[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just found this in my grandpa's old belongings. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4298.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4298.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I just found this in my grandpa's old belongings.
I don't know much about guns cuz strict gun control in my country.
What kind of gun it is? What model?
Is it good for self-defense?
Or just give me a quick rundown on it pls
>>
File: IMG_4300.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4300.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33969628
More pics
>>
File: IMG_4301.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4301.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33969628
>>33969634
There was some bullets with it as well
>>
>>33969628
1928 Smith & Wesson assault revolver, highly illegal.
>>
>>33969628
If you're in the UK, do NOT take it to police. Despite your intent, they will arrest you for possessing it. There are cases of well meaning citizens taking such discoveries to police and getting collared on the spot. If you wish to keep it for defense, tell no one. Ever.

If you wish to dispose of it, still tell no one, but chuck it in the sea on a moonless night, or bury it and forget it. You could even wrap it up and shove it in one of those stupid knife bins if you still have those.
>>
>>33969628

>strict gun control in my country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhpauKGgQ4
>>
>>33969628
Smith and Wesson 22 revolver. Hide it like Gramps did. You might need it for the invading horde someday.
>>
>>33969675
>.22lr
You've got a better chance of defending yourself with a lock in a sock, but it's better than nothing. Congrats on becoming hasguns, now delete this thread and hide the thing before the Gestapo show up.
>>
Put it back into hiding.
>>
>>33969717
Or wait for the next amnesty.

That is if you want to be a cuck.
>>
>>33969628
It's a 22 revolver. Better than nothing I suppose, but if your country is strict against guns I'd hide it in your attic and pretend you never found it.
>>
File: Beavis And Butthead Confederate.jpg (34KB, 436x332px) Image search: [Google]
Beavis And Butthead Confederate.jpg
34KB, 436x332px
>>33969785

>amnesty

Not even in jest.
>>
File: IMG_3277.jpg (44KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3277.jpg
44KB, 750x728px
>>33969717
Wow really? That's shitty.
No i live in South America, and since there has been a home invasion close to my street i think im gonna keep it, just in case.
>>33969728
Yeah, it's bad, many people secretly own guns, but the grand majority doesn't. gonna lurk more in this board and learn more, i always wanted to be quite armed, so i may eventually move to the US so i can buy some.
>>33969738
I will, i was going to tell my brother but he will probably want to dispose it so im keeping it.
>>33969744
I figured, but at least i feel safer with it.
>>33969753
Will do
>>33969816
Yes, but i have something to defend myself now, it makes me feel safer.
I will hide it just in case.

Thanks for all the info /k/
>>
>>33969924
>i always wanted to be quite armed, so i may eventually move to the US so i can buy some.

It's a shame things aren't like the good old days, otherwise somebody could just mail you some guns.
>>
>>33969924
NEAT GUN OP!!

Looks like a smith and wesson chambered in .22 long rifle.
-get a tooth brush and a microfibre cloth with some solvent and gently rub it down untill the corrosion comes off
- then dip it in cosmoline and bury it dude, better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
>>
>>33970267
and that is impossible now because why?
>>
>>33970324
Gun Control Act of 1968.
>>
>>33969924
You should familiarize yourself with the controls before trying to use it for self defense btw. Just don't go pointing it at anyone.
>>
>>33969924
Good job OP keep it and try to train with it a bit
Also go read up or watch youtube videos on gun safety and shooting techniques
>>
>>33970324

They actually check the mail now, and you can't just do whatever you want.
>>
>>33969628
Wtf is that? It can't shoot anything larger than a .22. my guess is a .22 revolver.
>>
cool, how bad are the uks gun laws compared to australia? here in order to get a hand gun you have to jump through tonnes of hoops and pay heaps of shit and its almost impossible to get a rifle
>>
>>33969628
Quit lying Gustavo you didn't just find that gun
>>
>>33969924
Do you know the four safety rules of firearms?
>>
>>33970679
never point it at someone without intent to kill
assume its loaded / treat it as such
trigger finger off trigger
never look dowm the barrel

not him but a guess
>>
File: 13669266_1.jpg (27KB, 1024x550px) Image search: [Google]
13669266_1.jpg
27KB, 1024x550px
>>33969628
looks like a smith and wesson .32 hand ejector model in nickle Finnish
2nd or 3rd model to be precise
>>
>>33969628
Lucky you. Whenever I go walking around the bogs,I'm always hoping I'll find an I.R.A. weapons cache so I could find a sweet piece for self defense.
>>
>>33969628
Those are 22 cartridges but that cylinder looks more like a .32 or perhaps even a .38 S &W
>>
>>33969717
>>33969924
>Wow really? That's shitty.

that guy is pulling his stories straight out his arse.

there is _one_ instance of a guy getting arrested for handing in a weapon. and the reason was, he didnt hand it in, in anything remotely like a sensible way.

the guy found a buried shotgun, had had run-ins with the police before, so instead of making a call, he arranged a meeting with an officer he knew, in a public place, and pulled the fucking gun out of his pocket to give to him.

Some people should just be jailed for being a fucking idiot. He's one of them.
>>
>>33972035
I can understand that, a known felon pulling a gun out on cops here will see him ventilated too despite his intentions.
>>
>>33969628
Seems like a gen 1 famas
>>
>>33969924
>Wow really? That's shitty.
No i live in South America, and since there has been a home invasion close to my street i think im gonna keep it, just in case.
>South America
BR? Ou algum paĆ­s COMUNISTA?
>>
Nice gun, man.
Don't listen to retards saying it's useless. 22 kills as much as any other gun. It was used to great extent in many countries.
If it belonged to your grandpa do not ever get rid of it. It's your responsibility to take care of it now. Congratulations for becoming hasguns.
>>
>>33974072 here.
Since I'm posting through desktop now I can type more now. Your fun looks like a Smith and Wesson Ladysmith .22lr. Just don't dry fire it, since it's a rimfire.
Do not attempt to polish the revolver since it's nickel plated, just keep a thin coat of machine oil on the external surfaces. Make sure it's THIN, and no oil gets near the cilinders and the ammunition.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.