[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Ruger 10/22 >Minimum bid $100 > reserve price $399

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: download.png (5KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 296x170px
> Ruger 10/22
>Minimum bid $100
> reserve price $399
> Shipping: $90
> FUCK YOU I DONT SHIP TO YOUR STATE
> YOU MUST HAVE 5 VERIFIED PURCHASES ON THIS SITE TO BID ON OUR ITEMS
> EXTRA CHARGE FOR CREDIT CARDS
> IF U WANT TO SEE PICS OTHER THAN THE 20 PICTURES OF THE STOCK, YOU HAVE TO EMAIL ME
> FFL INFORMATION MUST BE FAXED ONLY
> NO RETURNS, GUN HAS NOT BEEN TESTED OR CLEANED

Is this what shopping for guns is like?
>>
File: 1492735892112.jpg (74KB, 296x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492735892112.jpg
74KB, 296x1024px
>go to gun store with no plans
"THAT IS A NEAT GUN"
>finger fuck gun
>leave with gun
>>
New rule: reserves aren't allowed. Just set the starting bid at the minimum you are willing to accept for the gun.
>>
>>33994436
this x100000
>>
Like literally everything else in life, you have to shop around.

Fucking millenials want everything spoonfed to them.
>>
>>33996191
>Says the Millennial

You're right though, OP is retarded. Gunbroker has tens of thousands of great sellers.
>>
>>33994284
I actually found shopping on gunbroker really easy, since I can stalk deals anywhere and don't have to go to every fucking store in the state looking for whatever snowflake I decide I want.

But then, I was born before 1980 and thus have a little self-discipline and patience.
>>
File: retardgif.gif (881KB, 200x232px) Image search: [Google]
retardgif.gif
881KB, 200x232px
OP's compilation of the bad selling habits of some of (many thousands of) the sellers on Gunbroker has convinced me that ALL of the site is like that, and that I should not even try to look at anything there.

Also, even if I am slightly wrong, there is NO WAY I can simply not bid on items from bad sellers. That is an impossibility, because market forces do not actually exist.

I, and OP, are literally gif related.
>>
Fuck gunbroker. I try to make an account and it flagged it as a duplicate. I've never had an account there before and customer support is unresponsive.
>>
File: 5851349001_e66876bac4_b.jpg (352KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5851349001_e66876bac4_b.jpg
352KB, 1024x768px
Honestly, the only problem I have with Gunbroker is having to add the price of shipping and the price of an FFL to everything I order.

Granted, that seldom comes to more than $40, but I'm left thinking "Why am I paying $40 more, having to wait, worry about it being lost, organize a time to visit my FFL, and all the other rigmarole when I can just go find the fucking thing locally, pay less, and have it immediately?"

I realize that not everyone is able to do that. Bad luck not being a Texan!
>>
>>33996439
>Texan
So that explains why your a faggot
>>
>>33994284
The two biggest issues I have with Gunbroker are
>Non posted shipping rates which turn out to be 2-3 times the real shipping rate
>Shill bidding is out of control
The first is easy to advoid, I won't bid on anything that there is no advertised shipping rate.
Shill bidding is harder to advoid. Gunbroker takes it seriously since it is not only against their terms and conditions but it is against Georgia State law.
>>
>>33994284
My local FFL doesn't judge me for using Bud's, mostly because I buy $200 of shit every time I step foot in the store.

I refuse to buy used ever since I found out guns have a life span, also from seeing friends get fucked over on pawn guns.
>>
>>33994436
No fuck that, reserve pricing should be maxed out at least 10% under blue book value for the gun, gun blue books are made every fucking year, gunbroker has no excuse, they could have it automated so potential buyers know instantly how much over or under blue book the current bid is. It also stops all the faggotry from sellers. As for you, buyers should be reporting bad sales and listings.
>>
>>33996741
4chan is 18+ only
>>
>>33996571
Its not even the real Zed, just a poor imitation
>>
>>33996741
Blue books are a fucking joke and no one should ever pay them any mind.
>>
>>33994436
>>33996741
>waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh
>I don't like reserves
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

faggots
people can set whatever conditions they want when selling their property
reserves on auctions aren't a new thing at all, they've been used in auctions for as long as there have been auctions

just because you don't get a NIB Colt python for $1k under blue book because the reserve was set higher than your minimum bid doesn't mean we should remove a useful auctioneering tool
>>
>>33996791
If you have a better idea I'm all ears, because eliminating reserve pricing is a strong disincentive for sellers. Obviously blue book values mean jack and shit for new guns and modified guns/special edition shit, but it's not a bad starting foundation capping the maximum reserve price at 80-90% of blue book
>>
>>33996911
How about you let the markets regulate themselves you authoritarian fuck. Did a reserve price rape your mother?
>>
>>33996911
How about a charge if an item is relisted x times with a reserve on it. Doesn't have to be too big, a $1 will do just fine.
>>
>>33994284
Buy from someone else if you dont like their terms.
and its better when theyre clear about the transaction, as opposed to the guy with one blurry pic and one line about the item
>gun is in good condition
>>
>>33996911
why do we need to regulate reserve prices at all?
if the seller sets the reserve price high, then what's the problem?
they don't sell below the price they want, and nobody has to pay their ridiculous price

