[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any versions of the m1 american helmet made of kevlar/whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: johnson the fgt.jpg (1MB, 3090x2114px) Image search: [Google]
johnson the fgt.jpg
1MB, 3090x2114px
are there any versions of the m1 american helmet made of kevlar/whatever modern helmets are made of? I like the look of the m1 but want it to be bulletproof.
>>
>>33988149
Even modern kevlar helmets aren't bullet proof. They might deflect a glancing shot, or stop a shot from really really far, but a straight shot from a 5.56 or 7.62 will penetrate them.
>>
>>33988447
i didnt want to say bullet resistant cause inb4 "m1s are bullet resistant"
>>
>>33988509

M1s are bump helmets that provide some shrapnel protection and might stop a single handgun round. But even if it did stop the bullet, there would be a huge dent and you'd still suffer severe head trauma
>>
>>33988535
I know, I just want one with greater bullet resistance, like modern ones.
>>
>>33988535
I was under the impression it would be neck trauma mostly?
>>
>>33988594

I havent ever seen a kevlar helmet that looks like an m1. Most modern kevlar helmets are way bigger and are a different profile, given that they're made out of much thicker material.
>>
File: serbian kevlar helmet.jpg (11KB, 399x299px) Image search: [Google]
serbian kevlar helmet.jpg
11KB, 399x299px
>>33988617
Any kind of neck damage myth surrounding helmets stopping bullets is just that: a myth. One made up by manchildren who never had a single lesson in physics.

If bullets had a power to snap your neck, the shooter himself would dislocate his shoulder with each shot.

>>33988618
this. The closest kevlar pot I've seen would be these Serbian ones, which also have similar, shit-tier Soviet webbing & chinstrap.
>>
>>33988149
South Korea makes one
>>
File: 1463457504267.jpg (103KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1463457504267.jpg
103KB, 800x533px
>>33989079
>mfw the Serbs just remade their steel pot in kevlar
>>
>>33988447
ill try to explain this the best i can but my buddy got shot in the helmet with 762x39 from the front at about the 10 o'clock if looking down at the top of his head. the bullet penetrated the helmet then fucking ran inside the actual material of the helmet and ended up at about the 5 o'clock still inside the kevlar of the helmet. fucking lucky i know, but hes grateful
>>
>>33988149
A helmet needing to absorb or deflect a bullet is a meme. All its really good for is protecting your brain box from shrapnel and other debris or falling down onto something.
>>
File: helmet stopped 7,62x39.jpg (257KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
helmet stopped 7,62x39.jpg
257KB, 800x533px
>>33989182
The main purpose of ballistic helmets (notice the word "ballistic") for the past XX decades has been to protect from various dangers caused by indirect fire, namely frag and other crap. With improvements in materials and design, bullet protection became a part of the appeal, which is why they're NIJ rated.

People have just recently started to act like no other weapons than assault rifles exist, thinking you'd be only facing 5.56 or 7.62 threats. The modern kevlars are pretty much all III-A rated, meaning they can stop .44 Magnum, even 7.62x25 Tokarev at best. On top of that, the full level III helmet, the ECH, has been in development and testings for a while now, meaning a high level protection against your typical intermediate threats.

All that said and done, world's not black and white or play according the numbers. Both steel and kevlar pots have managed to stop or significantly change the trajectory of bullets way above their league to safe lives.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.