[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would /k/ fair with the sight of death and the metallic smell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

File: 1495070295331.jpg (65KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
1495070295331.jpg
65KB, 1024x684px
How would /k/ fair with the sight of death and the metallic smell of blood spilled?

Have you guys ever seen people die violently before?

Would you be ok (mentally) seeing people die before you?
>>
I think we have all seen videos of people being beheaded, shot, blown up, etc. We can deal with that, but IRL? No way to know until it happens.
>>
>>33993435
it doesn't matter how people feel about seeing dead bodies. all that matters is that you can get them to kill.
>>
Depends on the emotional investment. Ive worked at an abattoir in the past and have been present at a fatal car accident, so the sight of large amounts of blood and people dying doesn't bother me, but if it was family or someone I cared about it would probably fuck me up. Id say its the same for most people.
>>
>>33993530
I work at a trauma hospital in Socal. The iron smell of blood can make your stomach churn a little, but I agree with you. Unless its your close friend or family you'll probably be ok, however you may get tunnel vision and be fixated on the bloody scene. Your eyes will focus on the little details like blood bubbles and the fatty layers under the skin.
>>
>>33993435

Saw a guy get creamed by a bus when I was 12. close enough to smell the copper and see his brains on the pavement. Shit was fucked up, but I don't lose any sleep over it.

I didn't know him though, so I can't imagine it's comparable to seeing a guy in your unit dying in combat or anything
>>
I've killed two dozen or so deer now that I'm 25 and I can say beyond all shadow of a doubt I don't ever ever want to witness a human die like that
>>
Ive killed people Ive seen people get killed.

Its not even that bad.
>>
>>33993435
Father killed a home intruder with an rem870 back when i was 7yrs old.
I remember it smelling like hot garbage soaked in piss in the living room. It sounded like 2 bog bangs of thunder went off and my ears range alot. Dad said he couldnt even feel the recoil or hear the shots because he was so pumped up on adrenaline.
>>
File: 1256878314139.jpg (69KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
1256878314139.jpg
69KB, 1080x810px
>>33993435
Never seen it before in meatspace.

Depending on how the person dies, if I knew them, and how the scene unfolds would probably affect how fucked up I get.

Like watching from a distance as someone I didn't know get shot and bleed out would probably affect me a lot less than having a loved one blown up in front of me while their blood and bones batter and impale me. Y'know?
>>
>>33993435
Work in EMS. See heavy traumas and death pretty often. Have taken a family member for their fatal ride to the hospital.

I'd be aight.
>>
>>33993886
Greentext?
>>
File: Shattered corpus humeri.jpg (15KB, 340x442px) Image search: [Google]
Shattered corpus humeri.jpg
15KB, 340x442px
>>33993435
>Have you guys ever seen people die violently before?
I travled a bit when I was younger and I saw accidents in peripheral nations where there were a few serious injuries/deaths. I also was involved in an incident when visiting family a while ago so unfortunately i've seen it up close.
>Would you be ok (mentally) seeing people die before you?
When I was a kid it was kinda shocking, reminded me of shit "from the movies or TV". When shit went down years later I was more scared getting arrested in a shithole third world when I was just trying to relax and visit family.
>>
>>33993435
I cleaned up after a murder-suicide. Son quits antidepressants cold turkey, shoots his mom at the dinner table and then himself in the shower. Victim was a very old widow and I had to go all through her stuff for distant next-of-kin legally. Saddest part of my life. Self-harm is awful, but witnessing the shockwaves it puts people even unrelated to the principals - I don't know the words.
>>
>>33993435
saw a biker get run over by a bus in India.... his grape got squished... the helmet popped off like a champagne cork... never rode a bike afterwards.
>>
>>33994064
This
>>
>>33993530
This.
I got out of my car on a highway a two one point to push a car off someone who was pinned (I helped other people)

