[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I tried a new (to me) .300 Blackout handload today for those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ME194.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
ME194.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Hey, I tried a new (to me) .300 Blackout handload today for those who care.
Thought I'd share because I think it's cool as fuck
>>
>>33984288
fucking information overload here.
>>
>>33984288
Where to start? Gun, load data, or what the bullet is, distance, medium, etc?
>>
>>33984323
I'm an idiot, supposed to be towards >>33984300
Can't into 4chan after a long day apparently
>>
>>33984288
Unreliable expansion. At least half the time, solid copper expanding bullets have the petals break off. They do minimal damage and the base continues through like an fmj.

Meme tier boolits
>>
>>33984437
This is a 194gr subsonic, not quite like the shit that breaks off that everyones doing. These have a little aluminum or something peg in the very tip to drive expansion down. I don't handload meme bullets unless I think they'll work.
I'm taking this deer hunting, so we'll see if there's any real credibility here this fall.
.300 BLK 194gr loaded at 1050, don't load them at supersonic levels because you will blow the pedals right off, wasted a few finding that out
This was 50 yards off a clear gel block, same test I've put all my other deer loads to
>>
>>33984513
https://www.lehighdefense.com/products/308-maximum-expansion-194gr-subsonic-bullet?variant=1073832868

I repeat my previous statement. All the Lehigh Defense shit is meme-tier.
>>
>>33984640
Okay, well I'm still going to figure out if it works or not in a deer this fall. I think it'll do a good job
That's exactly where I bought them
>>
>>33984667
A 194 grain bullet slogging along at 1000 fps has about as much muzzle energy as a 9mm +P from a handgun and about a similar trajectory.

Not that you couldn't kill with it, but it's going to be all about bullet placement if you do...not bullet performance. Shoot straight or you're going to wound some animal to a shitty death by infection.
>>
>>33984783
I've already grouped 10 in a 5" ring at 100, just gel tested at 50 cause I'd rather hunt at 50 with how thick my woods are.
If 9mm was legal to hunt with here for whitetail I'd give it a try with the right bullet on a +P+ load around 30-50 yards.
Trust me, I'm not new to this and have been doing it for a while. Didn't realize /k/ was so harsh on unique copper loads
>>
>>33984854
For the record, Lehigh's Controlled Chaos loaded stout in 5.56 does wonders on critters where v-maxs have failed me time and time again and a cousin knocked down a whitetail last year with one after 3 years of trying v-maxs. I know, he shouldn't be hunting deer with .223 regardless.
Only played with their brass 55gr so far, I understand the 62gr is a little easier to expand since it's copper versus brass structural integrity.
Are they the right bullet for everyone? No.
Do I think Lehigh is loading their things warm enough to work right? No.
So I can handload them, afford to play around, and make them cheaper than buying them loaded from anyone
>>
>>33984854
If you want an all copper bullet get a barnes TSX. I don't like Lehigh Defense anything and put them on the same level as the G2 Research RIP ammo and the like.

>>33984900
>cousin knocked down a whitetail last year with one after 3 years of trying v-maxs
>your cousin is shooting white tail deer with vmax bullets
>being surprised that it didn't drop immediately
>being surprised when another bullet outperforms groundhog bullets on deer
I'm starting to think this is a troll thread
>>
>>33984957
Didn't say my cousin was smart, but he changed his thought on "magic Hornadys" - We're all rednecks around here
>>33984957
I used to like Barnes, after the Remington acquisition I felt a little cheated. Don't ask me why, but I did. I play with everyone's bullets, but Lehigh and Fort Scott Munitions and Cutting Edge bullets have been my favorites so far for the solid stuff
>>
>>33985014
They're pretty magic on small critters because they make them explode when you zap them with 3,000 fps of lead.
>>
>>33984783
yeah but keep in mind that .300 blk is a longer heavier spitzer so it has better ballistics and tumbles, the bullet itself is way more devestating than a stubby 124gr round nose couldd be
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.