[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix this? >7 yards >9mm Obviously those ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0564.jpg (956KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0564.jpg
956KB, 4032x3024px
How do I fix this?

>7 yards
>9mm

Obviously those ones way off are limp wristing of the highest order, but you can see how my pattern is literally off my mark consistently to the right. Also, southpaw not a righty.
>>
>>33979197
hold left
>>
>>33979204

You mean aim further to the left? Isn't that either fundamentally a sights issue and also reinforcing a bad habit?
>>
>>33979197
>7 yards
oh shit nigga, you should resort to bb guns with that aiming
>>
>>33979197
Try adjusting your grip and particularly your trigger pull. When I started I had a similar problem (pattern was to the right, but I'm a righty) and it was because I was pulling too close to my finger joint instead of using the center of my finger pad. If you use the very tip of your finger for the trigger it could be pushing the gun away from your hand, i.e. to the right if you're a southpaw.

Your sights could just be off, too. Try a different gun and see how you do, or let somebody you know is a good shooter try yours.
>>
>>33979197
What were you aiming for? Try a couple ball and dummy drills. Sounds like you're jerking the trigger, or flinching
>>
>>33979223

Thanks, it's the second time I've ever gone shooting. That being said - there was a lot of old timers and bubba's who were doing a hell of a lot worse. I saw a guy in the stall next to me with a Shield aim at a target that couldn't have been more than two yards away and miss three times in a row.
>>
File: shooting mistakes.png (245KB, 2352x2352px) Image search: [Google]
shooting mistakes.png
245KB, 2352x2352px
>>33979243
>it's the second time I've ever gone shooting
okay that's an excuse.
You probably shoot too fast, concentrate more between the shots and make sure you don't hesitate pulling the trigger and get a tighter grip.
>>
>>33979233
>>33979239

Basically it could be:

>trigger finger
>grip
>flinching
>and remote possibility of sights

Ball and dummy drill seems interesting. I will try that the next time I go shooting. Not sure who to ask about shooting my gun for me. I figure the RO would say no to me asking them. As for shooting too quickly, I wasn't pulling the trigger as fast as I was able and just magdump, but it was something one shot every two to three seconds.

I was originally considering getting a 22 but I've heard stories about learning to shoot with a 22 as an adult being a mixed bag, because if you suddenly go up to 9mm or 45 you can still have grip or flinching issues. I figured I should just start at 9mm.
>>
How do you deal with flinching? I've been shooting for a few years now but mostly with rifles, and my groups with pistols are pretty shit. I've narrowed down my problem to flinching, but I don't know how to get rid of it.
>>
>>33979275
that target is made for strong hand only pistol shooting, it helps in exactly no way shape or form for 2 handed freestyle shooting
>>
>>33979243
When we taught other marines to shoot, am important aspect of aiming is focus eyesight on your sights NOT the target. Target should be blurry
>>
>>33979197
grip that shit hard

focus on pressing the trigger with steadily increasing force. do not "smash" through the wall by just applying a shit ton of force all at once. Imagine linearly increasing pressure on the trigger.
>>
>>33980796
Stop being a bitch, dry fire practice, chamber a round then drop mag and practice double taps to catch yourself flinching
>>
File: 1494956002137.jpg (171KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494956002137.jpg
171KB, 1000x750px
OP, your jerking the trigger like crazy and anticipating the recoil. You didn't even get close to your target.

Oh, you want a serious answer? Practice more.
>>
>>33979197
fix what? shoot the hostage in a non vital area, bullets penetrate the bad guy behind or creates an opening for you to shoot bad guy. its a viable tactic. very russian
>>
>>33979197
Massive flinching, maybe more.
>>
>>33981704
>one hostage
>one threat
>two body bags
>>
>>33981685

I should have saved the other one where I just tried to shoot the target in the head - pretty much every round went into the hostage's head. I kept thinking about that video from Brazil where the cop shot the hostage taker in the head in pretty much this exact same position. I would be a terrible cop.
>>
>>33981451

How do I do this without just pushing it as fast as I can? I think you are probably onto something with this because I can feel myself secondguessing whether or not I've not pressed my finger onto the trigger firm enough to cycle through the action, or light enough where it does cycle, but the gun bounces in my hand.
>>
>>33979197
Learn to speak russian and drink plenty of vodka
>>
>>33983034
OK anon, what kinda? Striker or hammer?
Limp wristing is NOT something that will throw shots off. Holding a weapon with a light grip and poor trigger control will though. And the solution is not to grip the gun hard the solution is to master trigger control. And Don't get too caught up on trigger finger placement. I place my first knuckle on the trigger for DA shots on some pistols with heavy pulls (92fs with factory hammer spring) and the pad of my finger on others (SA shots or lightened hammer spring guns) and I also place my trigger finger about as close to the first knuckle as possible without actually being on the knuckle sometimes too if it feels good for that trigger.

Your problem is trigger control, 70% of pistol issues are trigger control. The other 29% is anticipating recoil and the last 1% is everything else people mention.
>>
>>33983247
But anon? How do I master trigger control.
>dry practice

I must have done 100 dry practice shots a day every day for months before I could comfortably pick up a pistol and confidently perform a smooth trigger pull that resulted in the sites being completely still after the break.

If you pull the trigger and your sites wiggle, move, vibrate, jump, flinch... ANYTHING. Your trigger control is off. The sites should be totally motionless when that trigger breaks. So dry fire dry fire dry fire. Stop wasting ammo. Dry fire. Maybe shoot one mag per week just to make sure you're not flinching. My dry practice dry practice dry practice.
>>
>>33983284
>>33983247
>>33979197
I gunna stay on my soap box some more.
>dry fire
also,
>dry fire

You'll find that if you are focused and paying attention, you'll notice certain grip positions or certain things will make your sites jump when the trigger breaks. These are the things to pay attention to and the things that you will develop a muscle memory for. I noticed that if my strong hand thumb was not wrapped around the grip well my sites jumped high and right when the trigger broke. I gripped the pistol at a different angle so my thumb was further along the pistol and noticed that helped. But your pistol/trigger/hands will be different. So dry fire a lot to get to know your grip/finger placement/trigger so you know what will produce a steady site picture when that trigger breaks.

did I mention dry fire?
>dry fire
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.