[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the dumbest shit you have heard the police or media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: dumb.jpg (19KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
19KB, 480x288px
What's the dumbest shit you have heard the police or media say about guns.

This is a beauty
>>
>>33966841
More like a Toyota pickup of handguns.
>>
>>33966841
>The Glock pistol is like a Ferrari of handguns.
Not even meming: what the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
its the honda civic of guns, ive heard this said by tons of different people, leo and military included.
>>
>>33966992
I really don't know
>>
File: g'day.png (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
g'day.png
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>33966841
>>
File: pix976074609.jpg (49KB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
pix976074609.jpg
49KB, 640x411px
>>33967002
Agreed, ferrari would be a gun you spent more money on than is normal, and allows someone to perform in a faster manner. A competition race gun is the first thing that comes to mind.
>>
>>33966992
i think he's trying to talk up the glock like it's some sort of superweapon
>>
>>33967031
It's overpriced and people spout it everywhere when they have it?
>>
>>33967232
It's true though
>>
>>33966841
I don't know if this counts but I once heard some museum guy call a type 56 assault rifle an AK47 (which is fine) and then say the reason it's so popular is because you can just aim by firing full auto and looking where the bullets go without ever using the sights.
>>
>>33966841
To be fair in the context of Australia glocks are probably rarer and more expensive for criminals compared to other handguns but he's vastly exaggerating just how much a glock goes for on the streets and how hard it is to get your hands on. I would say something like a desert eagle or massive revolver is significantly more desirable and expensive as a status symbol.
>>
>>33966841
Coppers are kind of weird when it comes to guns, when they're around Chief Insp rank they're so far distant from reality its basically an executive office job anyone can do.

I do a bit of pistol training to help people get their licences here, once in a while I'll get the odd cop who's a rotten shot that needs to re-qualify and try to unfuck their lack of practice, terrible marksmanship and complete buggery of firearms safety. Its sort of then you realise that most of their job is slinging pissheads in a holding tank, driving around, walking, paperwork, doughnuts and doing RBT's- actually using a pistol is pretty low down on their 'things to do'.
Which might be slightly horrifying to the more enthusiastic gun nuts, but its just their reality.
What scares the shit out of me is private security guards with a gun... those guys are fucking awful
>>
>>33966992

I think he was trying to talk up NSW police upgrading from .38 revolvers to glocks.
>>
>>33966841
Well when you consider Aussie cops carry boomerangs it makes sense.
>>
>>33967560
>What scares the shit out of me is private security guards with a gun... those guys are fucking awful
how bad are they?
>>
>>33966841
Just after the recent terror attack in London, radio show has people calling in with their views about it, then one fucking retard calls in:
>if the policeman who was stabbed had been an armed police officer, the terrorist would have gained a gun, and could have killed hundreds.
What made it worse was the presenter agreeing with them.
>>
>>33967725
Man that is some hilarious shit.
>>
File: desk pop.jpg (76KB, 634x597px) Image search: [Google]
desk pop.jpg
76KB, 634x597px
>>33967704
>how bad are they?

Majority are fucking awful, you'll get a couple of the older guys that have some brains about them, but the majority are pretty fucking dense
On average:
>1-10 will have ever fired anything
of them
>1-10 will have actually ever fired a pistol

I'll teach anyone willing to listen regardless of who they are, but its really hard to get through
>Terrified screaming from recoil
>Not actually listening
>Don't hold it sideways
>Don't mag dump
>Don't point the fucking gun at.. oh god not me
>The gun is not to be used to scratch your head or arse

So yep. Sometimes its going to take maybe 2-3 visits before we've got something down pat in safety that I'm happy with and some degree of hitting what they're sort of aiming at most of the time.
Then you just know they're never going to practice.
>>
>>33967829
>The gun is not to be used to scratch your head or arse
>Don't hold it sideways
yeah maybe gun laws are a good idea...
>>
>>33967844
Lot of it has an element of bullshit to it which I don't like, people say they've used firearms in order to get the job, keep a job or qualify for those duties.
So you get the dickery with people trying to make it up like they think they know what they're doing- it lasts about 30 seconds and then they're fucked. In a lot of ways a gun is a bit like driving a car, there's an element of safety, responsibility and respectability which comes with using it and provided people are properly trained, you get a degree of risk minimisation.

