[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock triggers are embarrassingly bad. It's as if the designers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: trigger.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
trigger.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Glock triggers are embarrassingly bad. It's as if the designers weren't even trying. The worst part is that we now have a generation of shooters who don't even know what a good trigger is supposed to feel like. Sad to see marksmanship dying as guns become like everything else in America: mass produced plastic garbage.
>>
nice blogpost
>>
>>33955211
Git good faggot, I can get .5 MOA with HK93 and you have NO IDEA how heavy those triggers are.
>>
>>33955211
But every reasonably priced firearm made past 1950 is mass produced trash that often contain parts that don't even hold to specification because the unreasonable demands of modern production require both the operators and the inspection team to fudge the measured dimensions so that they are (technically) within tolerance. If they don't do this, they get replaced.
>>
>>33955222
>.5 MOA
I see someone slept through geometry class.

t. mathematician

>>33955230
Define reasonably priced.
>>
>>33955230
Or they'll just outright throw bad parts in with the good ones (that may themselves not actually be any good - they only have time to inspect the one, you see) because they don't want to be the one held responsible for a bin of 1000 bad bolt carriers.

Or they'll be working their way up to making proper parts but they still keep throwing the out-of-spec test pieces in with the rest of the finished parts because they'll get fired if they scrap too many parts.
>>
>>33955245
A HALF INCH GROUP AT 100 YARDS YOU AUTISTIC FUCK.
>.5 MOA=.5 in= 1/2 in.
>>
>>33955245
wow your, dumb
>1 MOA = 1 inch at 100 yards
>.5 MOA = .5 inch at 100 yards
>>
>>33955245

Fuck off no guns faggot.
>>
File: 1450217680924.png (147KB, 222x265px) Image search: [Google]
1450217680924.png
147KB, 222x265px
>>33955222
>checked
>>
>>33955285
>>33955292
Nobody shoots half inch groups at 100 yards with a pistol. Anyone who says they do is lying.
>>33955312
I know you are, but what am I?
>>
>>33955352
>HK93.
>Pistol.
LEAVE.
>>
>>33955410
Assumed he was referring to a pistol since that's what we were talking about. Since he wasn't, then his argument was irrelevant.
>>
>>33955352

Can't you read? I called you a faggot.
>>
>try trigger on glock 19 at glock both at NRA Atlanta
holy shit was it bad
>glock "perfection"
>>
>>33955211
go to bed grandpa
>>
>>33955352
.5 moa is also a quarter of an inch at 50 yards.
>>
>>33955419
He was responding to OP, who said
>Sad to see marksmanship dying as guns. . .

I'm glad that you're nogunz, you're way too fucking stupid to have any buisness being around a weapon.
>>
>>33955476
The OP was talking about handguns, specifically complaining about Glocks.

And yes, marksmanship is dying. Guns were once tools. Now they are toys.
>>
>>33955211
It's designed to be terrible on purpose, so people can have a gun they feel safe carrying with a loaded chamber and no manual safeties.
It's the concept of the double action revolver but in an autoloader.
I personally feel that this is throwing away the mechanical advantages the autoloading handgun can provide but that's the attitude held by the "experts" today.
>>
>>33955519
Ironically the worst offenders of the guns as toys concept are the guys that can't resist any moment they can to tell somebody that the Glock is the only handgun you should own and shoot.

These guys are living in a delusion of being tier 1 operators, they emulate their favorite firearms instructors, they base their look on special ops guys from Afghanistan circa 2005, and hilariously the vast majority have never served.

They cling to the operator image to prop up their egos and make themselves feel manly, the Glock fanboyism is just a part of that whole picture. Like owning and driving a 1 ton capacity diesel pickup truck they choose the Glock because they feel that their choice of hardware makes them look like a "real man".

>tl:dr insecure men of the 21st century need reassurance that they aren't just hairy women, the Glock is their toy for playing operator.
>>
>>33955531
>so people can have a gun they feel safe carrying
Safety is not more important than efficacy.
>>33955581
Truer words never spoken, anon.
>>
>>33955531
>It's designed to be terrible on purpose, so people can have a gun they feel safe carrying with a loaded chamber and no manual safeties.
This explains the take-up but not the break. The trigger break on a VP40 is much better and crisper than a Glock 22 but they are considered equals by most range officers. The Glocks do have a better reset and you can convert them to .357 Sig and 9mm but if you buy a VP40 you're stuck with an awesome gun in a shitty caliber.
>>
>>33955211
any marksman who cant shoot a glock adequately and needs a 1 pound 1911 pull to shoot is incompetent.
>>
>>33955581
Fudd leave.
>>
>>33955660
>if you can't run track with a 20 kg sack of rocks on your back, you suck at running.
Why would you intentionally make life more difficult?
>>
>>33955880
why would you pretend running with 20 kgs is impossible? nobody expects you to run the fastest but you should be able to finish. its not like learning to shoot a glock is an impossible task.
>>
>>33955980
Why deal with that crap if you don't have to?

