[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got some cheap black powder rifles from wal-mart at the end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Thundermuscle.jpg (592KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Thundermuscle.jpg
592KB, 960x1280px
I got some cheap black powder rifles from wal-mart at the end of hunting season. They're .50 cal so what do you think would happen if I drilled out the primer cap to fit a .500S&W and shot it?
>>
>>33975758
I fucking dare you
>>
>>33975758
Nice try ATF
>>
Picture appropriate - this is a very Todd Margaret kind of idea.
>>
File: muhwolf.jpg (692KB, 2048x1529px) Image search: [Google]
muhwolf.jpg
692KB, 2048x1529px
>>33975788
I'm really tempted. I mean the fucker was like dirty dirt cheap
>>
If someone mails me a cartridge I'll try it
>>
>>33975758
dude, blackpowder isnt as strong as modern smokeless powder. if you find some way to fire a .550S&W through it, it will explode
>>
>>33976104
So since the black powder isn't as powerful they just made the gun out of pot metal?

I'm guessing they're overbuilt
>>
>>33975758
Don't do it. Black powder chamber pressures are lower than modern powder. Hence, the gun wasn't made for it. For shits and giggles it would be an interesting experiment do what you are thinking and to take apart the modern cartridges to change the powder load to see what the gun can handle. Also the legality of what you want to do is suspect.
Also Hi ATF
>>
Just curious why you /k/ids think that changing a black powder rifle to accept metallic cartridges would be illegal? You do realize that you can make guns at home (including pipe shotguns) legally right? As long as you don't make them to sell you can make anything non NFA without any legal hoops.
>>
File: funeral.jpg (34KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
funeral.jpg
34KB, 530x298px
>>33975758

Anon was not smart or particularly well liked but we gather here today because society dictates that is the proper thing to do.
>>
>>33975758
>>33975806
>>33976210
>>33976395
It's legal just, really, really, REALLY stupid.
Best case, rifle turns into banana.
Worst case, rip OP.
>>
>>33976567
I don't know, it seems pretty solidly built.

The weld on the bottom hinge where it fits into the receiver is pretty as fuck
>>
>>33976395
It would be illegal in Canada, but if you're buying muskets at Walmart it's probably not Canada
>>
>>33975899
>>33975829
>>33975758
Ok ATF we get it, it's a slow day, now piss off
>>
>>33975806
>>33976210
>>33979535
nothing about this is illegal
>>
Think about what keeps the blast from the tiny little primer from greeting your face, then decide if it's worth it
>>
>>33980544
This

>>33977968
OP, several people have explained to you it's a bad idea, yet you continue to disbelieve us. Clearly, you intend on maiming yourself so go ahead and do what you want.
>>
Once or twice a week, some anon will show up and ask one of two bad questions:
1) "Hi, /k/ - what's the best way to commit this firearms-related felony I've got in mind? I ask because it seems easier than just going down to the gun shop and doing the 15 minutes worth of paperwork it would take to buy a gun legally."
2) "Hi /k/ - I'm not a qualified gunsmith, so I'd like your advice on making an untested, potentially dangerous modification to this firearm I have. That seems like a better alternative than either simply using it as intended or selling it and then buying a firearm that does what I want it to do straight from the factory."

You just can't talk sense into some people.
>>
>>33981331
I just chalk it up to underage b& because I refuse to believe an adult who's smart enough to use 4chan would be that stupid.
>>
>>33976104
People have done centerfire conversions many times. He isn't converting a 200yr old gun.

He is however too retarded to realize he has no locking mechanism
>>
>>33979463
Percussion rifles are already non restricted, and modifying ti to take another round but meeting all the requirements of the non restricted class wouldn't be illegal.

Modifying an actual antique percussion to another round, that's illegal.
>>
>>33982705
It has a locking mechanism. That's what the blade in front of the trigger is for
>>
File: 1486844796675.gif (156KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1486844796675.gif
156KB, 500x282px
>>33981370
>smart enough to use 4chan
>smart enough
>smart
>enough
>>
>>33975758
>Crows eggs!
>Milk!
>>
>>33982705
>People have done centerfire conversions many times. He isn't converting a 200yr old gun
But why do it at all? H&R Handi-Rifles are cheap on Gunbroker, and won't blow up in your face and leave you looking like Harvey Dent. Or hey, here's an idea - just shoot that black powder rifle the way it was designed to be shot. Grab that and a Cold Steel gunstock war club and you're ready to be a modern-day Natty Bumppo.
>>
>>33975758
>drilled out the primer cap to fit a .500S&W and shot it?

Great idea! The firing pin WILL reach the cap, and the rifle WILL accept a rimmed cartridge, of course, and when you drop the hammer, it WILL spew more shrapnel than most frag grenades,

Actually, all you'll do is ruin a $60 BP rifle.

Dipshit.
>>
>>33983375
>Actually, all you'll do is ruin a $60 BP rifle.
>Dipshit.
Also, I live in California - do you have *any* idea how much I'd love to find literally ANY firearm for $60 bucks? Especially one that's new, and legal, and not a complete piece of crap.
>>
>>33983397
>do you have *any* idea how much I'd love to find literally ANY firearm for $60 bucks?

Drill out the primer cap, and you won't be able to use that fucker for anything but a club.

Sorry you live in Commiefornia, but I assume that's there's some sort of real firearm that could be purchased legally.
>>
>>33982795
>Modifying an actual antique percussion to another round, that's illegal.
that's not illegal, its immoral
>>
>>33983497
>Drill out the primer cap, and you won't be able to use that fucker for anything but a club.
Oh, I'm not OP, and I agree with you. I'm just saying that I'd love to find that rifle for $60 bucks. I'd keep it exactly as-is, and would head out to the Sierras to blast wild hogs with it, or maybe even take it along when I visit my dad in upstate New York (black powder is legal even there) and play Last of the Mohicans in the actual Adirondacks.
>>
>>33983610

I strongly approve.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.