[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What suppressor for 10/22? Got trips on serial so probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 20170512_173034.jpg (921KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
20170512_173034.jpg
921KB, 2304x1296px
What suppressor for 10/22?

Got trips on serial so probably going to register as SBR, too.
>>
>>33942996
>falling for the sound suppressor meme
>paying $200
>waiting 9 months to a year
>only gets 30-40 decibals in reduction after all that

Just wait for the HPA to pass at this point.
>>
>>33943016
Surely 30-40dB is acutally a lot.
>>
>>33942996
What exactly do you want for a rimfire suppressor? Do you want one that's light? or easy to take apart and clean? cheapest?

elaborate
>>
At first I was planning on the Griffin can with the 3 lug QD, although since Gemtech released the universal QD mount that isn't as big a deal now (although I'd be interested to see if it affects performance of the can at all first).

Really it's between that, or one of the integral TD barrels, although I'd really like to make the ultimate backpacking gun with a 5-ish" barrel, QD can, and a folding stock.
>>
>>33943051
Easy to clean and longest life would be my ideal factors.
>>
>>33943070
Then I would recommend the SilencerCo Sparrow or the SWR Spectre II/Warlock II
>>
File: OoaIC5D-900x600.jpg (169KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
OoaIC5D-900x600.jpg
169KB, 900x600px
>>33943066
Something like this but with a QD can
>>
>>33943034
30-40 dB is a hell of a lot.
>>
>>33943016
neat a troll post
>>
File: umarex ppks 177cal.jpg (828KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
umarex ppks 177cal.jpg
828KB, 1008x756px
>>33942996
They're relatively hard to find nowadays, but I can strongly recommend the Gemtech Outback IID. Otherwise go with the Deadair Mask or Rugged Oculus.

You could also just get a user serviceable 9mm suppressor which with 3-lug can do double duty as a rimfire can. Double duty is generally best avoided, but since those roles have no cross section it's fine.

What other guns do you have, OP?
>>33943066
The Griffin 3 lug 22LR can is shit.
>>33943101
https://www.silencershop.com/griffin-armament-revolution-9.html
QD for rimfire is overrated
>>
>>33942996
Im waiting on stamps for a few different 22 cans, aac element ii, liberty regulator, cgs Hydra al, Thompson machine operative integral 10/22 barrel, and Spike's tactical buckwheat. The aac, liberty, and Thompson machine cans were originally all I was going to get, but the other two were so cheap I decided fuck it, why not.
>>
I have a Gemtech Mist integral 10/22 barrel, a Spectre II, and a Huntertown Guardian .22.

The Spectre II is the best of these because I can open it, toss the baffles in the ultrasonic tank, and come back later when it's unfucked itself.

The Mist is a huge pain to clean because the tube is aluminium and the monocore is attached to the barrel. I knew this going in, and I still love it, but seriously it sucks. Mine is the first gen one with the ported barrel; newer ones do not have ports.

The Guardian was cheaper than its tax stamp. Works fine. Steel tube and blast baffle, aluminium rest of the stack.

I have some 9mm suppressors also but I don't use them on the rimfires.
>>
>>33943070
>>33943085

Speaking on experience don't get the warlock 2. Don't get me wrong the can is great for sound suppression and weight, but ease of cleaning is not high since it is an AL baffled suppressor.

If you want easy to clean you want something with SS baffles, which would also tick the box for having a long lifespan as a suppressor too. If you want shorter suppressors look at the Sparrow like the other poster mentioned, but note that it is a lil louder compared to the Spectre2. Whether that is because of the monocore design or the size of the suppressor idk, but it is louder. Another option and is one that I went with for my 3rd 22lr suppressor is the Dead Air HD Mask. It is pricey for a 22lr can, and it cost me around 625-675 with all taxes and whatnot.

The DA Mask is short, like SCO sparrow short, but doesn't use a monocore design. It has a notched baffle system so you can only put the baffles back together 1 way and it uses SS baffles so easy for the dip. since it uses ss baffles it is noticeably heavier compared to the SCO warlock2, which when both are at clean weights, the warlock2 weighs half as much of the DA Mask even though its 1-1.25" longer.

Do note you'll be waiting for quite a while. I put my paperwork for my mask back in early June last year and it took 10-10.25 months for my form 4 to clear and get back to my dealer.
>>
It's pretty much impossible to go wrong. My advice is to not obsess over it too much.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.