[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/, just turned 18 a few months ago and I'm interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: mjijllj.jpg (32KB, 477x500px) Image search: [Google]
mjijllj.jpg
32KB, 477x500px
Sup /k/, just turned 18 a few months ago and I'm interested in buying my first gun. Only problem is I live in California, so hand guns are off the table and everything else this shit state has banned. Any recommendations for my first buy?
>>
>>33954321
why are handguns off the table?
>>
>>33954321
Let your choice of gun be tailored to its intended purpose? Do you want to shoot for fun affordably? Then get a rifle in 22 LR. Do you want to hunt? Then get a Winchester model 70. Do you want to defend your home? Then get a shotgun.
>>
>>33954350
You have to be 21 to buy them here
>>
>>33954321
buy a fucking 10/22 and learn to shoot like your daddy was supposed to teach you.
>>
>>33954388
I just want something to be able to take to the range, but I'd like to go bigger than a .22.
>>
>>33954406
I already know how to shoot, it's just been about 3 years since the last time. Now that I can actually buy my own shit now I want to get back into it
>>
>>33954409
get one of those weird california ar's
>>
>>33954321
If you are just starting out, never handled a firearm period before, and have no intent on hunting I would just get a 10/22 to start off with. Huge aftermarket to play with and ammo isn't hella scarce anymore. After that, since you're in Cali I would work up towards an SKS or save your pennies for a cucked AR/mini14
>>
>>33954350
Illegal in CA to even possess a handgun without a parent present (was gonna suggest 80% until I saw this)

>>33954321
What kind of cash situation you in. Maverick 88 on the low end or sks / ar on the mid tier.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (17KB, 710x340px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
17KB, 710x340px
>>33954321
OK what about m1 carbine?
>>
>>33954429
Just checked on the sks, most of them I'm seeing around the $400-$700 dollar range. What should I look for in one?
>>
>>33954321
A Mini-14 if you have some cash; a Maverick 88 if you don't. What end of the state?
>>
>>33954473
Socal
>>
>>33954321
https://gun.deals/product/ruger-223-blkhog-tgt-ss5828-781
mini14 for 560 shipped at buds guns.
>>
>>33954321
M I N I

1 4
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.