[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here taken the AFOQT and/or TBAS? I would appreciate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: AFOQT-TEST.jpg (18KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
AFOQT-TEST.jpg
18KB, 700x400px
Has anyone here taken the AFOQT and/or TBAS?

I would appreciate any first-hand commentary on the content of the tests or how best to prepare for them.

When I took the ASVAB some time ago I made a 98 on it, but I doubt that is meaningful in this context. There seems to be a consensus that high school SAT vs collegiate ACT/SAT is a fair comparison between the two tests.
>>
Study the ASA groundschool book.
>>
It's easy. Nothing to worry about.
>>
>>33972855
One question from the one I recently took
>What is a cat?
>A. a mammal
>B. a plant
>C. a bird
>D. a reptile
>>
Get the barron's book and use the peterson's online test. I heard from a RPA pilot and a CSO that TBAS is piss easy if you've ever flown sims or arcade flying games before. If you can, go to groundschool somewhere so you can get an understanding of how a plane maneuvers, and various airport/aviation trivia.
>>
>>33973602
If TBAS is so easy, how do so many people wind up with such low scores?
>>
>>33974505
>how do so many people wind up with such low scores?
I have no idea what we are talking about here, but the answer to that question is always the same: Most people are dumb as posts.
>>
File: isis hill.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
isis hill.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>33974505
if you are on 4chan you are probably IQ 115-140
and most of the people you know are in the same range
there are entire segments of the population that are iq 85-95
they are dumber than shit
>>
>>33974505
Not the guy you're replying to, but have taken both.

For AFOQT: brush up on your high school physics principles, especially simple machines like levers and pulleys. You can't really prepare for anything else.

TBAS is all related to the aviation community. It's stuff you're not going to know unless you seek it out. Stuff like "Your attitude indicator looks like this (shows an image of an indicator that indicates a climbing lefthand turn). What is the attitude of the plane? Or "What is the empennage?"

You'll know everything if you have your Private Pilot license or attended the ground school for same. But you can otherwise learn everything you'll need to know from The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (get the PDF for like 5 bucks)
>>
>>33974598
Also, ALLCAPS for anyone lurking

IF YOU WANT TO BECOME AN AIR FORCE PILOT, GET YOUR PRIVATE PILOTS LICENSE. FLIGHT HOURS AND LICENSING IS HEAVILY WEIGHTED INTO SELECTION SCORES FOR A RATED SLOT.
>>
>>33974614
Yeah, as I understand your PCSM score scales with your flight hour count all to 200+ hours.
>>
>>33974568
It would be very interesting to see some actual iq statistics of 4chan users.
Pol would of course have the highest average iq.
>>
>>33974627
Was in AFROTC back when they changed the selection criteria to this. People did not do their research and top performers in the Det missed the cut while shitbags who played the game right ended up at UPT
>>
>>33974568
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: american.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
american.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
>Have to take the AFOQT/TBAS later this year
>Out of money and time for flight lessons with ~7 hours logged
>>
>>33974789
The TBAS scales retroactively, but you'll have to find a way to get hours if you actually want a shot.
>>
>>33974824
I've already taken out a bunch of loans for college, what's one more?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.