[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's face it: mag-fed pistols are superior to revolvers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 16

File: revolv.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
revolv.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
Let's face it: mag-fed pistols are superior to revolvers. Period. The one and only argument wheel-guns used to have was reliability. Now it's absolutely clear that magazine semi-auto pistols are generally just as reliable as any revolver can be.

So what is so romantic about owning and shooting a revolver?
>>
theyre good range toys because manipulating guns is fun
>>
>>33953931
>he doesnt love the spinning
hnnng
>>
>>33953931
>never, ever, ever jams
>muh stopping power, no issues with longer cartridges because it doesn't have to feed them
>much less complex than your average glock, means less shit can go wrong and less shit to clean
>A E S T H E T I C S
>>
>>33953931
Old guns are neat.
Modern guns are neat.
Practical guns are neat.
Goofy guns are neat.
There's no reason to get crabby because somebody owns a gun that's no longer in common use with military or law enforcement.
>>
File: youngocelot3.png (277KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
youngocelot3.png
277KB, 549x549px
>>33953931
DELET THIS
>>
>>33953967
>never, ever, ever jams

Confirmed for never actually owning a revolver.
>>
>>33953931
>So what is so romantic about owning and shooting a revolver?
I don't know, man..... you just have to hold one in your hands and feel it. It's kinda hard to explain.
>>
>>33953931
How else am I supposed to feel like Humphrey Bogart?
>>
>>33953931
Not ammo sensitive like autos. Mags don't wear out. .357 kicks ballistic ass.
>>
>>33953986
It's the shape of the grip. It fits the hand more naturally than the grip of a semi-automatic which must account for a magazine. Even so, the grip shape of a double action revolver isn't as good as it gets. A single action revolver, which doesn't need to house any of the mechanism in the grip, is the best handling, most natural pointing handgun you can get. The only thing that feels better in your hand than a single action revolver is your own cock.
>>
File: colt python.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
colt python.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
Because nothing is sexier than a Colt Python.

That's why.
>>
File: f10.jpg (15KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
f10.jpg
15KB, 694x530px
>>33954083
>The only thing that feels better in your hand than a single action revolver is your own cock.
>>
>>33954085
I would not mind having a Colt Python one little bit, but I must very respectfully disagree. The Korth Combat is the sexiest handgun of all time.
>>
>>33954083
fucking TOASTED
>>
File: 1487651979156.jpg (46KB, 976x510px) Image search: [Google]
1487651979156.jpg
46KB, 976x510px
>>33953931
They're mechanically interesting, don't require magazines, generally feel good in the hand, and are capable of handling magnum-class cartridges.

A good looking revolver is also more aesthetic than most pistols.
>>
File: gentle persuasion.png (219KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
gentle persuasion.png
219KB, 500x548px
>>33953931
subjectively wrong
>>
>>33954000
>>33954000
>>33954000

Bogart Trips
>>
>>33954111
>>33954111
>>33954111

Picard Trips
>>
>>33953978
Confirmed for being a bad revolver owner
>>
>>33954756
>>33954762

get your own trips
>>
File: index_8.jpg (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
index_8.jpg
11KB, 400x400px
>>33954770

no, you
>>
>>33954707
anon this is a blue board
>>
>Now it's absolutely clear that magazine semi-auto pistols are generally just as reliable as any revolver can be.

Call me when my revolver fails to feed, double feeds, has rounds nose diving on a feed ramp, fails to eject, fails to go into battery, fails because I used it to do a contact shot, or fails because the slide was touching something/being grabbed when I fired it.

>inb4 muh timing issues

Only a problem on double action Colt revolvers that have inherently weak lockwork or Smith and Wesson K-frames used to fire thousands of magnum loads.
>>
>>33953931
>better inherent accuracy
>stoppan powah to make a 1911 or G40 blush in magnum chamberings
>Fifty cents for an entire ten round cylinder of .22lr
>manual action means you can run mouse fart quiet loads with no issue
>easy to retain brass for reloading
>fixed barrel for better precision
>cooler looking than generic polymer turds
>>
>>33953931
>only argument wheel-guns used to have was reliability

Bullshit.

Ease of use. Anybody who has never even seen a gun can use a revolver. It's fucking idiot-proof.