Problem here is the stigma, cars kill many times more people than guns ever do despite being completely legal, easy to get and any fucker can get a licence it seems. But the old gun, that's something which seems to have ended up unnecessarily in the shit bin
>>
>>33967997
>In a lot of ways a gun is a bit like driving a car, there's an element of safety, responsibility and respectability which comes with using it and provided people are properly trained, you get a degree of risk minimisation.
you can't get that past the fucking leftists these days. either everyone gets guns and we somehow magically turn into america on steroids with afghanistan level gun battles erupting whenever you graze someone with your shoe, or we have "sensical gun legislation" that ends up stripping guns away from everybody and ushering in the next holocaust.

there's no fucking middle ground. you have to pick a side. i hate this country sometimes.
>>
File: 1487255650340.jpg (91KB, 640x801px) Image search: [Google]
1487255650340.jpg
91KB, 640x801px
>>33966841
>Basically get a free indoor range within 10-20 minutes of your house
>Can't shoot worth shit
I don't get cops, if I was a cop I'd probably go through a hundred rounds on all of my off days, my wallet would know only pain.
>>
>>33967704
I'm an unarmed guard. Or PSO as the company likes to label everyone. Because calling everyone an officer makes it sound prettier.

Tldr of the situation is that armed guards in my company are expected to undergo a minimum of 36 hours of training and be at least 21. 8 to 12 of which is probably bog standard (unarmed) guard training. Quite likely they will never have handled a gun before, or if they have, it's that one guy at the range that /k/ likes to tell stories about.

The average security guard is generally the last person you want to have a gun, especially as the average security guard will be replaced by the end of the year for one reason or another.
>>
>>33966992
this may come to you as a surprise but police officer have a tendency to talk out their ass
>>
>>33968009
>there's no fucking middle ground. you have to pick a side.

Yeah, we're kind of fucked.
Back in the days when old bastards like me grew up, dad or your uncle or grand dad took you out, showed you how to use a gun and impressed upon you the great responsibility and trust they've placed in you to use it like a decent person. I guess that's not a quantifiable enough thing now that sporting shooters have been chased off into one corner by draconian laws and the other side that wants a gun in every pot is in the other.
So our resource of Joe Bloggs shooter who grew up using guns as a tool around the farm or would go camping and hunting with their dad is decreasing rapidly. Its too hard to get, everyone will tar you with either being a too hardcore murderer/next school shooter or not hardcore enough because you don't want an M4 AR. Can't fucking win I swear!

Think a lot of people lost perspective that we never had the right to own guns simply by being born here. I don't really think americanisation is the answer either.
>>
The absolute dumbest thing I ever heard a police officer tell me was at a public event where when asked about his pistol, (a Sig p229 in .357 sig) and said "well we carry Sigs but are in the process of upgrading to Glocks"

I 360 noped right out
>>
File: IMG_1437.jpg (69KB, 716x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1437.jpg
69KB, 716x461px
>>33968074
No you're retarded.
>>
>>33968069
>Back in the days when old bastards like me grew up, dad or your uncle or grand dad took you out, showed you how to use a gun and impressed upon you the great responsibility and trust they've placed in you to use it like a decent person.
this is an amazing thing that nobody really does anymore. that will rattle even the silliest cunt into reconsidering their actions.

>Think a lot of people lost perspective that we never had the right to own guns simply by being born here. I don't really think americanisation is the answer either.
really i just want people to understand that guns are tools, they aren't inherently evil. if we can't trust someone to use a gun properly, what can we trust them with?
i wouldn't mind every second person having a gun if everyone was rational about it.
>>
File: 1494299039801.png (19KB, 154x204px) Image search: [Google]
1494299039801.png
19KB, 154x204px
I've got one.

