[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /k/, after more than a year of lurking I'm finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: finally.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
finally.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Well /k/, after more than a year of lurking I'm finally hasguns. Any tips for a beginner? Cheap ammo, gun safety, gun maintenance, anything you wish you had known when you started out.

Also please no bully, FNS was cheap and it's hard to justify spending a bunch of money on yet another expensive hobby.
>>
>>33981964
Not bad, at least its not a glock or CZ. As far as ammo goes, run whatever is most reliable for the most affordable amount. Also practice a lot and if you plan on using it for HD get some kind of light. Maintenance shouldn't be much more than oiling and cleaning once in a while. For cleaning I use boretech products because they clean very well and don't smell like shit. If there was one piece of advice I could give, buy once cry once, don't skimp out on anything that you plan to use for defensive purposes.
>>
>>33981964
not a bad first pistol at all. most people do alot worse. buy loads of ammo and shoot the piss out of it. use clp to clean/lubricate.
>>
>>33981964
make sure to filter the tripfags
>>
>>33981964
>anything you wish you had known when you started out.

I was 5 so....just about everything about all topics.
>>
File: FNX452.jpg (136KB, 964x657px) Image search: [Google]
FNX452.jpg
136KB, 964x657px
>>33981964
>FNS9

Sup bro? I handled an FNS40 while looking for this guy. Felt nice, although it seemed to have very aggressive texture on the grip.
>>
>>33981992
Thanks, LGS threw in an "Otis" cleaning package that came with a brass brush, bore snake, and some CLP. Gonna go to Walmart before the range tomorrow/the day after and see what they have so I can compare with online.
>>33981997
Cheers, and yeah I plan to. Live in a pretty liberal area but luckily a few of my friends are pro-gun liberals and invited me to go shooting with them this weekend. Gonna try to hit the range at least once before them just to get the hang of it.
>>33982019
It is a bit aggressive but I work construction so my hands are pretty well calloused. Only thing that seems to hurt is loading mags, is it just me or is handloading mags a great way to blister the shit outa your fingertips?
>>
>>33981964
Congratulations /k/omrade!

It's better than my first gun--I bought an old Jennings.

>cheap ammo
Pretty simple: Buy the cheapest, shittiest ammo that feeds reliably. Maybe buy one box of good defense hollow points, but don't shoot them. Buy in the biggest bulk you can afford. Online ammo purchasing is overrated, shipping costs usually make it not worth it unless you buy in massive bulk.

>gun safety
Other people say there are 4 or 10 or some odd rules of gun safety, I say there's one: Clear the gun obsessively. Clear it before handing it to someone, before cleaning, before dry firing, really before you do anything that wouldn't be safe to do if it was loaded. If other people are around, show the clear gun around briefly. If I'm handing someone a gun without clearing it at the range, I tell them what condition it's in as I hand it over.

>anything you wish you'd known
If a gun has really mixed reviews, some saying it's great and some saying it's awful, it's probably a good gun design with really bad quality control. You're taking a gamble if you buy one of those. I learned that with the EAA Windicator, all the reviews were really solid and it's a great gun in concept, but mine has a defect and apparently a lot of others do too.
>>
>>33982108
Don't even bother with shit cleaning chemicals. Otis tools are okay for cleaning, I prefer to use a carbon fiber rod, and the jags/brushes that bore tech sells. The solvents they sell clean sooooooo easy that I don't think its worth trying anything else(I've spent easily over $300 trying to find good cleaning chemicals). Also you can get magloaders for cheap.
>>
>>33981964
fuck yess, nice.

Now buy a sight pusher so you can adjust the zero.

9mm is pretty cheap too, buy in bulk.

also buy 4+ more magazines
>>
File: Handgats&Case.jpg (254KB, 739x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Handgats&Case.jpg
254KB, 739x1190px
>>33982108
>is it just me or is handloading mags a great way to blister the shit outa your fingertips?

Nope, its not just you. Once the mags wear in, it will get a little easier. My beretta mags are now a year old and still like to bite.

>>33982119
>Clear the gun obsessively. Clear it before handing it to someone, before cleaning, before dry firing, really before you do anything that wouldn't be safe to do if it was loaded. If other people are around, show the clear gun around briefly.
This. I do the same and it's become habit for me.
>>
1. Muzzle awareness. Imagine a lightsaber coming out the barrel at all times. Don't cover what You don't want hit.

2. Booger hook off bang switch until sights on target.

3. Fundamentals. Focus on front sight, Press trigger straight back till Gun suprises You by going off. Reaquire sights. Release trigger until it resets then repeat.

4. Dryfire practice. Seperate ammo in a room, and dryfire at post it notes on wall in other location. Repeat #3.

5. Impress people with new skills Your probably will never use.
>>
>>33982165

Yep. The answer to how many times should you clear the weapon is always "Maybe just one more time to be safe". Can't go wrong.
>>
>>33981964
An FNS was also my first gun. Hasn't given me any problems.
>>
>>33981992
why the fuck arent you filtered
>>
>>33981964
Remember to get your FNS inspected by an FN Certified Armorer for every 2,000 round interval!
>>
>>33981964
>>33982211
>>2. Booger hook off bang switch until sights on target.
Had to read that a couple times, 10/10
Would agree with above. Also read the damn manual and work on your GRIP more than anything.
Ammunition Depot and Freedom Munitions have good prices on ammo. Just be ready to order in bulk for free shipping.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.