[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I'm looking for an m1 Garand. What should I look for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-05-14-14-02-46.png (1MB, 1075x715px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-14-14-02-46.png
1MB, 1075x715px
Ok so I'm looking for an m1 Garand. What should I look for and what should I avoid. I want to stay under 1000 bucks.
>>
>wants the greatest battle implement ever devised
>won't spill necessary shekels

No
>>
>I want to stay under 1000 bucks.

LOL

Maybe you'll find a rack grade one at a garage sale in the middle of Iowa.
>>
>>33959098
I'd say wait a bit until Obama's executive order to keep korea war era surplus from coming home gets overturned, market will flood with more surplus and prices will drop.
>>
>>33959098
for under 1,000 you're really looking at like any gun that hasn't been bubba'd, isn't rusted to shit and still works safely.
>>
>>33959098
check the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
They just got 86,000 m1 garand's
you should be able to get them in A+ condition for 800
>>
>>33960212
Just got?
Where'd they come from? CMP's been running out of stock for ages now...down to almost nothing.
>>
>>33961485
They got them from the Philippines, just got released back to the United States recently. Don't expect miracles condition wise because they have been stored in a incredibly humid country and have seen use until relatively recently.

However you can still get a CMP special grade M1 for 830.00, they have refinished components and a new barrel. I expect a lot of the Filipino M1's will likely end up being rebuilt to that state as well.
>>
>>33961485
Philipines
http://taskandpurpose.com/civilian-marksmanship-program-m1-garands-philippines/
>>
>>33961562
>>33961691
Think I might wait and see what the mixmaster philipino ones end up going for. Already have a very nice one from CMP that I gave to my father, now just want to grab a shooter for myself.
>>
File: 01d33b91c55fd01f9f18ac7921bf7db1.jpg (710KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
01d33b91c55fd01f9f18ac7921bf7db1.jpg
710KB, 1400x933px
>>33959098
I got a 44 Springfield at a gun-show for 800 because it looked like hammered shit. It had a good barrel so i sprang for it. If you are willing to put in a little work you can make one look pretty again
>>
>>33961562
>>33960212
yeah but dont you have to be a member of the CMP and go to meetings and shit
>>
>>33960068
wtf? Why would obama bother to make an executive order blocking something that specific/minor?
>>
>>33961883
He blocked reimportation of arms, because he's a dick
>>
>>33961883
>Obama
>Doing anything anti gun
>being surprised
>>
>>33961892
>>33961899
Well I wasn't looking for more reasons to hate Obongo, but I guess he deserves it
>>
>>33961870
ya, you have to know the secret handshake, and get a little tattoo.

No, its easy. you can join a couple of organizations over the internet, and you get a neat newsletter and everything.

you need to prove you shoot, a range officer can sign off on that.
>>
>>33961562
>>33960212

They havent got shit. They just arranged the transfer with the phillipine government. Meaning that they are probably about a year out at the minimum. It takes a lot of red tape to arrange the shipment, get them to ANAD, log them into army database, ship them to the CMP, log them out of the army database, log them into the CMP database, and then inspect/repair them for sale.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.