[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /k/, is there any merit to the 'Clean Wehrmacht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Nazi Asuka.jpg (203KB, 920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi Asuka.jpg
203KB, 920x1280px
Tell me /k/, is there any merit to the 'Clean Wehrmacht meme'?
>>
>>33974443
Yes. Not every single man in the german military necessarily wanted Jew babies on spikes but that doesn't mean the wehrmacht wasn't also implicit in many atrocities as well.
>>
>>33974443
Come back when you can kill an Angel, Auska.
>>
>>33974457
>Not every single man in the german military
>man in the german military
>man
>german
>triggered

no but seriously every german is racist and should let more refugees in their country.
>>
File: Opi hat Spaß.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
Opi hat Spaß.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>33974443
Opi only killed dirty Russians and a few Poles, but no jewish babies
>>
I would say it's honestly not worth worrying about. The Nazis were Nazis the best thing to do is let them fade into history.

That and pretty much the first step of every neo-chan is to try to minimize or equalize the obviously worse side's war crimes.
>>
>>33974443

Kriegsmarine : relatively cleanest

Heer : keeping traditional Prussian military tradition but being under Nazi control
and did ugly things

Luftwaffe : dated back to its foundation, being ideologically same as Nazi party
>>
>>33976836
>>
File: 1.jpg (141KB, 450x680px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
141KB, 450x680px
>>33974443

Well, they did terrible stuff (as everyone did) and they were accomplices of the Nazis time and time again, but as the book here points out rather well the most interesting thing is how even early the Cold War sensibilities shaped heavily the "myth". West Germans were needed as allies, thus it was needed to whitewash and support them as closely as possible (the irony of Churchill paying lawyers to defend German generals is great). Furthermore, most historical work on the subject was done by former German generals and not by civvie historians, so they had for a good 40 years complete authority to build their own image as "Clean Wehrmacht, We were going to Win, Hitler was a monster and lost the War".

It's interestingly enough the same mechanism that left people believe the "Muh Asian Hordes" Eastern Front memes: up until the 90ies and 00ies, there wasn't access to Soviet Archives (and Soviet historiography was rather...well....forced and unknown) thus we believed the bollocks German stories about 100:1 kill ratios.

Luckily research sometimes improves with time.
>>
>>33974457
>jews on spikes
>atrocity
Pick one
>>
>>33974443
They fought international judeo bolshevism
In my book that makes them pretty clean
>>
>>33977413
>the best thing to do is let them fade into history.
Forgetting the six million? I don't think they'll like it very much
>>
File: 9f6.png (144KB, 601x590px) Image search: [Google]
9f6.png
144KB, 601x590px
>>33977461
>reminding me that Prussia's military traditions were thoroughly destroyed because it was absorbed by the nazis.
I didn't need this feel today.
>>
>>33974443
Keep in mind less than 10% of Germany was in the Nazi party, granted some Wehrmacht of course committed war crimes (can't have a war without war crimes), most of them were just soldiers following orders.

Keep in mind men like Rommel were despised by Hitler for refusing to kill Jewish prisoners.
>>
Depends on what front you look at

Generally the Nazis were despicable in pretty much every theatre minus the North African campaign

Rommel, everyone with a dick on /k/'s favourite general (ie a pattonfag), instilled in his soldiers to fight ''Krieg ohne Haß'', or war without hate

I don't think the Germans were very interested in North Africa's local populations so I doubt much abuse of the civilians occurred apart from the actions of a couple of sadists

Just depends if the Commanders were under Hitler's thumb and bought into the Aryan meme/were committed Nazis; or whether or not they were just good soldiers fighting for their country.
>>
>>33974443
It's never gonna properly happen. In the US, maybe but not back in germany. Things are just too fucked there
>>
File: nein.jpg (61KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
nein.jpg
61KB, 750x500px
>>33977742
>yfw you can't have Iron crosses because of Nazi's
>>
>>33974443
>Cleansing the world of jewish and bolchevic filth
>Best music
>In service of Führer, Volk und Vaterland
Seems pretty clean
>>
File: 1487638027343.png (858KB, 734x804px) Image search: [Google]
1487638027343.png
858KB, 734x804px
Rommel is basically the one notable example who you could actually say was a "Good" Nazi and even then there's some evidence that at least some of that reputation was Nazi propaganda.

Either way look where it got him, executed by SS because of Hitler's paranoia

>h-he committed suicide!

Sure buddy, you keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>33977556
>acting like kebab and nig nog

The reason we hate them isn't simply the color of their skin.
>>
>>33974443
it wasn't clean, tough there were a few exceptions. E.g.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Brown_and_Franz_Stigler_incident
>>
File: 1492137611630.jpg (127KB, 576x635px) Image search: [Google]
1492137611630.jpg
127KB, 576x635px
>>33978649
this
>>
>>33978695
>Rommel
>not Doenitz
>>
>>33974443
Some early on. During invasion of Poland, there were instances when Germans acted honorably, but there were also lots of cases when they didn't or even out right commited warcrimes.
>>
>>33977549
Someone know where I can find the original pic used in this cover and who is his artist?
>>
>>33977461
>Kriegsmarine : relatively cleanest
And even they managed to completely destroy the sterling reputation that the 2nd Reich's commerce raiders earned in WWI.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.