>>33996936
why?
what's the problem if they list a use Hi-Point 1,000,000 times with a reserve of $200,000 every time?

admit it, you just don't like reserves because it makes you harder to be a huge faggot and get steals
>>
>>33994284
>looking for sp1 on gunbroker
>find a colt sp1 upper for 499 free shipping
>bid price was lower but I went straight to buy out
>upper is actually diemaco and worth almost half that without the other components
>received it in two days
topzozzle m80
>>
>>33994284
In Canada it's:

>look around internet stores for interesting stuff to get
>nothing even remotely of interest
>don't get anything
>wait a month or so to see if anything changes
>it doesn't
>>
>>33996191
This.
I was able to get a K98 in really good condition for $355 shipped and a Mossberg 590 for $180
>>
>>33996959
Half the people in this fucking thread want to eliminate reserve pricing altogether and the other half think Gunbroker setting a policy on reserve pricing is tantamount to regulation. Gunbroker is a private company that operates a private market, making profit off of a percentage of sales. It's in their best interest to facilitate selling transactions. Constant relistings are a drain on their server bandwidth
>>
>>33997126
apparently it's not much of a problem if gunbroker hasn't cracked down
if it were hurting their bottom line, they'd have done it by now
>>
>>33996439
Why the fuck would you buy a gun online if all of that were true
What dumbfuck would go out of their way to spend more and have to deal with that
>>
>>33996712
>I refuse to buy used ever since I found out guns have a life span

You didn't know guns wear out?
And unless you shoot a metric fuckton, its going to take a long time to shoot out a barrel on a deer gun
>>
>>33996800
How is it a useful auctioneering tool when you can literally just set the minimum bid to the lowball price you want for the gun?
Reserves are retarded
>>
>>33997415
because you build more enthusiasm and start bidding wars in the early low numbers
low starting bids also attract interest

reserves are fine
>>
>>33996667
>Gunbroker takes it seriously
No they do not.
>>
>>33998035
They do when you CC the GA department of commerce (or whatever they call it).
>>
>>33994284
>> EXTRA CHARGE FOR CREDIT CARDS

To be fair, this isn't relegated to gunbroker. Why does every second asshole behind a gun show table do this too? It wasn't a big deal back in the 80s when gas stations and shit would also upcharge 3-6% for credit, it was just a fact of life. Fast forward forty years and these greedy dips are about the only ones still openly and brazenly passing the card cost on to the customer.
>>
>>33996921
>M-MUH FREE MARKET WILL FIX ITSELF

>>33997126
Server bandwidth is absolutely minescule per listing, and even if someone relists an item 10 times it'll cost gunbroker a few cents at most.
>>
>>33998235
It doesn't need to fix itself because it's already fine. Your autistic fit over not being able to lowball the fuck out of sellers doesn't change that.
>>
File: logo.png (71KB, 244x198px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
71KB, 244x198px
>>33997308
Some people don't have the luxury of 9001+ gun stores near them, so paying more and having to put up with more bullshit is just what they have to do.

Pic related. These people are 15 minutes from my house. I just go there, put my money down, fill out a 4473, and walk out with mah gunz. Anywhere else you have to pay the shipping + FLL fee.

Texas is fucking awesome.
>>
>>33998270
>implying I'm the OP or the dude who you originally replied to

It isn't about lowballing, it's the fact that Gunbroker is almost unusable with every motherfucker pricing their guns far above what they're actually worth. More importantly reserves are fucking retarded outside of formal auction houses with proper appraisers.
>>
>>33998196
I understand that as a customer you think you're entitled to the seller's boipussy, but the fact of the matter is that your credit card sale is worth less to the seller than the guy who pays with cash, cashier's check or money order. They're losing 3-5% because you decided to pay with a card on top of the fact that you probably kibbutz'd him down from the original list price. Plus the added time for actually getting the card transaction paid out to him compared to the immediacy of cash, check or money order.

