[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you that hunt have you had any bad experiences with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: steve-poskey-deer.jpg (145KB, 1800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
steve-poskey-deer.jpg
145KB, 1800x1198px
For those of you that hunt have you had any bad experiences with animals? Times where they got the jump on you, things didn't go as planned, or something much bigger than you expected popped out?
>>
>>33977791
I hunted in Bosnia one time and will never do so again. Imagine running from a bear through a minefield.
>>
>>33977799
>hunted in Bosnia

Please plz tell me you were hunting men
>>
Had some fatfuck and his landwhale wife walk up on me in a National forest. They were pulling some rusted kid's wagon and didn't have on any orange.

Turns out they had game cameras and waddled out whenever my feeder went off. Fuck those faggots.
>>
>>33979372
I was hunting hillary clinton
>>
been hunting for 16 years, no crazy shit, but some near misses did happen

when i was 20 i was hunting pheasant with my dad in an area known for abundant game, so we brought buckshot and a rifle to be sure nothing happened. we got confident, drove around some different areas, got some birds, and no sightings on anything bigger, so slowly but surely the rifle was forgotten inside the truck.

i was the youngest, so i was keeping pace with the dogs, i was near a darker part of the woods, lots of trees, and had just taken a bird on flight, it fell by the denser trees, so i was searching for it with one of the dogs, while i could hear my dad and uncle's voices and the hounds. i was really getting into it, i was crawling on all fours where i thought the bird had fallen, messing with the bushes, and didn't realize the dog was doing this weird mix of whimpering at the dark and trapping it at the same time. when i noticed it, i just kept looking at the dog instead of the trees, and almost couldn't see when a fuck huge hog jumped at me with fangs shining and blood in its eyes

i am fast on my feet, so i darted to the ground to my right, escaped the boar barely and started shouldering my shotgun while my dog was being steamrolled by the hog. i carry a german custom double barreled .20 for bird hunting that was loaded with just one, since i had just killed a bird.

i shot at the hog and normally i hit, but i was trying not to hit the dog, i was at about 7 yards from the hog, the dog was already darting back to my dad, but still i missed, it was an unsure shot. the hog did those fucking u-turn mid charge that they do and charged me straight again.

i was already back on my feet and running like crazy to the right when my uncle showed up pointing a gun over my shoulder, i threw myself at the ground, throwing my gun sideways and i hear a shot above my head, and the hog rolls into a full stop right by my legs.

it wasn't even that big, just pissed as fuck and lusting for my blood
>>
>>33977791
The fucking DNR showing up and scaring away the Deer. Hurr Durr you got your hunting license hurr Durr.
>>
First time turkey hunting this year. Don't have much land to go about stalking so ended up sitting in a make shift blind of tree branches and grasses. It was raining before I even I got out there. Sun finally came out around 9 with more rain coming in. Decided to say fuck it haven't heard/ seen anything, leaned down into the warm sun stretching my back and lit a cigarette. Even before exhaling I was bringing myself up just to see a huge Tom watching me an eating the grass on my shitty blind. Didn't get to shoot. Kind of a lame story.
>>
>>33979458

>wagons
>orange
>feeders

You all suck dick.
>>
>>33980434
Hunters orange is a legal requirement in a lot of States.
>>
>>33980434
I wear orange even though I only hunt on my father's land. The main reason our neighbor shot his own Holstein heifer on opener about ten years ago.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.