[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this thing just got categorized in Aus from catergory D (semi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: speedline_medium.png (85KB, 740x160px) Image search: [Google]
speedline_medium.png
85KB, 740x160px
So this thing just got categorized in Aus from catergory D (semi autos) to category b (bolt action rifles) and was wondering if any fellow k/ommandos have had any experience with the gun or have any tales to tell.
>>
>>33956198
I've never even seen it before, mind you that there are a number of guns that get made for the Australian market but never get here to burgerland, for obvious reasons of not likely to sell well or bans on Chinese imports etc etc.

Is it really semi automatic or some wired pump/bolt/lever action?
>>
>>33956225
its got a lever you hit with a thumb to cycle a round. if this gets to the media itll be an adler sized shitstorm
>>
>>33956237
That's nifty, considering though that alot if these types of guns are just redesigned pump actions chances are pretty high it works as intended, but alas i have zero experience or knowledge of this piece.
>>
>>33956253
I'm guessing this one's a redesigned semi-auto, where the bolt gets held open, then the lever releases the bolt, closing and chambering a round.
>>
Too bad they want so much for it. I would get one of these with a 13" barrel for a burr/brush carry gun. At its current price it just isn't worth it for the novelty. (Leaf btw)
>>
>>33956253
Surely it has to have some sort of gas / recoil operated system, and the lever just cocks it or something

If it was manually operated you'd need a bloody strong thumb
>>
>>33956261
It's basically just a semi-auto where the bolt locks open on every round.
The thumb lever is a bolt release.
>>
Comes in 300WM... hmm, that could be fun.
>Problem being I already have a 300WM I barely use :(
>>
>>33956271
What happens if you tape down the bolt release? Will you have a nigger rigged semiauto?
>>
>>33956362
Of course! Just like you can hold down the trigger on a semi-auto to have a nigger-rigged machine gun.
>>
>>33956379
Except a semi auto has a trigger disconnector. I'm wondering if there's some sort of "bolt catch disconnector" that would prevent you from doing what I described.
>>
Pretty nifty thing, that. Definitely a good alternative for people who want semiauto but can't, though as a brush gun I'd consider any lever action guide gun or double rifle over it, and if it's a matter of fast repeating on longer ranges, I'd consider the Merkel RX Helix, or the Blaser R8 - While I cannot easily find a price for the Speedline, I cannot imagine it being cheaper than the alternatives I brought up, as "cheap" is not a word I easily associate with Verney-Carron.
>>
>>33956514
>Except a semi auto has a trigger disconnector.
Exactly.

>I'm wondering if there's some sort of "bolt catch disconnector" that would prevent you from doing what I described.
The Australian government isn't going to allow something that could so easily be converted into a semi-auto, and a well-to-do company isn't going to risk their market or their reputation by marketing something like that.
>>
>>33956565
Do you know this for a fact?
>>
>>33956640
From what I can find about it, the government tested the rifle itself for several months before reclassifying it, so if there's a way to make it fire semi-auto it's not a simple one like holding the lever down.
>>
>>33956640
No, and I also don't know for a fact if the medication I take has been reviewed by the TGA.

But despite that, I can say on both accounts that it has, because that's part of the approval process for everything, and those two examples belong to their respective everything sets.

Go back to Russia, proofsbot.
>>
>>33956640
I don't know for a fact if my car has been tested for not spontaneously catching fire but since I bought it and drive it without issues I'm going to make the educated assumption that at some point the necessary steps were taken to prevent that
>>
>>33956198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMOABUq3FmQ

in action
>>
>>33956640
>>33956640
FOU rep here, if you hold the lever down and fire the bolt will not travel
>>
>>33956822
probs should google the ford pinto case if you want to find out how much people really care about doing the right thing
>>
>>33956295
Comes in 30-06 as well
>>33956537
I heard somewhere around 3K
>>
>>33956911
FOU?
>>
>>33956952
Firearm Owners United

Pretty much the only pro gun organisation in Australia left after Latham joined the LDP and will undoubtedly fuck their gun policy.

Zero tolerance for fudds and/or cucks from what I can see.
>>
I would honestly love to see this thing in .308 + 10 round mag. Id imagine 300 WIN MAG and 30-06 tiring you out after a few shots
>>
>>33956981

ah ur the lads with that FB page nice nice. ye saw that straight pull SLR vid, was quite nifty
>>
>>33956939
>Comes in 30-06 as well
heh, damn brother in law has an old piece of shi...relic of a 30-06 if I ever felt the need :)
I still carry the 300WM out with me for old times sake and sort of a 'if this pig the size of a horse is 400m away and I must absolutely kill it' opportunity comes along. Mostly I use it on the retarded deer that sometimes come out of the bush and mess around on my paddocks, annoy my sheep and get their dumb fucking heads caught in the fences. Its not like I really need a 300WM to kill them either, but I can do it without walking very far and its kind of funny when they get blown up by it.

Still, for someone who's got the cash the flash the Verney looks pretty sweet
>>
>>33956939
>around 3K
3000 AUD or USD? Any which way, that is a LOT lower than I would have thought.
>>
>>33957077
3300Aud
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.