It's a form of deterrence.
>>
>>33998309
Right, except that's a gross exaggeration at absolute best. Have you been on GB for longer than a day?
>>
>go to local gunshop
>Take a look at a gun
>Looks cool and stuff
>Priced $150 over the price online
>Mention this to the owner/operator, maybe he'll try to compete for my business
>Instead get a 10minute lecture on how everyone online is a scammer and the gun is likely broken
>It's a new fucking gun
>Walk out and buy it online, have it sent to the kitchen table FFL down the road that does $5 transfers
>It's new in box and works perfectly fine, obviously
It's like they're opposed to staying in business

Only time it's worthwhile is when they have surplus/antiques they haven't adjusted with the market
>>
>>33998334
I've browsed Gunbroker for years, even when I was noguns when I first moved to the states many years ago. As time has passed the quality of gunbroker has tanked to what most gun shows are. Unless it's a snowflake item there's no reason Cleetus McCousinfucker Lee should be listing their pos Diamondback AR-15 for $1200 reserve.
>>
>>33998392
I'll take that as a no, then.
>>
>>33997869
>low starting bids also attract interest
And then seeing "reserve not met" immediately makes it go away
>>
>>33998631
Not necessarily. When I see "Reserve Not Met" if I legitimately want the gun I'll make a couple bids for funsies. If it's still not met by then I just forget about the auction.
>>
>>33997869
>because you build more enthusiasm and start bidding wars in the early low numbers
maybe for dumb people?
>low starting bids also attract interest
I skip them entirely. I'm not there to have "fun", I'm looking to buy something.
>>
The biggest problem with reserve system on Gunbroker is the style of auction is that it is not the same type of system that live auctions use where a reserve has a use. In live auctions, every bid is the highest bid and it usually increases one bid increment at a time. Gunbroker (and eBay) use a system where you pay one bid increment above the second highest bidder. There is no excitement that can make you forget your upper limit as you fight it out with one or two people but there are no bots that autobid 23 seconds before an auction closes (I am old enough to remember that being a big problem on eBay).

I will make a bid on an item with a reserve, once. If I don't make and it is relisted, I don't bother rebidding if there still is a reserve.

As for the add 4% for credit cards, that is disappearing. It existed on eBay for years too until PayPal came around and Gunbroker recently introduced their own credit card system. I also get the no PayPal thing, since it is against PayPal's terms to shift funds for guns or ammo sales (related to PayPal being a CA company).

The thing that irks me is the guy who doesn't post his shipping rate, then when the auction ends it turns out to be $20. When you get you item, he uses flat rate shipping and it cost him only $8. They are only a hair worse than those who post the rate of $20 when you know it is going to be flat rate $8 cost to them.

You do see a lot of people who sell their shit for market+. You see people who sell their "gently used" equipment for retail. But you can occasionally find a good deal. It is about patience, a thing way too many people are lacking now a days.
>>
>>33998332
Nothing that you said is news to me, nor does it change any point I made. Yes, it costs them 3-6% depending on how bad the card companies bite. But what they're doing by demanding the customer's boipussy instead, is to drain their pool of potential buyers. Current buying culture is heavy on cards and light on cash, and the vast, vast majority of sellers accept the use of cards as a cost of doing business, and a good tradeoff for the greater pool of buyers. For some reason stodgy, fuddish gun sellers can't seem to catch on.

It's a form of deterrence alright. I go to a gun show with a few hundred bucks, and with plenty of credit card room set aside. I'll drop the cash here and there throughout the trip. Then it always happens - on the way out I'll spot something big I was looking for, say, bulk ammo. Those fuckers always have $100 minimums and +5% for card charges, not even giving you a break for large purchases. So, they sure deterred the fuck out of my sale. If that's what they wanted, then good job.

At the end of the day it's obnoxious, but not really any skin off my ass. I just shop elsewhere.
>>
I sell a lot on ebay - I start the bid at the lowest I'm willing to accept and set a buy it now price at what the market average is depending on the condition of the item. it saves everyone's time and it works, as I almost always sell what I list.
>>
>>33998381
This happened to me too.

>$120 over online pricing.
>Inform owner.
>30 min lecture about how small businesses are the backbone of 'Murrica.
>Saw sign on window about $10 FFL transfers.
>Proceed to buy online and send to him.
>Owner is visibly pissed while I fill out forms.
>Pulls me aside as I'm leaving to inform me that I'm banned.
>Used MassPlanner (while it was still active) to flood him with a few hundred 1 star reviews.
>Lgs goes under after about 6 months.

Fudds can eat shit.
>>
>>33999792
Yup, and I gotta pay state sales tax on top of that so the local gun shop can ride their inflated prices all the way to the grave like Gander Mountain.
>>
>>33994436
Agreed it's the dumbest fucking thing
>>
>>33996911
Here is an idea: shut the fuck up if you are too dumb to know what a good price is for whatever gun you are shopping for or lack the patience to find a good deal.
>>
>>33998286
Gotta love grabagun great deals there
>>
>>33999864
Sucksfor you guys.
>Call my dealer say I wanna transfer a lower to him
> says he is about to put a new order in and will match that online price.
I am deff shopping there again.
>>
>>33996787
He was a victim to the trip password attacks that were happening a couple of years ago. I think I still have it somewhere.
>>
You guys are idiots. arguing about reserves on shit you cant afford anyway

Shill bidders that drive the price up then get out of the auction are the real problem.
>>
File: 3kPNCP4b_400x400.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3kPNCP4b_400x400.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>33994284
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.