[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ACCIDENTLY BTOKE SAIGA PLZ HEEEELP <be me <about to take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

ACCIDENTLY BTOKE SAIGA PLZ HEEEELP
<be me
<about to take off quad rail bc i want to install original style ak handguard and need to see if gastube is saiga or standard ak one
>take apart inahurry
>as im taking it apart selector lever falls out
>no retainer seems to fall out with it
>pic related, what i assume is retainer looks all jammed up like its going to break if i mess with it tightly secured
>decide its time to take the quadrail off
>get 3 screws off
last screw is staying on
>must b loctited on hard, i pull harder
>end up stripping screw and now i don't know how to get it off without destroying rail
how can i fix this /k/?
>>
>>33953633
Take it to a gunsmith.
>>
>>33953633
Ya dun goof'd
>>
Kinda glad I bought an AR..
>>
>>33953661
it would have to be an online one if i did..and i can imagine the fit they would throw...i even tried using super glue and screwdriver to get out the screw and ended up getting it stuck on the rail and receiver..rip
>>
>>33953673
You'd be surprised how often new AR owners mess up taking their buffer tube apart and ruin springs.
>>
>>33953687
>superglue and screwdriver
Nigger are you aware superglue is brittle and absolute shit at anything that requires application of force?
>>
>>33953633
Since the screw is stripped, you might need to drill it out to a size roughly just a bit smaller than the nearest sized torx head screw driver, and then hammer the torx driver into the screw, cutting edges the driver can bite and crank it out carefully, using some heat on the screw.

You can use this method infinately until you run out of screw head space or eventually get it out.

Inversely, if the screw head is cresting the hand-guard, you can dremel a slot into the screw and use a flat head.

Also, stop buying american AK parts if it's not from ALG, it's never worth.
>>
>>33953693
How?
>>
File: 1484881795673.jpg (78KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
1484881795673.jpg
78KB, 600x411px
>>33954015
Here.

Also, you have a shepherds hook retainer on your pins, it doesn't rely on the safety to hold things in place.

Move your trigger spring's hook to the appropriate location on the back of the trigger.
>>
>>33953633
So you say you want to use a shitty spring style FCG retainer eh?

whatcha got in there, a rate reducer?
>>
>>33953633
just just the quad rail off and toss it. fuck that gay shit.
>>
>>33954450
yea..i intend to replace it with either polymer with a flashlight mount or wood..i think ive realized quadrails are a tacticool meme for arfuds instead of practical
>>
Slow the fuck down faggot.

How did you strip out a steel screw in an aluminum quad rail?
Guessing that you dont have enough skill to properly seat a wrench into a screw i doubt you have the skill to extract a stripped screw
Do you have a bolt on handguard retainer?
>dat tapco trigger
Throw that shit away and install a comblock hammer that wont ruin your bolt carrier
>>
File: http___i.imgur.com_EmynL0V.gif (451KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
http___i.imgur.com_EmynL0V.gif
451KB, 320x240px
dont have a handguard retainer..
>>33954774
>
>>
>>33954034
Mostly the takedown pin retaining spring.
>>
>>33953633
How the fuck did you manage to break an AK? I get that someone can easily break a certain popular firearm with tons of tiny parts and springs but an AK has like 12 parts of you remove all the pins and everything. Just put everything back together, you'll need floss or string to hold the BHO spring down while you put the pin in since it's a glorious saiga. The retaining plate can be a pain too but it's really not that hard, you're probably just stupid.
>>
>>33954015
>ALG
2lb pull triggers are for retards who can't follow the fundamentals of marksmanship, and single stage is not how a trigger is supposed to work.

>>33954774
How would the tapco trigger ruin it?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.