The dude was totally fuckin' smooshed, the chicks in the car that hit him were wailing like banshees, there was blood flowing like fucking water fountains and shit.
Probably not the same as, say, grabbing a GSW victim though, not to mention I wasn't being shot at.
>>
Former contractor, done it before, will most likely be forced to do it again before my time is up. Hope for civil war so I can kill some ANTIFA. Yes, I am desensitized. No I don't have a problem with it.
>>
File: 1480391962726.jpg (208KB, 1024x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480391962726.jpg
208KB, 1024x720px
>>33994592
>the chicks in the car that hit him were wailing like banshees
>the chicks
>chicks
Go figure.
>>
>>33993435
I saw a homeless guy pretty much hari kari himself in some family's yard right off venice, ive seen people been shot in both justified cases and in stupid shit like gang violence. It pretty much sucks to see someone die, but it varies. When you see someone who is an adversary die its not that bad. When you see a kid get hit with a stray or a strung out homeless dude disembowel himself it sucks a bit more because its senseless. On the other hand if you pop a guy from 100 meters out then you feel next to nothing since he was shooting at you and you were shooting at him, its not too personal or up close.
>>
>>33993435
It's the smell of the GI tract that gets to me. That and exposed bone. Once I throw up I feel easier around it, but my first instinct is to cleanse it with fire.
>>
>>33993435
>rebels attacked a hospital I was working at in guatemala
>they hit the maternity ward, killing several staff, expecting mothers and infants
>served in the army and saw combat
>dead bodies didn't phase me until I saw the dead and injured babies
>tried to comfort wounded newborn as it slipped away from life
>12 years and still have issues around babies and hearing them cry
>>
>>33995280
What were the rebels trying to accomplish?
>>
>>33995308
Rebelling.

But seriously, a lot of third world shit holes like Guatemala have state run hospitals and so they become targets for rebels during uprisings.

Not the anon you replied to btw.
>>
I'm a firefighter/EMT. I've seen so much violent death I have honestly lost count of how many bodies I have seen or how many people I have watched die. I've been soaked in blood while kneeling in it and the smell is so strong you can smell the blood when you walk in the room.
>>
It has been a concern for me as I started carrying and I want to get some medical training from some place like Dark Angel Medical. I have an aversion to blood and get nauseated at the talk of it, I don't feel comfortable when people start talking blood, veins, arteries and I'm scared to put any pressure on my thighs. Getting my arteries punctured and bleeding to death is one of my worst fears.

What is the best way to get past this fear?
>>
>>33993435
Saw a homeless guy get rolled up under a car when I was a kid. It was weird how quickly he went limp and much the car rose when he went under it. His shirt got caught on something and drug him until the car finally stopped. Every now and then i just think about it, how fast he went from living to dead.
>>
>>33993435
fare* not fair.

And it's not so bad actually. I was never in combat, but the base I was at was the primary medical facility for the southern half of the country, so we saw a fair amount of wounded up close when they came in on the helicopters.
>>
I've seen dead bodies and men killed in Iraq/Afghanistan.i was even responsible for at least two. It's one thing when it's an enemy combatant and you feel they deserved death. Honestly didn't really phase me much but I do think about it.

The worst part is when non-combatants died, particularly children. That's the part I hated and wouldn't ever want to be a doctor/nurse/caretaker because seeing people die who shouldn't is something I hate.
>>
I'm 28 years old.

I think most people in their late 20's have witnessed death or have seen people die in grusome no and inhumane ways
>>
>>33993435
Many, many circumstantial variables.

Are we just walking into a field of death? Do i know the dead? Why are they dead?

My family grows and slaughters chickens, i laughed as the beheaded body of a chicken did a backflip and landed with a honk after running around. I doubt i would do the same in other situations or be as okay with death in other moments.
>>
>>33995408
Sounds stupid, but start having sex with a woman on her period with the lights on with white sheets. Do this often

Keep doing it until seeing blood on you isn't a big deal.

