[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ amerifat here. I've been banned from owning guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: 624051_ts.jpg (32KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
624051_ts.jpg
32KB, 1155x1155px
Hey /k/ amerifat here. I've been banned from owning guns because I went to a super safe hugbox school and got institutionalized for "making disturbing comments". It's still my right to protect myself though, what's the best non-firearm weapon for self-defense? I have a 60lb recurve with broad head arrows but I doubt that it'd help if I'm dealing with more than one person (useless if they have a gun and aren't completely retarded in it's handling). Any advice would be appreciated my fellow /k/omrades.
>>
>>33968904
Did you joke about murdering people or small animals?
>>
>I-I promise I'm not actually a psychopath though, those doctors don't know shit
>>
>I'm not crazy, I'm Robin Hood! [twang twang]
Get a bat or a machete, you weirdo.
>>
>>33968904
get a heavy hunting crossbow and pray you never have to use it. alternatively look into clearing your record.
>>
>>33968904

Is that code for I'm 14 years old and want something to scare the other neighborhood kids?
>>
File: leatherman-skeletool.jpg (87KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
leatherman-skeletool.jpg
87KB, 1000x1000px
>>33968904
You are confusing the "right" that is a fluid legal protection from the government with the fundamental birth-right every living thing has to cling to life by fighting against something that threatens your existence. Because of the reasons you list for not being able to purchase a firearm at a store, in a self-defense trial, you may be treated unfairly compared to someone who hasn't been institutionalized. It may be that you would get off more easily or treated more harshly. Either way, your choices in protecting yourself should be based on what has the most efficiency. That's a CC handgun. Since you probably won't be able to get a CCW permit (these are needed to cover knives, clubs, whatever weapon you have, not just guns), you ought to carry a handgun illegally and be careful to not be caught. I suppose being caught carrying a huge fucking bow or other unconventional weapon might be punished with more mental hospital time, where as a gun means regular jail. It's a real shame that our country demonizes and punishes innocent people who want to be able to defend themselves without extensive vetting by a politically motivated entity.

You might be better suited, legally, to learn to use a cane/staff as a self defense weapon. I had a friend in highschool that trained with a bo staff and found a walking stick with similar balance. You can't have a large stick with you everywhere you go but there's no laws that say you can't have one.

This leatherman is on my back pocket everyday, i can have the knife out in under 10 seconds, used to be a necessary thing for work but it applies for defense too. Think about jamming a stiff pair of needle-nose pliers into someones gut and grabbing on! That's near incapacitating pain.
>>
>>33968904
>Hey /k/ amerifat here
who the fuck in america self identifies as a goddamn "amerifat"?
fugg off
>>
>>33969412
Self-loathing hipsters. He must be from /ck/
>>
>>33968904
Your best bet at self defence is getting ameri/fit/ and trying to out cardio the bullets and niggers.
>>
>>33968904

Nice try, you either got a felony charge for something retarded, are a legit mental case or just underageb&.
Either way just get a black powder revolver, they're fun and pretty effective, if a little maintenance heavy and not as convenient as modern firearms.
>>
>>33968904

If what you are saying is the truth, it is easy to have this overturned.

Just google around on the ATF's website to find the proper documentation, and then have a psych eval done to confirm you are of sound mind. That's all there is to it.
>>
Get a full set of knight armor and a spear.
>>
>>33969451

That isn't true.

You can get put into a 72-hour hold just for being suicidal, and if that happens, you can kiss your guns goodbye until you do all the requisite paperwork to undo that blemish on your record.
>>
>>33969462
Implying OP won't fuck up the simplest of questions.

>"THE WORMS ARE IN MY BRAIN!!!!!"
>>
>>33969473
>being suicidal
>legit mental case

Like I said.
>>
>>33968949
lol'd
>>
@33969480

Not even going to give you a (You).

A lot of people do this when they go to grief counseling for parents, spouses, children dying. Do you think that these people are legit mental cases? Never mind, don't answer. I am just going to keep denying you (You)'s.
>>
>>33969506
Speaking of "legit mental cases," you are taking the time and effort to "deny" this person something by not directly linking to his post? Are you getting some kindof endorphin rush from reading my post that has the characters "(You)" in it? You sound like a liberal.