Semi-auto failures are ammunition related. Revolvers can ignore bad ammo.

>>33953974
This guy fucks.
>>
>>33954821
>cooler looking than generic polymer turds

Cyberpunk disagrees.
>>
>>33953931
I'd still take a handcannon over a mag fed pistol anyday if I'm going to hike innawoods.
>>
File: f8190a8252aeab49792a4ecb4fcb6fbe.jpg (275KB, 764x1023px) Image search: [Google]
f8190a8252aeab49792a4ecb4fcb6fbe.jpg
275KB, 764x1023px
>>33954902
>>
How am I supposed to take down a charging Yogikamf with 10mm? It's like you kids don't even consider the AK life where there are actual monsters to prepare for. .454 Casull and up is necessary out here, no romanticism about it.
>>
>>33954983
>yogikamf
>no search engine results
If you mean bears, sufficiently hot loaded .44mag, .45LC, or 10mm should work in most cases.
Unless you're on Kodiak Island. Then bring a howitzer.
>>
File: XGXwTD9.jpg (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XGXwTD9.jpg
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>33953931
>So what is so romantic about owning and shooting a revolver?

The Deer Hunter scene would be pretty different with a mag-fed pistol
>>
I own two revolvers.
I also have wood furniture on my G3 and my AK.
I also have incandescent light-bulbs in my house and I take photos with film cameras.

Some people prefer modern efficiency.
Other people have class.
>>
>>33954999
>lesser 48 reporting in gais!
>>
https://youtu.be/0rPTk8raXdo?t=16m57s

Revolvers are very simple to use.
>>
>>33953931
>Now it's absolutely clear that magazine semi-auto pistols are generally just as reliable as any revolver can be.
WRONG
>>
>>33954197
Lives in california
Korth, manhurin, or colt python (<single action only) are all banned. Fuck me for living here and California foe being retarded.
>>
>>33953978
>I spin my revolver and slam it closed.

Why does it not work now?
>>
K frames are sick good looking.
>>
>>33954798
Enjoy servicing it.

>Man my barrel shoots like shit after 2500 rounds because MUH MUGNUHM DICC CARTRIDGE
>Better ship it to either the manufacturing company or one of five certified gunsmiths in the country that can work on my series

>Man a new trigger would be nice
>But if I take it out myself, the timing would be fucked
>OFF TO THE GUNSMITH

>Man, I'm getting light primer strikes, springs must be getting old and worn
>GUNSMITH

>Damn, the price of .357 is fucking brutal and I can't find .38 either
>Well, can't put on a .45 acp barrel anyway

>Shit I dropped my revolver on the ground, timing should be fine though
>TRIP TO THE ER

Magnum cartridges don't mean shit, just because they can take down a bear doesn't mean that they're good for in a woods defense, like how technically I can drive to the gun store on a fucking lawnmower.

Reliability is a lie. Best benchmark out there is to put 5k rounds through your pistol without cleaning it, using decent enough ammo. Many pistols of different brands and makes have passed this benchmark.

They're impossible to service at home without risking life and limb next range trip, if not outright impossible without the proper tooling that is of such limited access that it is virtually impossible. Where as with all my pistols, I can strip them down to screws and fucking springs with my hands, a screw driver, a bean bag, a hammer and a set of pin punches.

Revolvers don't have much anything going for them outside of that they're fun to shoot, because of the mechanical manipulation.
>>
>>33955533
>I can't find .38
This has literally never happened. The last gun store at the end of the universe will have a full shelf of .357 and .38 right between the .30-06 and .22lr.
>>
>>33955533
Have you ever actually taken apart a revolver m80? They're pretty simple to put together and sort out most timing issues with basic hand tools.
>>
>>33955533

"It shoots like shit" after shooting anything without cleaning.

Yhe bro, Im 100% with You, it shoots like shit after 2500 rounds.

as a matter of fact You shot 2500 rounds and You question revolver reliability?

When life and limb is on the line, would You Trust a simple revolver or would You trust a 1200$ ultra polished glock when You have to stop to take a shit in the middle of nowhere (excuse my indecency)

Both are good but You need to be sure.

