[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stumbled on a gun store near me selling Mosin Nagants for $250

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170513_144855.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170513_144855.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Stumbled on a gun store near me selling Mosin Nagants for $250 a pop. Not very familiar with the gun though so tell me if this is a good price or not. If so they have about 10 of them and ill buy one for sure
>>
>>33951032
It's a questionable buy at 250 desu. I'm not gonna shot on the nugget, and I love mine, but I got it for 89 dollars years ago when the ammo was dirt cheap. It's not a bad deal these days, but it's not all that great either.
>>
>>33951032
The price is only going to keep going up, $250 is nothing special but not too bad nowadays either.
>>
Nagants are terrible, don't bother.
>>
Ammo is the real problem, surplus is pretty sparse at this point. You used to be able to buy spam cans for $80, which is 440 rounds. Now it's mostly brown bear shit or PPU. Not expensive, but not as cheap as it was in the old days. I'd probably pass on a nugget unless you already have a lot of x54r or know where to get some for cheap.
>>
>>33951032
Skip it. For 100$ more, you could get a new low-end production rifle that will take a steaming dump on nuggets in every way

when they were 90-120$, they were a cool novelty buy. for 250, they suck monster asshole
>>
For milsurp bull shit it's a terrible deal at $250.
As far as rifles in that range, a savage will be better in every way.

Spend two range trips in ammo on top of its price and buy a modern rifle in a modern caliber.

The days of 70-95 dollar Mosins are over and so is their worth.

Unless you just want a piece of history, then go for it. They aren't getting cheaper, but either is their ammo.
>>
Get it. Use it. Sell it for double in the current market.
>>
>>33951032
These days, it's about average for Mosins.
>>
Don't spend your money on something that was fucking junk when it was made 80 years ago and has become a much more odoriferous piece of shit in the decades since.

Instead, invest your funds in something far more worthwhile. Even hookers and blow have more lasting value than the very worst mass-produced military firearm ever manufactured.
>>
>>33951032
Going to need pics of the guns to tell you if it's worth it. Plenty of times these guns have subtle markings on them that make them worth a lot more.
>>
>>33951032
I have a few classic guns on my walls in various parts of my house. All are oiled and shoot fine. All are classics. If you have to pay over $200 then you may be wasting money if you dont collect to confirm all serials match, etc and only look at the tag.
>>
File: 1494384462816.jpg (189KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494384462816.jpg
189KB, 791x1024px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.