OP, armslist is your friend. Private sales aren't subject to background checks unless you live in a state like mine, where they are.
>>
@33969557

Highly illegal. If he was found in possession of a firearm that he purchased, even via private sale, he's going to prison.
>>
>>33969563
That's true for sure. Being a free human being isn't about doing what you are told by a strong group of people you'll never meet, it's about living life in spite of those who benefit from controlling you.
You sound like a liberal, btw.
>>
>>33969506

If your reaction to a close one's death is turning please-pay-attention-to-me suicidal (because if you're legitimately suicidal, people usually don't find out until you've at least tried), then yes, you're a mental case.

>I am just going to keep denying you (You)'s
>Not even going to give you a (You)

Figures you'd be intimately acquainted with the goings-on of mental institutions.
>>
>>33969412
First day on 4chan?

Taking disparaging suffixes and embracing them has been *chan culture since day 1, my newfag friend.
>>
File: 1476397030145.jpg (41KB, 430x492px) Image search: [Google]
1476397030145.jpg
41KB, 430x492px
so you have self-esteem issues and whatnot and also want a weapon to "defend yourself"
You know anon in an institution they have guards that can take care of you and you can still live a full life. Maybe talking to someone will help.
>>
Heard "black powder firearms" that don't require an ffl are legal to own for you. I'd highly recommend doing your own research on that though.
>>
>>33968940
((((Doctors))))
>>
>>33969775
>teh (((((((KIKE))))))) SHRINKS are out to SAP AND IMPURIFY ALL OF MY BODILY FLUIDS

Maybe if you could shut up about /pol/ memes for a minute when you're talking to normies IRL, they wouldn't think you're mental.
>>
>>33969848
Bingo
>>
>>33968904
Get a spear and some kaltrops.
>Hear a bump in the night
>Throw the kaltrops out bedroom door
>Spear at the ready if they somehow avoid the foot cutters
>Profit

You could also just buy a black powder revolver and a big knife. If you live somewhere humid, (anywhere that isn't arizona desert) you may want to put the revolver in a ziplock with some silica packets to keep the black powder from getting moist.
>>
>>33969912
Ziplocks don't hold humidity

>>33969848
>>33969563
>>33969506
>>33969477
>>33969730
>>33969451
>>33968949
>>33968940
>>33968912
>>33969005
Holy shit /k/ is fucking retarded. The words "mental Illness" makes gun owners jump ship from freedom quicker than liberals watching a white male speaking in public.
>>
>>33969702
>Chan culture since day 1
It's basically been human culture since day 1. Several tribes in Africa and in northern regions have almost exactly the same tradition (self disparigment, disparigment of tribemembers, usually whomever brings food home) as a means of policing ego and evening cliques and social strata. They will literally call each other and themselves faggots/pussies/shitty hunters etc. The behavior can be observed in many modern groups of male friends as well.
>>
>>33968904
tell us what you did faggot
>>
>>33968904
Crossbow OP. Bows are fine but a crossbow is the closest to a gun you like be able to get. Other than BP.
>>
>>33970386
Silicon packs don't absorb humidity

Try to work on not being stupid as well as crazy.
>>
>>33970721
MUH TRIBES

who fuckin' let this guy in.
>>
>>33968904
You didn't get banned from owning guns on that set of facts.

You may be prohibited from acquiring a concealed carry permit, and you may be unable to pass a background check to purchase a firearm because of an involuntary mental health commitment, but unlike a convicted felon, you wouldn't be denied ownership or home possession rights under federal law or in any state that I know of.

The form 4473 talks about involuntary mental health commitment as a no-sale reason, just like it talks about things like alcoholism, a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction, and drug or marijuana use. That doesn't mean that a any of those people would be unable to actually possess a firearm, like a convicted felon would - only that you can't buy one, and probably won't be able to get a concealed carry permit.

Example: Convicted felons can't possess a firearm to hunt or target shoot or defend their home, and can't inherit granddad's shotgun. Alcoholics, marijuana users, and those who have been involuntarily committed at some point, BUT never convicted of a crime and not subject to a restraining order, still can - they just can't purchase.
>>
>>33969563
Bullshit.

Show me a federal or state statute that says that if someone is involuntarily committed they lose the right to possess a firearm for life.

They may lose those in their possession at the time, they may be prohibited from purchase, and they may not be able to get a carry permit, but they aren't going to prison for possession absent some misbehavior with the gun or felony conviction.
>>
>>33970857
Ziplocks are porous and let moisture through. No one even said anything about silicon, however silica is a descant and was a good recommendation. Leave a cigar in a ziplock on the table for a few days, it dries out. Leave a bp revolver loaded in a ziplock in a moist environment, the powder will get too wet to function.