I was squemish around blood and now it doesn't even phase me.

Like going to the dentist and tasting a fuck load of blood made me freak out back then, now it doesn't phase me
>>
When I was living in Israel I saw a skirmish with Gaza forces back in 2010 it was pretty frightenening even from the distance I was at I doubt I'd endure any long war
>>
>>33993435
i got hit by shrapnel in the chest in Georgia )
>>
>>33995308
the CIA probably told them to attack it
>>
>>33995475
>start having sex with a woman
How do i go about doing this?
>>
>>33993498

had it happen IRL, and it's exactly like the videos.

no, really, you don't believe it's real for a good few seconds or minutes. You don't know how to process it, you have the exact same response as you'd do from watching it on liveleak.
>>
>>33997621
Yeah if its your first time. After a while working around gruesome shit you get used to it and learn to work like its not even a big deal.
>>
File: 1495085862771m.jpg (165KB, 955x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495085862771m.jpg
165KB, 955x1024px
>>33995475
Fucking kek'd thanks m8
>>
>>33993435
>Describing "the metallic smell of blood spilled" like you read in some edgy novel or comic book
>Thinking people can't handle being exposed to literally the only constant in human evolution
>Even wondering about it enough to formulate this stupid thread.

You are either:
A. a teenage child into edgy fiction
B. mentally undeveloped in some other way
C. Deploying soon and getting cold feet about how YOU will handle yourself when you get where you are going.

Death is the one thing every single person on the planet experiences, and violence is something that only the most sheltered of people never experience. While many post-vietnam fictions have been written around the concept of people not being able to cope with violence and the things they have seen in conflict (admittedly alot of good fiction, as well as some crap) However most of the time PTSD is associated with high-stress and not seeing violence. I remember an article a while back that had statistics showing the guys that work climbing radio towers have twice as many cases of PTSD as returning vets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_h2AjJaMw
>>
>>33993435
I'd fare okay, been there done that.

Yes, both through my actions and the actions of others. Shot, stabbed, blown up, run over, falling, I've witnessed pretty much every way a guy can die except drowning.

Depends on who they were and how they died. Friends, family, teammates, innocents like little kids? No, that shit sticks with you. Killing or witnessing the death of an enemy combatant never bothered me, was able to take the "well good, fuck 'em" attitude towards that.
>>
>>33995475
>Like going to the dentist and tasting a fuck load of blood made me freak out back then, now it doesn't phase me
It should because it means you take shit care of your gums.
>>
>>33998905
Are you trying to impress us m8?
>>
File: smile and optimism.png (179KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smile and optimism.png
179KB, 640x480px
>>33993435
Just got into the medical field and this honestly is one of my worst fears because idk how I'll react to it honestly. I hope I'm able to say that they're at peace but I really don't know if I will.
>>
File: FQ7iNsE.jpg (696KB, 3000x1089px) Image search: [Google]
FQ7iNsE.jpg
696KB, 3000x1089px
>>33998947
>Killing or witnessing the death of an enemy combatant never bothered me, was able to take the "well good, fuck 'em" attitude towards that

use sandpaper to remove sharp edge.
...or you're just a sociopath. Have some empathy, fuckhead.
>>
>>34003252
What field?
>>
>>33993435
I was a medic in the US Army with one tour in Iraq. From my experience it doesn't get you when it's happening, but afterwards can be unpleasant. I believe having something to do helps a lot.
>>
Probably. But not entirely.

I was a newspaper reporter and have watched people die while going to breaking news stories...roll over accidents where someone was launched fucking 20 feet or more from the car and first responders are doing crp before putting the sheet over them.

