[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why exactly russians didn't uprise against Stalin after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

So why exactly russians didn't uprise against Stalin after German invasion?
I never understand this.
It obvious that germans expected this to happend, even Hitler talk about this.
I know about barrier squads and gulags, but is it really possible to fight a war only because your soldiers fear their own officers more that enemy?
>>
>>33969627
your thread makes no sense
>>
because the Germans treated them like garbage. the death rate of soviet POW's in German captivity was horrendous. the soviets fought hard because of fear of reprisals from officers, and the fact that the Germans were destroying their homeland. its not that hard to understand.
>>
>>33969627
Had the Nazis been a little less hardcore about the "Exterminate all subhuman Slav vermin" thing, Ukrainians alone could've turned the tide on the eastern front. Fact is, the Germans were cruel and vicious even when it didn't serve them.
>>
>>33969627
Uprisings did happen, just not in majority-Russian areas. Look up the Forest Brothers and the ONU.
But yeah, in most of the occupied USSR the Germans did everything possible to make everyone fucking hate them, and the people who survived were rarely in much of a condition to proclaim their opposition to Stalin after as much as 3 years under the Nazi boot.
>>
>>33969627
>but is it really possible to fight a war only because your soldiers fear their own officers more that enemy?
Yes? That's how it works. Even if it didn't Russian conscripts in the age of the musket were treated worse than animals, even then they fought.
>>
>>33969627
There was no real uprise when thousands where send to gulags for no real reason, there where no uprisings when famine repeatedly hit he country. Core element of stalinism is it to make it impossible for people to organize, every bigger organisation or business is either state run or invested with spies, unwanted informations are either kept secret or go under all the false spread rumours or fake news (this is still going in todays russia). People not only got harsh punishment for not obeying, a lot where punished for no reason, people had been beaten so much in submission, they didnt were willing to organize anything big, they just tried to survive.
>>
File: 1494323659246.png (52KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1494323659246.png
52KB, 560x560px
Odd question. Maybe Germans burning, slaughtering and raping everything in their way had something to do with it?
>>
File: 74.jpg (180KB, 1000x693px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
180KB, 1000x693px
>>33969627
First you have to understand that the average Russian is a dumb gopnik.

Keeping this in mind, remember that communism is one of the most flexible and morally relativist ideology that will employ any means necessary to remain in power.

Stalin cleverly played the russian nationalism card at the time of the war and got the dumb gopniks to throw themselves in front of the enemy machineguns.
>>
>>33969627
German autism gave them a choice between living under Stalin's boot or getting stomped into the pavement by Hitler's.
>>
>>33970265
Most of the war was fought on occupied "allied" territory.

Of course their civilian casualties will be higher.
>>
>>33970384
I thought it was factoring in Holocaust victims as casualties
>captcha images selected in the shape of a cross
>>
>>33969627
Hitler wanted to take Russia and wipe out all the Russians. Even the most anti-stalin of the Russians knew that if Hitler won there would be no more Russia. Hitler was obviously the greater evil because his goal was to wipe Russia off the map.
>>
>>33970265

Interesting response, Albuquerque.
>>
>>33970365
>soviet soldiers sacrificed by the millions to ensure the survival of their country and race
>haha stupid gopniks

Pretty disrespectful 2bh.

The average german is a dumb kraut.
Hitler played the german patritosim card and got the dumb krauts to die by the millions in a war they had no chance of winning
>>
>>33969627
>I never understand this.

Because you are too lazy to read history and want spoonfeeding on a subject you don't really care about. FOBTR.
>>
>>33971886
Slavs aren't a race. That term gets thrown around far too much.

They did get pretty screwed tho. A German Gauleiter actually complained at the mistreatment of occupied territories where invading Wehrmacht troops had originally been greeted with flowers. No link since I read it before the internet, but IIRC it was in William Shirer's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.
>>
>>33969627
Look at this this way. The Russian people thought: "Stalin is a monster, but he's OUR monster".
>>
>>33970814
The Siege of Leningrad killed almost a million civilians on it's own, depending on the year of study
>>
>>33969627
Because internal politics take a back-burner when you're being invaded by a foreign nation. Nothing like getting invaded to maximize nationalism.
>>
File: generalplan ost.png (18KB, 651x328px) Image search: [Google]
generalplan ost.png
18KB, 651x328px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.