No one says it's impossible either, it's just making your task more difficult for no good reason.

>>33955676
Found the Glock 19 owner/RAM Big Horn Edition™ driver.

I bet you have sweet tats and were totally "in the sandbox"
>>
File: easymode.png (149KB, 882x667px) Image search: [Google]
easymode.png
149KB, 882x667px
>>33956076
>>
>>33955211
because glocks aren't target pistols, they're combat and self defense pistols but if you can't group as reasonably as say a man sized target at 25 yards with a glock maybe you're just a bad shot
>>
I don't think glock is bad, but I've shot a hi-point and actually liked it more for some reason.
>>
File: trophy.jpg (592KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
trophy.jpg
592KB, 3264x2448px
>>33955581
What on earth? I get that you want to shit on a group of people for owning something you personally don't enjoy. Fudds are notoriously simple like that. However comparing a glock to a 1 ton diesel truck is daft. A large frame, loud magnum revolver, or an expensive "tacitcal" pistol, like a HK MK 23, would be closer to your description. A glock is not special, or expensive. It doesn't demand attention. It's common, and cheap, it gets compared to the Honda Civic commonly.

>>33955211
Also, OP, marksmanship isn't inherent in any gun. It is a skill, you don't get better at racing simply by owning a Cobra. If you think your pistol will make you "magically" better at shooting, you're not even trying.
>>
>>33956160
Man sized groups are completely insufficient, and nobody is claiming you can't be accurate with a glock, its just backwards thinking to make a gun and then deliberately make it more difficult to shoot.
Of course you can put aftermarket triggers in them if you want to.
>>33958468
You made the error of thinking that the Glock was being compared to a 60,000 dollar diesel pickup.
It was illustrating the mindset of a very loud and obnoxious group of glock owners.
You may live in a larger city so you may not see this so much but there are people who do buy trucks just so they can look like they are "minimalist hard working men" yet they have the latest iPhone, wear Ed Hardy shirts, and have thousands of dollars worth of tattoos. It's a paradox of wanting to be a nail chewing cowboy but they're still 21st century men.
Those guys get a Glock because they saw U.S. Marshalls once, and some tactical training YouTube videos about how tough the Glock is so they must have it because tough guys only use tough guns.
The only people I see making the Honda Civic comparison to Glocks are buttblasted HK owners who can't fathom why someone doesn't like the gun they like.
The irony of course is that the Glocktards are just as bad as the koch hecklers, and they both buy into the "I'm so fucking tactical" ego trip of owning a certain gun.
>>
>>33955211

I want to hatefuck laci green.
>>
>>33955222
>get .5 MOA with HK93

Please stop making things up on the Internet.
>>
Try a factory s&w m&p. Then youll know what a bad, mass produced crap trigger really is.
>>
>>33958468
>glock
>not expensive
>costs more than $299
>not expensive
wastefulfags need to leave
>>
>>33958662

>guy has nice truck and common, practical pistol
>Compensating! What a fag! Not manly like me! I'm a better man than him!

Correct yourself.
>>
File: 1493467639065.jpg (17KB, 367x388px) Image search: [Google]
1493467639065.jpg
17KB, 367x388px
>>33955211
Lemme guess
You also made the ar15 hate thread?

I guess you hang around busy intersections just to watch the traffic accidents?
>>
>>33958805
Welp, I found one.

I'm surprised a high speed lumber jack such as yourself has time to post on 4chins. Don't you have a few acres of trees to chop and tow with your non existent 5th wheel trailer while shooting mexicans with your III%™ butt buddies?

Oh, you don't? I forgot, you are just a fucking poser.
>>
>>33955211
>Sad to see marksmanship dying as guns become like everything else in America: mass produced plastic garbage.
But Glocks are Austrian.
>>
>>33958938
Americanization is a global phenomenon.
>>
>>33958712
You can faggot, git good.
>>
>>33955271
>>33955230

Lol, are you guys my co workers? I'm a "probe operator" for a semi conductor wafer facility and all this sounds to familiar.

>tfw get shitty wafers
>told to lie by boss and send it on like nothing bad is going on
>look up who the customer is
>nasa

Sometimes it's shit that goes in pace makers or cars too...

>tfw I am become death, seller of bad electronics
>>
>>33956076
No, try a Dodge Dakota 2005, a Glock 20SF I handoad for, and tats are retarded.
And.... I'm a POG.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.