A lot different than combat I'm sure but seeing people die when you are in the clock is kinda just like welp I guess that's what happened. You're more focused on getting the job done at the time but it can fuck you later
>>
>>33994810
They looked like the girl from Ring whatever that Japanese horror movie with the creepy ass TV chick is called.
>>
File: swat visit.gif (1MB, 274x202px) Image search: [Google]
swat visit.gif
1MB, 274x202px
I can handle seeing people get hurt badly. I can enjoy it, even. But gore is just beyond me. Lots of blood and shit is not fun. Movie style death where there's no blood is more palatable. This guy in pic related obviously dies, but there's no blood and he's kind of fat, so it's almost funny. Almost.
>>
>>34003299
He's not a sociopath. Killing enemy humans something we are all mentally equipped to do. It's what hatred and anger evolved for.
>>
File: 1495073132759.png (286KB, 512x553px) Image search: [Google]
1495073132759.png
286KB, 512x553px
>>33993908
what are you, a fucking woman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28
>>
>>34003811
Firefighter here, yeah I feel the same way. I focus on my patient and the ten different jobs I'm doing at once and worry about the emotions later. It does come back to fuck you up later though. I routinely have nightmares relating to work and wake up with night sweats or my heart racing.
>>
>>34003937
You're post is cancer.
>>
>>34003980
You have... patients? Since when do fire fighters practise medicine?
>>
>>34003980
Yea. The first responders I worked with when reporting usually met with a chaplain as a group after really bad calls. Crazy how it sets in later..
>>
>>34003996
Semantics you autistic cunt
>>
>>33993435
>Would you be ok (mentally) seeing people die before you?
That's something you can't really know until you actually experience it
It would also depend on the context, if it's someone you know or if it's just a stranger, someone you care about, someone trying to harm you or others, etc.
>>
>>34003996
Everywhere in America unless this is sarcasm. I'm an EMT-IV Tech so I can do all EMT level skills such as basic airway, give certain meds, some intramuscular, or intranasally, splinting, bleeding control and other trauma stabilizing treatment as well as supraglottic airway and IV./IO access.
>>
>>33993819

Youll murder one mamal that can think and feel pain, but you wont another type?

You sound like a beta cu k
>>
>>34004053
You cant compare the two
>>
>>34004053
you sound like you have a bright future ahead of you in the merc world.
>>
I saw a mini van in front of me at an inner section get run over by a semi.

The people inside were crushed under the dash. It was pretty bad.
>>
File: horrifying.jpg (51KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
horrifying.jpg
51KB, 444x440px
>>33993435
My father had a woman in a car crash die in his arms but he's mentally fit as a fiddle and the way he explained the story was like it was just another day on the job.

He is a cop though and he sees people splattered on the road all the time so maybe he's just used to it.
>>
>>33995435
Of course it doesn't phase you when they get up and continue LARPing with airsoft guns.
>>
File: Frank 2.jpg (567KB, 820x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Frank 2.jpg
567KB, 820x1280px
>>34004053
>>34004109
I'm at 75+ deer. It's getting boring knocking them over with a rifle. Gone to pistol and now bow.

its just to easy.

I bet these high speed low drag types get that way after a while?

or maybe not...
>>
>>33993435
I'm generally ok with it. Did a lot of search and rescue before I went in to the army.
Scraping people out of semis, spent a day dragging a corpse out of a gorge that had been dead for 3 days and had the consistency of spam and picked a bikers head out of a paddock after he got splattered by a 4wd

People getting shot, even a close range they just tend to flop down for 'nap time' like someones cut the strings on a puppet. Most of the time there isn't really a lot of blood unless someone got real clever and shot them in the head, that tends to be a bit leaky and messy.
They do tend to have a big poo though, you'll smell that before blood.
Explosive damage from grenades, rockets and the like is genuinely messy- you get bits of them everywhere, organs in odd places and if they're only clipped, there's going to be a lot of screaming for a while too.
>>
>>33993435
Meh,
Even if it isn't your fault. First time around being near another deceased human hits anyone. Questions fly, mind settles with rational in order to cope and not to let it weight your mind down.

' Better this person being dead, than myself. '

The first one is always the hardest, it only gets easier as time goes on.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.