[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just won a DPMS Oracle at a raffle. I have never owned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 60531-2.jpg (46KB, 796x256px) Image search: [Google]
60531-2.jpg
46KB, 796x256px
So I just won a DPMS Oracle at a raffle.

I have never owned an AR in my life and have nearly zero experience with them.

What the fuck do I do now.
>>
>>33951761
You ask /arg/ the best way to dispose of it.
>>
>>33951761
Throw it in the trash and get a proper AR.
>>
>>33951761
I suggest you read the user's guide.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/Owners-Manual_ep_58-1.html
>>
sell it and get something that's not a piece of crap
>>
>>33951761
Eh, don't >>33951775
>>33951800
Do that
They aren't horrible unworking guns or anything, just low tier ar
Very low
They work, use it and have fun or sell it and buy something you like
>>
>>33951807
I suggest you get the fuck out of here and never show your face on 4chan again.
>>
>>33951761
>learn to use/maintain it
>swap furniture for a better buttstock/rail/grip
>use it until parts break and replace them with Gucci parts
at the end of the day, as long as the lower receiver isn't fucked, the sky's the limit for what you can do with it
>>
>>33951761
Mt. Carmel, PA?
>>
>>33951825
>They work, use it and have fun or sell it and buy something you like

Couldn't he just replace the upper with something gooder?
>>
>>33951761
>I have never owned an AR in my life and have nearly zero experience with them.

ARs are just a shitty small cal semi. Go shoot it.

Unbunch your panties and congrats on your good luck.
>>
>>33951800
>proper ar
can you please elaborate what makes/justifies a proper, higher quality ar? exactly what makes a high-quality ar? the parts/materials? please explain and stop being a nigger.
>>
Personally, I would keep it, learn to AR. Then upgrade the upper and barrel for something better or do whatever you want to make it "your AR".
>>
>>33951900
Materials and workpersonship make for a better AR. How tight everything fits together is a big one, barel quality is a big one, there are lots of triggers that are nicer than the standard GI.

The cool part is that you can upgrade as you go, and the rifle can grow to suit you. Almost nothing on the rifle requires a gunsmith to change unless you are adverse to buying hand tools and don't have a vice. Think of what you got as a fully featured demo version, pay more to get increased capabilities.

If I were you I would load up up and go have fun with it. ARs are a great platform, there are a ton of options out there, and they can be made very accurate. .223/5.56 isn't the greatest round but it is plenty fun and cheap for target shooting and I wouldn't volenteer to be shot by it.
>>
>>33951761
Just shoot it
If you like the platform then think about getting a new upper someday
>>
>>33951898

What's shitty about them?
>>
>>33952375
Some people STILL can't afford them even though you can own an AR for ~$400 these days.
>>
>>33952375
It's a .22 with a ton of powder behind it so you get all the upsides and downsides of a small bullet going very fast.

It wont just wreck things like a 7.62x39 will. And it can over penetrate with out dumping its kinetic load.
>>
>>33952402

But what about that makes an AR shitty? Why not just get one in any caliber you like?
>>
File: rk_62m.jpg (40KB, 658x376px) Image search: [Google]
rk_62m.jpg
40KB, 658x376px
>>33951761
you sell it and buy an ak
>>
File: A Wyatt Mann drunk.jpg (146KB, 470x550px) Image search: [Google]
A Wyatt Mann drunk.jpg
146KB, 470x550px
>>33951775

>/arg/

He'd be better off asking a drunken nigger behind a gas station.
>>
>>33952465

>wanting a heavier gun that isn't at all accurate
>>
>>33951761
>DPMS are shit meme
I never understood where this came from as my first rifle I bought 10 years ago was a DPMS AP4, and it's never had an issue with reliability or anything and i've put everything through it from brass to steel. As for build quality and finish mine and the other DPMS rifles I've seen look just as good as my other higher end ARs from Colt and FN... Actually a few of my old colts have fucking tool marks on them, and no safe / fire and indicator markings on the right receiver

OP congrats on your good fortune, use it shoot it, enjoy it, learn to take down and maintain it. From there if you ever want you can swap shit out and customize to your hearts content. Then if you like it save up the cash and get a more higher end rifle like a Colt, or FN, or LWRC
>>
>what the fuck do I do now.

Buy.223 and extra magazines.
>>
>>33952490
This man speaks the truth. My first AR was an oracle and I've never had one bit of trouble with it
>>
File: m4EC6.jpg (35KB, 1011x270px) Image search: [Google]
m4EC6.jpg
35KB, 1011x270px
>>33952485
the increased accuracy of the ar-15 isn't enough to make a difference inside of 300 yards and outside of that the kill potential drops off drastically
>>
>>33952529

So get one in .308 lol, you are making this a 5.56x45mm vs 7.62x39mm argument, I'm just saying there's no reason to own an ak beyond the novelty of owning an AK
>>
>>33951761
Buy a primary arms red dot and some ammo.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.