[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hla rYpBb0lc Military parad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 55e7dcf0c36188f1258b45de.jpg (175KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
55e7dcf0c36188f1258b45de.jpg
175KB, 900x500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlarYpBb0lc

Military parades and demonstrations are stupid and gay, they serve nothing but increase the size of an army's e-peen

they are a physical manifestation of showing off your shitty scraps and thinking you own a million dollars

Funny how it's the countries with crappy militaries doing it every god damned morning like north Korea, China, Russia etc etc

the US didn't need an epic martial arts demonstration of SEALs hitting bricks with their bare hands in order to steamroll Iraq

Saying demonstrations and parades are useful is like saying flexing your arms increases your muscle size
>>
i'm just watching the russian qts in the back
>>
>>33947183
>The worlds largest army, marines, navy and Air Force with thousands of jets, tanks, ships and troops 'steamrolled' some dunecoons in the desert that didn't even have nukes

Really makes you think
>>
>>33947233
Isn't that his point, though ?

Iraq was also making a lot of military parades before both invasions, showing of their equipment and "thousands of soldiers", ect...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhCHVKjxjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDRVbd-GKUI

Back then, Iraq was seen much like we see NK or Russia today :
"-Ohmygod, they have a ton of tanks !! And they have missiles !! And their soldiers are patriotic !! And the population too !! Look at that discipline and enthousiasm !! Look at their brand new shit !!"

In the end, parades and propaganda videos ain't a measure of a good army.
Result on the field is.

US Army stomped easily all opposition since the end of the Korean War, forcing its enemies to adopt low-intensity guerilla, which makes them a minor annoyance at best.
>>
Most of those countries are ruled by strongman regimes build on shitty foundations, the flexing is for the benefit populace to reminds who's in charge and show that A they're to strong to topple so don't try, and B, they're strong so don't worry they got this and our country is prestigeous with a cool military that you should be proud of a have faith in as well as the government that makes it all possible.

Even in less showy western militaries, appearance is a big deal.
>>
>>33947340
Also I'd add, the US does it too, albeit differently. It's all about showing off, why there is no shortage of pictures and videos of the US military looking rad, why there are so many documentaries showing them in a favorable light, why hollywood gets bankrolled for fellating tge military, why Bush held a spee h from the deck of an aircraft carrier wearing a flight suit like he'd just rekt the aliens on independence day. Show the public what they're paying for and signing up for.
>>
>>33947307
I don't think the parades meant to intimidate the United States, or any first world country specifically.
>>
>>33947183
They ARE useful, though, especially for a volunteer army. How many people do you know who went to a military airshow as a kid and said "Wow, that's dank as fuck, I want to be a pilot when I grow up!"

>inb4 airshows don't count
>>
File: 30.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
>>33947183
Assuming you are from the US, your just jealous. Your parades are shit.
>>
>>33947183
>not enjoying watching all that cool shit roll or fly by

Parades and airshows showing off military shit makes the civilian population excited and extra patriotic. If you don't rely on conscription you're boosting recruitment for years.
>>
>>33947307
You're literally American version of a vatnik. AKA fatnik.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.