn caliber debate
Nope. I'm really wanting to know which model manages 40 S&W best. /k/ just inherently shits on 40 S&W so I put a preface, but now you're making me reconsider.
>>
>>33994588
Well I carry a PT100 and throw a PT99 slide on it for 9mm.
147gr 9mm and 180gr 10mmFBI (.40) shoot about the same from the same frame.
>>
>>33994546
don't buy a .40 anon you are making a mistake no matter how much you think you aren't.
if you absolutely MUST HAVE a .40 """""""""built"""""""""" for .40 buy a USP and never look back.
Beretta PX4 is garbage, the SR series is officially dead in the water, and the Steyr is snowflake as fuck (but otherwise completely respectable. you will have trouble finding holsters / magazines / etc)
>>
>>33994604
Taurus Beretta clone? Have not considered it. Thanks for the helpful input, I'll look into reviews.

>>33994614
>USP
A lot of tradeins for USPs at a good price. I've shot 40 S&W before in a glock, honestly /k/'s opinions are overblown. From what I can manage, what I intend to train at the range, and what I've seen on youtube, there's a reason I haven't been scared off by memes.
>>
>>33994641
It's just not worth the lower capacity imo. the fbi switched back for a good reason. but it will kill people just as dead, so more power to you.
I've owned many guns in .40 but they always work their way out of my collection. The USP Tac that I owned was probably my favorite out of the bunch.
>>
>>33994666
The capacity hit isn't that significant to me. I see it as a minor reduction in capacity for a significant increase in consistency of bodily penetration. If I need more than 8 rounds to stop a porch monkey, then I'd consider myself a failure of the master race. So technically, 45 is still on the table, I just think the frames are marginally too heavy/fat for carry.
>>
>>33994727
do you shoot through auto glass a lot? That's about the only tangible benefit to .40.
My issue is; if we're going to carry a round that sacrifices capacity for power why not go whole hog and carry a G29?
>>
>>33994739
Honestly, what this boils down to is 357 SIG isn't being dumped on the market. I don't intend on a vehicular execution, no, but 40 does better than even 45 ACP against bone and flesh regardless in all tests I've seen.

/k/ arguments only conclude in 10mm vs 380, both of which are overpriced to shoot when everything inbetween also works.

From what I've seen, 40 is +P+ 9mm in a marginally heavier frame in pistols designed for 40 first. That's basically what I'm after. There's boutique rounds, sure, but nothing of that I'd actually stockpile.
>>
>>33994558
Fpbp
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.