Whats it gonna be, something with more moving parts?
>>
File: aww.jpg (4KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
aww.jpg
4KB, 192x192px
>>33953931
That boom-push of a .44 mag or hotted up .357 is pretty fucking sex
>>
File: 44357.jpg (83KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
44357.jpg
83KB, 960x960px
>>33955645
SP101. It's smaller than it looks.
Compared to a .44
>>
>>33955690
I've had a go of a GP100 and they're not a bad bit of iron.
At the moment I've got an old 1990's era 686 which does some of my club pistol training on revolvers and occasionally I'll drag it out to shoot pigs with as sort of a backup/my own amusement. I wouldn't mind getting another .357 for my wife who seems intent on stealing the 686
>>
I like revolvers, but I have mixed feelings on snubs.
>>
>>33954707

Best revolver right there.
>>
>>33953967
>much less complex

Anon... I mean I'm on your side, but at least try.
>>
File: oyhLnjm.jpg (98KB, 1024x345px) Image search: [Google]
oyhLnjm.jpg
98KB, 1024x345px
>>33955533
You're really grasping for straws, bro. I hope you're just trying to troll and don't actually drink your own Kool-Aid. In case you do, however:

>muh barrel changes

A non-issue for any revolver of decent quality. See pic: some guy got a squib load in his revolver and firing seven more times before noticing. The only damage to the barrel or the gun was that the barrel bulged slightly. On any automatic other than a USP, the whole gun would have glocknaded.

>durr I need to install a new trigger

Again, a non-issue. A decent revolver made by any reputable has a good factory trigger that only gets better as it's used. The trigger on a cheap gun like an LCR is in its stock configuration a better DA trigger than you will find on any non-bespoke automatic.

>muh light primer strikes

A spring change is something anyone can do himself, unless he is trying to do it in a Colt.

>thinks .357 is expensive
>thinks .38 special is hard to find

Are there people who actually believe this?

>thinks revolvers are damaged when dropped

Meanwhile, one of the regular elements of Ruger's product presentations to law enforcement was the salesman repeatedly throwing the gun against concrete and then running it over.
>>
how is it nobody is talking about energy and accuracy yet?

I've got a revolver i paid $435 for. It hits harder than a 10mm and that's really the best an automatic can offer.

I shoot at 50m and 60m and I hit stuff. There isn't any automatic that can compete. Everything that comes close weighs 7 pounds and costs at least $2587.52.

With a revolver like mine, it's easy and natural to practice by dry firing. I've got a good sight picture and a long sight radius.

> I can hit stuff.
> it dies when I do

really, it's the automatic that's playing catch-up. Not only is a revolver better, but a rifle is, too
>>
>>33953931
>Let's face it: mag-fed pistols are superior to revolvers. Period.

wrong

The one and only argument wheel-guns used to have was reliability. Now it's absolutely clear that magazine semi-auto pistols are generally just as reliable as any revolver can be.

wrong

1)Points better and more naturally
2)Easier to manipulate in the dark
3)Safer
4)No feeding issues
5)No slide racking
6)Higher power ammo available
7)No picking up brass
8)Limp-wristing not an issue
9)Can be fired repeatedly at point-blank range (pressed against target)
10)Easier to determine loaded/unloaded status and number of rounds available
11)Just pull the trigger again
12)No magazines to bend/have springs go bad/lose, etc.
13)Can be used one handed
14)There is more but there are a LOT of faggots on here who but shit like 9mm autos and ARs because they are in vidya games and don't know shit about shooting.

A revolver in large cal is what you use if you really give a fuck
>>
>>33956849
>Not only is a revolver better, but a rifle is, too

Rifle>Shotgun>Revolved>automatic
>>
>>33955001
The movie would have been a lot shorter for sure.
>>
>>33956938
>The movie would have been a lot shorter for sure.

If only there was a directors cut with meryl Streep edited out. Her presence is cancer in that film.
>>
>>33955028
i was with you 100 percent, until you said, "class."

