[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've decided that for a new deer/black bear rifle I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0180.jpg (77KB, 1193x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.jpg
77KB, 1193x700px
I've decided that for a new deer/black bear rifle I want to build a Mauser sporter from the ground up, starting with a military rifle

Stock, trigger, polish the action, bolt handle, etc. might consider a rebarrell but I would be fine with 8, or 7 Mauser for hunting.

Right now my two deer rifles are a ruger 77 7mag, and a cz527, so I consider myself Mauser fan, but idk much about the actual military rifles
What Mauser do you think is the best choice? Which Mauser is most easily customized?

I'd prefer one with some barrel length as I like some weight forward for free hand shooting

I'd also like to keep the price reasonable

What do you guys think?
>>
>>33993766
I would really rather you wouldn't use an actual military rifle unless you find one that's already been sporterized.
>>
>>33993766
Don't bubba a rifle.
>>33993849
>unless you find one that's already been sporterized.
This
>>
>>33993766
Do you have any particular attachment to the mauser bolt? Or would something like a Remington 700 / Tikka barreled action work? You could also get an enfield barreled action and have a different experience to your other boltguns with cock-on-close versus cock-on-open.
>>
>>33993766
I think this is not your diary
>>
>>33993766
Go to a gunshow and I can almost guarantee you'll find a decent barreled action for $200 or less.
I picked up a sporter'd Enfield for $160 in pristine condition (other than the bubba'd stock, of course).
Yugoslavian M48 Mausers are a good choice, but I wouldn't fuck one up for the sake of a durrifle. Just find an action or an already sporter'd/ruined one to build.
>>
>>33993766
Sarco has old small and large ring actions for around $25-50.

Barreled actions are in the $75-100 range.
They also sell extra stocks and shit.
Have fun.
>>
>>33993766
This is either top quality bait, or you should fucking kill yourself. Perhaps both
>>
>Asking /k/ for help in butchering an irreplaceable antique rifle.

I hope that bear mauls you.
>>
>>33993766
b8 or not may you suffer an eternity of kidney stones
>>
File: Vz24_action_8-29-2016_A.jpg (676KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Vz24_action_8-29-2016_A.jpg
676KB, 1024x768px
>>33993849
>unless you find one that's already been sporterized.
Do that. It'll be cheaper for you. I picked up this Romanian-contract Vz.24 at an auction last summer for $65. Barrel was already unscrewed (was junk anyway) and it has some surface gouging from bubba's pipe wrench but the threads are clean and true and everything works.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.