[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>building your own AR is easy! >complains when something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1494556582611.jpg (67KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494556582611.jpg
67KB, 720x480px
>building your own AR is easy!
>complains when something fucks up

If you build an AR and don't know how springs work in relation what gas system the rifle uses, have to look up what needs to be staked reading this or just bought a lpk and a completed upper, you don't know shit about building a gun.

There's a reason why Colt is good. They have been assembling AR's for decades and they have everything figured out. Compared to entry level rifles, garage builds or even boutique gucci shit, I would take a Colt or BCM any damn day of the week. Half you people are better served buying a Colt OEM gun then slapping whatever furniture you need onto it.

Fucking fight me because that PSA Freedom AR was the most you've ever spent with monies in your short 18 year old life.
>>
File: shitposting_corp.png (152KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting_corp.png
152KB, 800x800px
I have a PSA rifle and it's great. Who hurt you anon? Did mommy not give you your allowance? Reminder to sage bait threads like this
>>
>>33955567
A Colt Expanse 2000 Carbine, which is the basic bitch AR with a Dust Cover, forward assist, and brass deflector, is $749.99 at my local academy. It has an A2 front sight post but no rear sight. The Colt expanse 1000 doesn't have a dust cover, no forward assist but the upper is forged for it, it just has a brass deflector,people buy it anyways because it's $649.98
>>
>>33955620
>I have a PSA rifle and it's great.

It's great because you run only one mag through it every year.
>>
File: tohru_yes.png (1MB, 1014x720px) Image search: [Google]
tohru_yes.png
1MB, 1014x720px
>>33955731
Just put 200 rds through it on Tuesday and plan to go again this Tuesday. Why are all AR-fags autistic as fuck?
>>
Who makes the best .308 ARs?
>>
>>33955835
LMT gets my vote
>>
>build ar's
>Only have minor gassing issues with light ammo on 20", overgassing with blanks on 12.5
>Tune them
>???
>Solid guns
>>
File: IMG_0234.jpg (346KB, 618x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0234.jpg
346KB, 618x718px
>>33955567
>turn 18
>want gun
>decide to build AR because poor
>get ruger lower
>get PSA lower parts kit
>get completed upper from stag
>literally the same situation as OP described
>2000 rounds through it and 0 (zero) malfunctions
>mfw seeing this thread
>>
>>33955894
Don't you have to be 21 to buy a stripped lower? Maybe it's just my state.
>>
>>33955905
My dad had one because he wanted to build an ar, i built the rifle and gave him 100$ when we transferred it
>>
>>33955567
some people enjoy putting together a parts kit because it is a fine medium between buying a complete rifle off the shelf and spending a stupid amount of time learning every minute detail of a guns specifications to make sure it all works. ill bet my left nut you didn't just jump strait into building a AR piece by piece. everyone starts somewhere, even people with autism just like you.
>>
>unironically believes that Colt = quality

There may have been a time when this was the case, but it certainly isn't the case now. Did you forget that they lost their contract for the M4 with the government precisely because their QC was shoddy?
>>
>>33955567
>staked
theres no stake being installed. the procedure is called swaging.

once again the tacticool mall ninja crowd cant even get the terminology correct.

#fudd4lyfe
>>
>>33956081
>theres no stake being installed. the procedure is called swaging.

is this nigga serious
>>
>>33955731
I had a RRA which is arguably better than Colt. It worked just fine. Just as good as my 4 PSA rifles that I bought as kits and did the LPKs for. Plus I have done 3 other PSA kits with LPKs. The first rifle that I assembled the lower on is my go-to rifle. I put just shy of 3k rounds through it before it got it's first cleaning. It started getting too gunked up to chamber the first round. I wiped it down and it's back to working perfectly. Multiple mags have been used: surplus GI mags, lancer, pmags, hex and new production metal mags with brown followers. Not a single problem with any of the mags.

The PSA rifles have all ran just as well as the RRA. The only problem I have experienced is with a friend's rifle. He neglected to clean and oil the rifle before shooting. PSA uses a light packing oil that seems to gunk up the bolt lockup. You do have to use a chamber brush before first firing.
>>
>>33955905
Long guns are 18+, dingleberry
>>
>>33960051
Stripped lowers can be made into "pistols" so typically you have to be 21 to buy, mouthbreather.
>>
>>33960051
You have to be 21+ to buy a stripped lower in Texas so
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.