While at a range for my buddy's birthday we rented a couple of pistols (deagle, 5.7 and a ppk) eventually the ppk had a ftf and the rso came over and wrangled the gun in his hands saying, "ITS A GUN YOU GOTTA SMACK IT AROUND A LITTLE"

Tfw never went back to that range
>>
>>33968093
>this is an amazing thing that nobody really does anymore.
Just one of those rites of passage into adulthood which seems to have been lost along the way and not really been replaced with anything else.
Reality is that very few of us will rate amongst humanities finest achievers, but we can all live a good life.
>>
Some old guy on youtube said "This gun is reliable enough to carry at home, but I wouldn't take it to the middle east."

And he lived in a very humid part of the U.S.
>>
>>33967704
This bad:

http://wavy.com/2017/02/16/johnathan-cromwell-charged/
>>
>>33968334
You a squid?
>>
>>33967584
No, this is from the Four Corners report that aired tonight

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2017/05/15/4667550.htm
>>
>>33966992
If you see a nigger with one, he probably stole it from a white guy who doesn't know what to do with his money
>>
>>33967232
nice crop job faggot.
>>
>>33967739
On a related note, an apprentice said to me that the attack would have been much worse if it was in America, as the guy would have been armed with a gun..
I pointed out that so would at least 7/10 of the people around him, as well as all the rozzers too...
Apprentice still insists he's right.
He's a right bell end.
>>
dont you love that the only people in Australia that can carry a gun are police and people who protect money?
>>
>>33969802
What's your job?
Where and why did you pick up the dumbass?
>>
>>33968023
It's stupid, bongcops who are allowed guns are literally forced to do firearms training once a month and have to do a two week refresher course every year or they get kicked off.

Whereas most US PD's don't bother with mandatory training because it costs too much.
>>
>>33966841
>>33966992

It's just a "normal" gun to us but to niggers it's like a Wilson Combat or something because they know about it through rap music. Most niggers only have shitty saturday night specials or hi-points and stuff, so Glocks are really sought-after because they work.
>>
>>33971831
no, because in Australia its very expensive and scarce
>>
File: 143450080945.jpg (104KB, 1024x723px) Image search: [Google]
143450080945.jpg
104KB, 1024x723px
>>33967530
Massive revolver you say?
>>
>>33967704
Pretty bad

t. Armed security guard
>>
I'm looking for a couple other reports from CNN with this guy, but you'll get the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi4vVMj5fuQ
>>
>>33966841
Australian cops are the last people who should have any say when it comes to guns.
I have been with them when they do their training with handguns and it's shocking, which is fine for people who haven't shot before but what makes them terrible is they think that because they're cops they know their shit.

There was that VIC Police chief last year who claimed a Savage 110BA was "not a machine gun, but definitely some kind of Automatic" and that it was a weapon of choice for mid and high level criminals.

There's a current shitfight happening because some bloke's Ruger Charger got confiscated for being a machine gun (because "It looks like one").

All that Adler nonsense was just a breathtaking display of ignorance and retardation.

They have no idea what they're talking about yet not only are they allowed to carry guns around, the public is ok with it yet wants to disarm the poeple who actually have to go through training.
>>
>>33975474
>All that Adler nonsense was just a breathtaking display of ignorance and retardation.
BUT IT'S A FULLY SEMIAUTOMATIC LEVER ACTION SHOT GUN WITH A HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE CAPABLE OF KILLING 120 PEOPLE PER MINUTE!
>>
>>33975474
I'm so sorry for you and your fellow countrymen.
>>
>>33968069
Fudd plz.
>>
>>33975474
tl;dr Vote 1 LDP.
>>
>>33974433
>>33974433
wtf did I just see
>>
>>33974433
Aw shit this is my fucking state my fucking county. I know this is an old video but CNN fuck off from my guns you commie shits.
>>
>>33971781
>Whereas most US PD's don't bother with mandatory training because it costs too much.
Uh yeah, no. You are mandated at least an annual qualification (for every LEO in the US). However, certain states and agencies are more stringent than others.

In my state, you do day and night courses of fire with all duty weapons. You're also required to complete a combat course during qualifications; your agency is allowed to deviate from the state standard, but only to make it more complex/demanding.

If you don't qualify (at least anaully, anywhere in the US) your LE certification is suspended until you do.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.