We're all crazy about something, for me it's freedom. I have no illusions that everyone agrees with me, but that doesn't make my opinions any less valid.
>>
>>33968904
Ok bud, was there a COURT RECORD of you being COMMITTED TO A MENTAL INSTITUTION, (important part) AGAINST YOUR WILL?
>>
>>33968904
>went to a super safe hugbox school and got institutionalized for "making disturbing comments"
They can't do that without your parents' consent. Are your parents anti-gun retards?
>>
>>33968904
Ah yes, a Sage bow.

Got my wife a left-handed one for Christmas. It's pretty damn good.
>>
File: 1494600734010.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1494600734010.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>33968904
>I went to a super safe hugbox school and got institutionalized for "making disturbing comments".
>>
>>33970386

Crazy people are the number 1 argument against gun ownership. If we can eliminate and illegalise them, the antis will have no ammuntion agianst us.
>>
>>33969912
Cold steel has some good ones
>>
>>33968912
Not OP, who is, as always, a faggot, but it is absurdly easy in some states to get yourself fucked out of basic civil rights.
>>
>>33969451
In California, you can get your guns taken away if someone says you're depressed and then you have to pay a fee regardless if it was true or not.
>>
>>33968904

If they have:

1: Baseball bats
2: Machetes
3: Pistols

Go out and buy a iiia shield and a cold steel gladius. Throw in a ballistic facemask and helmet for good measure.

Tyrone wont know what hit him. Good luck and stay safe robin hood.
>>
Anyone want a PSE recurve. I'll send it to you
>>
>>33976088
This

Also, can a hight functional autist own a gun in america?
>>
>>33968904
buy a crossbow fag
>>
>>33971381

A California 5150 (72 hour) mental health hold results in a 5 year state ban on firearm ownership.

If it gets upped to a 5250 (up to 14 days) then it's a lifetime ban federally.

Not OP. My wife had severe post partum depression, and threatened to kill herself repeatedly. I had to finally call the cops on her. She's fine now, it was purely in relation to pregnancy, but my rifles and handguns have to be off premises, forever. Home defense involves fire extinguishers (really), a couple of short swords, and a long hallway with my 50# Bear grizzly recurve waiting silently on the other end.

If any basketball americans show up looking to party, they will get blinded by fire retardant, then run through or lung shot...and more than likely pinned to a wall in the process.
>>
>>33969506
>>33969563
autism personified
>>
>>33969473

completely untrue.

A 72 hour involuntary does not take away your gun rights. A judge does not need to sign off on it.

Neither does a voluntary hold of any length
>>
>>33977755
well except in California
>>
Use an axe
>>
>>33976427
Yes. Don't even mention it, so long as you behave like a functional human being in society and prove to do so, the FFL's won't give a damn. Just be sure to lock it away when things get hairy in life. Best I did was get the will to get off the meds, and take supplements as an alternative. Happy hunting on that firearm of yours lad.
>t. High functioning autist
>>
File: Sage leaves.jpg (23KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
Sage leaves.jpg
23KB, 700x466px
>>33968904
>/bant/ pasta has made it to /k/

Needs a little extra flavor.
>>
>>33975317
"illegalise them:" What the fuck are you talking about? Every human being is going to have a different brain. Dangerous behavior should be punished with detainment/treatment until it is clear that the person isn't a danger anymore. Simple as that
>>
>>33969412
It's fucking retarded but they do it. What chaps my ass is when Americans call college "Uni". That's so fucking gay, just say college.
>>
>>33969473
This is 100% true.
I live in California, not allowed to own any firearm for the next 5 years because I tried to kill myself.
>>
File: 1445737702136.png (2MB, 1276x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1445737702136.png
2MB, 1276x1170px
>>33968904
Get a black powder revolver. It's not legally a firearm but will serve you far better than some shitty bow.

Or pic related.
>>
>>33979059
After 5 years it expires and you're cleared to own guns?

Anyways im planning to off myself with heroin. not giving the antis ammo
>>
>>33969730
>can still live a full life
>locked in a ward against your will until you die
>absolutely no freedom whatsoever

This is akin to a meaningless existence. If the only way to keep someone alive was to lock them up in a ward and monitor them for the rest of their lives until they die, then it's better for that person to die. Death is not the worst of evils. A life where you lack freedom to do the things you love and enjoy is a nightmare. I'd take death anyday.
>>
>>33979037
aint nothin wrong with callin college uni m8
>>
>>33979101
This anon's got it figured out. There is a big difference between life and existence. You can be alive without living life. Life is existence + freedom.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.