[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOTM & Marksmanship General Old Thread: >>3392812

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

File: DOTM MONTH 2.png (116KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
DOTM MONTH 2.png
116KB, 801x801px
DOTM & Marksmanship General

Old Thread: >>33928124

Welcome to Month 2 anons! Come shoot the Sweet 16 with us!

>rules in pic

>You don't have to shoot with a duty/carry handgun, but you are encouraged to, this is the "limited" division and the heart and soul of our drills
>you are free to modify the rules to enable people with restrictive ranges or atypical handguns as long as you remain within the spirit.
>Shooting with an odd duck gun or unconventional gun is considered in the "open" division
>you may shoot these drills as many times as you want and are encouraged to post results with pictures and content

>these threads are designed to promote participation and meaningful training and practice
>we try to be a little more friendly here, but joking around and typical /k/ humor is welcome

A ez mode target for this is a stack of note cards stapled/taped to a piece of cardboard

"The goal of DOTM is to have fun and get people shooting. With that in mind, shoot this as much as you'd like and share your results. However, some of the drills we post have a certain spirit to them. We encourage you to keep to the intent of the drill, as that will provide you with the most information about your level of skill and thus provide an accurate baseline upon which to improve."

https://www.scribd.com/document/346633700/Git-Gud-k-s-Guide-to-Practicing-Defensive-Pistolcraft-Revision-1
>>
HARDMODE RULES: Combine these rules with the base requirements for S16

Hard Mode Sweet 16:

Shooter will begin with a holstered pistol and with their hands at their sides/defensive position. Pistol is to be holstered in whatever you've got. However, if the holster is not concealed, subtract .5 sections from all PAR times; if the holster has a retention device, use the concealed PAR. On the signal, shooter will draw and fire one round at the 3x5 card and, if successful, move back 1 yard, 3 misses in a row constitute a washout/fail.

Score is furthest distance of a successful hit.

PAR TIMES:

- All shots within 7 yards: PAR of 2.0 seconds.
- All shots between 8 and 15 yards: PAR of 2.5 seconds.
- All shots between 16 and 25 yards: PAR of 3.0 seconds.
>>
File: fbi-bullseye-course enlarged.png (2MB, 1800x2475px) Image search: [Google]
fbi-bullseye-course enlarged.png
2MB, 1800x2475px
Month 1 DOTM pictured, always a favorite, you are encouraged to try it.
>>
File: B-8 Target for 8.5x11.jpg (129KB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
B-8 Target for 8.5x11.jpg
129KB, 1200x1650px
>>33951654
Printer friendly B8 repair center for the FBI qual - prints to size on 8.5x11
>>
File: New Grip - Cold FAST1 5 13 17.webm (1MB, 1244x700px) Image search: [Google]
New Grip - Cold FAST1 5 13 17.webm
1MB, 1244x700px
Bump
>>
File: target paper.jpg (95KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
target paper.jpg
95KB, 960x1280px
Unable to draw from the holster at my local range, and ceasefire is 15-20 minutes apart so I won't be moving the target every shot, but will pick a distance abd shoot three times, then move it a ways and shoot threr more. Here was as far as I moved it back before leaving the range.
>>
>>33952121
Bump
>>
>>33953852
fuck, that's a gay range.
>>
>>33956045
It's a state run range in the middle of the biggest city in the state, and they let Hispanics in. if they let people draw from the holster there would be 100 negligent shootings a week.
>>
>>33956089
>there would be 100 negligent shootings a week.
good.
>>
>>33951644
>>33951632
I'm interested in doing S16 next weekend. Do I reholster and draw each shot or do I keep it in my hands? I'm probably gonna laze out and do without anyway but I want to know how DOTM interprets the challenge.
>>
>>33956596
reholster and draw for every shot in hardmode. Adjust the par time windows per instructions

>>33956089
Horrifying, good on you for attempting to contribute, next months drill will be more accessible.

I did a hard mode run yesterday, didn't do too hot - was under time on all my shots but kept putting rounds high, bad hold.
>>
bump
>>
>>33953852
I sincerely hope you are a frog worshipper. We'll need people like you on DOTR.
>>
>>33958944
Everyone just needs to leave me and mine alone.

>>33956799
I'm heading to the range in a half hour, might have a new target
>>
File: S16 hard mode 5 14 17.jpg (191KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
S16 hard mode 5 14 17.jpg
191KB, 675x900px
>>33960194

I did equally as uninspired today, me best is still 11 hits starting at 10 yards, here's today.
>>
File: mad.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
3MB, 240x180px
A/k/ crew bailed
>>
File: 5.91 FAST1 5 14 17.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
5.91 FAST1 5 14 17.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>33952121
I was underwater Saturday

Hoping we have some anons posting results tomorrow, cheer m8s!

If this drill is that unworkable for many of you, let's do that other one with the B8, anon needs to repost it
>>
>>33961284
My ISP is blocked from 4chan, I can only post on public WiFi
>>
File: mags.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
mags.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>33962110
We need you back, we are gonna die without legit contributors.
>>
>>33962157
Yeah, sorry m8, not in control here

>TFW a juds Taurus Millennium malfunctioned while I was shooting it
>TFW looking back in it I think his trigger safety might have broken
>TFW I didn't realize at the time and he probably thinks I broke his gun
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.