[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of you faggots was on forged in fire? https://ww

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault.jpg (228KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
228KB, 1920x1080px
Which one of you faggots was on forged in fire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoYpZkYlStU
>>
>>33981459
I don't get it?
>>
>>33981459
Illya's the top smith on Man At Arms: Reforged. He's got a pretty broad repertoire of techniques at hand.
>>
>>33981459
who won?
>>
>>33981917
Thanks, Senpai. I hadn't seen that show yet.
>>
This show's pretty comfy to watch.
No nonsense biases or fuddlore like all the History Channel's gunshows, just some guys and girls making some neat blades.

Did anyone else see the one with the actual Weeb? He comes into the shop wearing a Gi and saying how he lives by a Native American and Japanese lifestyle. Then he's in his home forge and wearing a bandana and Rising Sun headband.
All that aside, he did make some really nice patterns in his blades though.
>>
>>33981459
I love how the entire episode the judges were giving Ilya shit and making fun of him and he ended up winning the whole damn thing.
>>
>>33981710
Was not prepared for deez coconuts.
>>
>>33983937
It's a youtube series by the AWE ME channel.

Avoid the original Man At Arms. Different smithy that lazed out with cutting steel plate on every build, while on Reforged for every build they try to do something cool and relevant for the build, like actually building a Japanese crucible forge to melt iron sand for a katana build, or an extremely complex damascus to try to duplicate the black surface/stars on the supercharged Inuyasha sword.
>>
>>33983963
I find it fun and entertaining to watch. The ones who quench in water are the best. They don't even question why all the judges are suddenly putting their heads down or screaming NO NO NO.
>>
>>33984150
How the fuck do they fund this shit? Surely the YouTube ad dollars aren't enough to pay for these projects.
>>
>>33984386
Is the steel low in magnesium? Because you are supposed to water quench some steels. Others take oil. Water quenching is not inherently bad, just specific to the material.

Guess that's a new show to add to my watch list.
>>
>>33984428
>>>33984150
>How the fuck do they fund this shit? Surely the YouTube ad dollars aren't enough to pay for these projects.

Publicity for there business plus advertising bux. Like I am sure they got a HEFTY sum for making that sword for the what'sit Avalon game.
>>
>>33984428
I think a lot are commissioned works. For instance they built the Greatsword of Artorias in an episode and then I saw in some E3 video or something about the time Dark Souls 3 was coming out the booth had the sword they had made so not only did they not keep it but in that instance it was sold/previously commissioned.

For stuff that's not commissioned it's probably auctioned off. As long as they make even a slight profit they're good. YouTube bux pays the channels film crew, the shop gets man hours + materials cost and a little profit back, it's a win win.
>>
>>33984150
This. The original is utter shit. Little to no forging and almost all the pieces are pot metal good for at most a stage prop.

That particular smith did the shit swords on that god awful Robin Williams Peter Pan movie if that tells you anything.
>>
I couldn't believe Walter Sorrells blade broke when he was on. He did give an interesting video on the experience though.
>>
>>33984091
>I love how the entire episode the judges were giving Ilya shit and making fun of him and he ended up winning the whole damn thing.
And he does it doing a bunch of higher-tier techniques than the rest do.
>>
>>33983963
I like this show, watched it every week. My problem is just the historical background narration part for the historical blade take-home challenge are incredibly cringe-worthy. The popular depiction part is especially mall-ninja tier, moreover if said weapon are never depicted in a real documentary and they just slap any stock footage they got under 300ish filter.

That guy's the real deal. Expert smith, unlike the other weeb who got eliminated early on and won the rematch because the old black man can't manage time.
>>
>>33984428
I'd be surprised if they weren't having companies pay them to make something from their product.
>>
>>33984975
Some of the videos/sets of videos are clearly sponsored, some even have actors come in to introduce.

For the Battlefield 1 items (a Jambiya and a trench club) they had Danny Trejo.

The Fallout 4 one where they competed to replicate 4 weapons is pretty cool, except for the bladed bat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1vnv2cICCM&list=PLUUGFk1wE5OFOpfPz3ggXQrCSdQdFEslx&index=34
>>
>>33984621
Some people just make mistakes when under pressure and can't work fast. He's made some really impressive stuff when not under the pump for time.
I completely understand, most of the more complicated and precise knives I've made are anywhere between 10-30 man hours of work to get to a state I'm happy with. Lot of that is stuff like polishing and fiddly decorative shit though

FIF is entertaining though.
>>
File: 1387468373793.png (74KB, 171x278px) Image search: [Google]
1387468373793.png
74KB, 171x278px
>turboweeb bragging about how easy it is to make a hamon
>gets booted because his hamon was inadequate
>>
>>33984150
They used the Koa Isshin Mantetsu forging method for one of the Katanas as well, very neat.
>>
>>33982982
Ilya did.
He's a good smith, but an even better armorer.
Made a spiked shield with a built in glaive.
>>
>>33981459
>Kukri
>Thinking a chopping weapon is suppose to slice.

Holy shit this is why I don't watch TV.
>>
File: 1458097841941.jpg (53KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
1458097841941.jpg
53KB, 600x593px
>>33981459
>giving Ilya shit
Isn't Reforged literally about the company he's working at that's been doing weapon props for 20+ years?
>>
>>33981459
cool
>>
>>33983963
It's good until you realise they don't have enough time to make anything functionally good
>>
>>33987012
I think Ilya did pretty well. Even if it wasn't a great result in the time frame he did a much tougher technique and still got a fairly decent blade out of it. Having to make a good blade from a single piece of mystery metal is risky, much less three.

The one guy eliminated first couldn't even get the stuff he picked to forge weld and was left with nothing. The second guy shouldn't have even entered if he knew he might have health problems that would seriously impede his efforts with the time frame he had. The third guy getting angry as hell while wasting his time with the two halves approach to the shield and then not finishing it hurt bad compared to Ilya's minor hiccups in production.
>>
File: Screenshot from Talwar.png (745KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot from Talwar.png
745KB, 1280x720px
Bladesmiths!! You have 10 minutes to design a signature blade beginning.... NOW!!!
>>
File: Screenshot from Talwar - 1.png (797KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot from Talwar - 1.png
797KB, 1280x720px
>>33989906
>>
>>33989914
>>
>>33989906

Interestingly enough I actually knew a guy from the Talwar episode. Family lent him some books on blacksmithing back when we were in high school together.
>>
>>33989936
why don't they just shoot each other?
>>
>>33991893
It's a knife show.
>>
File: 1453833324862.jpg (101KB, 518x713px) Image search: [Google]
1453833324862.jpg
101KB, 518x713px
That host with the long hair was a former Ranger AND Air Force PJ

Fucking brutal
>>
>>33981459

>All those reality TV tropes

The subject matter is masculine, but the drama is so fucking female. This shit is embarrassing.
>>
>>33992304
Motherfuckin Wil Willis! Does anyone else remember his show Special Ops Mission? Where he did simulated missions against other SOF/combat vets. That shit was so cool when I was younger.
>>
File: 20160528_104307_HDR-1.jpg (1MB, 2981x1677px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_104307_HDR-1.jpg
1MB, 2981x1677px
Gotta say, the photos and videos of the stuff they make on reforged doesn't do the pieces justice. Getting to actually hold some of thier stuff was fucking rad
>>
File: 20160528_104257_HDR-1.jpg (1MB, 2972x1682px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_104257_HDR-1.jpg
1MB, 2972x1682px
The panel Ilya ran on arms and armor in anime/fiction was genuinely educational too, even with matt screwing around in the background
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.