>>33956919
pretty much. The wonder-9 certainly has a place, but it's always going to be a compromise weapon
>>
>>33956949
She's cancer in the movies she stars in. "Say my name". Syph was too good for her.
>>
>>33953931
>used to have
Go ask your mommy to wipe your sniffles, magtard.
>>
>>33953967
>no issues with longer cartridges because it doesn't have to feed them

you mean no issues with SHORTER cartridges. Shooting .357 from a .38 revolver would be ill advised.
>>
>>33957231
I think he's referring to Deagles having feeding issues with rimmed magnums.
>>
>>33954000
by carrying a 1911 in each pockets
oh, and smoking filterless cigarettes
>>
>>33953931

I keep one in case of bears

6" Ruger Super Redhawk with hard cast .44 magnum
>>
>>33953931
>Semi-autos are just as reliable as revolvers

HAHAHAHAHAHA... no, no they are not.
>>
>>33953931
Grandma and her old S&W Model 10 have put down plenty of home invaders.
>>
>>33956112
why does it look like he reloaded and kept shooting?
>>
File: 1485234384582.jpg (69KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
1485234384582.jpg
69KB, 720x478px
>>33954707
>tfw you will never own one
>>
>>33956112
>Barrel changes

Caliber swapping, threaded barrels, barrels with muzzle breaks .

And no shit sherlock, that appears to be what happens when you shoot underpowered rounds, completely expected considering that the barrel itself is also the average thickness you'd see in a regular Pistol

>Trigger

No, triggers do not get better with time. They don't. They slightly polish mating surfaces but that's at best a 10% improvement. Polish a piece of shit, its still a piece of shit. Springs also wear out over time, I'd sooner replace a spring on a Pistol than a Revolver.

And why the fuck would I want a DA only pistol? And thats especially funny when M1911s are heralded as having the best damn triggers, period.

And the point is, with pistols, I don't have to worry about stupid shit like fucking up the timing, where even a fraction of an inch will grenade the revolver.

And the fact that there are revolvers out there that need that sort of service work, is hilarious.

>BUH MUH SANDY VAG DON APPLY

Motherfucker, first things that come off the shelves for me during every habbening in Fuddington, Wi, is .22lr, .357 Mag, .44 Mag, .3006 and 5.56.

When I searched and scrounged for even fucking components, I found jack and shit. The rescalpers took everything and turned what normally is .50 fucking cents a round, which already pisses me the fuck off because I'm not buying overpriced pistol ammo when I could buy good .308, and flipping it for 1.50 to 2 dollars a round. Even reloading components skyrocketed, especially anything for cowboy shooters. And this. fucking. happens. every. fucking. time.

>throwing the gun against concrete and then running it over.

You mean that one time Ruger worked with Manurhin and from the deep, forged the most sacred of unobtainium.

Then dropped like it was hot because it was too reliable, and now starts at a minimum of 800 fuckbucks?

And partially because with better metallurgy, Pistols started being capable of the same?
>>
>>33956974
What compromise?

For what purpose?

Its the same retarded belief that .45 acp is best because
>MUH BIGGUH BOOLIT

By pure statistics alone, in one shot wonder, incapacitations, a .357 Magnum did something like 6% better while a .38 Spec did 3% better, as opposed to 9mm working 35% of the time.

What. Compromise.

Against bears? Motherfucker, first fucking thing about bears is that if you're not carrying Bear Mace, you're better off as Bear shit for polluting the gene pool. Second, don't expect your wimp dick snubby to fucking do anything other than to piss off a Bear, adrenaline, of course, being one hell of a drug. If you're looking for Bear defense, Bear Mace and a 12 Gauge shooting 3" or 3.5" Slugs. Period. You do not fight Bears, you make yourself a massive pain in the ass, get the fuck out of dodge, or pump them with enough copper and lead that fridge magnets stick.

So, what. Compromise.
>>
>>33960735
Where did you get those numbers?
>>
There are advantages and disadvantages to revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.

Generally, semi-autos stand up to abuse better, hold much more rounds, and their cartridges maintain their energy better. They've largely replaced revolvers in military and police use for good reason.

However, revolvers still maintain their niche for civilian use. I would not look down on anyone who chooses to carry a revolver to defend themselves.
>>
>>33960589
Nope. Fact.
>>
>>33960589
>No, triggers do not get better with time. They don't.
Tell that to my Rugers.
>>
>>33955257
>Have magazine cap ban
>Ban certain revolvers by name because fuck liberty
Is this Bill Ruger's fault too?
>>
>>33961549
>semi-autos stand up to abuse better
WTF?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.